Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 82 (and 81): Dil mil gaya!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 82 (and 81): Dil mil gaya!

Post by sashashyam on 2013-10-10, 12:39

Statutory warning: Satire ahead!  Proceed at your own risk, and if allergic to having your tongue stuck in your cheek for a while, please jump  straightaway to the Dil ki kashmakash  section below. No subsequent complaints about bruised sensitivities will be entertained.
Folks,
I am proud and pleased to make an official Shahi announcement on  behalf of His Imperial Majesty Jalaluddin Mohammed. His long lost dil, which had been the object of a treasure hunt for the past several years, and the very existence of which had been denied by many, including its presumed owner, has now finally been located.
Not only that, the aforesaid  Jalal ka dil  has been duly certified to be in perfect working condition by none other than the ex-Amer ki Mirchi, his Jodha Begum of nirdosh praani fame.
This momentous discovery is actually some days old, as it was made by Jodha Begum in Ajmer, when the Shahenshah , inspired by the trancelike absorption of the sufi dervishes, himself joined them to pay  obeisance to the Almighty in like fashion.  He could not quite manage to  do a Hrithik, but  that was not to his discredit, as it is something very few can do.
More to the  point, Jodha Begum, who  had never seen Hrithik in action,  was quite  satisfied with the Shahenshah in action, and even more so with this unimpeachable evidence of the existence of a dil  in the imperial chest cavity.
She was prevented from issuing an immediate  press release about this earth shaking revelation by certain unforeseen consequences of her Save nirdosh praanis campaign. She had  forgotten to provide for the possibility of khoonkhari praanis, one of which leaped off a tree branch at them, and nearly put paid to both Jalal's jism and jaan, which would naturally have included the  precious, rediscovered dil.
But all is well that ends well.  We had to endure a couple of nerve-wracking episodes, in which every deity within hearing range of the  Agra palace was bombarded with heartfelt petitions,  for the Shahenshah's life to be saved,  from an assortment of  petitioners. To list them all would take up another episode, so I will content myself with listing those who were NOT sending up the aforesaid petitions. These were, in no particular order:
1)       Adham Khan, who  forgot to instruct his soldiers not to speculate loudly, as soon as they sighted Sharifuddin's lot, as to whether  the latter were aware of Adham Khan sahib's saazish. No wonder one of Adham's subsequent brainwaves led to his being defenestrated on Jalal's orders.   
2)      Sharifuddin,  who, having gained Agra on (very thin) paper from Adham, also sent his soldiers to block the Gwalior hakim, with no follow up instructions about cooperating with the Adhamites. End result: a disaster, with the hakim sneaking off to the palace, unnoticed  in the melee.
3)      Adham's 2 Keystone Kops sidekicks, who did what they usually do: precisely nothing.
4)      A clutch of most unroyal looking Rajvanshi types, who had so little faith in their credibility  with the Almighty that they did not want to venture a direct approach. Instead, they were planning to endorse the prayers of Jalal's  enemies for his early demise.
The Shahenshah does a Lazarus: With such  a bunch of jokers plotting against him, and  the likes of Jodha Begum and Hamida Banu, both with hotlines to the Almighty, batting in the imperial team, no wonder the Shahenshah came around in a  dramatic fashion.
He opened his eyes feebly as soon as the Gwalior hakim trotted into his chamber, sniffed at the bowl of Jodha Begum' s lep (which had been preserved by Mahaam and Ruqaiya as future forensic  evidence against her) and declared that
a)      he knew of just one other person in the whole wide world who could have made this lifesaving lep because he had taught that person (he obviously did not believe in the guru-shishya, or  rather ustad-shagird pratha and thus had no other pupils to whom he might have passed on this unique expertise).
At this point, as the lady in question, with a perfect sense of timing,  swam into his view behind the gauze curtain,  he exclaimed gladly Begum Jodha! , and praised her in  fulsome terms  for having been a perfect shagird  and having  preserved the maan  of her ustad  by correctly remembering what he had taught her even after all these years.
Hakim Sahib obviously also had a secret memory enhancement dawa, as he could remember not only the name of his beauteous pupil, which was entirely understandable even at his venerable age, but also those of her portly Babasa, with no such inbuilt memory stimulator, and of Sujamal!
His ex-shagird blushed becomingly and, not yet having assimilated the adaab  of her sasural,  folded her hands in a pranam  to her former guru.
b)      that his attentions were in fact redundant, as the fever was only a symptom of the body healing under the influence of Begum Jodha's  lep,  and the Shahenshah would be as right as a trivet in no time.
At this point,  the Shahenshah, not to be outdone by his Jodha Begum in the matter of timing, opened his eyes, and  spotted her unerringly thru the gauze curtain. He then  feebly gestured, in excruciating slow mo,  towards something that only she could decipher as  a desire for water, thus demonstrating the new level of wordless understanding between them . The words, alas for poor Jalal, will soon follow, and in abundance, never fear!
To  revert, Jodha Begum, in her present capacity as Jalal's hakim in residence, promptly shot  this  down as forbidden at this point .She thus  delivered a neat,  metaphorical  black eye to the outraged Ruqaiya  who, when she  tried to contradict Jodha and put her in her place, was shushed by the Gwalior hakim, who backed his  shagird forthrightly.
The  shagird, her pallu demurely in place as soon as she had sighted her ex-ustad, then departed, fixing her new 24 carat plated halo, conferred on her jointly by the Hakim Sahib and Hamida Banu Begum, firmly in place around her pretty head.
She needed to change at last out of her  days old joda, which had seen so much of adventure : the kissa Mohan ka and its aftermath in rain and shine, its wearer being slapped and shoved to the ground by Ruqaiya Begum,  and then being seeped in the miasma of her  own helpless misery. All things considered, it had borne up amazingly well, but a fresh joda was clearly long overdue, if only to cheer up the viewers, who were by now feeling almost as bedraggled as the dress. 
Hare rang mein rangi:We next see Jodha Begum lighting lamps in front of her Kahna, who is now relaxed after an overdose of reproach a little earlier. This was  for, inter alia,  having  got his wires crossed,  and responded  to his mahaantam  bhakt's plea to  save the nirdosh praani from the prahaar of the heartless   Shahenshah (Jodha had temporarily  forgotten about having unearthed his dil just the day before) by kayoing her patidev  instead.
She is looking  gorgeous, having  changed into a  rich lehenga and an even  richer odhni in, ahem, ahem... green (the yellow stripes in the lehenga don't count). For those of you suffering from temporary  amnesia, I will offer a clue, and if that still does not work, I wash my hands of you! Hamein hara rang khas pasand hai. Use pehene rahiye.
Along comes her Ammijaan, with the gift of a copy of the Quran-e-pak, and is mesmerized by the grace with which her paragon of a bahu receives it and, what is more, prays in front of  it, hands raised in devotion as she was taught to do by, wonder of wonders, the Shahenshah himself. Hamida Banu is undoubtedly pinching herself real hard, and her face is a study  in delighted wonderment at this karishma  of the Divine.
She now voices  my own deeply held  belief that contrary  to her earlier assumption, it is now Jodha who is learning things from Jalal.
At this point, Motibai, who has suddenly reappeared after having been AWOL thru the worst crisis her mistress had ever faced, is ready with a  brand new soapbox. The last one was lost in the jungle, when a wickedly  teasing Jalal was circling Jodha; he stepped  on it by mistake, and then Mohan completed the demolition job.
Jodha promptly clambers on to it, and launches into one of her trademark pravachans.  This one is not about the Khwaja's holiness or the wanton wickedness of those hunting down nirdosh praanis akaaran (those were for Ajmer). It is a neat distillation of the sarva dharma samabhava of Sant Kabir and Surdas and Rahim (the later version, not this 4 year old).  
As the beautiful words roll off her tongue with practiced fluency, and she looks as lovely as a fervent angel, her Ammijaan looks, it at all that were possible, even more dazedly beatific  than before, while  Motibai is busy keeping her jaw from dropping in shock  and astonishment.
But there is more to come. Her bahu rounds off her peroration by describing, with succinct but profound and touching eloquence, the Meerbai-like epiphany that the Shahenshah had undergone at Ajmer. He had then displayed  a hitherto unimaginable roop   of his, she says, and most important of all, made  it evident, beyond any doubt,  that he DID have, what else, a dil. Naysayers, she warns, had better back off and vamoose. This is official and irrefutable.
So there we are, folks, dil mil gaya!! Hallelujah!!!
Dil ki kashmakash: It is then that the single most arresting shot sequence of the whole episode comes up. As Hamida Banu, who is over the moon with joy at this unexpected manna from Heaven, gushes that there would now be a new phase in Jalal's life because of Jodha, there is a very  curious, and revealing, progression of  expressions on Jodha's face,  especially in her mrignayan ( doe-like eyes).
First, they freeze over  in a kind of shock, for this is an interpretation she had not foreseen. She has been, ever since the terrors of the jungle,  so caught up in the shifting present and the frightening future that she has not thought  of anything beyond that. Or felt anything beyond that and, now, the tremendous relief that courses through her whole being.
Next, there is a filming over, as she withdraws, in an initial shying away, from the prospect her Ammijaan is confidently predicting. It is perhaps not  so much that she rejects it,  as that she is confused about   what she feels, and unsure about  how to react to it.
Finally, there is a mute longing as the beautiful eyes look, not at her ecstatic Ammjaan, but inwards, into the depths of what Jalal would have called her zehen. What is it that she sees that makes her eyes cloud over in doubt? Is it about what she feels now, of what she is afraid that he might not feel in return?  This is unknown territory, and she is afraid. Afraid of losing her footing and falling into she knows not what.
As I watched her, I was over the moon, for it did seem as if Kanha might have, for a change, have listened to me, and that at least one of my special wishes might, just might,  be coming true. I had written in my The turning of the tide post on Episode 79:
It would do her(Jodha)  a lot of good to fall helplessly in love, and have to try and win over the object of her affections. I hope this happens, in the sense that she discovers she is in love with Jalal  before he discovers that he is in love with her. It is not impossible, for he will, for quite a while,  interpret his soft corner for her as due to  the kinship of ek hi kashti mein sawaar hone ki. Let us see!
Let us see, indeed. For now, I can do no better than to borrow these lovely lines for our Jodha: 
Le jaayegi kahan ye raah, kahan wo manzilein apni
Anjaane, andekhe raaston se guzar rahi hai zindagi

Ye kashmakash ka silsila, ye ummeedon ke jalte diye
Andheron ko hata kar roshni ki de sehar ae zindagi

Jalal: At episode end, in the precap, he was back in form, as teasing and mischievous as ever, and that made my spirits rise even further.
As Moontide & Preeti have pointed out on my last thread, it is interesting that the first thing Jalal sees when he opens his eyes is the vision of Mohan charging down on him.  Not Jodha trying to keep him alive. This is clearly an attempt  to blank out her pravachans in the jungle. But she will be back, my poor Jalal, now, for the rest of your life,  and even beyond!  In fact, she  will become even more preachy, as you will now come under the category of 'reformed sinners' needing extra pravachans. You  had better take some preventive measures: borrow Kanha's now redundant earplugs, perhaps?
It is not that I have anything against the high romantic, it is just that I prefer Jane Austen to Mills & Boon. So, I  was greatly relieved by this indication in the precap that Jalal is not about to be transformed by his near death experience into a lovelorn Majnu, and will be back to his disputatious ways with his Begum Jodha as soon as he is rubaru with her (or as she would put it, sakshatkaar). Now that will be something to look forward to!!
Pot pourri: I would not say that the begums planning a mass suicide is depressing . It might not have the ceremonial splendor of the jauhar pratha among the Rajputs, but it is just as sensible. As women, would any of us choose  a life of slavery and degradation over an instant release from such a terrible prospect? This is not cowardice, for what you would be escaping serves no  purpose whatsoever for anyone except  your captor,  who gloats over your helpless misery. It is a commonsense choice.
That the majority of his begums opt for it is proof that they  are loyal to Jalal, the man, even if  many of them barely know him, and  not just to the Shahenshah. I wonder where the rats who were jumping ship went in the end. Probably sneaked back in and joined quietly in the namaz-e-shukrana.
Nor would I mock Ruqaiya for asserting her precedence even in death. She has seen her identity always in that framework, and it is to her credit that she has the pride of her position to buttress her unquestionable love for the Shahenshah, and  does not spare even a passing thought to some siyasati chaal that could help salvage something for her out of the wreckage of the Shahenshah's passing. Anyone aspiring to the throne of Agra would have been to glad to buttress his claim by marrying her, given that she is a paternal granddaughter of Babur-e-Azam, and of the pure nasl-e-Timuri.
So, folks, alvida   for now, as we await the updated Jodha's first meeting with her ek hi kashti ke humsafar. For a change, andaz bahut hi achche nazar aate hain.
Shyamala B.Cowsik

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 82 (and 81): Dil mil gaya!

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-10, 13:17

Enjoyed reading u Shyamala..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-10-10, 14:11

Thank you.ShyamalaMaria J wrote:Enjoyed reading u Shyamala..

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-10-10, 14:42

Abt ur pot pourri.. Isn't it cowardice to commit suicide??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-10-10, 14:43

I was waiting for your post Shyamalaji :) . Dil ki kashmakash was fantabulous !!! Thumbsup  I do think she will fall in love with him and will realise it before him but as usual not knowing his mind will have to continue with her so called grihna ROFL

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-10-10, 14:48

It is a question of alternatives. I do not know about you, but I would rather kill myself honourably than be degraded, raped and tortured for the indefinite future by brutal conquerors. Shyamala Maria J wrote:Abt ur pot pourri.. Isn't it cowardice to commit suicide??

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-10-10, 14:49

That will be very boring, Neha.Shyamala neha wrote:I was waiting for your post Shyamalaji :) . Dil ki kashmakash was fantabulous !!! Thumbsup  I do think she will fall in love with him and will realise it before him but as usual not knowing his mind will have to continue with her so called grihna ROFL

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sillymirchi on 2013-10-10, 14:52

lurvved reading u, Sasha  i jz dunt want Akdha 3 gt clozer nw iwanna see dat ruqs n dat Mam pln n sep Akdha,akdha shud miss ech oder:)

Sillymirchi
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-10-10, 14:52

Maria J wrote:Abt ur pot pourri.. Isn't it cowardice to commit suicide??
It wasn't cowardice for Rajputs at least!! They consider it as honour instead of being treated as a slave/concubine in their enemies haram/janankhana. Even there was a tradition called half jauhar in some Rajputs in Jaisalmer particularly, the men slit the throat of women before going to battlefield to save them from dishonour.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-10, 15:19

A fantastic review! I did love the satire :D honestly, it deserved to be satire'd - the drama, that is.
melodrama usually is.

I found two instances very funny - or maybe, make that three. And you've talked about them so i'll just, maybe, mention them.

1 - The soldiers of Adham Khan and Shareef-ud-din clash. Well, there you go, boys! This is exactly why neither of you is a vizier and will never get to be the King. Lack of communication in the higher orders leads to confusion in the lower orders. A simple rule of management states: Assumption = Ass + u + me.
In the end, you pay. You lose a game you might've won, just because you assume your soldiers would see the sense you both saw.
This kinda coup requires the skills Maaham has. But she had the sense to be quiet till Jalal had actually died.

2 - The timing!! As you pointed out - things were musically on cue, we might as well have been watching a symphony in motion!
Here Adham and Shareef join hands, Jodha begins to call on kanha.
Jodha sings and the soldiers clash.
The soldiers clash, and hakeem escapes to the palace.
The hakeem arrives at the palace and announces Jodha to be a shagird, and - Jodha floats in.
Hakeem announces Jalal would be fine soon - Lo! Jalal is fine soon! Almost in obedience to the elderly hakeem.

Clockwork that'd put a cuckoo to shame.

3 - Jodha! The moment the king opened his eyes, Jodha launched into her speech... I couldn't believe the nearly endless sea of words.

As I posted on my fb page - this woman caused, rather necessitated, the invention of duct tape!

~

About Jodha's expression when Hamida talks about the new phase in Jalal's life. Yes, she withdrew.

Her eyes had a small worry - that Hamida, according to Jodha, had probably misunderstood the recent event in Jalal's and Jodha's lives and was now dreaming of their togetherness.

Jodha worried that Jalal may not think likewise. And she worries that she may not be able to bring this wish of Ammi Jaan to fulfillment on her own. She probably even fears her disappointment.

[It is a really good shot by Paridhi - she spoke volumes in that short moment. She deserves a pat on her back.]

I cannot say whether Jodha at this point feels anything for Jalal or recognizes her feelings at all. It seems Jalal is more aware of his softened heart for Jodha.

Jodha speaks of the heart most of the time - but, she actually analyzes everything and thinks on it too much. She is limited by her viewpoints and ego so her inferences and methods are incorrect - but she actually over analyzes everything.

Jalal, on the other hand, seems to go by his instinct. He observes a lot and learns a lot. Most information is usually filed away in his head. It is only his comfort level that drives him to discuss everything with Ruqaiya but Jalal - the chap who says he has no heart - actually follows his heart.

~

As you say, let's see

~

Thank you so much for the write-up. Was waiting for it, and enjoyed it. Thumbsup

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-10, 16:03

Awesome post Shyamala .. so finally the elusive dill has been located ..hurray !!!:heart: bounce bounce cheers cheers :lol!: :lol!: 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-10, 19:15

Loved the satire Aunty and the scene u described for Jodha.....WOW!!!

@Shalini: awesome and succinct post, cracked on the duct tape line.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-10, 19:47

Awesome post ShyamalaJi Thumbsup 
Loved and enjoyed the satire.
My take of the epi yesterday :) 

"What goes around , comes around."...And that is when we learn what it feels like to walk in somebody else shoes.
Anytime Mughal Army used to approach a Rajput state, the women of royal household would start preparing for Jauhar  to save their honor. Today, unfortunately that calamity has befallen a Mughal Harem and the life after Emperor's death is unimaginable for them. They are preparing to take poison after their last meal. ( Found this strange  ) Ruqaiyya , of course lays the first claim to that too ! Its me, me ,me and more me. !! She , who cannot see past her own nose, claims to know Jalal well 
I feel pity for already, for the day she will go beyond ' I " , her entire foundation will rock.

Each betrayal begins with trust...
Jalal trusts one as a foster brother and the other as brother-in-law. Two men, who he would hope to be there for him during tough times but alas !

Vultures have started hovering...Adham and Sharifu have made their unholy pact. ( presumptuous much ?) Dilli mera, Agra tumhaara ...really ?! 
Not to mention some begum's who have decided to cut short their losses and leave with as much jewelry as they can...not for them the fate of poisoning. Wonder what action Jalal will take against them. Good riddance, I say !

I sent a collective dua too that Hakim Saheb reached the bedside in due time. As for HB taking Jodha to a safe place, all I can say is  kudos to Mallika-e-Azam for keeping it all together in trying times. Much has been said about HB...my two cents would be great admiration for this Queen Mother. Sort of cliched but still love HB.

Sarv gunn sampann Jodha...given a distinction grade from Hakim Saheb as the best pupil ever ! I guess she had to get Jalal to death doorstep to try her immaculate learning skills. 

But what ends well & so on......and the great Emperor finally opens his eyes  and even raises his hands...miracle of miracles , Jodha understanding what he wants & denies him yet again

Absolutely loved the gesture of HB giving Quran Sharif to Jodha and she revering it the right way. Though she cannot refrain from another bhaashan , which thankfully combined Gods had to suffer.

Precap : Over to you Shahenshah ! Don't disappoint 

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-10, 20:30

pollyanna wrote:Loved the satire Aunty and the scene u described for Jodha.....WOW!!!

@Shalini: awesome and succinct post, cracked on the duct tape line.
Thank you, buddy! Glad you enjoyed!:)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-10, 20:38

sonia1 wrote:Awesome post ShyamalaJi Thumbsup 

"What goes around , comes around."...And that is when we learn what it feels like to walk in somebody else shoes.
Anytime Mughal Army used to approach a Rajput state, the women of royal household would start preparing for Jauhar  to save their honor. Today, unfortunately that calamity has befallen a Mughal Harem and the life after Emperor's death is unimaginable for them. They are preparing to take poison after their last meal. ( Found this strange  ) Ruqaiyya , of course lays the first claim to that too ! Its me, me ,me and more me. !! She , who cannot see past her own nose, claims to know Jalal well 
I feel pity for already, for the day she will go beyond ' I " , her entire foundation will rock.

Jalal trusts one as a foster brother and the other as brother-in-law. Two men, who he would hope to be there for him during tough times but alas !

Vultures have started hovering...Adham and Sharifu have made their unholy pact. ( presumptuous much ?) Dilli mera, Agra tumhaara ...really ?! 
Not to mention some begum's who have decided to cut short their losses and leave with as much jewelry as they can...not for them the fate of poisoning. Wonder what action Jalal will take against them. Good riddance, I say !

I sent a collective dua too that Hakim Saheb reached the bedside in due time. As for HB taking Jodha to a safe place, all I can say is  kudos to Mallika-e-Azam for keeping it all together in trying times. Much has been said about HB...my two cents would be great admiration for this Queen Mother. Sort of cliched but still love HB.

Sarv gunn sampann Jodha...given a distinction grade from Hakim Saheb as the best pupil ever ! I guess she had to get Jalal to death doorstep to try her immaculate learning skills. 

But what ends well & so on......and the great Emperor finally opens his eyes  and even raises his hands...miracle of miracles , Jodha understanding what he wants & denies him yet again

Absolutely loved the gesture of HB giving Quran Sharif to Jodha and she revering it the right way. Though she cannot refrain from another bhaashan , which thankfully combined Gods had to suffer.

Wow....loved reading you Sonia bounce

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-10, 20:53

pollyanna wrote:

Wow....loved reading you Sonia bounce
Thank you:) 
With such fabulous writers around, these were mere musings.:)

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sashashyam on 2013-10-11, 01:22

Thank you for such a delightful and detailed response, Shalini, parts of which, like the duct tape crack, had me in stitches. But you underestimate apni Jodha, she will talk thru the duct tape!I wrote this one  as an antidote to  the sea of sweet molasses flooding the forum, and I am glad to find a kindred spirit who reacts to it all as I did.I have added a few italicised comments of my own to yours.Shyamala ShaliniRobinson wrote:A fantastic review! I did love the satire :D honestly, it deserved to be satire'd - the drama, that is.
melodrama usually is.

I found two instances very funny - or maybe, make that three. And you've talked about them so i'll just, maybe, mention them.

1 - The soldiers of Adham Khan and Shareef-ud-din clash. Well, there you go, boys! This is exactly why neither of you is a vizier and will never get to be the King. Lack of communication in the higher orders leads to confusion in the lower orders. A simple rule of management states: Assumption = Ass + u + me.
In the end, you pay. You lose a game you might've won, just because you assume your soldiers would see the sense you both saw.
This kinda coup requires the skills Maaham has. But she had the sense to be quiet till Jalal had actually died.Mahaam, I feel, is genuine in her panic and grief over Jalal. Not that she does not love him.It is just that she loves Adham more.

2 - The timing!! As you pointed out - things were musically on cue, we might as well have been watching a symphony in motion!
The hakeem arrives at the palace and announces Jodha to be a shagird, and - Jodha floats in.
Hakeem announces Jalal would be fine soon - Lo! Jalal is fine soon! Almost in obedience to the elderly hakeem.

3 - Jodha! The moment the king opened his eyes, Jodha launched into her speech... I couldn't believe the nearly endless sea of words.

As I posted on my fb page - this woman caused, rather necessitated, the invention of duct tape!

~

About Jodha's expression when Hamida talks about the new phase in Jalal's life. Yes, she withdrew.

Her eyes had a small worry - that Hamida, according to Jodha, had probably misunderstood the recent event in Jalal's and Jodha's lives and was now dreaming of their togetherness.

Jodha worried that Jalal may not think likewise. And she worries that she may not be able to bring this wish of Ammi Jaan to fulfillment on her own. She probably even fears her disappointment.

[It is a really good shot by Paridhi - she spoke volumes in that short moment. She deserves a pat on her back.]
I cannot say whether Jodha at this point feels anything for Jalal or recognizes her feelings at all. It seems Jalal is more aware of his softened heart for Jodha.

Jodha speaks of the heart most of the time - but, she actually analyzes everything and thinks on it too much. She is limited by her viewpoints and ego so her inferences and methods are incorrect - but she actually over analyzes everything.I agree with this in toto. As I have noted often in the past, she is a small town girl pitchforked into imperial Agra, and her outlook on life is that of  a frog in a well.

Jalal, on the other hand, seems to go by his instinct. He observes a lot and learns a lot. Most information is usually filed away in his head. It is only his comfort level that drives him to discuss everything with Ruqaiya but Jalal - the chap who says he has no heart - actually follows his heart.

~As you say, let's see

~

Thank you so much for the write-up. Was waiting for it, and enjoyed it. Thumbsup

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-11, 12:17

sashashyam wrote:
Thank you for such a delightful and detailed response, Shalini, parts of which, like the duct tape crack, had me in stitches. But you underestimate apni Jodha, she will talk thru the duct tape!I wrote this one as an antidote to the sea of sweet molasses flooding the forum, and I am glad to find a kindred spirit who reacts to it all as I did.I have added a few italicised comments of my own to yours.Shyamala ShaliniRobinson wrote:A fantastic review! I did love the satire :D honestly, it deserved to be satire'd - the drama, that is.
melodrama usually is.

This kinda coup requires the skills Maaham has. But she had the sense to be quiet till Jalal had actually died.Mahaam, I feel, is genuine in her panic and grief over Jalal. Not that she does not love him.It is just that she loves Adham more.

~

Jodha speaks of the heart most of the time - but, she actually analyzes everything and thinks on it too much. She is limited by her viewpoints and ego so her inferences and methods are incorrect - but she actually over analyzes everything.I agree with this in toto. As I have noted often in the past, she is a small town girl pitchforked into imperial Agra, and her outlook on life is that of  a frog in a well.

~As you say, let's see

~

Thank you, buddy!

Yeah i do agree that Maaham was in fact worried. Either because she has some form of love for Jalal ... or that she knows that Adham is not in the condition for ruling the sultanate. It is only Jalal who's been able to handle it. If at this point, when Jalal has more enemies than friends, he dies, then No Adham or anyone else might be able to stop the Sultanate from disintegrating into smaller parts. Smaller kingdoms would rebel and Adham lacks the skills for strategizing or management.

Losing Jalal at this point may not exactly be beneficial for Adham either.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-13, 00:55

OMG you are such an awesome writer my dear Sonia !! Where were you hiding all this time .... Please do share with us your views .. And would love to have a new post from you yaara .. This post deserves all the eyeballs ...

Party1 :D%%: Thumbsup 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-14, 04:00

--sumana13-- wrote:

OMG you are such an awesome writer my dear Sonia !! Where were you hiding all this time .... Please do share with us your views .. And would love to have a new post from you yaara .. This post deserves all the eyeballs ...

Party1 :D%%: Thumbsup 
OMG !! Thank you :)

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 06:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum