Latest topics

A brief shining moment, and then that mouth!...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A brief shining moment, and then that mouth!...

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-23, 23:57

.... Or so would Victor Melling (from Miss Congeniality) say of Begum Jodha of Agra ... er... make that Amer, if he was party to her talk with the Shah-en-Shah of Agra, her husband.

~

For all the lack of dignity, lack of understanding, frog-in-the-well attitude ... and all the other lacks and attitudes - which could by now fill volumes - the one thing that sets Jodha apart from other women in the Amer and Agra households, is her sense of personal identity.

This is an excellent quality in any one, but only when it comes tempered with maturity, humility, and recognition of others; else it reveals itself as pride, ego, and a brilliant, but unfortunately closed mind.

With that premise set, let's begin.

Unlike other women who see themselves in the light of their men - be it their fathers or husbands - Jodha sees herself as an individual and demands to be identified as one. It is perhaps one of the qualities of Jodha that attracts Jalal as much as it frustrates him - because while she acknowledges her identity, she refuses to identify his.

Jodha had two very unique moments tonight - one, which is a chance that has been given her again and again; another, which was a once-in-a-lifetime possibility.

One.
Once again, Jalal's life was at stake. Once again, he was saved by a hair's breadth. Once again, Jodha looked worried. And yet again, she proved that her worry was not for Jalal - in the least.

I don't think I'm going to even bother about mentioning her lack of dignity, poise, bla-bla-bla. Those words mean nothing when it comes to Jodha.

When Jodha came to Jalal with her request, let's be frank - if Jalal wasn't the king, the request was more of a 'Get out of here! You're messing my party!' retort.

Jalal was so sure that the request for him to leave Amer was not based on her worry for him. Her first reason to request his departure is because 'his life is in danger' - which prompts his question. His question to her was not 'to her'; it was 'for her'.

To put it in common language, Jalal was telling her to come clean - 'Don't give me 'your-life-is-in-danger' reason. It's not like you care. The real reason is that you don't want the wedding messed up.'

Her response could've been a simple request, seeing that his life was in danger. But when has she learnt to rein her mouth. She goes on to explain that if anything happens to Jalal it would disrupt the wedding, cause shame for Amer, and cause trouble for Amer. It’s almost as though she says that it is not ok for Jalal to be harmed in Amer – anywhere else would be just fine.

To put it in common language, Jodha's response was - 'Yes, you got it right. It'll be good riddance. Just in case you die, all the more hassles for us. If you wanna die, do it outside Amer.'

There is not a single statement of concern for his life, not a single line of gratitude for his safety. Yes, Jodha is perfect in her hatred.

Jalal knows that Jodha hates him. And his belief in her hatred is so strong that he does not even expect anymore that she'd ever care for him, it seems. The hurt that he usually hides in his smiles and flirty jibes was clearly evident in his voice, his words and his eyes.

He has never been so upfront in his reaction to her continuous hatred as when he thanked her for being so direct in announcing to his face that she hated him and couldn’t care less.

While Jalal (and Hamida), on one hand chooses to remain silent on the matter of the of the attack, because it is Sukanya's wedding; Jodha, on the other hand, chooses to berate Jalal because the attack happened in Amer and that may bring shame and trouble to her family and people.

Jodha - unfortunately - has seeing eyes that do not see; a brilliant mind that does not perceive; and a caring heart that beats for Amer, but not Jalal.

Two.
Jalal does not think Jodha would understand. Yet, he gives her a chance. The Emperor made her the Emperor and gave her to option to decide what he should do.
As expected, Jodha does not answer. And I have a feeling that the answer didn’t come not because Jodha couldn’t decide – but because she didn’t want to. True to her reputation, she does not answer because she does not want to see the matter from any other viewpoint than her own - a viewpoint which sees only Amer and nothing else.

She had a small window to see things as Jalal saw - and she wasted it.

The most unfortunate part of the whole incident was that Jodha didn't waste the chance by not seeing what Jalal trying to have her see. No. Jodha actually saw a lot more than Jalal intended her to see. She shone with a definite brilliance when she saw what Jalal might feel day in and day out being in the position that he was.
The regret lies in the response she makes to what she saw - and a greater regret because she chooses to speak what she saw and speak what she feels about it.

A lessor man might have crumbled under the pressure of yet another show of pure hatred, carelessness and insensitivity - which touched a new low tonight. Pity.

However, pity is not what Jodha feels for Jalal. Pity entails sympathizing with someone's misfortune. Jodha is merely using a fancy word to cover up her real feelings, which her face and words show anyway. Or perhaps, she is merely justifying herself to herself as usual - showing herself above him.

What she feels for him is contempt. Jodha has none of that pity or sympathy for Jalal that she talks about. What she has for him is derision. She ridicules his position as a king where the power he wields actually limits him. She ridicules his loneliness. She pokes fun at his life where he isn't able to fully trust anyone and finds himself alone.
And the worst part - she refuses to be a sharer with him.

This is the part that solidly distinguishes Jalal and Jodha.

When Jalal identified with Jodha's position and her loneliness, he felt related to her. His thoughts ran along the line - 'We're in the same boat.' He expresses a yearning for a partner who would see this about him and walk with him, and hopes Jodha might.

When Jodha sees his position and his loneliness, she derides him. She mocks his position. She ridicules his loneliness -- and she refuses to walk with him. In fact, she walks away feeling elated at his helplessness.

Once again, Jodha completely missed seeing the pain on his face and even in his words. Or perhaps, she sees it and ignores it because she doesn't think Jalal capable of feeling anything, and then chooses not to see it.

Yes, Jalal did a lot to hurt her. She and her people suffered a lot by the hands of his army. But, Jodha has paid back wherever she could.
Yet, Jalal has made a definite effort to move on from there. Jodha -- she is still where she was the night she accepted the proposal to marry Jalal. For her, it is all about Amer.
While Jalal chooses to show that all is well between him and Jodha; Jodha is now getting irritated at continuous mention of Jeeja sa by her family.
While one salutes her patriotism - one cannot but think that if she is uncaring about the people who've taken her as their own, and loved and cared for her, is her feeling of patriotism simply an ego issue?!

~

I actually felt that after today's display of extreme insensitivity and hatred from Jodha, Jalal might give up on her, or at least lose the hope of ever gaining her approval.

But no! He is just as stubborn as his ... wife - well, if he says so!

It does show Jalal to be a man of immense power - not of his forces or his position or his riches - but of himself, as a man. The man is able to absorb tremendous amounts of hurt, pain, loneliness, and rejection at the hands of those he loves. The man is able to keep it all within and be a child with children when they run to him to show their henna'd hands. The man is able to re-focus himself on his goals and his love despite whatever goes on around him. Jalal is Shah-en-Shah - because the man just does not know to give up!
~

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 12:52; edited 1 time in total

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: A brief shining moment, and then that mouth!...

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-10-24, 00:27

Jodha gets it from Mom !! Mom was worried that Jalal's anger might wreck her daughter's wedding not even pausing for a second to wonder about  Jalal..

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-24, 00:28

Tinkerbell wrote:Jodha gets it from Mom !! Mom was worried that Jalal's anger might wreck her daughter's wedding not even pausing for a second to wonder about  Jalal..
:*lol*:

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-10-24, 02:49

Well written Shalini :) 
Enjoyed that explosive exchange between them.

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-24, 03:41

nice post shalini...she doesn't want to c... she doesn't want to understand...she doesn't want to admit... if she is fighting and internal battle then they need to show that..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-10-24, 09:27

I think shes fighting more with her own instincts than Jalal...she doesn't want to feel anything for him...but unknowingly she has started to feel the compassion for him...and she knows if he gets a slightest of hint then he won't stop himself from expressing his feelings which she cant refuse and ignore...so simply shes trying to make him stay away from her as she knows its irresistible for him to do...And how perfect is Jalal even when in love Heart .He has no hard feelings for her despite she humiliated him...He just doesn't give up whether in battle or love Dance

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-10-24, 09:39

Love the man. A 16th century emperor putting up with the nonsense. Cant imagine someone in today's world habdling it better. Love is blind..and deaf and dumb too.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-10-24, 11:15

Loved your post Shalini. I feel Jodha's continuous alaap of Amer as more of her ego then patriotism.
She has been whole heartedly accepted in Agra by her MIL as well as Jalal has accepted her as his wife. It is her who is not ready to move on , she has as his family is all happy.

And yes her attitude of Amer comes from her mother who is just worried about Sukanya's wedding and not about her son in law who has just brushed past death .

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 11:32

Thank you, buddies.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 11:47

sarra0 wrote:nice post shalini...she doesn't want to c... she doesn't want to understand...she doesn't want to admit... if she is fighting and internal battle then they need to show that..
Thank you!
i do agree with you! If there was any internal battle ongoing in Jodha - apart from the one she keeps harping about .. her ghrina for Jalal and love for Amer - this would be evident - as it is evident for Jalal. If not in convo with anyone, at least in her own thoughts and mannerisms. But.... Jodha is yet to display any such emotion.

So.. i wonder if there is anything for admitting as of now. Jodha is pretty outspoken. She isnt like Jalal who who hides his feelings and speaks only what is needed.
She is yet to feel anything for him - except her much proclaimed ghrina.
In fact, Jalal is more perceptive than Jodha. He might've noticed it. Or one hopes so!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 11:59

neha wrote:I think shes fighting more with her own instincts than Jalal...she doesn't want to feel anything for him...but unknowingly she has started to feel the compassion for him...and she knows if he gets a slightest of hint then he won't stop himself from expressing his feelings which she cant refuse and ignore...so simply shes trying to make him stay away from her as she knows its irresistible for him to do...And how perfect is Jalal even when in love Heart .He has no hard feelings for her despite she humiliated him...He just doesn't give up whether in battle or love Dance
I really wonder.... has Jodha any feelings for him apart from ghrina. She never loses a chance to show that she hates him, and she's never shown the slightest bit of care that came from affection. Any care that she showed him was because he was a 'ghayal' and it was her duty to attend to 'ghayals', or because she was the cause of his life hanging by a string, --- more or less she was just indulging in what she thinks is shisht vyahvaar.

She does it and states why she does it, and makes it amply clear that she is not doing it because it is for Jalal - she'd do it for anyone in his situation.

Frankly I may have missed it coz I'm not really a romantically-inclined person -- but where have we seen Jodha having doubts or an inner battle with instincts or struggling to contain her feelings for Jalal? scratch

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 12:06

Loved the post Shalini Thumbsup agree with each and every word u have penned down....

....am very miffed at Jodha......and every epi ..she is going bad to worse......she is so full of herself and her lineage.....

Gosh...who is going to make her come down from the high horse...Rolling Eyes Shocked

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-24, 12:14

Shalini superb post and agree with each and every word.. you know what I felt like giving her tight slap when said im not concerned about you but amer.. how selfish can a person become and the pain in jalal eyes … poor shehensha… was jodha like this in real …. Amidst all this I relish hope that someway or other jodha is trying to hide her feelings ..i hope that is true….

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 12:55

Tinkerbell wrote:Jodha gets it from Mom !! Mom was worried that Jalal's anger might wreck her daughter's wedding not even pausing for a second to wonder about  Jalal..
Actually, seeing how well Menawati conducted herself in Jalal's court, it was weird to see her worried over the wedding, and not for her son-in-law's life.

True she's faced impossible looking situations regarding her daughters' marriages, yet one expects the Rani Sahiba to express her concern in a better fashion.

Bharmal and Bhagwan Das, even Maan Singh, are far more mature in their response to this matter.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 12:57

Manasvi wrote:Love the man. A 16th century emperor putting up with the nonsense. Cant imagine someone in today's world habdling it better. Love is blind..and deaf and dumb too.
:) I know! True he isn't perfect, but then who is.
A man who takes steps to correct his mistakes is better than most :)

and now, this man is in love too! ROFL!!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 13:00

amimus wrote:Loved your post Shalini. I feel Jodha's continuous alaap of Amer as more of her ego then patriotism.
She has been whole heartedly accepted in Agra by her MIL as well as Jalal has accepted her as his wife. It is her who is not ready to move on , she has as his family is all happy.

And yes her attitude of Amer comes from her mother who is just worried about Sukanya's wedding and not about her son in law who has just brushed past death .
You echo my feelings, buddy! :) A person who is a real patriot cannot be so heartless to people who have given her love and acceptance. It is an ego issue more than anything else.

For the longest time, it's all been about I-me-mine for Jodha. Even when she does something good, she tags it with the I-me-mine.

I am actually a bit surprized by Menawati... I didn't expect that response!!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 13:01

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
Actually, seeing how well Menawati conducted herself in Jalal's court, it was weird to see her worried over the wedding, and not for her son-in-law's life.

True she's faced impossible looking situations regarding her daughters' marriages, yet one expects the Rani Sahiba to express her concern in a better fashion.

Bharmal and Bhagwan Das, even Maan Singh, are far more mature in their response to this matter.
Actually...Menavati's Suku's marriage was a trigger for Jodha and when Jalal came up with his fikar dialogues...she once again went back to her ghrina mode and then started the verbal diarrhoea of daya and koi aapse pyaar lecture.....which was just not called for.....am furious at the choice of her words....

guess....CVs should really now show some monologue(caring for Jalal or thinking about him)  of Jodha else all of us will never be able to identify with the progress in her character.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 13:03

pollyanna wrote:Loved the post Shalini Thumbsup agree with each and every word u have penned down....

....am very miffed at Jodha......and every epi ..she is going bad to worse......she is so full of herself and her lineage.....

Gosh...who is going to make her come down from the high horse...Rolling Eyes Shocked
Thank you, buddy!

Actually the day she falls off the high horse might be a painful one. Jalal doing stuff for her has not made her see any sense.

Perhaps if she discovers that Jalal loves her, it might change things for her. But with her past history, that seems a tad too much to expect Wink

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 13:05

clarissasham wrote:Shalini superb post and agree with each and every word.. you know what I felt like giving her tight slap when said im not concerned about you but amer.. how selfish can a person become and the pain in jalal eyes … poor shehensha… was jodha like this in real …. Amidst all this I relish hope that someway or other jodha is trying to hide her feelings ..i hope that is true….
Thank you, buddy!

And I might hope so too, for poor Jalal's and his Ammi Jaan's sake.
Though as yet, there has been no real display of this as such.
I am surprised Jalal didn't do much apart from warning her about the 'pity' even when she's yet again willfully and knowingly hurt him.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-24, 14:53

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
sarra0 wrote:nice post shalini...she doesn't want to c... she doesn't want to understand...she doesn't want to admit... if she is fighting and internal battle then they need to show that..
Thank you!
i do agree with you! If there was any internal battle ongoing in Jodha - apart from the one she keeps harping about .. her ghrina for Jalal and love for Amer - this would be evident - as it is evident for Jalal. If not in convo with anyone, at least in her own thoughts and mannerisms. But.... Jodha is yet to display any such emotion.

So.. i wonder if there is anything for admitting as of now. Jodha is pretty outspoken. She isnt like Jalal who who hides his feelings and speaks only what is needed.
She is yet to feel anything for him - except her much proclaimed ghrina.
In fact, Jalal is more perceptive than Jodha. He might've noticed it. Or one hopes so!
I think some worry has started to creep in there...but apart from that it doesn't look like there is more then that as yet...i am happy it is a slow phase u wouldn't want it to happen to fast.. but on the other hand they either need new dialogues or a slight softening in the way the dialogues r delivered...he may have realised cause that's y he asks u were concerned for me... u r taking care of me...he saw her laughing.. the boy has resilience to not have cut her head of by now...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-10-24, 15:09

loved the post Shalini , I think Jo is not ready to take this relationship forward , 

At kaali temple she was moved seeing him bowed down at kaali maa 's feet , She was very impressed seeing hiim  offering namaz  as a common man at Azmer sharif .She felt he is not what he seems to be ,there is a heart  do exist in that tough exterior , she did share that with Hameeda , she knows but not ready to accept that her ghrina is melting away ..., like she told  sukanya , kuchh rishte azeeb se hote hai , her only way to keep him at distance is her ghrina , She can see him melting  for her its her defiance tech to behave the way she is behaving

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 00:14

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum