Latest topics

ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-17, 15:46

We come back to the roots , the place where  it all begun , The birth place of hatred, Hatred which  goaded their actions, made them duel one another physically and emotionally.. They were the Janus , inseparable but not together. Both Jalal and Jodha resigned to live their life alone, isolated until  today . Both are brought to the same space, to begin their journey anew not by erasing the bitter past but by healing the untended wounds, recognizing the love that lies buried within those coils of hatred and nourishing it.


Chance ! A chance was and is being given to two giants from History, to make or break  Hindustan , Two visionaries who can take the Bharatvarsh to its pinnacle  are at cross roads, wary, alert and cautious , enmity lords over them, Will they trump the enmity , unite together and pave the way for golden era ..As history tells us, Alas !! That does not happen..Amer  that tiny speck  of a kingdom plays host to two explosive dynamites, either one exploding will lead to a carnage ..It says much for the Sagacity of King Bharmal that he manages to  avert any disaster from happening.


The meeting of two powerful men of that era was handled beautifully  as was the  innate difference between them which was brought out beautifully. Jalal  who believes in establishing a emotional connect which will give a psychological edge and  unswerving loyalty continues his strategy by remembering the  first moments his eyes fell on  Jodha and his escapade from Amer , His stress is on the  emotional aspect  while Pratap is intent on the warfare, has eyes for the number of soldiers and their arsenal . Jalal employs softness of speech, mild demeanor , a pleasing approach whereas Pratap is a straight shooter, his words erupting like bullets laced in arsenic, hurting you, maiming you and  killing your ego , Perhaps this essential difference played a large part on how their paths turned out later in life .. Most significant and poignant scene, Two towering personalities , meet in the middle of the road , Both Jalal and Pratap do not yield a mm but whence Jalal says, get off my way  politely, after a token posturing , Pratap steps away from the chosen path..  Minor  triumph but a big psychological ascendancy for Jalal .. Jalal  can be trifled with , He is destined to conquer and none shall stand in his path... Any obstruction will be removed with a smile and a lift of a eyebrow.

The relationship status  of Jodha Jalal  could drive a meteorologist nuts with its kabhi cold, kabhi hot updates .. If one wanted to bang one's head at Jodha's pig headedness, One also was moved to admire her honesty . Here is a wife who overhears her parents  worried and anxious  about any untoward incidents happening in the marriage pandal .. What does she do ? She flounces straight into her husband's room and puts forth her pleas which is acceded to by Jalal but only after he extracts some return gifts  in lieu of massage and sleeping together. On a superficial level, Jodha's  utter lack of concern for the well being of her husband may seem callow but looking from her point of view..Her husband has not come unharmed, he has come with his own entourage, a battalion of fiercest warriors to guard him, her own brothers are there to protect Jalal and Jalal  himself is no plucked chicken, he is equal to 10 warriors and can take on his enemies in combat , From her Vantage point, Jalal is as safe as a baby in the womb of its mother.

Second,  I appreciated honesty of Jodha.. If she was the clever , manipulative  girl, She would have told what jalal wanted to hear from her  that SHE cares for him but her inborn honesty precludes any such deception, Any need for duplicity nor of hiding the truth..Their relationship when it takes off will be one of mutual trust, acceptance and transparency !!

There is a feeling that Jodha has remained stuck where she was in the beginning, still mulishly holding on to her Grihn , which gains currency with her subsequent  I am angry cuz I cannot behead you as promised ..  If  seen from a certain angle , it does seem as if Jodha has not moved from her obstinate stance or her blind hate of Jalal  but if seen from another ..Does the intense flame of hatred burn bright in the hearts of Jodha or  has it begin to dull and flicker?? If Hate was the ruling passion, why the concern  for the wound on his back and her trying to applying medicine  to heal them , Jalal did not remark on that nor did he command her to apply the unguents ..why volunteer unbidden ??

If Hate was paramount, Why speak about her resolution to decapitate him and anger directed at herself but not at him ..would not a venomous soul nurture the hate, keep t hidden , hiding it from all.. for the more you hide, more the hate grows but once you spill it out, the poison obviously weakens. Jodha thinks that she hates Jalal , can only have grihn for him but with out her awareness, there has been a softening of her brittle heart, a growing realization that Jalal is not what she painted him to be, he is not the ogre that she imagined . The first stone at this picture was thrown in Ajmer Sharief, a holy place when Jodha realized for the first time that Jalal who prided on his heartlessness had  a heart..Her second realization will happen in another holy place when she realizes that Jalal is not the mercenary who plundered and raped the lands of Rajvanshi's .. what better place for this realization to dawn than the place  where it all Began .. The temple of Kali !!  The journey commences , once again under the aegis of Kali ma .. leading to the bonding of Jalal and Jodha , leading to the birth of Akbar, leading to the emergence of a strong India..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-17, 16:07

Ahhh loved reading you and the different angle which one can look at Jodha ....wonderful!!!!

As you said, Jodha's ghrin loop will finally get its closure today, Jalal has already accepted her as ek hi kashti mein sawaar , now its Jodha's turn to realise that its Jalal who will fight the maujo and get her to the kinara....

BTW...did u notice Jalal yday...kaise fataak se apne kapde utarne ke liye tayyar ho gaya...ungli diya nahi ki haath pakadne ko tayyar rehta hai yeh Jalal Wink 


Superb lines:--
"They were the Janus , inseparable but not together.
Any obstruction will be removed with a smile and a lift of a eyebrow" cheers 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-17, 16:23

pollyanna wrote:Ahhh loved reading you and the different angle which one can look at Jodha ....wonderful!!!!

As you said, Jodha's ghrin loop will finally get its closure today, Jalal has already accepted her as ek hi kashti mein sawaar , now its Jodha's turn to realise that its Jalal who will fight the maujo and get her to the kinara....

BTW...did u notice Jalal yday...kaise fataak se apne kapde utarne ke liye tayyar ho gaya...ungli diya nahi ki haath pakadne ko tayyar rehta hai yeh Jalal Wink 


Superb lines:--
"They were the Janus , inseparable but not together.
Any obstruction will be removed with a smile and a lift of a eyebrow" cheers 
Utarne ke urgency chod, banda shamelessly stood in FRONT of her, giving her the frontal view while removing the clothes and the relish with which he says,,I  YAM READY !!!!!:P :P :P :P ..One just has to wonder kya karega jab SR ka mauka aayega ...


Yes, there is a to and fro'ing of learning now while one is evolving, the evolved one is shedding the prejudice and relearning .. Loved the expression on Paridhi's face when Jalal goes and bows before the statue..

and the bedroom scene !! Wallah !!! Rajat was too good with his gestures , loved the way he swirled the glass while chatting with Jodha..


But I have a cribbing point though...WHERE was my Shaguni Bai...I missed the ' Ho creem, reem, breem' Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-17, 16:34

What an wonderful analysis. Tanthya, as usual. Loved the talk between 2 heroes in Indian history... How they stood behind opposition lines and yet had similar valor. 

have to admit jodha is very frank and transparent. She is neither terrified of Jalal nor has any high expectation... That's why she is so at ease with him. She shouted Ghrin from rooftop ( literally) and now has to keep up with the declaration :P even though she has started caring for her frenemy more  than she wanted. Her repentance after the gunpowder fiasco (which could've ended Jalal's life) has made her more protective towards him. She wants Jalal and pratap to avoid a fight not just cause she loves babusa but also because she cares for Jalal's safety. She isn't ready to admit that yet maybe because she is still in fog of "how and why should I care about the Man I'm supposed to hate" ... Have seen it so many times in real life when girls declare someone unworthy and then have to swallow their pride and accept them while others rib them. Loved the scene when Mynamati and MIL had that all knowing ribbing smile when jodha was trying to explain why she overslept. A very satisfying episode. Thumbsup

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-17, 16:38

Ehhh...SATISFYING Rolling Eyes  Sabi..care to explainiya....what gave u satisfaction the MOST :P Wink :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2013-02-02
Location : Bangalore,India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-17, 16:44

Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-17, 16:49

Tanthya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Ahhh loved reading you and the different angle which one can look at Jodha ....wonderful!!!!

As you said, Jodha's ghrin loop will finally get its closure today, Jalal has already accepted her as ek hi kashti mein sawaar , now its Jodha's turn to realise that its Jalal who will fight the maujo and get her to the kinara....

BTW...did u notice Jalal yday...kaise fataak se apne kapde utarne ke liye tayyar ho gaya...ungli diya nahi ki haath pakadne ko tayyar rehta hai yeh Jalal Wink 


Superb lines:--
"They were the Janus , inseparable but not together.
Any obstruction will be removed with a smile and a lift of a eyebrow" cheers 
Utarne ke urgency chod, banda shamelessly stood in FRONT of her, giving her the frontal view while removing the clothes and the relish with which he says,,I  YAM READY !!!!!:P :P :P :P ..One just has to wonder kya karega jab SR ka mauka aayega ...


Yes, there is a to and fro'ing of learning now while one is evolving, the evolved one is shedding the prejudice and relearning .. Loved the expression on Paridhi's face when Jalal goes and bows before the statue..

and the bedroom scene !! Wallah !!! Rajat was too good with his gestures , loved the way he swirled the glass while chatting with Jodha..


But I have a cribbing point though...WHERE was my Shaguni Bai...I missed the ' Ho creem, reem, breem' Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wallah! Jalal was in form yesterday, bechari Jodha was left speechless literally.

Jodha Begum, share my room with me.
Jodha Begum, give me a head massage.
Jodha Begum, you wanna toy with my izzat? I am all yours then! Come to me!

And the best of the lot "Khuda ka shukr hai aap kisi se toh mohabbat karrti hai, koi toh apse mehfooz hai" and "Pehle saap, phir bagh, aur aab baghin"

ROFL

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-17, 16:50

pollyanna wrote:Ehhh...SATISFYING Rolling Eyes  Sabi..care to explainiya....what gave u satisfaction the MOST :P Wink :P
You want me elaborate on very fit mr. Tokas' Tokas ? Hum Sanskari slu* hoon... Can't elaborate much more than that. Twisted Evil

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-17, 16:52

Thanks for the write-up! Thumbsup 

Actually - Jodha has all valid reasons for her hatred towards Jalal. None of the reasons for which she painted the 'ogre' image of Jalal is exaggerated. Love and Hate are some of the strongest emotions and it is not without a solid base that these are established anywhere.

The reasons for which Jodha hates Jalal are nothing trivial. They are bound to her life as she knew it before Jalal came into her life. It is usually very hard to deflect oneself from feelings rooted so deep and so strong. Therefore, it is not a huge surprise that Jodha has not been able to move on much.
She is governed by her emotions, not by mind.

What she is missing is -- that she'd painted the image when she'd not seen or known Jalal as a person. Now, she has known him for quite some time. Hasn't she found him even a little different than how she thought he was?

She'd had one rare revelation - Jalal does have a heart.

As of now, she doesn't see that his heart has melted in her favor. Each time she asks Jalal for something or Jalal does something for her, she goes and tells him that she's sure he won't do anything for her unless he got something back from her - so she asks him to state what he wants.

Now -- Jalal takes up these offers as chances. Yet, Jodha doesn't see what he uses the chances for. He is using them to stay near Jodha. In return for doing something for her, he is merely asking that she be around him - when he could ask for a lot more, if his only aim was to irk her.

Because she thinks she knows Jalal too well, she assumes a lot and gets into a lot more trouble than she would, if she just was quiet and observant of the enemy who is now her husband.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 599
Join date : 2013-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-17, 16:52

laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Size doesn't matter Ladoo.... It's all in the amygdala....

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-17, 16:55

laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Rabba vey!! ROFL ROFL ROFL 

I knowwwww!!! :*lol*:

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 599
Join date : 2013-03-05

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by amimus on 2013-10-17, 17:09

Two strong individuals of that era face to face. There should have been explosions but loved the constrain by Jalal.

Jodha has come a full circle , this is the place where her Grihna started and this will be the place where love will start. What a beautiful way to show it.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Posts : 4032
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-17, 17:14

Shesherkobita wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Size doesn't matter Ladoo.... It's all in the amygdala....
But research says it does, especially the width. I have no idea if we are on the same page anymore.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-10-17, 17:15

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Rabba vey!! ROFL ROFL ROFL 

I knowwwww!!! :*lol*:
There is so much heat between them you know. Nazron se ghayal karr rahe the ek dusre ko. If only they hadn't been enemies since birth. ROFL

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 370
Join date : 2013-02-04
Location : LaLa Land

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-17, 17:26

laddoo598 wrote:
ShaliniRobinson wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Rabba vey!! ROFL ROFL ROFL 

I knowwwww!!! :*lol*:
There is so much heat between them you know. Nazron se ghayal karr rahe the ek dusre ko. If only they hadn't been enemies since birth. ROFL
YOU Mosshtt certainly don't want THAT sort of relationship , Do you??affraid

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-17, 17:50

Shesherkobita wrote:What an wonderful analysis. Tanthya, as usual. Loved the talk between 2 heroes in Indian history... How they stood behind opposition lines and yet had similar valor. 

have to admit jodha is very frank and transparent. She is neither terrified of Jalal nor has any high expectation... That's why she is so at ease with him. She shouted Ghrin from rooftop ( literally) and now has to keep up with the declaration :P even though she has started caring for her frenemy more  than she wanted. Her repentance after the gunpowder fiasco (which could've ended Jalal's life) has made her more protective towards him. She wants Jalal and pratap to avoid a fight not just cause she loves babusa but also because she cares for Jalal's safety. She isn't ready to admit that yet maybe because she is still in fog of "how and why should I care about the Man I'm supposed to hate" ... Have seen it so many times in real life when girls declare someone unworthy and then have to swallow their pride and accept them while others rib them. Loved the scene when Mynamati and MIL had that all knowing ribbing smile when jodha was trying to explain why she overslept. A very satisfying episode. Thumbsup
Thank You, Sabi !!

Agree to that, Jodha is far more 'involved' than she actually  knows ..Would she require a wake up call or will it be like a gentle morning melody, slowly opening her eyes to the  changed lub-dub of her heart.. we got to see

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-17, 17:52

Beautiful post  Sathya Thumbsup

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-02-23
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-17, 17:59

sonia1 wrote:Beautiful post  Sathya Thumbsup
Thank You, Sonia Jaan :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-17, 18:04

laddoo598 wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:Bunderphool take Tanths. Loved the rabba vey between Pratap and Jalal, they couldn't take their eyes of each other! :P 
On to more interesting topics, Jalal jee is buffed bey, he makes up for the lack in height with the impressive width. (I realized how dirty this sentence sounds after typing it down).
Size doesn't matter Ladoo.... It's all in the amygdala....
But research says it does, especially the width. I have no idea if we are on the same page anymore.
Ladoo ...we are ALWAYS on the same page .... Page 3 that is .... Embarassed

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 6421
Join date : 2013-02-13
Location : Pennsylvania, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-17, 18:23

Loved your view point on jodha's stance... I that she was a confused soul, she cares for him like she would care for anyone else, every time she tries to understand him, his good will the image of him being he reason for the loot of kalimaa's temple taunts her, along with the memories of her swearing in front of the goddess to bring his head to the feet of the goddess. Her inability has always been pricking her... now that kalimaa has taken the effort to clear it off, she can start looking at her pati without the jaundiced sheath

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 4023
Join date : 2013-02-06
Location : India

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 30 - The road less travelled !!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:15


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum