Latest topics

Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Slapping a woman. What's your view?

Post by archie_79 on 2013-10-02, 21:18

Absolutely not acceptable

And for what reason, as he was worried about her leaving him? Well, I would say the slap would have definitely made her leave him [if she was a normal girl]

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-02, 21:32

archie_79 wrote:Absolutely not acceptable

And for what reason, as he was worried about her leaving him? Well, I would say the slap would have definitely made her leave him [if she was a normal girl]
shilpa, in a way u r right too...but i tell u, there is lots more to shlok which is not clear due to too much holding back of suspense and unalluring presentation of past...they r keeping up fast pace wid minimal sense is what goes wrong wid me...i skipped it today n had nt read written update too...actually, its wednesday, only day i got 2-3 hrs wid my bro so was caught up

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-02, 21:34

Shesherkobita wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Slapping a woman? Not excusable or justifiable by anything. Not a troubled past, a bruised ego, a broken heart. It just shows lack of balls. A true man will never raise his hand on a woman.

Whats astounding that how a woman can fall in love with a man who has hit her. Imagine this, you are not in love with a person, he hits you, will you in your right mind even entertain the idea of going into a relationship with him, let alone love him?

But then again, the writers have made Astha a lovely doormat. I happened to catch today's episode, and saw her wondering to herself about how she should have mollycoddled him after he said sorry for slapping her, and how she didn't feel any anger at all when he slapped her. I puked internally of course.
Yes Ladooo... She is already in love... 
Maybe it's a reality ... People in love accept a lot of abuse but in a show which will shape millions of young minds CVs need to be careful... They shouldn't romanticize it. I'd have enjoyed it if Ashtha was able to catch his hand in mid air and the give him a lecture ... Or he pounced around without directly hitting her ( ASR ishtyle) !
See I don't think a girl not having any qualms about a guy hitting her is love, rather its just the start of a cycle of abuse. Her reaction was more nauseating than the slap.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-02, 21:53

Reading u gals i came to knw aastha dint slapped back shlok right?
Oh! What an oppurtunity miss...its the prob of indian show...portraying FL over endearing and over understanding in simplest of situations...thus the char looks unreal or OTT...i remember a korean show where FL kicked out the ML in front of his frns in return of her insult....the wonder is i still believe that FL loved that boy in that show more than aastha wil love(loves) shlok....cuz tolerating untolerable is pity not love, u need to give a critical touch...bas chaldiye aur thapad margaye is not ok

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-10-02, 22:04

Shesherkobita wrote:
anusha.cochin wrote:I m not against slapping a woman/man...If depends on situation oly

but here it is way tooooooo much....there is no justification...how cud he slap her...just becoz he was disturbed by the memories:shock:  of his ex-gf?
Oh Anu ... I knw what you mean...:P  Sometimes I want to slap my daughter for her sassiness.... But I have Never done it... How I control myself OGK ( only God knows) 

That scene had no justification.
Sabi...I dnt mean Slapping s a usual thing n daily life...if a worst situation came there s nthng wrong..I meant dat oly..I knw u can understand

and Havent u ever slapped Shai? U r very patient.....My amma used 2 beat me alot during childhood:cry:

Offtopic....seeing ur profile pic hubby asking whether Barun s hospitalized:twisted: ..he felt Barun s n hospital bed:)

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 04:21

Sabi I have finally caught up and have now seen that slap, it was badly executed, unless it was edited here, u saw him raise his hand, doesn't really descend much and then u c her flinching and holding her cheek... but it was so not needed, wat were they thinking is beyond me...

but i know where I have gone wrong all this time... i just needed to get a guy to slap me and ta da I would magically fall in love...there was no set up of the story or her changing her mind so drastically in a matter of minutes...the transition for each feeling, each emotion is missing, the internal struggle, wrangling is absent...it is coming across as disjointed..and there is no basis for her change wat because of a saree? I kept wondering if his jacket would have been long enough to cover the rip... and next day happily happily get ready like a teenager...no wonder the production house r relying on saas bahu crap and melodrama...they can't carry the other part of...

and while they showed the flashback of swati all I thought was hmm how long ago did she leave him cause she had a full length dress on which hasn't been in fashion for years so not good attention to detail lol...

i can't believe she didn't react...she just took it...i am always even more annoyed with females that don't react...so wat she would take it next time as well?

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-03, 08:29

I am against men slapping women. Who the hell gave him rights dammit? Astha should have given him back.

This doesnt show a man's superiority over women, it shows his cheap brought up!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-10-03, 10:17

aasudi wrote:

shilpa, in a way u r right too...but i tell u, there is lots more to shlok which is not clear due to too much holding back of suspense and unalluring presentation of past...they r keeping up fast pace wid minimal sense is what goes wrong wid me...i skipped it today n had nt read written update too...actually, its wednesday, only day i got 2-3 hrs wid my bro so was caught up
I have stopped watching after the 1st week, only saw one episode after that on a holiday & even though I had holiday yesterday, I couldn’t make myself watch. Have stopped reading WUs too since last week, just not getting the interest. Sleep 
I read about the slap & so was curious to know what prompted it. ASR, even for the love of his mom, never slapped/hit Khushi (actually we viewers many times felt like slapping her Twisted Evil  :lol!:  ) & here is a guy slapping a girl as he thinks she left him like his earlier GF, Weird. Evil or Very Mad 
Arre yaar, find proper scenes to show Shlok’s Worry & his Confusion of falling for a girl whom he wants to hate, is this the only way left for them? scratch  And wonder of wonders, the girl actually sympathizes with him for slapping her  Rolling Eyes

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-03, 10:39

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

I have stopped watching after the 1st week, only saw one episode after that on a holiday & even though I had holiday yesterday, I couldn’t make myself watch. Have stopped reading WUs too since last week, just not getting the interest. Sleep 
I read about the slap & so was curious to know what prompted it. ASR, even for the love of his mom, never slapped/hit Khushi (actually we viewers many times felt like slapping her Twisted Evil  :lol!:  ) & here is a guy slapping a girl as he thinks she left him like his earlier GF, Weird. Evil or Very Mad 
Arre yaar, find proper scenes to show Shlok’s Worry & his Confusion of falling for a girl whom he wants to hate, is this the only way left for them? scratch  And wonder of wonders, the girl actually sympathizes with him for slapping her  Rolling Eyes
Did she.. Shocked  Seems like she has already become a puppet of Shlok instead of it being the other way round Rolling Eyes Maybe this is the nayi soch of SP Rolling Eyes

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-03, 10:44

Even in any situation slapping is not good and butuyeah it its to correct a person , the other person like father m, husband can slap her ot stranger or mere acuqintace. Or likewise women  should be abel to slap men too even if its her husband to correct him. if they can why cant us  but as whole such things should be avoided. 

here That was totally unacceptable. They were rivals not in good terms  so why she kept quiet..even if my hubby whom I love do such things iwill qutesion him .he wil not do that. But if he does..but here astha hadn’t reacted baap re…

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-03, 10:45

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

me neither watching it yar but developed an interest after reading posts here

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-03, 10:47

archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

i agree with u...i used to b pissed off with khushi at times...ASR was properly written and appropriately portrayed char so there was no doubt v viewers not connecting to him...i actually didnt hated him for releasing that tape in public...that was also an abuse no? But i cud nt bring me to hate him....and here, i m disgusted wid shlok...if he had slapped her and screamed 'bas swati' i cud hv somehow tried to sympathize him...but no he slapped aastha,not the remmants of his past....i sometimes think shlok is faking everything,n showing aastha his two face on purpose to trap her and then ruin her....i wonder where to show him hero then, cuz he dont hv innocence at all....his heart is dirty whereas arnav was clean at heart...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-10-03, 11:18

Abavi wrote:I am against men slapping women. Who the hell gave him rights dammit? Astha should have given him back.

definitely his upbringing also must be a reason..he was born n house wer oly woman haters exist ..and he was thought frm childhood that man is superior to woman and he cant misbehave with her and she has 2 suffer it silently...so his upbringing+his arrogance made him react so

I was more surprised Asthas reaction...she started sum feelings 4 him after dat slap...how pathetic she is Shocked

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 11:39

Abavi wrote:I am against men slapping women. Who the hell gave him rights dammit? Astha should have given him back.

Its wat annoyed me even more then the slap, was that she took it and didn't do anything...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 11:43

aasudi wrote:
archie_79 wrote:
aasudi wrote:

i agree with u...i used to b pissed off with khushi at times...ASR was properly written and appropriately portrayed char so there was no doubt v viewers not connecting to him...i actually didnt hated him for releasing that tape in public...that was also an abuse no? But i cud nt bring me to hate him....and here, i m disgusted wid shlok...if he had slapped her and screamed 'bas swati' i cud hv somehow tried to sympathize him...but no he slapped aastha,not the remmants of his past....i sometimes think shlok is faking everything,n showing aastha his two face on purpose to trap her and then ruin her....i wonder where to show him hero then, cuz he dont hv innocence at all....his heart is dirty whereas arnav was clean at heart...
u know that's wat i thought that it's a trap to get Aastha, wen they were going to do pooja he did say he was going to show her, and then they had to stay at the hotel and I don't know it looked contrived...but there was one line which told that not all of its a plan...but the show is just so badly executed that it's difficult to c wat is wat..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-10-03, 11:45

sarra0 wrote:

Its wat annoyed me even more then the slap, was that she took it and didn't do anything...
And to rub salt into that particular wound, she wondered yesterday why she did not feel bad that he had slapped her Bang Bang Bang

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-03, 12:03

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

And to rub salt into that particular wound, she wondered yesterday why she did not feel bad that he had slapped her Bang Bang Bang
affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!
NO ONE... (man or woman) has the right to slap ANYONE else (man or woman) period!
It is not the sign of good culture!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-03, 12:10

sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!
NO ONE... (man or woman) has the right to slap ANYONE else (man or woman) period!
Agree Appu..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 12:13

sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!
Yep shanthi and wen he apologised she walked away without saying anything and then thought to herself y didn't have reply, head bash...Seriously wat is wrong with the cvs..u can get the angst, confusion despair through without slapping and v have seen it..

Apps while for creative license i won't say it can never be done, in American shows it comes across differently, and not very often male female, but if u got slapped y couldn't she have hit him back or managed to hold his hand jus before he hit her, it's the reaction as well as the act itself that were just stupid and it wasn't needed..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-03, 12:23

sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Its wat annoyed me even more then the slap, was that she took it and didn't do anything...
affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!
Yep shanthi and wen he apologised she walked away without saying anything and then thought to herself y didn't have reply, head bash...Seriously wat is wrong with the cvs..u can get the angst, confusion despair through without slapping and v have seen it..

Apps while for creative license i won't say it can never be done, in American shows it comes across differently, and not very often male female, but if u got slapped y couldn't she have hit him back or managed to hold his hand jus before he hit her, it's the reaction as well as the act itself that were just stupid and it wasn't needed..
not comparing cultures yaara
not starting a gender war either... In fact, I strongly believe that whether it is a man or a woman getting slapped... it is wrong, no matter what
it is an insult to the innate dignity of a human being
all fights should be well-matched and equal... whether verbal or fisticuffs

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 13:00

sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
slmu wrote:And to rub salt into that particular wound, she wondered yesterday why she did not feel bad that he had slapped her Bang Bang Bang
affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!

not starting a gender war either... In fact, I strongly believe that whether it is a man or a woman getting slapped... it is wrong, no matter what
cultural thought does have an impact on how v view something..

Ah but if u were to fight with someone who can defend themselves, give a equal fight they make not come out the better one...if u respond they would think twice...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-03, 13:04

sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:affraid affraid affraid 
what!!!
SLAP!!!
for shame!

Ah but if u were to fight with someone who can defend themselves, give a equal fight they  make not come out the better one...if u respond they would think twice...
don't get u
u r saying, even if they showed the man slapping the woman here, the greater wrong was- not showing the woman retaliating?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-03, 14:57

sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:Yep shanthi and wen he apologised she walked away without saying anything and then thought to herself y didn't have reply, head bash...Seriously wat is wrong with the cvs..u can get the angst, confusion despair through without slapping and v have seen it..

Ah but if u were to fight with someone who can defend themselves, give a equal fight they  make not come out the better one...if u respond they would think twice...
don't get u
u r saying, even if they showed the man slapping the woman here, the greater wrong was- not showing the woman retaliating?
No about the cultural thing I meant that wen hindi shows show a female being slapped its different from wen its done a show from a western country, and that could be with thought process...how women r viewed...in different countries it is different, and therefore how v view it is different... I'm saying this for wen they sho it on TV / film point of view not reality...

here they shouldn't have shown a slap, about responding I meant in general if someone responded wen they were hit then it may reduce the number of people who try it again...and people who hit, beat r cowards and they wouldn't want to pick on someone there own size...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-03, 15:04

sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:not comparing cultures yaara

don't get u
No about the cultural thing I meant that wen hindi shows show a female being slapped its different from wen its done a show from a western country, and that could be with thought process...how women r viewed...in different countries it is different, and therefore how v view it is different... I'm saying this for wen they sho it on TV / film point of view not reality...

here they shouldn't have shown a slap, about responding I meant in general if someone responded wen they were hit then it may reduce the number of people who try it again...and people who hit, beat r cowards and they wouldn't want to pick on someone there own size...

Thumbsup

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:03

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum