Latest topics

Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 16:46

I still can't believe Shlok slapped Ashtha.... There was absolutely no need for that... And the slap was at the foot of the Temple and not a single person came to say anything? 

There has to be other ways to show anguish! No 

Sabi

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-02, 16:56

he did wat?? y?? well wen anguish can't b shown effectively, wen expressions r falling short slapping is wats left to rely on...its funny cause mills and boon do not rely on slapping, dialogues and looks create the right ambience.

u mean unlike ASR Khushi fight wen the guy tried to stop ASR and ASR picked up Khushi and walked of with her instead...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by umasundaram1 on 2013-10-02, 16:59

It is unacceptable at any time.

umasundaram1
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 50
Join date : 2013-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Kiya on 2013-10-02, 17:14

Shlok is horrible, a Cheepo

Kiya
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-02, 17:18

Slapping, in what 'situation' matter to me...i dnt say women (innocent) cant b slapped esp when i m watching MB lovestory...but the way shlok slapped aastha, m 100% against it...i look upon criticality of the situation n shlok's state therein the show was anything but critical....i travelled to some months back when asad slapped zoya, i was enraged but i cudnt hate asad for that, y? Because the situation was somehow relatable-justifiable...
I refuse to accept shlok as a hero after the slap, there is no diffn betn shlok and abhay

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Kiya on 2013-10-02, 17:20

And no comparison between Arnav and shlok. Arnav never slapped her . Shlok is awful

Kiya
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-10-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-02, 17:26

aasudi wrote:Slapping, in what 'situation' matter to me...i dnt say women (innocent) cant b slapped esp when i m watching MB lovestory...but the way shlok slapped aastha, m 100% against it...i look upon criticality of the situation n shlok's state therein the show was anything but critical....i travelled to some months back when asad slapped zoya, i was enraged but i cudnt hate asad for that, y? Because the situation was somehow relatable-justifiable...
I refuse to accept shlok as a hero after the slap, there is no diffn betn shlok and abhay
whose abhay??Question

Maria J
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8584
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-02, 17:33

Maria J wrote:
aasudi wrote:Slapping, in what 'situation' matter to me...i dnt say women (innocent) cant b slapped esp when i m watching MB lovestory...but the way shlok slapped aastha, m 100% against it...i look upon criticality of the situation n shlok's state therein the show was anything but critical....i travelled to some months back when asad slapped zoya, i was enraged but i cudnt hate asad for that, y? Because the situation was somehow relatable-justifiable...
I refuse to accept shlok as a hero after the slap, there is no diffn betn shlok and abhay
whose abhay??Question
ria, abhay is shlok's Brother in law...he forced his wife to abort his child cuz the child was gal...
Btw, ria do u thought abhay-vampire frm PKEK?

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 17:57

sarra0 wrote:he did wat?? y?? well wen anguish can't b shown effectively, wen expressions r falling short slapping is wats left to rely on...its funny cause mills and boon do not rely on slapping, dialogues and looks create the right ambience.

u mean unlike ASR Khushi fight wen the guy tried to stop ASR and ASR picked up Khushi and walked of with her instead...
Sarra... He had a dejavu... His wife/GF ( don't know yet) left him ( good acting by Avanish) she was probably killed ( not shown just from sound of glass breaking. ... I'm assuming that) ... Ashtha had gone off to help someone ( his sister, she didnt  her identity) and when she came back he slapped her... He is one big strappy guy and she is so tiny. 

I am surprised ... But maybe there is more to the story... We'll see...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 17:59

Kiya wrote:And no comparison between Arnav and shlok. Arnav never slapped her . Shlok is awful
Welcome kiya... Shlok is definitely a more darker character... I will forgive everything if Ashtha can make him go to a psychologist at some point... He needs help ! 

Remember, NK played the anger  management coach?

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-02, 18:23

Shesherkobita wrote:
sarra0 wrote:he did wat?? y?? well wen anguish can't b shown effectively, wen expressions r falling short slapping is wats left to rely on...its funny cause mills and boon do not rely on slapping, dialogues and looks create the right ambience.

u mean unlike ASR Khushi fight wen the guy tried to stop ASR and ASR picked up Khushi and walked of with her instead...
Sarra... He had a dejavu... His wife/GF ( don't know yet) left him ( good acting by Avanish) she was probably killed ( not shown just from sound of glass breaking. ... I'm assuming that) ... Ashtha had gone off to help someone ( his sister, she didnt  her identity) and when she came back he slapped her... He is one big strappy guy and she is so tiny. 

I am surprised ... But maybe there is more to the story... We'll see...
Thanks Sabi, wats the point of slapping, to show his fear? A slap is not needed for that...next important question how did she react??

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 18:29

sarra0 wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
sarra0 wrote:he did wat?? y?? well wen anguish can't b shown effectively, wen expressions r falling short slapping is wats left to rely on...its funny cause mills and boon do not rely on slapping, dialogues and looks create the right ambience.

u mean unlike ASR Khushi fight wen the guy tried to stop ASR and ASR picked up Khushi and walked of with her instead...
Sarra... He had a dejavu... His wife/GF ( don't know yet) left him ( good acting by Avanish) she was probably killed ( not shown just from sound of glass breaking. ... I'm assuming that) ... Ashtha had gone off to help someone ( his sister, she didnt  her identity) and when she came back he slapped her... He is one big strappy guy and she is so tiny. 

I am surprised ... But maybe there is more to the story... We'll see...
Thanks Sabi, wats the point of slapping, to show his fear? A slap is not needed for that...next important question how did she react??
I closed my eyes Sarra... I'll try to see today... The slap was totally uncalled for.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-02, 18:30

Slapping a woman? Not excusable or justifiable by anything. Not a troubled past, a bruised ego, a broken heart. It just shows lack of balls. A true man will never raise his hand on a woman.

Whats astounding that how a woman can fall in love with a man who has hit her. Imagine this, you are not in love with a person, he hits you, will you in your right mind even entertain the idea of going into a relationship with him, let alone love him?

But then again, the writers have made Astha a lovely doormat. I happened to catch today's episode, and saw her wondering to herself about how she should have mollycoddled him after he said sorry for slapping her, and how she didn't feel any anger at all when he slapped her. I puked internally of course.


Last edited by laddoo598 on 2013-10-02, 18:40; edited 1 time in total

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by slmu on 2013-10-02, 18:31

You, before yesterday.. I was getting to used to the show.. now I just can't bear her falling for him.

It was uncalled for, there is absolutely nothing that can excuse such behavior

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-02, 18:35

Shesherkobita wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
sarra0 wrote:he did wat?? y?? well wen anguish can't b shown effectively, wen expressions r falling short slapping is wats left to rely on...its funny cause mills and boon do not rely on slapping, dialogues and looks create the right ambience.

u mean unlike ASR Khushi fight wen the guy tried to stop ASR and ASR picked up Khushi and walked of with her instead...
Sarra... He had a dejavu... His wife/GF ( don't know yet) left him ( good acting by Avanish) she was probably killed ( not shown just from sound of glass breaking. ... I'm assuming that) ... Ashtha had gone off to help someone ( his sister, she didnt  her identity) and when she came back he slapped her... He is one big strappy guy and she is so tiny. 

I am surprised ... But maybe there is more to the story... We'll see...
Thanks Sabi, wats the point of slapping, to show his fear? A slap is not needed for that...next important question how did she react??
I closed my eyes Sarra... I'll try to see today... The slap was totally uncalled for.
stupid, u know if they must put a slap in for effect then I want the female lead to b somewhat realistic, i want one who thumps him one back..It so annoying wen they just stand and take it and then forgive so easily..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-02, 18:37

slmu wrote:You, before yesterday.. I was getting to used to the show.. now I just can't bear her falling for him.

It was uncalled for, there is absolutely nothing that can excuse such behavior
So they thought people r getting used to it, r watchin it and v want the previous status quo back, let's stick something unnecessary and objectionable and viola..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by slmu on 2013-10-02, 18:43

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:You, before yesterday.. I was getting to used to the show.. now I just can't bear her falling for him.

It was uncalled for, there is absolutely nothing that can excuse such behavior
So they thought people r getting used to it, r watchin it and v want the previous status quo back, let's stick something unnecessary and objectionable and viola..
Disgusting really Bang Bang Bang

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-10-02, 19:20

I m not against slapping a woman/man...If depends on situation oly

but here it is way tooooooo much....there is no justification...how cud he slap her...just becoz he was disturbed by the memories:shock:  of his ex-gf?

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2639
Join date : 2013-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by serena235 on 2013-10-02, 20:08

And he hit her so hard too. From the WU I was hoping it would be something like a tap on the cheek. But he swung his hand and PHATAK! She's such a tiny little thing compared to him, so all the more horrifying. :cry:

serena235
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 55
Join date : 2013-09-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-02, 20:23

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C Twisted Evil affraid Bang

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 20:31

anusha.cochin wrote:I m not against slapping a woman/man...If depends on situation oly

but here it is way tooooooo much....there is no justification...how cud he slap her...just becoz he was disturbed by the memories:shock:  of his ex-gf?
Oh Anu ... I knw what you mean...:P  Sometimes I want to slap my daughter for her sassiness.... But I have Never done it... How I control myself OGK ( only God knows) 

That scene had no justification.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 20:35

serena235 wrote:And he hit her so hard too. From the WU I was hoping it would be something like a tap on the cheek. But he swung his hand and PHATAK! She's such a tiny little thing compared to him, so all the more horrifying. :cry:
Welcome to the forum Serena... You mirror my feelings.... She is so tiny :cry: 

But I'm still hanging on... Cause I found her confusion and fear ( in front of the mirror) touching... Quite good acting today... Other than the slap... The acting by both Avanish and Shrenu and the woman who plays kaalindi was good.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 20:42

laddoo598 wrote:Slapping a woman? Not excusable or justifiable by anything. Not a troubled past, a bruised ego, a broken heart. It just shows lack of balls. A true man will never raise his hand on a woman.

Whats astounding that how a woman can fall in love with a man who has hit her. Imagine this, you are not in love with a person, he hits you, will you in your right mind even entertain the idea of going into a relationship with him, let alone love him?

But then again, the writers have made Astha a lovely doormat. I happened to catch today's episode, and saw her wondering to herself about how she should have mollycoddled him after he said sorry for slapping her, and how she didn't feel any anger at all when he slapped her. I puked internally of course.
Yes Ladooo... She is already in love... 
Maybe it's a reality ... People in love accept a lot of abuse but in a show which will shape millions of young minds CVs need to be careful... They shouldn't romanticize it. I'd have enjoyed it if Ashtha was able to catch his hand in mid air and the give him a lecture ... Or he pounced around without directly hitting her ( ASR ishtyle) !

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 20:42

pollyanna wrote:P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C Twisted Evil affraid Bang
Pals ... He made Asad slapping Zoya look harmless.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-02, 20:51

umasundaram1 wrote:It is unacceptable at any time.


**** agree with you... Uma have you seen the Iss Pyar ko ( IPKKND) the original one with Barun Sobti and Sanaya Irani ? I was thinking of asking you for awhile. 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:41


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum