Latest topics

Shotgun wedding on IPK Ek Bar Phir

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shotgun wedding on IPK Ek Bar Phir

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-30, 23:17

What a mind boggling episode... it starts with Astha declaring her ever lasting love for Shlok to her parents, even after the surfacing of the broken Mangalsutra... clearly this naive kid is under a spell from this rich, dark and handsome character that she cannot figure out completely! 

Then comes the devil reincarnate in red dress, Tai of Niranjan, only thing missing were the horns. She pulled Astha's dupatta over her shoulder cause it wasnt covering her completely.... Sojal promptly covered other shoulder with her saree's pallo ... :P ... gotta love no-self-worth Sojal. 

Panditji says their (Shlok and Astha's)  kundali doesnt match... they will be unhappy in the marriage... Niranjan says " I dont believe in all those things" affraid  Is that the same "Pooja and a million other ritual lover" Niranjan speaking? Well, we all know he is a big FAKE... but how come Anjali didnt know that? Assuming she swapped the kundali to stop the marriage ( just a theory though, we dont know how that came about... after all the protagonist's kundali's are supposed to be match made in heaven). 

Kalindi declared she had had enough and called off the wedding ... how much can this woman tolerate... finally she broke under pressure from Anjali who refused to introduce her to Angihotri guests because of her low status ( khaas ristadar nehi hai).Rolling Eyes 

Before you could say "phew, that's a lot of drama in 15 minutes"... BAAAMMMMM... shlok and Astha are married in a temple !!!!!! affraid ... That was one fast shotgun wedding... if you say where was the shot gun? no one was holding a gun to Shlok's head, right? well... there was... Astha had cornered Shlok to reveal his past with Swati... he slips the truth " my hurt is too deep, it hasn't filled yet" and most important slip.. "Astha, you have nothing to do with her" blurted along with his signature scrunching of eyebrows (oh we were missing those,... NOT) ! 

Clear as the sky... he wants to marry Astha cause he has an ulterior motive unrelated to Swati ( the land perhaps? or revenge on Anjali?... but definitely not for LOVE, so he thinks)! Naive Ashtha gets the whiff of the pathological secrecy and finally wakes up to break off the marriage... THAT was the shotgun... Shlok cannot let her walk away from his plans...Anjali, Kalindi all were against the marriage and finally Ashtha had succumbed to it... he tricks her saying " I'll tell you everything you want to know" and takes her inside the mandir to put "ek chutki sindoor" on her forehead and the deed is done. Ashtha was so dumbfounded that she couldn't resist ( also in her subconscious mind she is already Mrs. Shlok Agnihotri)!

This half baked wedding also clears the path for premarital suhaag raat, permissible by TRP aunties by that pinch of vermilion. Phangurls and critics.. get ready for more dhamaka and a second wedding ( in future)... I must breathe now... the episode sure didn't allow any room for breathing!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Shotgun wedding on IPK Ek Bar Phir

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-31, 05:29

nice write up Sabi, i don't know wat to say, mayb I should go back and watch the episode properly but i was bored, i have been all week with the episodes...

she has known Shlok how long? and doesn't even know him but she can't live without him already.. she really has made it difficult to sympathise with her... aastha at least has a name to go with swati whereas her mother doesnt even have that...

shlok seems worried... a bit restless...

aastha dreams of Shlok being there and comforting her...it was her dream and look at0the difference in expressions he actually looked sincere...is suppose that's how she imagines he looks wen she is being hugged by him....her dream sequence reminded me that she is living in a dream and she will wake up and b devastated...Shlok's words were also true...Aastha is in a lot of pain and her parents worries will b put aside seeing their happiness...wat wasn't said was that was a long way off..And that dream was enough to reassure Aastha and renew her confidence... silly girl...

Anjali rings the Pandit and says she has an urgent matter to talk to him about...

you know Aaji seems like more of a child then a matured adult who can make informed decisions...

oh boy taiji looks like a chudail... my they were all happy to c here... i don't get it she puts the dupatta up so it's on both shoulders...uh next scene wen sitting down the dupatta was back on one shoulders....

the Pandit says first they need to go take blessings from the temple and they just get up then and go... uh i wouldn't have listened to wat else needs to b done before getting up and going... but that's just me...

the Pandit tells Niranjan the marriage is doomed...y take him aside to tell him that?? normally it would be said in front of the family..but maaan liya I am taking to many bites out of your show.... so have the kundlia been changed, has the priest been bribed, is this wat Anjali rang him about before...Sabi this is a case where they can find the right kundlia could b found after or they could say even though the marriage may be cursed however God has willed it and therefore they will b happy after trials and tribulations...

you r so right Sabi the guy who is all about rituals doesn't care and believe in these things?? wonder if that was watching Anjali was relying on...anyway alarm bells ringing even more loudly...Avdhoot has clearly said he won't sign but Niranjan still has a plan up his sleeve to get it...

i just didn't get the logic and dialogue at the temple...she was fine in the house and all of a sudden she decides to confront him..wat a way to make sure get married to..

the MS and bangles Aastha shows Shlok...he seems to recognise them... so wat was with the dialogues from Aastha that I can't complete my love story from someone's incomplete love story..that I don't want to take someone else's right away... i don't want to start my life's most beautiful dream with the bad wishes of someone else and change that into reality... i am scratching my head at this... she doesn't know wat happened, whether she died, left so y say this at this stage...i just found it I'll fitting...

rishte ke neave?? I needed a laugh thanks....

yep shlok spoke the truth in anger...tellin dialogues of how he views aastha and his relationship... the past is like wound... the more u try and ferret the more you get hurt... my wounds have not healed as yet... and I dont want to show u the depth of my wounds..because u r not related to my wounds,..he has said it and still she doesn't recognise...

I'm tired of asking you?? u have been at it for less then 5minutes, at least you won't be a wife that nags constantly..you will shut up at some point...

she threatens to end the relationship again...i can't blame shlok..u turn left, u turn right.. u go down the middle and whichever way u go she is threatening to end the relationship and put a stop to the marriage...but she won't call it off wen her mother is talking a bit of sense... oh no... he does wat he has to to stop the constant threats... i wasn't far off wen I mentioned the temple for a wedding wen I saw Avinash's tweet.. one side u have the wedding about to take place and one side you have Anjali disrespecting Aastha's parents to try and get the married called of... they r not that special, important..oh well a bit to late...so shlok takes her inside the temple and she sees wat is coming but stays still for it... she had already given herself to him only the formality was request...but makes a mockery of her speech before...humare chahniye se bhi na tootay... and viola maang filled...and accepted that they r married...lets c if they complete the rest of the ritual or if that would be the excuse for a proper wedding...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-10-31, 11:28

Exactly y did Shlok put sindoor on Aastha?

Was it really a requirement of the story or they just wanted the "Mandir-sindoor seq" EBP?

Read that Slap will be also happening EBP, the only difference being Groom gets slapped instead of bride :P

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-31, 12:44

archie_79 wrote:Exactly y did Shlok put sindoor on Aastha?

Was it really a requirement of the story or they just wanted the "Mandir-sindoor seq" EBP?

Read that Slap will be also happening EBP, the only difference being Groom gets slapped instead of bride :P
shilpa it wasn't needed at this point..apart from the fact that Shlok got tired of being threatened nearly every day.. but they tried it for effect, on one hand u have Aastha's mother breaking the relation and on the other they r getting married...

lol Shilpa v r modern in this show, it's not all the girls fault here its the groom's so he gets slapped...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by archie_79 on 2013-10-31, 13:01

sarra0 wrote:

shilpa it wasn't needed at this point..apart from the fact that Shlok got tired of being threatened nearly every day.. but they tried it for effect, on one hand u have Aastha's mother breaking the relation and on the other they r getting married...

lol Shilpa v r modern in this show, it's not all the girls fault here its the groom's so he gets slapped...
I think Marriage has happened too early, even if its a hate/revenge marriage. I guess CVs ran out of ideas to make them meet each other, so the best option was marriage. And Aastha has the BIGGG JOB of reforming each & every member of the family too, that will taken up considerable time in the show, so its best she starts it pronto  :P

archie_79
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-10-31, 13:23

Nice Sabi.. it was one crazy episode.

Sarra, me too couldn't understand how Aastha constantly tells Shlok that she can't marry him but doesn't when her mother speaks sense.

The guruma like Taiji, complete with beatific smile.. still not sure whether she is really going to play a part. And I'm sure it was Anjali who told the Panditji to tell NA that the kundalis don't match .. did she expect him to throw up his hands and call everything off scratch 

Aastha is now in a position to say "ek chutki sindoor ki keemat tum kay jaano Shlok sir". Such an idiot.. simply can't believe that she stood there standing while he picked up the sindoor and put it on her. Why didn't she stop him? And how does this answer any of her questions? He said he will answer her and marries her confused  . 

Some of Shlok's hurt came forth and his statement that his past is a wound that is still raw should have been enough for Aastha to run as far away as she could.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-31, 13:52

archie_79 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

I think Marriage has happened too early, even if its a hate/revenge marriage. I guess CVs ran out of ideas to make them meet each other, so the best option was marriage. And Aastha has the BIGGG JOB of reforming each & every member of the family too, that will taken up considerable time in the show, so its best she starts it pronto  :P
shilpa it had mentioned before that the reasons they had given for them meeting was silly to begin with, and they would need to actually think of something if they were to continue meeting so they have got them married, and this can go two ways say for arguments sake the families don't accept it or not yet without all rituals them as Aastha and Shlok consider themselves married they can meet... creative job done the easiest way.. without creative thought...

oh God don't remind me i am expecting it to turn saas bahu now with the ever mahaan SP bahu ready to solve all ills..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-10-31, 14:14

slmu wrote:Nice Sabi.. it was one crazy episode.

Sarra, me too couldn't understand how Aastha constantly tells Shlok that she can't marry him but doesn't when her mother speaks sense.

The guruma like Taiji, complete with beatific smile.. still not sure whether she is really going to play a part. And I'm sure it was Anjali who told the Panditji to tell NA that the kundalis don't match .. did she expect him to throw up his hands and call everything off scratch 

Aastha is now in a position to say "ek chutki sindoor ki keemat tum kay jaano Shlok sir". Such an idiot.. simply can't believe that she stood there standing while he picked up the sindoor and put it on her. Why didn't she stop him? And how does this answer any of her questions? He said he will answer her and marries her confused  . 

Some of Shlok's hurt came forth and his statement that his past is a wound that is still raw should have been enough for Aastha to run as far away as she could.
I'm thinking wen she says them it's just a threat, a dhamki which she wouldn't really follow through on but like I child she says it and uses to try and get her way and also to get a reaction from shlok..whereas if she agreed with her mum its a permanent, the relationship would be broken with little way back...that's the only thing I can think of...very immature tho...

mayb sweet smile not so sweet soul...i don't know, wat can she add to the wedding? apart from more questions...if Anjali doesn't realise y Niranjan is for the marriage and doesn't know the end game she could have thought he would oppose it, him being so big on these rituals etc...

yep shanthi in the heat of the moment he reveals some actual feelings, thoughts and I found it unbelievable that she just stood there, didn't object, didn't try to walk or run away...lamb to use slaughter put her own head on the block...she doesn't get answers but he makes sure that she now can't run..and the dialogue to the Pandit was interesting...he is planning on staying married...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-10-31, 14:20

slmu wrote:Nice Sabi.. it was one crazy episode.

Aastha is now in a position to say "ek chutki sindoor ki keemat tum kay jaano Shlok sir". Such an idiot.. simply can't believe that she stood there standing while he picked up the sindoor and put it on her. Why didn't she stop him?
And how does this answer any of her questions? He said he will answer her and marries her confused  . 

Astha ke baare mein kuch math kahiye...such a pagal ladki....perfect bahu 4 the pagal house:sleep: 

I cant accept Astha's stand....Slok's side s justified sumhow as he is doing it 4 revenge

and we all knw Kundli's will be a perfect match ...it was anothet play by Anjali....but her son outsmarted her

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-10-31, 17:20

Jeez, You seem to have been battered  from one end to another ...  Party, insult, threat, force, lies, deceit , force, intimidation ,,,,You saw  it all and lived to tell the tale..YOU are a brave Indian Squaw !!!!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-10-31, 19:52

Thanks everyone for the wonderful discussion... After today's epi I've lost all hope of Astha.... She didn't even want to know about Swati anymore.... How andha can a girl be! Her brain has turned mush!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 16:04

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum