Latest topics

ILKDM # 33 : The Call Of the Siren !!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM # 33 : The Call Of the Siren !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-24, 14:28

The aftermath of any cataclysmic  event is complete numbness when Mind simply refuses to accept the truth and retreats into its shell to grapple with  the ugly fact before erupting into furious action  again. But a SShah  cannot afford the luxury of regrouping his resources, and fine tuning his skill set to draw out/thwart/defeat the enemy..He ALWAYS has to be the weapon primed, ready to explode , Alert  mind  absorbing the facts and planning his moves  while at the same time he has to be sufficiently relaxed as to instill confidence  among his subordinates. Jalal was all this and much more . He was the  buzzing bee, eager beaver, Hunting Greyhound , cuddly  teddy bear  and a mischievous lad hell bent on irking his wife  !

Hameeda and Jalal displayed exemplary astuteness when they refused to react nor budge from Amer , was this gesture borne out of goodwill alone , Nay, this was a shrewd , political move taken after considering all the fall out .Jalal was lot safer INSIDE Amer than outside of it , Chances  of catching the Plotters and saboteurs  shone brightly in Amer than in Agra. The Psychological fallout would be incalculable had Jalal succumbed to the instinct of retreat , The  Aura of fear and respect he commands would have just dissipated making him the laughing stock, his retreat would have been a shot in the arm for the enemy Kingdoms who would take this as  a sign of his weakness ..By staying put, he comes across as a maverick but a brave and strong leader who will not allow a trifling assassination attempt to worry him.

The Brief but telling scene between Hameeda and  Maham was well brought out .. Maham who had always claimed and taken it for granted that Jalal was HER son was today forcibly reminded that Jalal never was Her Son , She may have fed him the milk but the blood that runs through Jalal is that of Hameeda ... Maham's Son would have not sat still, keeping his counsel and understanding that  people would use the Amer crowd to fulfill their own agenda rather Maham's son would be doing Mayhem, the blood of Amer would be flowing freely at the supposed attack on him .. Thus Jalal proves that he never was and never will be Maham's son regardless of how many times Jalal says ," You are my Ammi" or Maham's," You are my Sonny boy".

My friends who know me well knows that sooner or later I always bring in the  'Mahabharata' factor  in my writing .for to me  Mahabharata has everything  and every emotions that Mankind has thought of and will think of again , Yesterdays  Jalal - Jodha Moment was one such moment which  reminded me of Mahabharat . There always has been a debate on the role of Krishna, was he a  teacher,  a uninvolved  participant, or a active ingredient who goaded, instigated, manipulated people  to achieve certain purpose ?? , The purpose being the cleansing of earth !!!  To me, he has always been all these and more ..he has also been a silent confidante, a quiet strength, an understanding companion and a trustworthy friend. My Mind constantly conjures Jodha in this role !! Just as Arjuna was blinded by the ties of blood and could not wage war at the most crucial time, So is Jalal blindfolded by the title of Shahenshah and has resigned himself to the life of loneliness , of constant betrayal, of tension , He is a man who has accepted that he will not get unconditional love nor affection for behind every action of his kith and kin , there will be expectation !.. It is this foil, this armour that Jodha has to break, to reach the man in him ...How then can she do that ?? By provoking him, by goading him, by attacking him and by the dripping caustic words showing him the lack and thereby making him reactive and receptive.

Is this a learning curve for Jalal alone ?? No, This is also a growth curve for Jodha ..For long , Jalal has been a figure to be reviled, feared and hated.. She has seen him through the eyes of his detractors, She had heard about him from the tongues that were defeated by him, She had seen his cruelty  through the monstrosity of his soldiers , IT always had been a knowledge gleaned from secondary sources , Y'day for the first time , Jalal himself enlightened her , Y'day Jodha came to understand the crucible that Jalal carries everyday, every minute, every second. yes, She has not fallen in love  just because of this revelation but  yes, she feels pity , Pity for a man who has everything, still is a pauper!  

PITY !!! Pity is one weapon that Jalal cannot handle , Pity will make him react , A man who had shrouded himself in the garb of Shahenshah  will have to break out of his self imposed prison, It will make him seek Jodha out   and so will be  Jodha , who awaits for that Man .. A man with a heart, A man who can love , A man who can trust , A man who knows to live ! Jodha will teach him love, to leave the shadows of treachery behind, to trust people . Jodha is reaching out to Jalal by being honest , by being truthful, by being provoking . Jodha is trying to get to the man named Jalal through the imposing facade of the Shahenshah shroud  which can happen only when there is a concentrated attempt from both the sides, the will to surmount the weight of Shahenshahdom ,  such a strong will can be summoned only when there is sufficient provocation . Jodha , unwittingly is providing that provocation !! Being a quick witted man, Jalal will know soon enough   that Jodha can belong only to Jalal and she will forever remain a  unattainable golden fleece  to the Shahenshah. Jodha, the provocateur , the confidante, the guide ..ultimately the siren who  sang the song of love and breathed life into his cold heart.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM # 33 : The Call Of the Siren !!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 14:35

Well..I read the post twice......u brought Arjuna and Jodha on the same page Rolling Eyes .....and did u convince me???? Twisted Evil   GOSH!!! TAKE A BOW!!!! cheers 

Since yesterday I am all decked up in Mughal attire to wage war on Jodha and here u come and tell me that it is THIS attitude/action which will bring out the real Jalal......I am SPEECHLESS!!!! bounce bounce 

Yup agree that Jodha's mirchi laden DAYA will set the DIL in SSHah on fire.....i really dont have anything to write after reading your post.. earlier I thought that Jodha's dialogues are not written with much impact as Jalal's but now thats also gone paani mein....

I wanted Jodha's monologue but u make it redundant as this barb is going to make Jalal come out of the box.....

I guess yeh dono miya-biwi MFOE hain..pal mein jhagarna...aur doosre pal..she goes for mehendi and he rushes off to see her dancing....UFFFF Twisted Evil 

Loved how Hameeda showed MA her place.

Once again, a fabulous post Sathu.....

Last edited by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 14:48; edited 1 time in total

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 14:46

That write-up, my friend, comes from a CV's pen -- a CV sitting inside Jodha's soul and Jalal's soul!  A god-CV seeing sitting and deciding where one character comes from and where they go ! Wink

Although this view has nothing about the actual current state of Jodha or Jalal and their motivations and intentions - it does show a path where a Writer might choose to take the storyline, if they do.

For the K-A link ... hmm... whatever K did was an intentional move to motivate A into doing what the situation called him to do. As a result, A came shining thru - A definite thought-out move to help A with guidance he needed.

For Jodha madam - it isn't an intentional strategy to bring Jalal, the man, out - to help him. Whatever she is doing, her idea is not to reach out to Jalal - but to create and maintain distance. Jodha is simply - being herself. She is too proud of herself to be someone else or pretend to be something else. She's too stubborn for that. By nature, she is an unabashed rebel.

She does what  she thinks is right. And so... till she sees the 'right' in the relationship with Jalal - little progress for her and for Jalal.

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 15:31; edited 1 time in total

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-24, 15:10

Jodha is trying to get to the man named Jalal through the imposing facade of the Shahenshah shroud  which can happen only when there is a concentrated attempt from both the sides, the will to surmount the weight of Shahenshahdom ,  such a strong will can be summoned only when there is sufficient provocation

at last some solace through this words to mind which screaming at Jodha for pitying on jalal. A hope that all that she is doing will unintentionally lead to finding the man with flesh and blood and yeah a.a.a. heart ... hayee:sunny: 

u changed my POV and no wi iwll keep my hopes pinned on those above sentences u have written Tants

take bow mam cheers 

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-24, 15:18

Hi Tanths... great words.. but yesterday for me Jodha came across as very selfish.. Her line that that I don't care about you as long as it not affecting Amer.. was just toooo bad.. 

She disappointed me severely.. and hence I am not able to see this Arjun-krishna analogy with our Jodha-Jalal.. :cry:

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:22

....Poojie.... wrote:Hi Tanths... great words.. but yesterday for me Jodha came across as very selfish.. Her line that that I don't care about you as long as it not affecting Amer.. was just toooo bad.. 

She disappointed me severely.. and hence I am not able to see this Arjun-krishna analogy with our Jodha-Jalal.. :cry:
agree with u Poojie.....u know...wat i feel...even though she uses such harsh words...her exp or body language shld give a hint to the viewrs that she does care for jallu.....then she will cause less heartburn amongst viewers....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-10-24, 15:25

pollyanna wrote:
....Poojie.... wrote:Hi Tanths... great words.. but yesterday for me Jodha came across as very selfish.. Her line that that I don't care about you as long as it not affecting Amer.. was just toooo bad.. 

agree with u Poojie.....u know...wat i feel...even though she uses such harsh words...her exp or body language shld give a hint to the viewrs that she does care for jallu.....then she will cause less heartburn amongst viewers....
exactly pallo she is not giving and that makes it all the more sad to me...

i know paridhi acts well in those scenes but i wonder how she will act in romantic ones cause i always feel like paridhi is good in such harsh words exchanging scenes only....

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-24, 15:26

pollyanna wrote:

Don't think she cares for him at all.. 
I am wondering.. what will bring a change in Jodha??..

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-24, 15:31

Hi Poojiee ..Thanks, hun ..

No, Not selfish .. She is self centered but not selfish ..    She was being direct and honest ..that Amer mattered more to her than Jalal does...which is true ..   regarding I don't care for you or ur survival...wasn't this the same girl, who  half carried him to the river, washed away his wounds, half dragged him and  half lifted him on the horse .. Why undertake such arduous task if  he does not matter ??  Why  make a lep??

If he was never in her list  , then why  wash the blood from his palm ??..

Jodha is a confused woman, she  'thinks' that she does not care for him but her actions belie that fact and shows that she is a concerned party.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:32

....Poojie.... wrote:
pollyanna wrote:

True...more than Jallu, i feel i am now more eager to see the change in Jodha...how the CVs will bring about that convincingly....till now, we have not seen any moments where Jo is actually thinking of Jalal as an emperor or even a humanbeing....husband toh bahut door ki baat hai....she is so much full of herself and her Rajvanshi lineage and Amer.....kabhi toh soche kisi aur ke liye.....Grrrrr

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-10-24, 15:37

Wow Tants....Awesome post! Take a bow!

I so knew you would play the Devil's advocate today !

Still Tants tell me how can you justify Jodhas dialogue of disadvantages of being a king...isnt she from a royal family? Havent her brothers and father in the same situation as Jalal always braving through and targetted by enemies? Hasnt she herself sacrificed her life for the people of Amer..then doesnt she deserve the same pity? All that she pititied for Jalal hasnt she herself seen her family through all that being a Princess ? She was talking like a commoner yesterday!!!

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-10-24, 15:39

Tanthya wrote:

No, Not selfish .. She is self centered but not selfish ..    She was being direct and honest ..that Amer mattered more to her than Jalal does...which is true ..   regarding I don't care for you or ur survival...wasn't this the same girl, who  half carried him to the river, washed away his wounds, half dragged him and  half lifted him on the horse .. Why undertake such arduous task if  he does not matter ??  Why  make a lep??

Jodha is a confused woman, she  'thinks' that she does not care for him but her actions belie that fact and shows that she is a concerned party.
Loved your answer Tants ...me Lubj you ! Heart 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:39

ShaliniRobinson wrote:That write-up, my friend, comes from a CV's pen -- a CV sitting inside Jodha's soul and Jalal's soul!  A god-CV seeing sitting and deciding where one character comes from and where they go ! Wink

She does what  she thinks is right. And so... till she sees the 'right' in the relationship with Jalal - little progress for her and for Jalal.
@Bold: Sathu always prefers to walk the road less travelled Wink 

@Red: sees the RIGHT and thinks that it is THE right even if it can be not right OR wrong for everyone else.... this is what Jodha is....samajhti hai ki wahi sabse badi gyaani aur sahi insaan hai poore duniya mein......amer walon ne bachpan mein class nahi lagayi na uski...isliye aisi bad-dimaag, pampered,proud  ladki hai yeh.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 15:39

pollyanna wrote:
....Poojie.... wrote:
pollyanna wrote:

True...more than Jallu, i feel i am now more eager to see the change in Jodha...how the CVs will bring about that convincingly....till now, we have not seen any moments where Jo is actually thinking of Jalal as an emperor or even a humanbeing....husband toh bahut door ki baat hai....she is so much full of herself and her Rajvanshi lineage and Amer.....kabhi toh soche kisi aur ke liye.....Grrrrr
She remembers that Jalal called her his 'Trophy'. She considers the marriage simply a conquest for Jalal. She fulfills whatever is expected of her as a wife. But in private - she never gives Jalal the satisfaction of earning the 'Trophy'.

To her this marriage is all wrong, for all the wrong reasons - and that is somewhere she is right.

Jodha is all about black and white - right and wrong.

Amer is right. Agra is wrong.
Rajvanshis are right. Moghuls are wrong.
Jodha is right. Jalal is wrong.

As I said in my reply -- Jodha needs to see the 'right' in her relationship with Jalal. She needs to see this as a real marriage which exists for the 'right' reasons. When she does - she would allow that caring heart of hers freedom to love her husband.

Till then - if at all she feels anything (which I don't see yet, sorry! :P ) - she will think it wrong.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-24, 15:39

Tanthya wrote:

After yesterday, I am going to put that tiger incident on guilt ... it was becoz of her that he was in this situation... and if he dies...she will have to live a life full of guilt.. 

Yeah.. that tending to his wounds all the the time...I would give her that.. 

Yes we all know she cares for Amer more.. and even Jalal knows that.. but yesterday it came out as if.. "you can die wherever you want but please not in amer.. as this would ruin my sister's wedding and ruin amer's reputation.."...that was callous tanths :cry:

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ....Poojie.... on 2013-10-24, 15:42

zuzana wrote:Wow Tants....Awesome post! Take a bow!

Still Tants tell me how can you justify Jodhas dialogue of disadvantages of being a king...isnt she from a royal family? Havent her brothers and father in the same situation as Jalal always braving through and targetted by enemies? Hasnt she herself sacrificed her life for the people of Amer..then doesnt she deserve the same pity? All that she pititied for Jalal hasnt she herself seen her family through all that being a Princess ? She was talking like a commoner yesterday!!!
I agree with you.. Jodha does come across as a commoner..who has 0 knowledge and understanding of royal politics..

....Poojie....
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 15:45

....Poojie.... wrote:

I agree with you.. Jodha does come across as a commoner..who has 0 knowledge and understanding of royal politics..
Agreed hands down! Thumbsup  with both of ya!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:46

Tanthya wrote:

Sathu...as she said herself...she was tending to a ghayal insaan in all these scenarios , tiger fiasco toh uske hi chalte hua...hence woh lep nahi banayegi toh kya tiger aata lep banane ke liye????.....aisa woh kisi ke liye bhi karti....Jalal has no special place for her.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 15:49

Tanthya wrote:

Why she did all that?

One: she's been taught to care for ghayal people, no matter if they are enemies. So she'd do it for any one.
Two: She caused the 'incident' and so.. it was guilt.
Three: She is really not a bad person and seeing a man dying on her account would leave her to live a life of guilt. Her thoughts at the time were for Hamida, Ruqaiya and the lot.

Not for her pain as a wife to the man who was dying.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:49

@Bold: me too , me too  Zu Wink Wink 

@Red: True that.....none of her behaviour befits a princess / agree with u 100%

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-10-24, 15:52

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Why she did all that?

One: she's been taught to care for ghayal people, no matter if they are enemies. So she'd do it for any one.
Three: She is really not a bad person and seeing a man dying on her account would leave her to live a life of guilt. Her thoughts at the time were for Hamida, Ruqaiya and the lot.

Thumbsup  I agree she was doing it with no special feelings for jalal...she would do it for anybody.

Actually I thought she felt more bad for Ruqs and Hameeda than Jalal...she didnt want a Shahenshah to die and make his kingdom orphan.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:52

ShaliniRobinson wrote:
pollyanna wrote:
....Poojie.... wrote:
pollyanna wrote:agree with u Poojie.....u know...wat i feel...even though she uses such harsh words...her exp or body language shld give a hint to the viewrs that she does care for jallu.....then she will cause less heartburn amongst viewers....
She remembers that Jalal called her his 'Trophy'. She considers the marriage simply a conquest for Jalal. She fulfills whatever is expected of her as a wife. But in private - she never gives Jalal the satisfaction of earning the 'Trophy'.

To her this marriage is all wrong, for all the wrong reasons - and that is somewhere she is right.

Jodha is all about black and white - right and wrong.

Amer is right. Agra is wrong.
Rajvanshis are right. Moghuls are wrong.
Jodha is right. Jalal is wrong.

As I said in my reply -- Jodha needs to see the 'right' in her relationship with Jalal. She needs to see this as a real marriage which exists for the 'right' reasons. When she does - she would allow that caring heart of hers freedom to love her husband.

Till then - if at all she feels anything (which I don't see yet, sorry! :P ) - she will think it wrong.
Thumbsup

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-24, 15:56

....Poojie.... wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

After yesterday, I am going to put that tiger incident on guilt ... it was becoz of her that he was in this situation... and if he dies...she will have to live a life full of guilt.. 

Yeah.. that tending to his wounds all the the time...I would give her that.. 

Yes we all know she cares for Amer more.. and even Jalal knows that.. but yesterday it came out as if.. "you can die wherever you want but please not in amer.. as this would ruin my sister's wedding and ruin amer's reputation.."...that was callous tanths :cry:
Guilt would have made her  cry out bitterly , beating her breasts at her folly... she would not have been pro active in trying to  keep him alive and safe .

The titular Shahenshah  carries with it the  chalice of death too .. That is accepted always  ..  He asks , are you worried for my safety and she retorts no, I am worried for Amer , my sister and the stigma that my ppl will carry .....  Why will she be worried for him ?? first, she knows that he  is a capable warrior and he can fight  for his life, he has survived many attempts on his life ..2. she has seen first hand how fierce are his soldiers when they destroyed the tribals, they are the elite and cannot be easily taken down 3. crowds in Amer  can be sued but Jalal can be safer in the isolation of Agra.  her concern for Jalal will be less ..but  consider Sukanya ... a girl whose alliance was being rejected everywhere, manages to get a alliance  but before she can get into marital relationship, her fiancee is killed ... and if another marriage to fail..then  she will be shunned by her own ...

Amer..Amer is  a outcast , it is ridiculed by Rajvanshis, treated with contempt,  a prosperous state is a pariah and is surviving because Uncle Mughal has lent a helpful hand, now if the  head of the Mughal were to be murdered in Amer .. Will the Mughals stay quiet ?? They will plunder, loot, murder the citizens of Amer...    Does one single head merit the death of many heads ??

She might seem to be callous regarding  Jalal but is conscience bound wrt  Amer and the praja .. As for Jalal.. the marriage was of compromise and she treats it as such ..  nothing has come to her eye or zehan that says that this marriage means more for Jalal .. Jalal has ensured that by his constant talks of , I do everything for my benefit, profit ..and his constant veiled taunts about how she sent him to death  et etc..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-24, 15:57

clarissasham wrote: Jodha is trying to get to the man named Jalal through the imposing facade of the Shahenshah shroud  which can happen only when there is a concentrated attempt from both the sides, the will to surmount the weight of Shahenshahdom ,  such a strong will can be summoned only when there is sufficient provocation

at last some solace through this words to mind which screaming at Jodha for pitying on jalal. A hope that all that she is doing will unintentionally lead to finding the man with flesh and blood and yeah a.a.a. heart ... hayee:sunny: 

u changed my POV and no wi iwll keep my hopes pinned on those above sentences u have written Tants
take bow mam cheers 
Shami....ek baar phir se hamein asha ki kiran ka intezaar karne pe majboor kar diya Sathu ne Wink :P

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-10-24, 15:57

zuzana wrote:
ShaliniRobinson wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Why she did all that?

Thumbsup  I agree she was doing it with no special feelings for jalal...she would do it for anybody.

Actually I thought she felt more bad for Ruqs and Hameeda than Jalal...she didnt want a Shahenshah to die and make his kingdom orphan.
Actually -- the dame on the high horse -- she wasn't really bothered about the shah-en-shah and his kingdom. She has expressed her real feelings recently - 'we need more yodhas like PC to save us from Moghuls'.

She prayed for the 'son' and the 'brother', and the 'human' , she didn't even say 'husband' for the sake of Ruks or Salema or other wives.

So practically any one would fall into those categories - not just Jalal.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum