Latest topics

Where is Amer ki Beti, Jodha??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where is Amer ki Beti, Jodha??

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-04, 14:20

Hello JAians long hug 

Hope everyone is gung ho about the upcoming romance track of Jodha-Jalal which is going to unfold in perhaps 2-3 weeks in serial timeline where our lovebirds will not only walk the journey together but will come closer too. As everyone here, I want their bicker and banter continue even after they have realised each other's importance in their respective lives.

But this is not why I made this post. Since the start of this week's episode, I feel the character of Jodha has been butchered quite harshly by the makers of the show.I have no issues with her barbs  at Jalal because she has to understand that she was so wrong in knowing and judging her husband as well as the king whom she got married too. Yup, agreed, she is on a flip-flop as far as her mental balance is concerned after being caught in a situation where she is neither Amer ki beti nor Agra ki begum, her tantrums, her taunts are all palatable , BUT STILL......

Can anyone answer the following:

Why did not she greet Jalal when he came to meet her and Salima in the garden?

Why did Jalal have to stop her, ask his ministers to leave them in privacy, why cant Jodha realise that she is not to discuss her private matters in public?

Why did she talk to  her maid about her reservations about spending night with Jalal? Isnt this too personal subject to be spoken, does it befit a queen?

Does not she belong to royalty? Hasnt she been taught mannerisms and conduct which is expected from a princess/queen? She is Amer ki Beti first, does marriage (even if its unwanted) change so much that one forgets what culture /tradition one has been raised in? Is it necessary to push down a character(read--Jodha) so that the other character (read--Jalal) will be pulled up? Is that the only way out?

Is TRP so important that u start compromising on the basic character sketch of the protagonist. Its time u revisit the drawing board!!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Where is Amer ki Beti, Jodha??

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-04, 15:08

lost in the labyrinths of Mughal fort !!

I surely would want to know what is royal behavior .. I see  Ruqaiyya sending away Hoshiyar before she opens her mouth   , at the same time  we are given to see  Jodha sharing everything with Moti and Rewa who are her maids ..

Is this the first time jodha has done so..No, I recollect she started to speak out about the MC directly in the presence of Hoshiyar before Ruqaiyya swiftly sent Hoshiyar away ..

Doesn't Menavati  do the same ??

I think one must remember  what Ruqaiyya says that Jodha is  not yet ready to  understand   nor knows  how to conduct herself in the Royal courts of Agra .. She  has been a princess of a small kingdom.. I guess they were not a great sticklers for royal protocol..in fact..does not Bharmal say that he has given lots of freedom to Jodha that are never given to a princess .. perhaps  this prevented Jodha from  actually learning the etiquette..otherwise which princess would  keep an midnite assignation with a man  to sound his opinion about the proposed  marriage ....Jodha has always flouted rules n was allowed to flout rules ..it is in the Agra court that her behavior is standing out as sore thumb

*Pauses* I can't believe I defended Jodha  with so much patience  * I really ought to sleep n come refreshed*

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-04, 15:19

Tanthya wrote:lost in the labyrinths of Mughal fort !!

I surely would want to know what is royal behavior .. I see  Ruqaiyya sending away Hoshiyar before she opens her mouth   , at the same time  we are given to see  Jodha sharing everything with Moti and Rewa who are her maids ..

Is this the first time jodha has done so..No, I recollect she started to speak out about the MC directly in the presence of Hoshiyar before Ruqaiyya swiftly sent Hoshiyar away ..

I think one must remember  what Ruqaiyya says that Jodha is  not yet ready to  understand   nor knows  how to conduct herself in the Royal courts of Agra .. She  has been a princess of a small kingdom.. I guess they were not a great sticklers for royal protocol..in fact..does not Bharmal say that he has given lots of freedom to Jodha that are never given to a princess .. perhaps  this prevented Jodha from  actually learning the etiquette..otherwise which princess would  keep an midnite assignation with a man  to sound his opinion about the proposed  marriage ....Jodha has always flouted rules n was allowed to flout rules ..it is in the Agra court that her behavior is standing out as sore thumb

*Pauses* I can't believe I defended Jodha  with so much patience  * I really ought to sleep n come refreshed*
Take an ice-cold shower before u head off to sleep!
Your brains have gone mushy!
Defending Jodha of all beings in her school-girlish behavior!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shweta on 2013-10-04, 16:45

Well I have some details to share. The Rajput princess was indeed beautiful and dignified but they are spoiling Mariam Zamani's character and history here. History tells us something else,agreed that even Salim ended up hating Akbar, they never had a good relationship but that doesn't mean Akbar and the mother of his heir had such a disrespectful feeling towards each other and Akbar never punished his Shaikhu Baba for his misdeeds. Though Akbar didn't let Salim take control over the empire until his death and salim was just too eager for the sultanate. If we go according to the historians Salim disliked his father to the full extent in his late twenties. There relationship was good only till his teenage. I never found its written somewhere (though its believed)that Salim grew up in the care of Ruqaiya or any of his other begum which some people use a reason for the hatred in their relationship. Salim very much grew up in the care of his mother.In fact in Fatehpur sikri there is Mariam's Kothi which was the supposed residence of Jodha Bai during her pregnancy but later Akbar constructed a marvelous palace now called Jahangiri Mahal or Jodh Bai Palace which has a temple for the mother and the newborn,the palace was actually connected to Akbar's private apartments. Akbar's armenian wife later occupied that Mariam's kothi. Salim in fact mentions his mother as 'Hazrat Mariam-uz-Zamani' in his memoirs Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri. He had great respect for her and he constructed her tomb as per her last wish near that of Akbar's. I find it quite strange that Ruqaiya who was always mentioned his beloved wife had her last wish to be buried at Kabul in the Gardens of Babur and not near that of her husbands.Whatever, I found it through some history writeups that Akbar had a great respect for all of his three chief begum which includes Mariam also. She must have hated him earlier as they were married in their early twenties but later it doesn't show any remark of this hatred in their relationship. So the serial is going quite on a right track and I hope they follow the history as well instead of spoiling some important facts. :)

Shweta
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-04, 16:55

sonshine487 wrote:

*Glares, haughtily* Hum Aapse Grihn karte hain, Appuseshah !!

Aapne humari Jodha ke baare main aisa kaha ! Evil or Very Mad

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-04, 17:00

jshweta16 wrote:Well I have some details to share. The Rajput princess was indeed beautiful and dignified but they are spoiling Mariam Zamani's character and history here. History tells us something else,agreed that even Salim ended up hating Akbar, they never had a good relationship but that doesn't mean Akbar and the mother of his heir had such a disrespectful feeling towards each other and Akbar never punished his Shaikhu Baba for his misdeeds. Though Akbar didn't let Salim take control over the empire until his death and salim was just too eager for the sultanate. If we go according to the historians Salim disliked his father to the full extent in his late twenties. There relationship was good only till his teenage. I never found its written somewhere (though its believed)that Salim grew up in the care of Ruqaiya or any of his other begum which some people use a reason for the hatred in their relationship. Salim very much grew up in the care of his mother.In fact in Fatehpur sikri there is Mariam's Kothi which was the supposed residence of Jodha Bai during her pregnancy but later Akbar constructed a marvelous palace now called Jahangiri Mahal or Jodh Bai Palace which has a temple for the mother and the newborn,the palace was actually connected to Akbar's private apartments. Akbar's armenian wife later occupied that Mariam's kothi. Salim in fact mentions his mother as 'Hazrat Mariam-uz-Zamani' in his memoirs Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri. He had great respect for her and he constructed her tomb as per her last wish near that of Akbar's. I find it quite strange that Ruqaiya who was always mentioned his beloved wife had her last wish to be buried at Kabul in the Gardens of Babur and not near that of her husbands.Whatever, I found it through some history writeups that Akbar had a great respect for all of his three chief begum which includes Mariam also. She must have hated him earlier as they were married in their early twenties but later it doesn't show any remark of this hatred in their relationship. So the serial is going quite on a right track and I hope they follow the history as well instead of spoiling some important facts. :)
heyy shweta,

Good to have u back !!:)

I have often read that  Khusrau was the one who was brought up by  Ruqaiyya..

As for Ruqaiyya..I think she survived her hubby by 20-40 years .. I think the changing  political situation would have alienated her and she would have  opted to return to the peace of her childhood .

I have  never read any thing that says Akabr disliked his queens, on the contrary  it was always written that he respected them  what I read  was tht the queen was fanatic in her hatred for all things muslim.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-04, 17:01

Freedom maane chaar logon ke saamne ghar walon ke saath tu tu main main karna --yeh toh pakka Ameri beti  ko Bharmal-Menavati ne nahi sikhaya hoga:twisted: 

pati ke saath sone ka mann hai ki nahi, why does daasi need to know this??

This is sheer callousness on CVs part Evil or Very Mad

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-04, 17:09

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Humney koi ashobhaniya aacharan ka achar nahi dala
jo bhi kaha Ammeejaan se ijaazat lekar kaha!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-04, 17:10

jshweta16 wrote:Well I have some details to share. The Rajput princess was indeed beautiful and dignified but they are spoiling Mariam Zamani's character and history here. History tells us something else,agreed that even Salim ended up hating Akbar, they never had a good relationship but that doesn't mean Akbar and the mother of his heir had such a disrespectful feeling towards each other and Akbar never punished his Shaikhu Baba for his misdeeds. Though Akbar didn't let Salim take control over the empire until his death and salim was just too eager for the sultanate. If we go according to the historians Salim disliked his father to the full extent in his late twenties. There relationship was good only till his teenage. I never found its written somewhere (though its believed)that Salim grew up in the care of Ruqaiya or any of his other begum which some people use a reason for the hatred in their relationship. Salim very much grew up in the care of his mother.In fact in Fatehpur sikri there is Mariam's Kothi which was the supposed residence of Jodha Bai during her pregnancy but later Akbar constructed a marvelous palace now called Jahangiri Mahal or Jodh Bai Palace which has a temple for the mother and the newborn,the palace was actually connected to Akbar's private apartments. Akbar's armenian wife later occupied that Mariam's kothi. Salim in fact mentions his mother as 'Hazrat Mariam-uz-Zamani' in his memoirs Tuzuk-i-Jahangiri. He had great respect for her and he constructed her tomb as per her last wish near that of Akbar's. I find it quite strange that Ruqaiya who was always mentioned his beloved wife had her last wish to be buried at Kabul in the Gardens of Babur and not near that of her husbands.Whatever, I found it through some history writeups that Akbar had a great respect for all of his three chief begum which includes Mariam also. She must have hated him earlier as they were married in their early twenties but later it doesn't show any remark of this hatred in their relationship. So the serial is going quite on a right track and I hope they follow the history as well instead of spoiling some important facts. :)
Hi Shweta,  whatever u said is in line with what i read in Indu's books too.
the hindu name of the queen is missing from everywhere but yeah its referred to as MUZ by Jahagir and Nur Jahan too.

Khurau was defintely raised by Ruks, he was taken away as soon as he was born, Ruks asked Jalal and he couldnt refuse her. Abt Salim and Jodha's continued hatred and all stuff like this, guess all historians have their own way of interpreting things.

I so wish that they do not tamper much with Jodha's character, not let her fall so much that it wud be difficult for us to accept her actions later on.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-04, 17:14

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Humney koi ashobhaniya aacharan ka achar nahi dala
jo bhi kaha Ammeejaan se ijaazat lekar kaha!
Ammijaan *Looks at Pallo*

Kya aapne  Humari Jodha begum ki Nindha karne ki anumati di ?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-04, 17:18

sonshine487 wrote:

Appu, aap Sathu pe "bal-prayog" nahi kar sakti, iski anumati na aapko di gayi hai aur na aapko "shobha" deti hai Rolling Eyes  

Oh Man!!! How much I laughed at that scene...u guys have no idea.....uske chalte missed doing WU for that part and had to complete it while watching MB....uffff

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-04, 17:30

pollyanna wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Appu, aap Sathu pe "bal-prayog" nahi kar sakti, iski anumati na aapko di gayi hai aur na aapko "shobha" deti hai Rolling Eyes  

Oh Man!!! How much I laughed at that scene...u guys have no idea.....uske chalte missed doing WU for that part and had to complete it while watching MB....uffff
Hum yeh Vishay sunnkar Athyant prassan hue

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-04, 17:41

ROFL ROFL ROFL GAWWDD!!! I wonder how they must have filmed it! How the hell do you mouth so much utter rubbish when faced with a man intent on "ashobhaneeya acharan"
Probably thought she could confuse him out of his intentions?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum