Latest topics

ILKDM #35 - Eve bites the apple

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #35 - Eve bites the apple

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-30, 18:11

The coming of age ..So to speak of a  mollycoddled princess , The princess of Amer who always spoke straight , was frank, honest and a open book  now has bitten the proverbial forbidden apple , instantly learning the  tricky moves of Palace politics, learning to tread carefully along a seemingly smooth passage which could be a veritable site for Landmines. the end of  naivete perhaps !!

All along  one had hopes that the Amer track would pave the way for mending of fences, smoothing the rough edges , The track did all this and much more..  It  depicted the growing boldness, greed and effrontery of 2 scoundrels in Adham and Sharifuddin, It announced the growth of Atka Khan and the waning influence of Maham .The track showed various facets of Jalal ..Jodha who was used to see  a man who cordially disliked her and one who considered her a conquest was now able to see the man in Jijasa, damad and as her husband who honors her vow !! Has all this facets lead to  blooming  of love  or any soft feeling in her heart, Absolutely not ..what it has  given rise to is a dilemma , a thoughtful check  and recheck of the actions generated , of trying to find the motive behind actions..  Has this actions changed Jodha .. Not obviously, not glaringly.. but yes .. there is a feeble reciprocal happening , A woman who had no reservation in giving a chastising set down to Jalal , be it in public or private ..now holds herself back, bites down on the sharp tongue , softens the stinging words ..Aligns with her husband even though she does not agree with him .. Did this growing up of Jodha happen overnight ?? I think not.. It was a long , slow and extremely tedious process.

The evolution of Jodha began with the visit to Ajmer Sharief where  to her immense surprise, she was a witness to the spirituality of Jalal  and also his broad mindedness when he courteously excuses her  from praying in a Islamic dargah. The worth of Jalal was brought home to her when he was mortally wounded, she realized his importance to the land when Hameeda dinned into her head the repercussions that may succeed Jalal's death . but wherein lies Jodha , the wife .. the woman who was obtuse about her husband and held a prejudice so yellow that  the Jaundice would be proud of it..well to put it mildly, she still continued to display the same tenacious blindness with regards Jalal, a blatant disregard  for him which could  have lead to her gradual isolation and estrangement ,  a haughty attitude which could have made the distance grow longer ,  had it not been for few wake up calls .. The sorry state of affairs would have continued for kingdom come , Thankfully we have  Sukanya, Maham , Bakshi  and Jalal himself to thank for the change in the stubborn girl.. for she has blinked for the first time in the game of life and love ..

A girl who was complacent and rejoicing in the hatred of Jalal was brought up short when Sukanya pointed out the meaning of relationship and how sacrosanct are the wedding vows and how utterly callous had Jodha been regarding the same. Sukanya it was who pointed out the pitfall of alienating the emperor with hostile entourage surrounding him. Credit goes to Sukanya once again when she pointed out the magnanimity of Jalal when he did not create a ruckus  over the 'Hawai' Incident ..

If Sukanya highlighted the dangers  of ill treating the relationship and Jalal, Maham was the  perfect portrayal of the vengeful witch  who  literally enacted the 'Karma is a :O' theory and made Jodha eat humble pie !!

To Maham goes the everlasting credit of nudging Jodha towards  'queenhood' from the rather cossetted princess of Amer phase..  with one  move and certain choice of words , Maham unleashed the politician in Jodha ..who realized the foolhardiness of her actions in a jiffy , turned  the tables and delivered a coup de tete that would have made Shakuni and Chanakya proud !  Jodha who had prided herself on her Amer legacy, who always exuded  a haughty and 'do not touch me' mien  now does the unthinkable, she actually embraces the enemy  right in its lair and  debuts into the field of Palace politics..  A woman who would refuse to even look at whom she considered  as culprits now has no issues when she  so abjectly begs for forgiveness from Sharifudhin and Maham. Jodha then increases the stake when she apologizes to Jalal too, honestly admits her mistake and her misguided loyalty .. vouchsafes that henceforth her allegiance lies with Agra house and her husbands honor as well as the prestige of Agra is of paramount importance ..In one swift stroke, she points out that just as  she is bound to Agra, so is Jalal bound to Amer..Her honor is tied to him , and she is tied to Amer..any besmirching of the same  is bound to reflect on him . The economical choice of words freeing him and agreeing to respect his command ACTUALLY binds him tighter to the promise he had given , her agreement , a directive to him to conduct the wedding successfully !!  A masterful game , started by the master , ended by a novice who 'broke the bank'.. A coming of age for Jodha ..from Ladoo to Begum !

Loved the shot of Jodha saying firmly to Maham to cede her path  cuz she has to meet her King.. a subtle move that suggests that  caravan of Jodha proceeding towards Jalal has become unstoppable , even the powerful Maham has to step down  clearing the passage for Jodha to reach Jalal .

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #35 - Eve bites the apple

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-30, 18:34

What an apt title girl... when I found Jo doing her act, the last scene of Mudalvan came to my mind...
Kadesila.. ennayum arasiyalvathi akitingale ya...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-30, 19:23

" held a prejudice so yellow that  the Jaundice would be proud of it..well to put it mildly" ROFL 

What an analysis... Loved it... jodha has crossed the midline of  "coming a long way"... I love how CVs showed her growth in an insidious manner rather than making it abrupt. Skuanya has grown up a lot too...From the whining, tantrumming princess who wanted Suryaban for herself... She now is capable of dispensing wisdom to the elders. The broken marriage alliances have done her good..

Great read as always.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-10-30, 19:43

Loved the post Sathu and such an apt title!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-31, 16:50

Abavi wrote:What an apt title girl... when I found Jo doing her act, the last scene of Mudalvan came to my mind...
Thank You, Vi Ponnu...It's all about surviving amidst Crocs :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-10-31, 17:22

Loved it Tants...awesome description of Jodha's journey into the territory of love....I loved the admonishing tone of yours trinkled with affection:twisted: 

How come Sukanya suddenly became a wise woman from being a brat Rolling Eyes 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-31, 17:27

zuzana wrote:Loved it Tants...awesome description of Jodha's journey into the territory of love....I loved the admonishing tone of yours trinkled with affection:twisted: 

How come Sukanya suddenly became a wise woman from being a brat Rolling Eyes 
*sagely* One broken wedding and an almost broken wedding tends to do tht !!Wink

Thank You, Zu

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-10-31, 18:01

Tanthya wrote:
Abavi wrote:What an apt title girl... when I found Jo doing her act, the last scene of Mudalvan came to my mind...
Thank You, Vi Ponnu...It's all about surviving amidst Crocs :)
Plus, desperate times lead to desperate measures

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-10-31, 21:45

Super duper post Tants. I have been missing the episodes and the reviews as well. So glad to have caught up on this review.

Finally Amer ki shehzadi becomes Agra Ki begam. phew. 
hope to catch the episodes over the weekend.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-01, 11:37

Ggn_girl wrote:Super duper post Tants. I have been missing the episodes and the reviews as well. So glad to have caught up on this review.

Hi Vandhu,

So long since I saw you, Hun .. Hope U are doing well.. episodes were quite good ,Rajat and Paridhi  were good in their scenes..

Nope, She has not become the Begum yet .. but she  is on the way and the  path is a looooong one..

Will wait for ur comments  ..

Happy Deepavali , Vandhu !!:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-01, 11:55

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:Super duper post Tants. I have been missing the episodes and the reviews as well. So glad to have caught up on this review.

Hi Vandhu,

So long since I saw you, Hun .. Hope U are doing well.. episodes were quite good ,Rajat and Paridhi  were good in their scenes..

Nope, She has not become the Begum yet .. but she  is on the way and the  path is a looooong one..

HI Tants,

yes, has been a crazy week. Work was hectic. Not much time to go online. But now i am on a break until Dec 2nd week:bounce: . Hope to be more regular and catch up with the episodes.

Happy Deepavali to you too. In the process of making thenkuzhal, mixture and mysore pak. bounce 

Vandhu

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-01, 12:32

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hi Vandhu,

HI Tants,

yes, has been a crazy week. Work was hectic. Not much time to go online. But now i am on a break until Dec 2nd week:bounce: . Hope to be more regular and catch up with the episodes.

Happy Deepavali to you too. In the process of making thenkuzhal, mixture and mysore pak. bounce 

Vandhu
ThenKuzhal !!!!!  Mouth begins to flood like BrahmaPutra !!!!!  How much I miss  the excitement and  the eating of it  warm warm ...

Awww.. time for you  to relax and refresh .. Enjoy the break !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:24

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum