Latest topics

ILKDM 29: Shifting Winds

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM 29: Shifting Winds

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 14:15

A circling hawk, A scheming Jackal,  an impatient Snake and a immobile Croc , Amidst this blooms the flower of Love !!!  This is not Jataka tales but  if the episodes of Jodha Akbar, blame goes to the director and not at my juvenile imagination.

A recuperating emperor rejuvenates the kingdom like no other , A kingdom that was tensed up and seemed headed for disintegration , trouble , strife  applied its emergency break in time .. The  hyenas who had slowly begun to come out the shadows on hearing the news of Jalal's mortal injury, slunk back into shadows, waiting patiently for another opportunity.

It has always been my contention that Ruqaiyya has affection for her childhood mate but is deeply in love with the power that Jalal's position brings , This facet was brought forward when she lost her child, her mourning, her keen sense of loss was not at losing baby  but was at having to lose the  position of Mariam-Uz-zamani which was in her sights , even the suicide bid was used to establish her superiority over the other Begums. That there was no necessity for her to commit suicide  was not taken into consideration , Her keen sense of authority impelled her to establish her supremacy which she did .. Next comes the laughable assumption that it was her prayers that got the King on his feet .. Maham Anga is quick to probe and off she flies off the starting point, she wishes to know for whom did Ruqaiyya pray , unsurprisingly realizes that Ruqaiyya  ran true to form and prayed for King's well being  than for her husband's well-being , contrast this with Jodha who would rather pray for a Son, A brother and a Human !  Kingship will come and go, A victory, a defeat will and can change the status of  being titled one or a untitled one  , Kingship can  be lost but it also can be regained  but what if a husband is lost, can he be brought back ? It is this truth that the power drunk mind of Ruqaiyya is unable to grasp. Ruqaiyya can be and will be his chief consort , the one who will go on public processions but in the privacy Jalal will seek out Jodha, his companion in sickness and health, in good and bad times, He will share himself with Jodha , and just an official position with Ruqaiyya , Ruqaiyya will always be alone , always with the fear of loosing her hold over the King , The poor girl has not yet realized that she never did have hold over him !!

I liked the placement of character's here, Ruqaiyya and Maham together on one side , Jodha and  Hameeda on the other side . On one side are the members who have no real claim on Jalal for they are bound by the  position/title to him ..One by virtue of marriage/MEK and another  by being a Vazir and a Nanny .Both are treated with due respect, but Jalal does not hesitate to put them in their place when necessary..On the other side are two other noble woman, woman with real strength , He might appear to treat them with disdain but if even a slightest smote of dust were to hurt them, he reacts automatically and rushes towards their protection ..They are bound to him by the claims of heart !While jalal rules over Ruqaiyya and Maham, Jodha and Hameeda  rule over Jalal.

Should one laugh or pity the plight of Maham Anga , the self confessed Argos with 4 eyes instead of one, Like a true predator, she has sensed the shifting winds , She has comprehended the changes in Jalal  owes its inception to Jodha, She fears Jodha for she knows and understands the workings of heart.Maham Understands while Mind can be controlled, a heart knows no boundaries, no limits and is untamed and remains untamed , esp when a bound , lifeless heart jerks awake , the power unleashed would be too strong to be controlled by Mind.Maham Anga is a woman who realizes the futility of trying to stop the  stirring winds which will soon whip up into a tornado, wrecking and changing the geography  of the land.Here is a woman who is so intent on  watching the unfolding the scenes happening in the palace that she fails to discover the broth that is cooking in her own backyard.So Snug and confident is she on her own progeny's stupidity that she fails to realize that her stupid son  has a unruly hunger for Power and is  plotting to achieve it by Hook or crook.

If winds are  changing and the course of Jalal Jodha relationship are shifting its frequency, then the shifting winds also brought  together  two known detractors of  Jalal, both blind in their desire to posses the crown of Agra. Both united to achieve the crown and  yet failed spectacularly due to their combined foolishness ... But there is a marked difference between the two.. while Sharifuddin is a cowardly Jackal,  who would rather wait for an opportune moment to strike , who does not have the nerve to attack directly the other is a hyper and hissing cobra ..eager to sinks his fangs into the emperor's neck and remove him from the scene forever .. His wine addled  brain  fails to  foresee the fall out of his action and in the upcoming days, I do bet that Adham Khan will be exposed and face the remorseless justice machinery while Sharifuddin remains secure in the shadow biding his time.

Shifting winds in Jodha land too.. Not only does she  expresses her regret at her foolish actions , she also turns it into a heroic tale putting the Jallad into Hero's mould ! A compassionate girl who would give in to Rahim's entreaty's now remains quietly firm and states that the fruits are meant for the KING and ONLY King shall have it !!

One would say the past  few days has been a learning curve for Jodha ..It would amount to certain amount of surprise too considering the fact that it ought to be Jodha who would be teaching  Jalal..But the point was, Was Jodha ready for that?? She has kindness, a keen sense of justice, intellect but did she have the requisite qualities of a teacher..Was not she herself a practitioner of prejudice, color blindness, a presupposition  to prejudging without enough evidence or witness .. How could she be the light when her fires did not warm or shed light but instead gave out smoke which stung the eyes and heart. The flaws in her had to be removed, Jodha had to become Jodha Begum and that process began with the journey  to Ajmer Sharief, Her unshakable  belief that Jalal had no heart nor respect for others went for a toss, She saw a brave man putting his own life at risk  to save her, The woman who pushed him to his death. Jodha saw a husband who did  not allow the esteem of his wife to decrease nor  the worth of the kingdom lowered when he handed over his turban .She had a glimpse into WHO Jalal is than who Jalal was SUPPOSED to be , Understanding has begun to worm its way , Just as she understood his need  by just observing his lifted hand, she will understand his actions too with a word exchanged , She will understand his feelings too without  a glance exchanged ..That will be the day she will turn his teacher ..

But what has she to teach, Does not the King know love, He does , does not the King know compassion, He does, Does not the King know  trust, He does .. what then  has Jodha got to teach ??  IMO All of these, Yes, Jalal has all the finer qualities in him but he most often applies them wrongly, his temper gets the better of him, his trust clouds his mind impairing his judgement, His compassion goes for a toss when judging ,Jalal must learn to control his rampat emotions, learn to shift rice from chaff , temper mercy with justice  and above all , learn humanity !!

Trivia's ;

Loved Rahim when he goes  'shahenshah ki fatey hui'...for some inexplicable reason, it brought up the image of a King with a torn 'Phata' Pyjama ..

The interaction  or the stand off between Jodha and Ruqaiyya , from a broken down woman, Jodha was back to the self assured, confident , proud queen .

The innocent and gullible Javeda who  wonders aloud at the different names assigned to her by he  philandering husband ..

Jalal  accepting the gift of apple  even after knowing that it was from Jodha's Kitchen

The frustration of Maham, Just when she thinks Jodha is put out to pasture  , Jodha comes back even stronger.

Are the Mughal ppl Sevvaiyyan Addicts ?? Javeda makes it 24*7 , Ruqaiyya serves the same to Jalal ??

The changed Body language of Maham , when Raja Bharmal comes visiting .. while earlier , she was all arrogance, leaving no opportunity to put down  Raja Bharmal, now her demeanor  is guarded, watchful.. Ashwini is superb !!

Last edited by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 18:21; edited 1 time in total

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM 29: Shifting Winds

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-11, 14:43

Awesome post Sathu ....once again :) :) 

First and foremost, Ashwini looked damn beautiful yesterday, her eyes and the make-up added to the charm of her simple white attire, yeah I do notice women -folk Rolling Eyes 

Loved how u explained the placement of chars, yesterday it was all about putting forth the stark difference between Jodha and Ruks.

The Mughal dynasty really got a superb vazir in form of MA, all her thoughts were so clinical. chaar aankhon waali vazir :P 

@Jalal , I agree with u , he has to learn a lot but i guess....its better if we start the learning process from Jodha. Let Jalal have a constant fight with his own head and heart for some more time, his male ego not getting satiated soon by a begum's rejection and ghrina rants while his heart constantly getting to see a new Jodha and feel like cuddling up to her.

Wonderful explanation about Jodha, u weave magic with words :) 

That would a good watch.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-11, 15:19

Super Post Satya. Finally caught up with all the episodes bounce  
Lovely transition in the episodes. Got to give it to the CVs, one hero and they have managed to make a few heroines around him,all different shades. 

Ruqaiyaa begam is a puzzle for me. 
Her thoughts when she ran to a wounded Jalal was all about their childhood, then she says that she is prayed for the king..Rolling Eyes . May be she is trying to hold on to the image of having a dimag and not dil. I am not quite sure . 

As always it was pleasure reading you.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 15:36

pollyanna wrote:Awesome post Sathu ....once again :) :) 

First and foremost, Ashwini looked damn beautiful yesterday, her eyes and the make-up added to the charm of her simple white attire, yeah I do notice women -folk Rolling Eyes 

Loved how u explained the placement of chars, yesterday it was all about putting forth the stark difference between Jodha and Ruks.

The Mughal dynasty really got a superb vazir in form of MA, all her thoughts were so clinical. chaar aankhon waali vazir :P 

@Jalal , I agree with u , he has to learn a lot but i guess....its better if we start the learning process from Jodha. Let Jalal have a constant fight with his own head and heart for some more time, his male ego not getting satiated soon by a begum's rejection and ghrina rants while his heart constantly getting to see a new Jodha and feel like cuddling up to her.

Wonderful explanation about Jodha, u weave magic with words :) 

That would a good watch.
Thank You, pallo (there we both done our duty to good manners ) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :P :P

Yes, The bronzer was reduced and she was softened a bit .. To my infatuated eye, She always looks very beautiful  *starry  eyed*

Agreed ,  Pallo..it was trying to draw a picture of the two Begums ..  Eventhough  Ruqs is by the King, it is the fruits sent by  Jodha that Jalal accepts and eats ! A relationship that  does not need  physical proximity to be close.

Yes, Jodha has to learn, she must become the well cut , polished stone , the crown jewel of Mughal who will be the light leading  Jalal through the mazes ..

Not just Jalal, even the head strong Jodha must and should have a tough time to accept her feelings..both fighting against their growing closeness but unwilling and unable to stop the growing feelings will be  a treat

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-11, 15:36

Ggn_girl wrote:Super Post Satya. Finally caught up with all the episodes bounce  
Lovely transition in the episodes. Got to give it to the CVs, one hero and they have managed to make a few heroines around him,all different shades. 

Her thoughts when she ran to a wounded Jalal was all about their childhood, then she says that she is prayed for the king..Rolling Eyes . May be she is trying to hold on to the image of having a dimag and not dil. I am not quite sure . 

Hi Vandana, superb Siggy Thumbsup 

Rukkku is srsly a complexed character....everything between black n white.

I guess since she has been with Jalal from childhood days, all she knows/wants about him and with him is the partner who will be present in all her games and with whom she will play a one-upmanship game. Eventually he became her husband but the game never changed.....its all about ruling his mind. their friendship never blossomed into love or need for each other as the two people coming together in a marriage in a real sense. For both Ruks-Jalal, it was just a natural progression and a nikaah stamp given to their togetherness.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 15:47

Thank you, Vandhu !! :).. This week was a potpourii  but gave  good glimpses of everybody .

Reminds one of Kannan in vrindavanam !! :P :P :P

I think Ruqaiyya never grew up from The playmate stage , The stage has changed , the  circumstance has changed  , their style  of playing has been improved upon but to her Jalal still remains her bully boy, the one who must  bow to her wishes , who must be ruled over .

Jalal is Ruqaiyya's santa Claus, one who gives whatever she wants and she would be loath to be rid of  Santa and just as Kids like to show off their prized possession esp if her friends circle do not have  it, she flaunts her position and her proximity to the other begums .

This  I feel is a simplification of Ruqaiyya cuz  she also is intelligent , just  but   when it is a matter of jalal and laying claim, she turns a possessive 9 year old ..Jalal is her best friend and she will not allow anyone to snatch her bestie away

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-11, 15:56

Thumbsup  Nice one! Loved it.

"While jalal rules over Ruqaiyya and Maham, Jodha and Hameeda  rule over Jalal." - well put!  :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 16:00

ShaliniRobinson wrote:Thumbsup  Nice one! Loved it.

"While jalal rules over Ruqaiyya and Maham, Jodha and Hameeda  rule over Jalal." - well put!  :)
Thanks, Shals  :)

One line main over kardiya...Yeh dil maange more Shalism !!!  *thumps on the table*

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-11, 16:01

Hi Tanths I am here party4

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 16:03

....Poojie.... wrote:Hi Tanths I am here party4
Pooojieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Starry Love

long hug..My lil girl has come !!!!!!!  Muhwazzz, Hun

make yourself at home, sweetie !!   and  consider this as ur playground..U are free to  do whatever you want  !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-11, 16:07

Tanthya wrote:

make yourself at home, sweetie !!   and  consider this as ur playground..U are free to  do whatever you want  !!
Thanks Tanths!! .. cheers .. Have to say .. you have done a great job opening up this forum and all.. Great work Thumbsup

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 16:14

....Poojie.... wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thanks Tanths!! .. cheers .. Have to say .. you have done a great job opening up this forum and all.. Great work Thumbsup
My Pleasure ! Poojie .. Awww..it is a group initiative , hun  n I am happu that you are here ...With you  joining hands..I am sure we will go stronger..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-11, 16:41

Tanthya wrote:

One line main over kardiya...Yeh dil maange more Shalism !!!  *thumps on the table*
Haan.. and wo ek line bhi aapka hi chepa tha Evil or Very Mad bad shal, bad shal!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-11, 16:46

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Haan.. and wo ek line bhi aapka hi chepa tha Evil or Very Mad bad shal, bad shal!
Tants Plays the  Silent Hoshiyar  and waits to see which way wind blows !! :clown:

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-11, 16:47

Hi Poojie, Welcome to Dhwani and JA forum :) 

Look forward to meeting up and exchanging notes on JA Wink :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-11, 18:09

Simply Superb Sathya Thumbsup 
I am in awe of your writing.

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-11, 21:14

pollyanna wrote:

Hi Vandana, superb Siggy Thumbsup 

Rukkku is srsly a complexed character....everything between black n white.

I guess since she has been with Jalal from childhood days, all she knows/wants about him and with him is the partner who will be present in all her games and with whom she will play a one-upmanship game. Eventually he became her husband but the game never changed.....its all about ruling his mind. their friendship never blossomed into love or need for each other as the two people coming together in a marriage in a real sense. For both Ruks-Jalal, it was just a natural progression and a nikaah stamp given to their togetherness.
Thank you. My Tata Sky box is the only thing that helps me keep my sanity.Helps me fast forward anything i don't want to watch. Twisted Evil 

Lovely observation on Ruks-jalal relationship. i agree. 
I am looking forward to the Amer track, which after today's epi should be spicy:)

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-11, 21:18

Tanthya wrote:

Thank you, Vandhu !! :).. This week was a potpourii  but gave  good glimpses of everybody .

Reminds one of Kannan in vrindavanam !! :P :P :P

I think Ruqaiyya never grew up from The playmate stage , The stage has changed , the  circumstance has changed  , their style  of playing has been improved upon but to her Jalal still remains her bully boy, the one who must  bow to her wishes , who must be ruled over .

Jalal is Ruqaiyya's santa Claus, one who gives whatever she wants and she would be loath to be rid of  Santa and just as Kids like to show off their prized possession esp if her friends circle do not have  it, she flaunts her position and her proximity to the other begums .

This  I feel is a simplification of Ruqaiyya cuz  she also is intelligent , just  but   when it is a matter of jalal and laying claim, she turns a possessive 9 year old ..Jalal is her best friend and she will not allow anyone to snatch her bestie away
Super thoughts on Ruks-jalal relationship. I am wondering about her loyalty to Jalal though. That probably will be the difference between Jodha and Ruks. While Ruks will opt for what will benefit her (example is the Moti bai and Adaham khan issue) , Jodha will be loyal to Jalal unconditionally (after she falls in love that is)

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-12, 11:11

Havent watched the last two episodes, Nice thoughts on Ruqs, MA and HB and Jodha.

I was glad that how the two treat eachother hasn't changed yet, I was worried when I read Thursday's precap had him confess his love.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by smitha.raj.125 on 2013-10-12, 19:59

loved it sathu. I miss your daily dose

smitha.raj.125
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-14, 11:50