Latest topics

Begum First Aid on Nauka Vihaar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Begum First Aid on Nauka Vihaar

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-14, 23:07

Begum First-Aid

I sort of agree with Jalal. Jodha ought to carry her lep ka dibba everywhere.
You never know when it might come handy.

I can't imagine why... poor Jalal always suffers the moment she appears in the vicinity. A wound here, a cut there, shikar Baaghs turn shikaari and random tribals shoot arrows.

Now one knows that man suffers with a wife --- but this man does so quite literally. The claw marks on his face are barely lighter when someone thinks - 'oh, he's healing up. Time for another one!'

Out of nowhere, Jalal has a bleeding cut on his palm that he wasn't even aware of, apparently, till Jodha pointed out. She cleansed the cut with lake water - trust me! When she lowered her hand to the side of the boat, I actually wondered - 'Yahan kaun sa lep milega!'

But she uses water. A Lake's water. Stagnant water. Filthy, muddy, germ-infested water. Next thing we know, the cut has gone septic, and Jodha is blamed for the 'saazish' and 'ghustaakhi'. Of course, then Jodha remembers that an old scientist told her once upon a time about penicillin, and she administers an injection. Lo and Behold! Problem solved and Jodha gains more favor.

Sheesh.... but my dreams were shattered by some wayward tribals, who thought it was a good night to go hunting kings and queens boating in the lake.

I have to hand it to them. The first guy they shoot is the driver, so that the boat cannot do much apart from flip-flop from all those mini-somersaults. Again - I am awed by the mastery of the shooters. They hit the boat and the water everywhere, except the shikaar. On second thoughts, they're probably sadists. They want the shikaar to die of a heart-attack from fear of getting perforated.

It gives Jalal plenty of time to tell Jodha - 'Don't worry, Begum. I am with you.'

I have to say -- Jalal is brave! He's just realized - after enduring months of petty, stinging taunts - that it is not advisable to argue with Jodha. Yet, he continues to give her more and more leeway. Jalal, when you know the woman strikes back with a whip, my boy, why don't you just shut up! This is one woman who deserves the Silent Treatment.

Honestly, whenever someone speaks to Jodha, my insides shrink back from the coming onslaught of the mighty Bhaashan.

The moment Jalal assured her that he was with her - I was SO sure that Jodha was gonna stand up and go –
'I'd rather wish you were not. At least, these poor, innocent people would not be indulging in sneaky warfare. After all, everyone in the world, except you, is sweet, innocent and just charming - even if they want to kill me, I'm sure they have a valid reason. You, on the other hand, would have an ulterior motive in trying to save me. And... by the way, I don't need you. I can swim back to the shore myself. In our Amer, I used to do 20 laps, mind you!!'

At this point, I'd love for Jalal to show her the water and go - 'Be my guest, lady - if that shuts you up, by all means!'

---

Oh well... another opportunity for Jodha to nurse back Jalal from... erm... another few cuts.

Must Jalal keep suffering wounds so that Jodha can be closer?

---

They've definitely come far...

By the way -- I was going thru some past reviews that I'd written for JA.. and found some interesting tidbits.

# Jalal promised Jodha that she'd have all the honor and splendor of a mughal queen in public, but she'd have no one to save her from him in private.

And now, I have a whole army to protect me from the Baagh, but who would save me from the Baaghin? I am always in danger from you.
He goes on to explain the danger from her anger, her words and her eyes.

# From the intention of hurting her to death in private, Jalal now tells the snake who dared to crawl on Jodha's bed - that if the snake bites one would die in a go, but it wouldn't know the torture of dying every time Jodha bites back with her taunts.

# He had promised her his hatred and that she'd have no peace, and now he is intent on making peace with her. So much so that he bows out of every argument with a curt remark instead of making her pay for her brash behavior and stinging criticism.
He is asking forgiveness in public and in private, he is enjoying her anger now.

# He had her cook for him, and then burned in more than just anger when the food came in extra hot.

Now --- Jalal has gotten himself used to 'Mirchi'. He quite looks forward to having her cook for him every day.

# Remember.... Nafrat ke zakhm pe, Mohabbat ka malham?
Now, he has another and yet another experience of the same. Each time he gets hurt, there's Jodha with the malham - in some form or another.
He seems to look forward to getting 'lep-ed' by his angry Begum.

# Once, she was a trophy; his victory for the insult he'd borne at her hands.
Now, he feels a kinship with her. He identifies with her pain and loneliness. He understands her need for her family.
The man is now taking her with him on shikaars and nauka-vihaars.

Jalal has come a long way.

Quite interestingly and mysteriously, Jodha hasn't made much progress. She seems rather slow on the uptake. She is still wearing the same shades with which she married him.

Despite all the changes in Jalal's behavior, Jodha still sniffs around for ulterior motive and hidden agendas.

She's seen first hand:

- Jalal went out of his way to help Moti Bai. And it wasn't so much the promise than the personal urge from Jodha that turned away Jalal's sentence.
- Jalal put up a show of happy matrimony for Jodha's Vaaldain when they visited, and despite the food fiasco, he didn't vent his anger in public.
- He really appreciated her gift to his unborn child and considered it the best gift that came in for the child.
- He publicly apologized to her after the miscarriage. He took her concern over Maaham Anga's involvement seriously, and didn't consider it her revenge.
- He sought to make peace with her, on his initiative.
- He understood her desire for divorce. He related to her pain and loneliness. He didn't argue when her mother refused to take Jodha back - and took his wife back. Even at that point, he understood the trauma she went through.
- Jalal saved her from drowning. He saved her from the tiger. He ignored her goof-up with the gun, and didn't even mention it to her after the incident.
- He went out of his way to seek alliance for her sister's marriage and agreed to go to Amer to participate in all rituals.

In addition to all this, she has realized that Jalal does have a heart.
Yet, what has been the impact of this realization? More or less... hardly any. The only ever realization that he was her husband had come the night her forehead was smeared with his blood.  Yet, even when he fought for his life, Jodha was praying for ‘a son, a brother, and a human’.

If Jalal has matured in his view of Jodha, she has seen and remained mostly unmoved.

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-14, 23:46; edited 1 time in total

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Begum First Aid on Nauka Vihaar

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-14, 23:15

What a delightful read Shalini :)  Loved the humour and the best was how u have pointed out how far has Jalal come in this relationship and Jodha has remain stagnant. 

@Jodha: I dont want to even start......she is a gone case for me at least till now.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-14, 23:27

Lovely  read Shalini :)

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-10-15, 00:10

loved it Shalini ..

the other day when he said hume muhabbat ho gaya hai ..I think  he meant it and was not joking ..he indeed in love with Jo begum ..He is enjoying every single moment of their closeness...

I agree ,Jo seems reluctant  not ready to take this relationship ahead ....

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-15, 08:37

pollyanna wrote:What a delightful read Shalini :)  Loved the humour and the best was how u have pointed out how far has Jalal come in this relationship and Jodha has remain stagnant. 

@Jodha: I dont want to even start......she is a gone case for me at least till now.....
Thank you, Buddy!

I know.. Jodha... she is being very stubborn and unrelenting. I hope she doesn't cause more trouble than already is on the boat. This is one trouble in which she and Jalal are together, and Jodha didn't cause it ROFL. I hope she maintains the momentum.. tho considering it's Jodha, it's hopeless.
It more likely that sooner or later, she'll come up with an idea that she thinks is great and put it into action without consideration, and we'll go - 'yeah so what's new! it is Jodha after all.'

:P

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-15, 08:39

cheena007 wrote:loved it Shalini ..

the other day when he said hume muhabbat ho gaya hai ..I think  he meant it and was not joking ..he indeed in love with Jo begum ..He is enjoying every single moment of their closeness...

I agree ,Jo seems reluctant  not ready to take this relationship ahead ....
Yup, I think so too. He wasn't kidding, and he did mean it. Even if he covered it up before Ruqaiya later.

He is looking forward to being with Jodha in Amer - quite unlike Jodha madam. She isn't giving the littlest thought about why suddenly this man is taking her around with him.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-15, 08:53

Loved your writeup... Humorous and thoughtful!

Yeah, looks like Jo hasnt even budged an inch.. Hay wait, Atleast now she isnt talking about wanting his head and is acting like his personal doc... that, I call, is a big change. bounce 

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-15, 15:50

Lovely mix of humor and thoughts !!

Jalal has changed  a lot  while the changes in Jodha is marginal.. A woman who  had blanket hatred and wished him bad during battle  now prays for his well being,  earlier she used to take a step back or remove herself from  physical touching , Now she holds his hand as if it is her right ( and it is) without fear, whats more, she even shuts him up in wifely way and not antagonistic way..

Loving the tadkas, u are bringing, Shals !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum