Latest topics

Shlok is our Christian Grey

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-10, 14:44

I don't understand the big hue and cry about Shlok cornering Ashtha and Astha biting him. Everyone seems to think that Shlok's behavior towards Astha is crossing the line of decency. Is it really so? People who are passionately in love behave in erratic ways, .usually behind closed doors. We're not privy to that. So it seems a little odd to us. But lovers ( although they are not aware of it yet) do sometimes get rough with one another. How many times did we see Arnav Singh Raizada corner khushi? He even threw her from the second floor. All Shlok did was lick his wound, literally Twisted Evil . c'mon there is a reason why 50 shades  of Gray is such a big hit. Cause women love to fantasize about men with rough exteria  Shlok might just be our mellow version of Christian Grey Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by lotusfan2013 on 2013-10-10, 15:07

I agree with you, Shlok is our Christian Grey. People need to stop over reacting and you are absolutely right in saying that Arnav used to be very rough with Khushi.

I think we need to give this soapie some time for the story line to develop and love can change anyone and hopefully Aastha will have a positive influence on all the Agnithoris and bring them all out their darkness

lotusfan2013
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-09-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-10, 15:13

its not the action itself so much as the execution, dialogues etc I have issues with.. as u said v accepted things from ASR so v r not averse to it..but if u r comparing ASR and Shlok, the major difference is the portrayal...ASRs characterisation was very well done.. people could identify with him, felt sorry for him, related to him...his struggles, his emotions his longing, his pain were depicted in a way which was good, made u emphatise with him, along with Khushi who did not come across as weak, immature, etc...whereas this is missing in the second one...so u r getting scenes where it comes across as a mess, no justification for characters, dialogues not matching actions etc and wen u r doing a show regardless wat may happen in a privacy of someone's house or bedroom, intentions, aim need to b clear...they do that and v may not forget wat v have seen previously but v could understand better...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-10, 16:00

Hi effin, welcome here... I wil say that the major difference betn grey n agniiotri is the scripting of char....christian is properly written,u wil get curious (not confused) even if the suspense element is expressed lil by lil...u wil sympathize wth hm since the moment he says 'Ana, i m not the right man for u' instead of kissing her when she was on the verge of losing herself to hm...didnt he had a troubled past?? He had, he was dominated at such a young age stil he luved to dominate 'non-virgin' willing women...he didnt force sth to ana,(neither directly nor by conspiracy) she got flamed automatically by hs charm with the desire to b physical with him...if he spanked her,then with agreed conditions... If we got confused with christian in any moment thats bec writer wanted us to b confused...ana-christain mutual attraction was stamped from the beginning...

Coming to agnihotri, he is not written properly...execution has problems...there is lack of expressions...lots of loopholes...there is more confusion thn curiosity wth each passing scene where we shud nt b confused...dialouges r nt in sync, sequences r hurried...slight exposure of past is not enuf to sympathize hm cuz of the golmol suspenses and acts...he holds no signs of concrete innocence so far...

Its not like ppl hv accepted ASR so shud they accept shlok neither it is ppl hv accepted ASR so against shlok...
As per me, ppl accepted gray ASR bec that was properly executed n v cn connect to that n r nt being able to accept shlok cuz he is nt executed properly,its difficult to connect to him bec of weak presentation...thats it

lastly, shlok is nowhere near to christian grey cuz there is nt absolute comparision basis, if m to say...i dnt thnk shlok is playing wth her body nor wants her to b his s*x toy, he is playing wth her emotions(only physical proximity cnt add on ; cvs gave imp to slap-sorry than molestation -rescue)...i hav problems there, how cn he ctrl her emotions given cvs r showing such weak plots to force them together... Soul is difficult thng to ctrl even grey cnt get ful ctrl of ana's soul despite ana loving hm wth her soul


A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by slmu on 2013-10-10, 18:13

Welcome to D, Elf.

Haven't read 50 Shades of Grey so won't comment on Christian.

But the fact is that Shlok is not a well etched out character. There is not enough foundation to the story lines. There is no logic to why he is behaving the way he is. We know nothing about why Aastha fell for him. It may be that him coming across as a bad guy has done it, but if so it needs at least some spelling out. 

And if we accept something in ASR, does it follow that we should accept it in Shlok too?

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-10, 18:20

Sorry I don't agree with you .... I didnt like the ASR character initially... I absolutely don't understand why the Ogre sized man has to terrorize a tiny gal like Astha to get her to confess..... The blood sucking scene was just.... Uuuggggghhhh. No ...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by slmu on 2013-10-10, 18:24

Sabi, I remember how much I hated ASR when he insisted on Khushi sleeping outside

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-10, 18:35

slmu wrote:Sabi, I remember how much I hated ASR when he insisted on Khushi sleeping outside
Me too.. .. But I agree with lotus fan... Need to give IPK 2 more time... Maybe it will gel better ( acting and storyline) and the direction will get better... I felt even ASR character wasn't solid till Teej... Sometimes rough, sometimes sweet but by Teej we knew what he was feeling... I think if we give this show a bit more time ... The characters might become more understandable and will get teh due sympathy.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by slmu on 2013-10-10, 18:38

Shesherkobita wrote:
slmu wrote:Sabi, I remember how much I hated ASR when he insisted on Khushi sleeping outside
Me too.. .. But I agree with lotus fan... Need to give IPK 2 more time... Maybe it will gel better ( acting and storyline) and the direction will get better... I felt even ASR character wasn't solid till Teej... Sometimes rough, sometimes sweet but by Teej we knew what he was feeling... I think if we give this show a bit more time ... The characters might become more understandable and will get teh due sympathy.
I hope so, it does have decent plot lines where the Agnihotri family is concerned. The romance is not working now, but if they concentrate on the story properly, it will

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 21953
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-11, 00:00

lotusfan2013 wrote:I agree with you, Shlok is our Christian Grey. People need to stop over reacting and you are absolutely right in saying that Arnav used to be very rough with Khushi.

I think we need to give this soapie some time for the story line to develop and love can change anyone and hopefully Aastha will have a positive influence on all the Agnithoris and bring them all out their darkness
Thank you buddy. Most serial heroes are rough. But somehow Shlok is considered extra rough when I believe many hot headed couple argue and fight like them behind closed doors. It's more realistic than we think. I am loving how their relationship is growing.

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-11, 00:08

sarra0 wrote:its not the action itself so much as the execution, dialogues etc I have issues with.. as u said v accepted things from ASR so v r not averse to it..but if u r comparing ASR and Shlok, the major difference is the portrayal...ASRs characterisation was very well done.. people could identify with him, felt sorry for him, related to him...his struggles, his emotions his longing, his pain were depicted in a way which was good, made u emphatise with him, along with Khushi who did not come across as weak, immature, etc...whereas this is missing in the second one...so u r getting scenes where it comes across as a mess, no justification for characters, dialogues not matching actions etc and wen u r doing a show regardless wat may happen in a privacy of someone's house or bedroom, intentions, aim need to b clear...they do that and v may not forget wat v have seen previously but v could understand better...
I see what you are trying to say. Maybe the makers wants us to be confused. It's not that confusing irrespective of what you are saying about poor execution and characterization. It's plain as daylight that Shlok wants to control her as she has a grip on his heart. He wants her even more because his mother dislikes her. It's a revenge on his mother for causing him to lose him fiance/girlfriend. But he is unknowingly becoming possessive as he is falling in love.  I like this show very much. It brings out the girl's emotions while falling in love better than they did with Khushi Kumari Gupta.

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-11, 00:13

slmu wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
slmu wrote:Sabi, I remember how much I hated ASR when he insisted on Khushi sleeping outside
Me too.. .. But I agree with lotus fan... Need to give IPK 2 more time... Maybe it will gel better ( acting and storyline) and the direction will get better... I felt even ASR character wasn't solid till Teej... Sometimes rough, sometimes sweet but by Teej we knew what he was feeling... I think if we give this show a bit more time ... The characters might become more understandable and will get teh due sympathy.
I hope so, it does have decent plot lines where the Agnihotri family is concerned. The romance is not working now, but if they concentrate on the story properly, it will
Dear silmu and Shesher, I think the romance is working fine. They look as confused as any couple when they first fall in love. Shlok looks darker than ASR but its only because they changed the character of ASR. I hope they keep Shlok dark as long as possible. Today he intentionally didnt rip her dress but someone will start a brouhaha about it somewhere that it's an assault.Rolling Eyes  finally I found the emoticon i needed.

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-11, 00:31

aasudi wrote:Hi effin, welcome here... I wil say that the major difference betn grey n agniiotri is the scripting of char....christian is properly written,u wil get curious (not confused) even if the suspense element is expressed lil by lil...u wil sympathize wth hm since the moment he says 'Ana, i m not the right man for u' instead of kissing her when she was on the verge of losing herself to hm...didnt he had a troubled past?? He had, he was dominated at such a young age stil he luved to dominate 'non-virgin' willing women...he didnt force sth to ana,(neither directly nor  by conspiracy) she got flamed automatically by hs charm with the desire to b physical with him...if he spanked her,then with agreed conditions... If we got confused with christian in any moment thats bec writer wanted us to b confused...ana-christain mutual attraction was stamped from the beginning...

Coming to agnihotri, he is not written properly...execution has problems...there is lack of expressions...lots of loopholes...there is more confusion thn curiosity wth each passing scene where we shud nt b confused...dialouges r nt in sync, sequences r hurried...slight exposure of past is not enuf to sympathize hm cuz of the golmol suspenses and acts...he holds no signs of concrete innocence so far...

Its not like ppl hv accepted ASR so shud they accept shlok neither it is ppl hv  accepted ASR so against shlok...
As per me, ppl accepted gray ASR bec that was properly executed n v cn connect to that n r nt being able to accept shlok cuz he is nt executed properly,its difficult to connect to him bec of weak presentation...thats it

lastly, shlok is nowhere near to christian grey cuz there is nt absolute comparision basis, if m to say...i dnt thnk shlok is playing wth her body nor wants her to b his s*x toy, he is playing wth her emotions(only physical proximity cnt add on ; cvs gave imp to slap-sorry than molestation -rescue)...i hav problems there, how cn he ctrl her emotions given cvs r showing such weak plots to force them together... Soul is difficult thng to ctrl even grey cnt get ful ctrl of ana's soul despite ana loving hm wth her soul

Thank you Asudi. Why do we have to sympathize with Shlok, ASR or Christian? He can be a hateful man who is falling in love. Why does he have to have a good side? 
I never thought Heathcliffe, W. Heights, had a good side, but we still read him. Anyways, I liked your points because atleast you have read the book. 
Assudi, it's problematic when we compare books to characters in serials. EL James took years to perfect the character she wanted. She researched on Childhood issues with psychologists etc and basically she rode on the tide of Twilight fever as 50 shades was originally a fan fiction of Twighlight series. 
Nice points on playing with emotions vs playing with body. I feel Ashtha has given him the permission to play with her emotions as she keeps coming back for more. She has the guts to take dirt from him and then she should. Shlok type of personality is not palatable for most but she knows how to tackle him. So I think it's all good. I wouldn't watch the show if Shlok turned goody two shoes overnight by fan pressure. Let the makers play out the character the way they want, for Christ's sake!!

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-11, 07:40

Effin elf wrote:
aasudi wrote:
Thank you Asudi. Why do we have to sympathize with Shlok, ASR or Christian? He can be a hateful man who is falling in love. Why does he have to have a good side? 
I never thought Heathcliffe, W. Heights, had a good side, but we still read him. Anyways, I liked your points because atleast you have read the book. 
Assudi, it's problematic when we compare books to characters in serials. EL James took years to perfect the character she wanted. She researched on Childhood issues with psychologists etc and basically she rode on the tide of Twilight fever as 50 shades was originally a fan fiction of Twighlight series. 
Nice points on playing with emotions vs playing with body. I feel Ashtha has given him the permission to play with her emotions as she keeps coming back for more. She has the guts to take dirt from him and then she should. Shlok type of personality is not palatable for most but she knows how to tackle him. So I think it's all good. I wouldn't watch the show if Shlok turned goody two shoes overnight by fan pressure. Let the makers play out the character the way they want, for Christ's sake!!
sry effin to disagree, but for me Hero(not lead) has to have a sign of innocence/Positivity matter of factly...i m nt sayin shlok wil not, i said shlok hd not so far evn if a slight glimpse of hurtful past hav been shown to us...i reserve to say shlok is nt emphatical at all since i dnt knw hs ful backdrop yet...but so far he is not...my major problems is execution n scriptin where v hv to b assured of assumptions(evn in said/shown thngs), i dnt hv prob wth shlok 1ly,thats for the whole concrete show... Ana steele was clear why she love(lust) christian grey since the begn...but was her love just limited to that pair of grey eyes(lust/baddie guy attraction)? No,she fell in love much later when grey did the thngs which he had not done with hs prev. 15 mates (i knw v cnt cmpare 50 shades wth 1 mnth old show, but i m examplifyin; i dint start the comparison either)...he slept wth her, taught her, embraced her,kissed her leisurely etc... N in ebp, v r shown aastha's already in lov n the turmoil is sth sort of the lov confession or lov itself wil harm her loved ones -she thnks shlok is not the right prsn to love not 'bec of hm' cuz she had hinted her empathy already wth slap-swati-sry; but 'given the circumstances they live in'...another thng shlok managed to puppet aastha in hs fake love cage but how can he did that easily is my problem dear...i accept the molestation sequence but the saree-mandir, slap-sry is sth i dnt accept for a gal to fal for hm disasterously n aastha gave imp to these than molestation rescue? N al ths shlok managed to ctrl her hrt(trap her) wth a file ful of details on aastha??seriously? Wth creating those weak situations?? R emotions that loose n if he has trapped aastha like u say 4 revenge then y he hmself is insecure wen she turns face frm hm n runs away as if hs plan had failed a bit?? Wen he has planned al ths journey of aastha's luv so hw cn he act angry of her outbrust, he must already knw k chidiya is in pinjhada, no?Isnt it the execution problem? no sync of dialouges, hurried sequences,leaving thngs untold/unshown... For me,yes it is... its nt only shlok , aastha's char also is weakly written...i dnt thnk the journey of KKG to lov was weak neither her journey frm love to tolerance...
i hvnt known ur examples so i cnt say either i wud cal em a hero or not...for me there's a difference betn hero n lead...dark stories(redeemable) portray the heros where FL hits the positive spot of hero wth her love and then he comes out of the dark shell (my understanding of lovestories of that sort) ...v r told shlok is hero-cum-villian...i dnt hv prob. Wth ths, i like villianotic shlok but the execution is wierd, thats it...dnt tel me aastha's luv wil turn - to + to define that,he hmslf needs a empathy to fal 4 her luv,tolerance n purity...we need to sympathize/empathize at a point or the other to understand the shades in a dark char... I dnt thnk dark chars r baddies and shud b that...their starkness always hav a backdrop, a sensational backup...the way of thinkin as a derivative of the backdrop implies the darkness...sry to say but i dnt have read/watched dark heros who cnt b empathized at all...
I agree wth u v cnt compare EL James writing wth ebp writing but dnt giv the research n experience basis,if its inspired 4m fanfic of twilight saga,then let it b cuz wat James wanted to say she said it exact...u portray what u hv defined as ur level, its simple...50 shades n ebp hv 1ly similarity i.e. Dark/rich ML n poor/pure FL...
I also agree novel n shows r diffn but shows r expressions that portrays writing n that expression shud more or less hit the bull's eyes is my point...
If v say Shlok has puppeted aastha,tht itself implies she hadnt permitted hm to play emotions or body...contradiction it is...ana knew who is grey clear so c took d dirt

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-11, 10:34

Effin elf wrote:
aasudi wrote:
lastly, shlok is nowhere near to christian grey cuz there is nt absolute comparision basis, if m to say...i dnt thnk shlok is playing wth her body nor wants her to b his s*x toy, he is playing wth her emotions(only physical proximity cnt add on ; cvs gave imp to slap-sorry than molestation -rescue)...i hav problems there, how cn he ctrl her emotions given cvs r showing such weak plots to force them together... Soul is difficult thng to ctrl even grey cnt get ful ctrl of ana's soul despite ana loving hm wth her soul

Thank you Asudi. Why do we have to sympathize with Shlok, ASR or Christian? He can be a hateful man who is falling in love. Why does he have to have a good side? 
I never thought Heathcliffe, W. Heights, had a good side, but we still read him. Anyways, I liked your points because atleast you have read the book. 
Assudi, it's problematic when we compare books to characters in serials. EL James took years to perfect the character she wanted. She researched on Childhood issues with psychologists etc and basically she rode on the tide of Twilight fever as 50 shades was originally a fan fiction of Twighlight series. 
Nice points on playing with emotions vs playing with body. I feel Ashtha has given him the permission to play with her emotions as she keeps coming back for more. She has the guts to take dirt from him and then she should. Shlok type of personality is not palatable for most but she knows how to tackle him. So I think it's all good. I wouldn't watch the show if Shlok turned goody two shoes overnight by fan pressure. Let the makers play out the character the way they want, for Christ's sake!!
sry again,effin...i cnt reply properly since the text size didnt fitted(thru cell)...i had to write again to cmplete, plz bear wth me :-)... u said 'he can b hateful man falling in love' i say obviously he can, i also knw some irredeemable dark chars but i wont term them heros neither shlok is irredeemable...howevr, i dnt agree shlok is falling in love now, neither he had never fell in love b4...so there r complications...3 yrs back 4m today,he was in love(he believed it to b love)...he was ditched by 2 imp women in hs life,hs hate somehow justifies but to those women nt to whole woman kind,he was 21 by then,he must b knowin why he loved swati n why she left hm (MU) so does the generalisation of i hate women suit in that basis?? V shud wait til whole past is revealed, for better analysis cuz it can b he has faced more tragedy in a vulnerable age n there can b much more to the hate women issue...i agree to that,but a question raises again in my mind 'why did he lovd swati back then?' ..is it he deleted the hate-line for swati alone n she also added on hate at last?? I m ready to wait for that backdrop but story so far is nt making sense,it cnt b denied...in case of sympathy, i sympathized wth ASR, grey so did i understood they hav a clean heart(due to which v see transformation frm physical attraction to emotional attachment properly), their mind is driven psychologically to arrogance,ruthlessness cuz of the tragedy they lived in their childhood/immaturity... and their attitude towards living shaped up on that basis as they grew up...their soft side marked them heros...i hope to find that in shlok b4 its late,b4 it looks forced(as many othr thngs in the show) thats it...or it cn b shown hs clean hrt was polluted,wil b clean again 1ce hs base of darkness itself comes infront as fake, but then too his hate must hv been affected by her tears since those were for 'her family' n he hmself luvs his father n worships hm as god...so, i conclude shlok is nt falling in love(non lusty)...he is using hmself to use her,hurt her... its good if he falls for her after redemption cuz for nw he is nt capable of loving not after ignoring her tears wth hs revenge plan ,those tears that cn mirror hs own if he was in situation to heart breaking hs father(family)...thats where my complain lies-makers r confused themselves

I m nt a fan demanding redemption or a goody shlok right now, i hv problems wth makers' chars development,n expressing them...i cnt b sure of a show wth unnecessary confusions...one moment aastha's so sure of luv n a resulting-hurt another moment she is confused...they lack execution,wil say nth times...nothngs making sense if u dint put in an assumption n prediction based ur past encounters of dark chars...its not for If,then, else-ing n v have to do that...contradictions r acceptable but they shud b situational...
I m confused where i shudnt b cuz i am viewer nt aastha...

I hope they have a sensitive back up story but wth already these much of looseholes i dnt thnk redemption resolution makes sense anyway...lets hope for good in future, cuz he has to redeem anyhow...he is going to b goody and v r getting hpy ending, that implies love winning no? ..for me,there r othr ways too for showing love wins..Nic talkin to u effin, nic ventin myself, ;-)

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Edgar Suit on 2013-10-11, 19:21

Thank you so much Aasudi. I see what you are saying.
I guess I m used to lapses in character development in Hindi serials. I am enjoying this show with all it's flaws. Sorry running in and out, running errands but I appreciate all your answers. 
I really want them to continue him in dark light , there is something about falling in love with a flawed man like Shlok despite of Ashtha's belief and upbringing. ASR was not dark enough for me. I love this warped, messed up character of Shlok.

Edgar Suit
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-10-01
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-10-11, 20:34

Effin elf wrote:Thank you so much Aasudi. I see what you are saying.
I guess I m used to lapses in character development in Hindi serials. I am enjoying this show with all it's flaws. Sorry running in and out, running errands but I appreciate all your answers. 
I really want them to continue him in dark light , there is something about falling in love with a flawed man like Shlok despite of Ashtha's belief and upbringing. ASR was not dark enough for me. I love this warped, messed up character of Shlok.
u r welcome effin anytime...u hav ur choice n i hav mine, its simple...for me,its hard for another arnav to b born in ITV that soon(he was very well scoped n executed char,bar the exceptions hurled in by ofscreen obstacles) neither do i believe there cant b... Shlok has to go a very tough way to reach asr even if he is synopsized as starker i find him weak(sry if it hurt u)...however,i alws say asr/ipk was not made in a day so that implies to shlok/ebp too...it wil take time...its not as beautiful n alluring as 1 month old ipk but it can improve in coming days...wish it wil...jus the makers need to understand what to show rather than dramatizing jus for trps...i cnt find it intense love hate tale wth such weak n too much forced plots....i criticize ebp a lot but i never do bash it...

Thanks effin, keep enjoying the show...tkcr

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 2716
Join date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-13, 14:06

Effin elf wrote:
sarra0 wrote:its not the action itself so much as the execution, dialogues etc I have issues with.. as u said v accepted things from ASR so v r not averse to it..but if u r comparing ASR and Shlok, the major difference is the portrayal...ASRs characterisation was very well done.. people could identify with him, felt sorry for him, related to him...his struggles, his emotions his longing, his pain were depicted in a way which was good, made u emphatise with him, along with Khushi who did not come across as weak, immature, etc...whereas this is missing in the second one...so u r getting scenes where it comes across as a mess, no justification for characters, dialogues not matching actions etc and wen u r doing a show regardless wat may happen in a privacy of someone's house or bedroom, intentions, aim need to b clear...they do that and v may not forget wat v have seen previously but v could understand better...
I see what you are trying to say. Maybe the makers wants us to be confused. It's not that confusing irrespective of what you are saying about poor execution and characterization. It's plain as daylight that Shlok wants to control her as she has a grip on his heart. He wants her even more because his mother dislikes her. It's a revenge on his mother for causing him to lose him fiance/girlfriend. But he is unknowingly becoming possessive as he is falling in love.  I like this show very much. It brings out the girl's emotions while falling in love better than they did with Khushi Kumari Gupta.
Sorry didn't get a chance to reply before now....i don't agree that shlok wants to control because she has a grip on his heart.. .that certainly hasn't come through to me by action or direction...i agree that there is some possessiveness that's there, there r also feelings starting...but this plan was started at a time when he wanted to teach her a lesson...break her...the fact that as he is interacting with her he is starting to get caught up in her still isn't the overriding emotion from him...

i again don't think they have bought out the girls emotions well... with IPK1 Khushi's initial attraction to ASR was bought out really well....the thinking it was him everywhere...the dhak dhak and acidity.... her dream..the confusion as to wat it meant, it was good to watch...agree that wen it came to turning it into love and showin a deeper emotion wen she was falling and in love was not well done at all...by that point it was like Khushi was not even a character worth concentrating on.... However I don't think they have done a good job here either... she was rescued by shlok from being assaulted and she softened to him...said a few nice words and was determined to think him... she however gets slapped by him and she is seeing stars, dreaming of him, dressing up for him...where is the sense... on top of it for me she fell in love instantly, where r they showin her emotions, she isn't fighting her feelings, she isn't unsure she is just trying to hide the fact she loves him from him because he should say it first...it feels like a first crush not a love story...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 11312
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Shlok is our Christian Grey

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:55


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum