Latest topics

RAJAT TOKAS: Appreciation Thread : Show the World a PRODIGY!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RAJAT TOKAS: Appreciation Thread : Show the World a PRODIGY!!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:23

Rajat Tokas – The Rising star

Rajat Tokas is a rising star brightening the hearts of millions across the globe. No words ever will aptly describe the amazing persona of Rajat Tokas, a teen sensation and today’s youth icon. He continued to charm the audience as Robindo in Ekta Kapoor’s Star Plus venture Tere Liye and now as Akbar in Jodha-Akbar.  He has not only won the hearts of young ladies but also masses of all age groups from young children to middle aged and elderly people. Extreme dedication, dogged determination, round the clock hard work, fearless enough to face challenges, simplicity, unending energy, meticulous acting skills, and many more are the qualities of this charming actor worth to be followed and admired for.

Personal about Rajat

Rajat was born in Munirka, South Delhi on 19th July 1991 to parents Ramvir and Pramila Tokas. He went to Hope Hall Foundation School, R.K. Puram, Delhi for his basic education. Due to his hectic schedule as an actor, he began studying through correspondence. His father encouraged him to pursue acting as his career, when he started showing some interest in the field. His father Ramvir Tokas left his job for his son's career.

Acting Ventures

Rajat acted as a young child in various television serials like Jadui Chiraag, Light House For Children, Bongo, Mera Dost, Rahul, Ek Nazar Ki Tamanna, Hey Hawain, Khoj Khajane Ki and Abhivyakti. People started to know him from his role of Sai Baba’s brother Tatya in the television serial Sai Baba produced by Sagar Arts. 

The major breakthrough in his life came from the main lead in the mega serial Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan produced by Sagar Arts. They had decided that Rajat Tokas would play the role of Teen Prithviraj Chauhan for only a few episodes. But the ex - vice president of India - Shree Bhairon Singh Shekhawat was really impressed by this kid. The Sagar's then decided to increase his role. Rajat had aimed for a long inning. He played the role for more than 1 year. This role of King Prithviraj Chauhan turned him into a star overnight. He became very popular overnight and earned millions of cheerful fans across the world who were awestruck by his charismatic personality and his impeccable and flawless acting skills. Rajat’s chemistry with his co-actress Mugdha Chaphekar was appreciated far and wide.

After Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan his next show was Dharam Veer also a presentation of Sagar arts, aired on NDTV Imagine, where he played the role of Veer. This role further made him reached heights and excel in his magical acting skills. He learnt Sword Fighting and Karate especially for his role as Prithviraj Chauhan. He loves playing football, swimming and horse riding.

He is rising day by day and no one could deny the fact that the wide sparkling horizon is spread far and wide for this young born actor, welcoming him with open arms.  Rajat was also  seen as Robindo in Ekta kapoor’s Tere Liye on Star Plus. Currently he is playing the great Mughal king, Akbar in Ekta's much acclaimed Jodha Akbar on Zee TV

Awards

At a young age Rajat won many awards like

· Best Child Actor – Star Parivar Awards (2007)
· Best Yogya Jodi – Star Parivar Awards (2007); along with Mugdha        Chaphekar, his co-actor in Prithviraj Chauhan
· Best Child Actor – Zee Gold Awards (2007)
· Best child actor – Indian Telly Awards (2007)
· Best Actor (Popular) – Indian Television Academy Awards (2007)

Last edited by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:35; edited 1 time in total

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: RAJAT TOKAS: Appreciation Thread : Show the World a PRODIGY!!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:26

credit--fanpage/ official RT page

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:34

Rajat Tokas as Jalal/Akbar--First LOOK 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:45

'Jodha Akbar' will be a change for viewers: Rajat Tokas

Known to be an expert in creating kitchen politics and horror shows for TV, Ekta Kapoor now walks through history. She is coming out with historical saga "Jodha Akbar” and the show's lead actor Rajat Tokas thinks it will be a change for the better.

Produced by Balaji Telefilms, the show is likely to go on air sometime next month on Zee TV.

Delhi guy Rajat, who will be seen as emperor Akbar in the series, said: “Being a professional, I have read about my character Akbar, but not about the people around him as I wanted to be excited with any new advancement on the show.”

With so many daily soaps crowding the small screen, why would audience watch "Jodha Akbar"?

"The show will be a change for the audience," said Rajat and added that it is like choosing between daal-chawal and biryani as "my show is like biryani".

Talking about the preparations for the role, he said: “I've known for a while that I'll play Akbar. So I have used my time to work on my physique and get into the right shape for the role”"

Rajat seems to be doing the right thing as Akbar became a soldier and a king at the age of 14.

Paridhi Sharma will play Jodha in the show that will capture the intriguing journey of the royal couple's love for each other that had, in fact, begun with intense hatred. What started as a marriage based on political power-play evolved into something more meaningful eventually!

*Indian Express

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:48

I am a loner and I don’t have friends: Rajat Tokas

After doing shows like Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Dharam Veer and Tere Liye, actor Rajat Tokas will be seen playing the role of emperor Akbar in an upcoming TV show, Jodha Akbar.

The actor, who returns to TV after almost two-and-a-half years, is thrilled to play the role of an emperor. He says, “The portrayal of Akbar here will be different from the others seen on celluloid in the past. The Akbar I’m playing is about 21-22 years old, has immense power, success and the ability to get what he wants. I am trying to live this character as much as possible.”

Post Tere Liye, Rajat tried his luck in films, but they didn’t work out. In fact, that period was a tough one for the actor. “I got depressed as I was sitting at home with no work. My mom is very close to me and seeing her worried got me even more depressed,” says Rajat, who utilised that time to complete his studies. The actor adds that he didn’t have a support system then as he doesn’t have friends.

“I am a loner and I don’t have friends. I’ve never had any since childhood,” says Rajat, adding, “I don’t know how to make friends. I am not the sort of person who will walk up to anyone to seek friendship.” In fact, the actor says that he is not very friendly with his co-stars of the new show as well. “When I’m playing this role, I am in the character and not myself. I have been given this responsibility by Ekta Kapoor and the channel, so I can’t let them down. If I lose my focus even for a minute, I might lose out on any opportunity that comes my way,” says Rajat.

*Hindustan Times

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:56

RAJAT TOKAS Abode in Mumbai :) 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 11:58

Rajat @16 was shy of girlfriends 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 12:06

Young Tokas--Offscreen Shots

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 12:19

Ekta Kapoor's Akbar at the Dargah

Television actor Rajat Tokas, who is known for his portrayal of Prithviraj Chauhan, is back in a period drama on TV. This time, the young actor has been cast as Akbar in Ekta Kapoor's 'Jodha Akbar'.
Rajat took a day off from the hectic shooting schedule in Karjat to visit the Dargah Hazrat Nizamuddin here, and he did that in character.
Guided by Syed Faiz Nizami from the Dargah, Rajat took a tour of the Dargah and offered prayers for the success of the show. The people at the Dargah, who're used to celebrity appearances, followed the actor and asked the crew about him. From Salman Khan to Hrithik Roshan, many names were thrown around until they found out that it was actually a TV actor.
Rajat later told us, "I have spent half my life here in Delhi but I never visited this place. Akbar bana, aur aaj main yahaan hoon. I hope to come back here very soon."

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 12:30

In daily soaps male leads are just onlookers: Rajat Tokas

Rajat Tokas struck gold with his portrayal of young Prithviraj in the epic saga Prithviraj Chauhan.

And soon the actor went on to become a household name but post Prithviraj, he was hardly seen on the small screen, except on Ekta Kapoor's Tere Liye. However, the young lad who is now all set to return to TV with Zee TV's historical saga Jodha Akbar, says that he prefers doing historical characters as he loves playing a man and he doesn't want to be an onlooker in a daily soap.

"It's not about coming back to historical shows or I am in love with historical characters but yes it's true that I like these characters as I love playing a man. I did Tere Liye where I played a grey character which was very different from Prithviraj and Dharam Veer

Ekta experimented with me but then I wanted to do something more powerful and I am happy that Jodha Akbar was offered to me. I don't think I will get to play such a powerful character in a daily soap. I am not saying that daily soaps are boring but it is something I don't like. Historical shows are very different from daily soaps and I can say that as I have done three historical shows. In daily soaps you are just an observer or onlooker. You don't have anything to do in a daily soap and yet you are the main lead of the show."

Rajat adds, "I don't understand the logic behind the saas-bahu sagas on small screen. Hence, I prefer strong roles that I have played earlier and I would continue to do them in future too. When Producers, directors and the casting team selects certain actor to play a character in their show they are very much sure about what they want. So I think the makers of the show have found Akbar in me and that is why I am playing the role of Akbar. I am extremely happy to be back after two and a half year with such a big offer."

The actor is very excited with his comeback show and considers this as one of the important opportunity of his life, "I have been given the opportunity of playing Akbar and I consider it as very important for me. As far as playing the Akbar on-screen is concerned, I think it's very important to understand Akbar's outlook towards life. This character has earlier been played by Prithviraj Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan in films and now it will be played by me a 22-year old boy. I think the combination of fame, success and madness is a deadly for a 22-year old Akbar and that is something that you will get to see on screen," concludes Rajat.

*TOI

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-28, 12:36

Rajat Tokas will be Ekta Kapoor’s 'Akbar'

Ekta tells, “I wanted an actor who is a boy-man. Although Rajat has the innocence of a 19-year-old, he is seasoned in terms of maturity. Akbar was someone who became a soldier and a king at the age of 14 and by 17 he had already won a battle on his own. Rajat is an expert in martial arts and horse riding. He was perfect for me.” 

Ekta has found the ideal blend of boyish innocence and rugged manliness required of Akbar in Rajat Tokas

Rajat Tokas in conversation with  Rajat Sandeep Hattangadi

Have you seen Ashutosh Gowarikar’s film ‘Jodha Akbar’?
No. I deliberately refrained from seeing it since I didn’t want to be influenced in any way and wanted my portrayal of Akbar to be totally original.

How do you feel working with the cast?
We have just started shooting and I am eager to shoot with Paridhi Sharma who plays Jodha. The ensemble cast of the show includes prominent actors such as Ashwini Kalsekar playing Mahamanga, a pivotal mother figure in Akbar’s life who saved him from the clutches of death across many a battle. Chetan Hansraj will play the role of Adham Khan, the mighty son of Mahamanga who has an eye on the Mughal throne.

We hear there are going to be special promotions of the show.
Yes. In the digital space, Zee TV plans to create a virtual historical monument on Facebook giving online users a chance to immortalise their love by inscribing theirs and their lovers’ names on the monument. The idea is to support the preservation of our monuments by encouraging lovers to write their names on virtual monuments rather than real ones. The channel will create boards on Pinterest familiarising viewers with the architecture, monuments, artifacts, clothes and jewelry from the Mughal era. Zee TV will organise edutainment excursions for school children where they will watch the shoot of the show and be taken on a guided tour of the ‘Jodha Akbar’ sets that resemble Jodha and Akbar’s palaces, showcasing replicas of the costumes, jewellery, weapons used in the Mughal era that are currently being used in the show. In Delhi, the channel will make the toll booth on the DND flyover toll-free on the day of the launch in remembrance of the fact that emperor Akbar had waived off a pilgrimage tax for all countrymen in his time. The channel will also have stalls serving sherbet outside prominent dargahs in Uttar Pradesh as a goodwill gesture on the launch day.

What kind of shows would you like to do in the future?
Any concept which is nice and gives me a chance to perform will be a show I would like to do and that includes reality shows too.

And films?
Yes. I would gradually like to do films too.

Any role models or inspirations?
No one specific but I look upto all successful people and try to imbibe their good qualities.

Spoken like a true wise king!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-29, 22:55

Jalal's smirks 

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-10-30, 00:16

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-02, 23:50; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-31, 12:53

Fighting with lions

ANUJ KUMAR

Meet the youngster who played the role of young Prithviraj.

PHOTO: ANU PUSHKARNA 

Playing the prince: Rajat Tokas

After Shah Rukh Khan he is probably the only actor who floors both the mothers and daughters with equal ease. Ask this to the cute Rajat Tokas and he blushes. “I don’t know but the letters I get from my female fans make me feel that they think I am old enough to feel the emotions I portray on screen.” A student of Std. X at New Delhi’s Hope Hall Foundation, R.K. Puram, 14-year-old Rajat is etched in public memory as young Prithiviraj Chauhan. Initia lly roped in by the Sagars for just three episodes, Rajat went on to play the character for 200 episodes. “My role was limited to the episodes where Prithiviraj learns to fire shabdbhedi baan and fights with the lion. But apparently the public liked me so much that the producers kept on increasing my role.”

Maths rules

He might have done a historical but his favourite subject is mathematics. “I didn’t read about Prithiviraj before enacting the role. I went by what my director told me. As I had no preconceived notions, I believe it brought spontaneity to my acting.”
An above average student, Rajat says, “The kind of competition we have in academics these days, only the best get their chosen vocation. I felt I am good at acting so I should focus on it and keep the studies going.”

However, because of the strenuous shooting schedules, Rajat admits he has missed out on studies. “I have a lot to catch up but I will manage. Now that my role in Prithvi is over, I am concentrating on studies. In the interim, I also missed out on celebrating my birthday. I want to spend some time with my family.”

Good diet

As for his physique which makes him look older than his age, Rajat shares he doesn’t exercise too much. “It is just the effect of milk and milk products.”
Rajat avers fame hasn’t changed him. “I am the same for my friends and family. But many others have changed towards me.”

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-05, 13:31

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-05, 17:15

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-06, 17:33

Rajat with his new dog .. an old video of SBS

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-29, 14:15

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-29, 14:18

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-29, 14:19

One Man, Many Moods:

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-29, 14:36

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by smile.sara on 2013-12-01, 11:49

hi ..I m sara..
die heart rajat fan
loyal R'ian
but new on this site:)

smile.sara

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie pai :-) on 2013-12-01, 13:33

Hiii welcome sara....hope u will enjoy at dhwani very much

cutie pai :-)
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by cutie pai :-) on 2013-12-01, 13:34

Hiii welcome sara....hope u will enjoy at dhwani very much

cutie pai :-)
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-03, 13:05

May your brilliance glow like the rays of Moon

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:00

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum