Latest topics

AA:Yash-Amrapali’s dance dhamaka

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AA:Yash-Amrapali’s dance dhamaka

Post by ..rosa.. on 2013-10-26, 09:54

Amrapali Gupta popular as the negative lead Tanveer from Qubool Hai and husband Yash Sinha will be one of the jodis competing on Nach Baliye this season. While Amrapali is a trained Kathak dancer, Yash admits dancing is alien to him.

Speaking about their experiences rehearsing for the show, Yash says, “We started rehearsing around the end of September and our choreographers have been patient with me. 

Amrapali and I had last shared screen space in Teen Bahuraaniyaan where we played husband-wife so I felt it would be good to work together again in Nach Baliye. Amrapali has learnt Kathak for six years while I am zero as a dancer. I performed a few dances in my shows Teen Bahuraaniyaan and Bhagyavidhaata — but that’s it.”

Amrapali being a trained dancer has it a little easier and is even helping Yash get his steps right. She says, “Having learnt dance, I have a good sense of rhythm. Yash takes time to pick up steps. When we are rehearsing at home, I try teaching Yash steps in a simpler manner and he is doing quite well.”

Amrapali is also part of Zee TV’s popular show Qubool Hai and she admits juggling between both shows isn’t going to be an easy task, but she’s up for the challenge. She says, “I shoot from 9 am to 9 pm for Qubool Hai. 

Then I have to make my way through Mumbai’s traffic and reach the rehearsal hall where we practice from 11 pm to 2 am. Next morning I’m again rushing for my show shoot. The producers of my show are accommodating and have agreed to give me some time off so I can rehearse my acts.”

As of now, the couple is all geared up for the show and hope to entertain their fans with some interesting acts. Amrapali says, “I love performing to old Bollywood songs from the ’50s-70s. I hope along with new songs I get to dance to old ones too. Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye is another all-time favourite number.

The dance forms I hope to perform are salsa and contemporary, which are my favourite.” Yash adds, “I would love to dance to Tip Tip Barsa Paani with Amrapali as it’s one of our favourite numbers.

I love the kind of dance Hrithik Roshan, Farhan Akhtar and Abhay Deol performed to Senorita in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobaara (flamenco), I would love to try that too on the show.”

Natasha Coutinho 

• Age Correspodent

..rosa..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum