Latest topics

ILKDM #28 : Shock

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 14:54

“Truth makes many appeals, not the least of which is its power to shock.” ~ Jules Renard

 A pulsating and exhilarating episode with brilliant acting by Rajat, Paridhi, Hameeda Actor and Ashwini.. It was a moment when the enveloping darkness  thrust some shining home truths into the heart of Jodha, shocking her out of her complacent moral superiority , A  moment when Jalal was shown shorn of his imperial clothing , a young man , a mortal man gasping for breath ..Tiger Tiger burning bright indeed ,, for the Tiger burned very bright in its last moment  illuminating the truth and dispelling the final rays of darkness , T'was a night when Amer relinquished its hold on Jodha ! It was the night when Agra finally claimed her queen.


Catalyst , I think sometime far away in the past I had spoken about catalyst and how they change the substance they come in touch  , So is SHOCK..Shock is a emotion which grips you, shakes you to your bones and forever changes your perception of looking at things , One such shock was rendered unto Jodha y'day where in a split second the tattered , mouldy hatred  just crumbled leaving behind a woman frenziedly trying to keep her husband alive, traumatized by the fact that it was her own actions that proved inimical to him. Rain check moment when she finally grasped what death of Jalal entails for his wifes, his mother and the Kingdom . Heretofore, Jodha  had been a willful child, impulsive, impetuous ,condescending and disdainful, A  girl who had been indulged and who was allowed to get away scotfree from many of her irresponsible actions , Y'day for the first time, she was made accountable for her action, No excuses was handed out in her favour and she found herself squarely blamed and all alone ! Her over conscientious act was shown for what it was, A self righteous whim ..  She was held up a mirror which showed her that her one thoughtless action might have plunged the Kingdom into abyss , leaving the subjects vulnerable to looters, Her desire to save a life of an animal would have probably lead to the destruction of countless lifes, lesson on prioritizing was given and she realized for the first time the impact of having a king-less Kingdom .The horrors of war, rebellion and looting were very real .It was a night when the indulgent girl was shown no pity and was left to grow up. The  princess who was intent on teaching a lesson was instead taught a unforgettable lesson.

It is said that we come to know our inner feeling at the time of crisis , near death moments   or some catastrophic moments, Jalal  had one such moment y'day when the tiger mauled him and left him very near the doors of death .. A young man who in his conscious moment upholds his Badi Ammi and swears by her , never even gave a fleeting thought to her  instead his thoughts were focused around his own mother who might not brave this calamity  and the women of Harem who will be left rudderless .. A momentary thought at the way he was dying had him chaffing at his fate but more than that  was the words springing from his  innards .. It was as if the Tiger  rent his heart open, the heart that had been stilled by the bitterness of his past was kick-started by the paws of Tiger, the ill will gushing out from his heart mingling with the blood. Jalal opens his heart , The heart  that is pumping out blood , gushes out his emotions too.. He reveals  to Jodha the  statecraft   of the administration,  of ruling in the guise of  Jungle laws ..   He  rambles that as a King, it was his bounden duty to conquer the neighbouring kingdoms  lest they swallow him up and his kingdom.Jalal points out that in a Jungle there can be only one predator , more than two will lead to a fight to death in protection of their own territory which was what Jalal indulged in ..fighting to preserve his own kingdom while eliminating a potential threat ..While  the pacifist and peaceful Jodha speaks about taking everyone along which just draws a grimacing smile , A moment which also reveals the loneliness of an emperor , one who has accepted his  loneliness as an entitlement of Emperorship  nevertheless a man who yearns for companionship .. will this insights help Jodha in understanding the paradox of Jalal, A Man who misses and longs for companion ship and a wry King who understands the pitfalls of  being a ruler and accepted it . A king who knows only the rule of jungle and not how to rule hearts.


 I was going through  the WU thread and had come across  few viewpoints that stated that Maham will use this opportunity to usurp the throne and crown her own son Adham as King.. A premise which I am unwilling to accept..Maham is a wily administrator, a farsighted woman who runs with the hare (Resham n her ilk) and hunts with the fox (The court) , Maham was visibly shaken to the core when she saw a immobilized, badly gored, unconscious King  yet she knew what  had to be done , without missing a cue , she stepped up into her Vazir role and ordered the Army to be on standby , ready to take on any army which might try to use this opportunity to wrest their independendce or deal a crushing blow ! Will such a shrewd administrator start a coup ? I do not think so..for she knows very well that howsoever high she might be in the estimate of Jalal, at the end of the day, she is a servant ..would a servant command loyalty from nobility ?? will Jalal's step brother's accept her overlordship meekly ?? Will the kingdoms that have owed allegiance to Mughal Sultanat stay loyal under her son's leadership ..No.. Jalal is the lynchpin who is holding the kingdom together, the moment it gets about that the lynchpin is no more, then it will be mayhem and chaos with each King to his own, the army is loyal to Jalal and not to Maham !! Maham cannot throw  Jalal into a deep dungeon nor kill him for  it will ensure the death of her too from HIS kith and Kin .Nor does she command the loyalty of affiliated Kingdoms who will serve her unquestioningly ..Maham has nothing to gain by placing Adham on  the throne now when people are not afraid of her , do not fear her..Had Adham been able to take on Jalal head on and Kill him, there would be a fear psychosis which Maham would have used to capitalize and build up on but by staging a coup, now, she will lose more.


Hameeda .. She showed y'day why she is the Mariam Makni.. A mother who swooned at the sight of  seeing her son lying unconscious , the strong countenance looking frail and pale..yet  she is astute enough to realize the consequence , if the news of mortally wounded king were to get out even in her hysterical state she ensures a clampdown on all leaks , orders the doc to be with the king 24*7, rallies around and thinks of her daughter in laws , trying to protect them as much as possible, all these while she is breaking down herself .. Nor does she choose the moment to be vengeful, a harsh reprimand pointing out the ill thought moves of Jodha , a sharp reminder that every action of Royalty will have a larger impact on masses , No vituperation merely a pointing out the result of Jodha's actions .. Truly a doughty Empress !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-08, 15:02

Awesome post Sathya .. Love the way you write ...
You have such beautiful insight into the details of each character .. Every post of yours teaches us so many things ..
Hugs


Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-10, 05:12; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-08, 15:10

Wow...awesome post Sathu....and loved this line-- It was the night when Agra finally claimed her queen.


@MA: never thought of this angle...thank u so much....muaaah 


Hamida really proved to be the true Mallika in true sense yday. I am glad that the writers gave a good scene to both the mothers ---Hameeda yday and Menavati last week.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-08, 15:29

yesterday’s was such superb duper epi
 
and had mix emotions
 
u penned it all well
 
esp of hamida begum and in that state too she tried to protect jodha
 
superb writing and analysis and thanks for giving this insight into MA
 
but I won’t agree with what ruks did to Jodha in precap I will not cause ruks doesn’t have an authority to do that
 
 
though Jo did the mistake.. but she never though it will result in this
 
superb writing tants so we are heading for some mournful , accusation, anger filled, crying jodha epis.

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2226
Join date : 2013-02-09
Age : 34
Location : india

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 16:19

--sumana13-- wrote:Awesome post Sathya .. Love the way you write ...
You have such beautiful insights into the details of each character .. Every post of yours teach us so many things ..
Hugs
Thank You, Manu

I am humbled that you consider my rambings worthy of learning !

HUgs back:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-08, 16:25

clarissasham wrote:yesterday’s was such superb duper epi
 
and had mix emotions
 
u penned it all well
 
esp of hamida begum and in that state too she tried to protect jodha
 
superb writing and analysis and thanks for giving this insight into MA
 
but I won’t agree with what ruks did to Jodha in precap I will not cause ruks doesn’t have an authority to do that
 
 
though Jo did the mistake.. but she never though it will result in this
 
superb writing tants so we are heading for some mournful , accusation, anger filled, crying jodha epis.
Shamijaan.....i beg to differ darling......Ruks has every reason to slap Jodha.....she is Jalal's wife and childhood friend...haq banta hai uska Wink  aur woh bhi usse jo ghrina ka lecture 24*7 chalu rakhti hai....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 16:32

pollyanna wrote:Wow...awesome post Sathu....and loved this line-- It was the night when Agra finally claimed her queen.


@MA: never thought of this angle...thank u so much....muaaah 


Hamida really proved to be the true Mallika in true sense yday. I am glad that the writers gave a good scene to both the mothers ---Hameeda yday and Menavati last week.
Thanks , Hun

She might apportion herself a bit more power but she will not dare make her moves so brazenly when Hameeda and Atka Khan are there ..


 Not just that Pallo, I had dismissed her as a light weight actor earlier but she surprised me with her passion, the harsh croaky voice subject to immense pressure  and holding on to  rationality by the thinnest thread  acting y'day

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-08, 16:42

ummm.... nice....

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 16:46

sonshine487 wrote:ummm.... nice....
Yeah !! scratch

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 16:51

clarissasham wrote:yesterday’s was such superb duper epi
 
and had mix emotions
 
u penned it all well
 
esp of hamida begum and in that state too she tried to protect jodha
 
superb writing and analysis and thanks for giving this insight into MA
 
but I won’t agree with what ruks did to Jodha in precap I will not cause ruks doesn’t have an authority to do that
 
 
though Jo did the mistake.. but she never though it will result in this
 
superb writing tants so we are heading for some mournful , accusation, anger filled, crying jodha epis.
Yes, Y'day  was a darn good episode which raced well

My Pleasure and thanks for liking the post re

That essentially has been the flaw in Jodha , She is so intent on teaching , she fails to comprehend the consequence of her teaching


Nope, Ekta Maiyya for some reason is going on a bullet express speed , so we may not get too many floodings  unless TRP says otherwise

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-08, 17:01

Awesome post Tants.. Loved it Thumbsup 

About MA: If she would be in a good position only if Agam killed Jalal then y is she not discussing it with Agam?? And y is Agam planning against Jalal without MA??

Maria J
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8584
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-10-08, 17:06

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:ummm.... nice....
Yeah !! scratch
y u scratching head?

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 1510
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-08, 17:27

Maria J wrote:Awesome post Tants.. Loved it Thumbsup 

About MA: If she would be in a good position only if Agam killed Jalal then y is she not discussing it with Agam?? And y is Agam planning against Jalal without MA??
Thanks , Ria jaan


Killing means not Killing by stealth, First Adham should be in a leadership position , second he has to have few nobles willing to follow him and then he has to challenge  Jalal  ..and were Jalal to be defeated or killed ..the Adham would have gained a advantageous position ..but since Adham does not have loyal courtiers,nor is he considered a inspiring leaader ..So he has to bide his time

Cuz Adham thinks he is the man to rule since he is the one who wages war, he has the needed sword skills ..he does not fully understand that a King has other facets too  and he is naturally impatient ..on top of tht , he makes the biggest mistake of under estimating Jalal.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-08, 18:27

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:Awesome post Tants.. Loved it Thumbsup 

About MA: If she would be in a good position only if Agam killed Jalal then y is she not discussing it with Agam?? And y is Agam planning against Jalal without MA??
Thanks , Ria jaan


Killing means not Killing by stealth, First Adham should be in a leadership position , second he has to have few nobles willing to follow him and then he has to challenge  Jalal  ..and were Jalal to be defeated or killed ..the Adham would have gained a advantageous position ..but since Adham does not have loyal courtiers,nor is he considered a inspiring leaader ..So he has to bide his time

Cuz Adham thinks he is the man to rule since he is the one who wages war, he has the needed sword skills ..he does not fully understand that a King has other facets too  and he is naturally impatient ..on top of tht , he makes the biggest mistake of under estimating Jalal.
Adam has two nobles na who are his supporters?? who came to meet him to conspire against Jalal??

Maria J
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 8584
Join date : 2013-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-09, 10:30

Indha Postukku Whistle Podu. 
bounce 
I am yet to watch the episodes because of Golu and sundal, but your post is making me crave for it.

Happy Navrathri Golu :).

Ggn_girl
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-09, 13:37

Ggn_girl wrote:Indha Postukku Whistle Podu. 
bounce 
I am yet to watch the episodes because of Golu and sundal, but your post is making me crave for it.

Happy Navrathri Golu :).

Vandhu,

Muhwazzz !!!

Ohh I am missing the hot sundal  mixed with fresh coconut poovu's very much ...


It was one cracker of a episode .. Vandhu,  don't miss watching it .. All 4 were brilliant

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-09, 13:48

Maria J wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:Awesome post Tants.. Loved it Thumbsup 

About MA: If she would be in a good position only if Agam killed Jalal then y is she not discussing it with Agam?? And y is Agam planning against Jalal without MA??
Thanks , Ria jaan


Killing means not Killing by stealth, First Adham should be in a leadership position , second he has to have few nobles willing to follow him and then he has to challenge  Jalal  ..and were Jalal to be defeated or killed ..the Adham would have gained a advantageous position ..but since Adham does not have loyal courtiers,nor is he considered a inspiring leaader ..So he has to bide his time

Cuz Adham thinks he is the man to rule since he is the one who wages war, he has the needed sword skills ..he does not fully understand that a King has other facets too  and he is naturally impatient ..on top of tht , he makes the biggest mistake of under estimating Jalal.
Adam has two nobles na who are his supporters?? who came to meet him to conspire against Jalal??
2 nobles against 20 , Ria jaan..Can Adham win when the proportion is heavily tilted against him??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-09, 14:59

Very true tants, now that you mention, I realize. Jalal's parting words before he lost conscious was about his mother and his Ruks. It was realistic that they portrayed it that way.
 
It is a good lesson for Jodha, She asked the almighty for it- She wanted to teach him a lesson. But how will she when she herself had to grow up so much?
 
The almighty has to grant her wish, and so has taken up the task at hand rightaway, prepare her first to teach him a lesson... He will be taught, but not by an inadequate princess, but by a level headed queen.
 
The transition started even before the day ended, and the transistion will be complete before the man opens his eyes again!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-09, 15:40

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Indha Postukku Whistle Podu. 
bounce 
I am yet to watch the episodes because of Golu and sundal, but your post is making me crave for it.

Happy Navrathri Golu :).
Vandhu,

Muhwazzz !!!

Ohh I am missing the hot sundal  mixed with fresh coconut poovu's very much ...


It was one cracker of a episode .. Vandhu,  don't miss watching it .. All 4 were brilliant
Satya, come home if you are anywhere near Gurgaon. I have made white kadalai sundal and kunuku .

I will have to watch the epi tonight . Am missing Mahabarath too.

Ggn_girl
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-09, 15:44

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Indha Postukku Whistle Podu. 
bounce 
I am yet to watch the episodes because of Golu and sundal, but your post is making me crave for it.

Happy Navrathri Golu :).
Vandhu,

Muhwazzz !!!

Ohh I am missing the hot sundal  mixed with fresh coconut poovu's very much ...


It was one cracker of a episode .. Vandhu,  don't miss watching it .. All 4 were brilliant
Satya, come home if you are anywhere near Gurgaon. I have made white kadalai sundal and kunuku .

I will have to watch the epi tonight . Am missing Mahabarath too.
meoow  Am I smelling hot sundals? Parcel me a pack!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-09, 16:02

Abavi wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Indha Postukku Whistle Podu. 
bounce 
I am yet to watch the episodes because of Golu and sundal, but your post is making me crave for it.

Happy Navrathri Golu :).
Vandhu,

Muhwazzz !!!

Ohh I am missing the hot sundal  mixed with fresh coconut poovu's very much ...


It was one cracker of a episode .. Vandhu,  don't miss watching it .. All 4 were brilliant
Satya, come home if you are anywhere near Gurgaon. I have made white kadalai sundal and kunuku .

I will have to watch the epi tonight . Am missing Mahabarath too.
meoow  Am I smelling hot sundals? Parcel me a pack!
You are Most welcome. Hot sundal, oru parcel ready.

 I don't know how to attach a picture here. :(

Ggn_girl
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-09, 16:13

Ggn_girl wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Vandhu,

Muhwazzz !!!

Ohh I am missing the hot sundal  mixed with fresh coconut poovu's very much ...


It was one cracker of a episode .. Vandhu,  don't miss watching it .. All 4 were brilliant
Satya, come home if you are anywhere near Gurgaon. I have made white kadalai sundal and kunuku .

I will have to watch the epi tonight . Am missing Mahabarath too.
meoow  Am I smelling hot sundals? Parcel me a pack!
You are Most welcome. Hot sundal, oru parcel ready.

 I don't know how to attach a picture here. :(
 Hah !! As if I'll be leaving anything for Vi Ponnu .. I am going to gobble them up alll


Vandhu,  You  just copy paste


Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-09, 16:47

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Abavi wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Satya, come home if you are anywhere near Gurgaon. I have made white kadalai sundal and kunuku .

I will have to watch the epi tonight . Am missing Mahabarath too.
meoow  Am I smelling hot sundals? Parcel me a pack!
You are Most welcome. Hot sundal, oru parcel ready.

 I don't know how to attach a picture here. :(
 Hah !! As if I'll be leaving anything for Vi Ponnu .. I am going to gobble them up alll


Vandhu,  You  just copy paste

Tantwa, Vandana has already parcelled me my sundals... and kunuku.. you are late and what you are eating is the rest of what has already been sent to me... afro 

Vandana, I shall also sing for your golu! Shout out

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-10-09, 16:55

"T'was a night when Amer relinquished its hold on Jodha ! It was the night when Agra finally claimed her queen."


Sathya this was what I exactly felt when I watched it.....I loved your take on Hameeda too.....


Simply loved it....:)

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 770
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-09, 21:50

Abavi wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Abavi wrote:meoow  Am I smelling hot sundals? Parcel me a pack!
You are Most welcome. Hot sundal, oru parcel ready.

 I don't know how to attach a picture here. :(
 Hah !! As if I'll be leaving anything for Vi Ponnu .. I am going to gobble them up alll


Vandhu,  You  just copy paste

Tantwa, Vandana has already parcelled me my sundals... and kunuku.. you are late and what you are eating is the rest of what has already been sent to me... afro 

Vandana, I shall also sing for your golu! Shout out
Yes, singing will be nice.  i remember the time when we used to go from house to house and sing :)

Nowadays nobody wants to sing in golu. Today my daughter's friend sang an English song. Party2

Ggn_girl
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 106
Join date : 2013-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #28 : Shock

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:54


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum