Latest topics

ILKDM #35 : The wake Up Call !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #35 : The wake Up Call !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-05, 11:52

This was a episode tailor made for heroism, The Heroic super hero  rescuing the damsel from the rigors of trial by fire; Jalal in all his regal majesty imperially commanding the Maulvi's to step back and passing the decree that Jodha Begum Shall not convert thereby earning the admiring sighs and swooning of the fandom at such a romantic/dashing/heroic gesture, It is to the everlasting credit of the creators that they refrained from such a tempting  option and stayed true to the course of the story rather than personality. What came out of this episode was the perspicacity,pragmatism and a certain low cunning of Jalal !

A Shaky , infant Kingdom does not require further revolt,Moreover a revolt that is brewed in their own backyard, It is of utmost importance that this revolt be contained  without antagonizing the participants  which Jalal tried to do but religion was a fire that would and could set the hearts of men aflame and  the fires burning in their inflamed hearts cannot be extinguished so easily , The fires demand appeasement and their price to burn itself out was Jodha's conversion Which Jalal categorically declines but  does not overrule  for there is always the caveat ,"UNLESS Jodha converts willingly". Like a true administrator, he does not let himself be overwhelmed by  a minor crisis , His suspicion is getting stronger and he is sure there is a mole within his own inner circle  and whom does he approach to sniff out this mole, not Maham nor Shareefuddin but it is to Atkha Khan he turns to.

Jalal for reasons best known to himself walks into Jodha's  Kaksh and is met with eyes reflecting various degree of hostility, anger and a certain stubbornness , While  Jodha  is  feeling like a sacrificial Goat  surrounded by slavering butcher's and hungry patrons, Knowing Jodha well and also reminding them that he is the ruler, quietly tells them off  , reminding the ladies of his word  again bringing up the addendum 'Jodha has to be willing convert"  buying Jodha some precious time, Sacrificial Goat or Mountain Goat, Any goat will rather prefer to jump off the highest cliff and take its chances rather than await its execution meekly, which is what Jodha does with alacrity, In the ensuing uneasy silence, Jodha states she will be guided by Ammi Jaan, In one master stroke, she quashes the hold of Maham and Ruqaiyya for Ammi Jaan is the second most powerful figure after King and her writ shall run second only to King  and  Jodha knows that Ammi Jaan is  bit of a broad minded liberal and quite favorably inclined to Jodha.

Hameeda quite predictably rules in favour of Jodha,  saying quite unambiguously that she shall not take advantage of Jodha's trust in her but was it  a purely altruistic reason that lead her to  such a decision , I do not think so  for she clearly says that the Kings words are aligned with the running of the Mughal Sultanat and should not be tampered with , Yes it was not  a pure noble purpose but was also allied with politics for once a king bowed to the Maulvis, he shall cease to be the overall head , The ruling figure  of the Awam , he shall turn into a figure head with the final arbitrary power resting with the Maulvis, THIS had to be stopped at any cost, The king had to be the ultimate in the power lineup , Hameeda knows this very well and hence throwing of her lot with Jodha..

Like Mother, Like Son (pardon the sex change)  .. Jalal proves himself to be the Son of Hameeda when he swiftly and smoothly names Rahim as the interim successor , Here is that  perspicacity and the low cunning  once again coming to the fore.. He indirectly places pressure on Jodha and by choosing Rahim as the interim King, he has not really abdicated his thrown but has become the powerful puppet master who shall rule with Rahim as the rubber stamp.. A feat which would not have been possible had he chosen his wafadar Behnoyi Sharifuddin or his  same Milk drunk brother Adham , One stroke which bares how much trust Jalal  places on his  so called most trusted lieutenants and one move where he is seen to be abdicating power without abdicating it at all!!

Yet Jalal has miles to travel before he can acquire the acumen that Hameeda displays  , He has settled for reiterating the oft repeated,  "My  promise cannot be rescinded at any cost " whereas Hameeda has set  things in motion by sending for Salim Chishti's messenger  and to buy time and keep the Maulvis in good humor has informed the court that Jodha shall convert to Islam  sending shock waves everywhere particularly into Jodha's  Heart. As Jodha prepares herself for conversion, Jalal sits grim faced, stoic for he knows very well that Jodha does not want to convert , does that impel him to intervene , No..Being the pragmatist, he knows that  Jodha's conversion is the panacea that will sooth the  Maulvis and by not forcing Jodha, his promise stands unmolested ..The silence continues until the arrival of Salim's messenger who brings in a wider perspective assuaging  the ruffled feathers of all, thwarting the gloating triumph of Maham and her cohorts  while sending a strong message  to Jodha that all religions have their basis in love .. Jodha who had virtually loathed  Mughals has got her wake up call , The wake up assumes wake up siren when Jalal calmly and quite coolly informs her that As a King and husband, he has complete control and command over her and he can make/break his promise any time, any place but HE has not done so for  a promise is a promise whatever the circumstance , indicating clearly  that it was not her fiery personality that was keeping him off  but rather his principles that was dictating his moves , offering a glimmer into the many facets  of Jalal ..Facets which are beginning to intrigue nd interest  Jodha.

To the many  readers who would wonder at the stubbornness of Jodha who refused to convert for the sake of her husband who has done so much for her , let us remember that this was 15th century.. Wars have been fought for lesser causes   but religion has always been one  lodestone that has triggered wars through the ages, Men  have lived and died for their religion, Religion is something of an identity for a man and when you try to rob a man off it, naturally the man will fight for it till  his last breath, There has been crusades of Templar, there has been wars between Shias and sunnis, Protestant and Catholics ,there has been vicious wars between Shaiva Kings and Vaishnava Kings..Jodha lived in such times where religion defined you, at a time when tradition, caste, dynasty mattered more than life itself .. Jalal was the rarity , a liberal much ahead of times ,broad minded enough to accept and honor all religions  while Jodha exemplified the thoughts and ideas of that century.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #35 : The wake Up Call !!

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-05, 12:18

Sathya, Super Duper post. 
I also felt that Jalal's shrewdness and cunning was brought out here. By naming Rahim as his successor, he clearly sends a message that he know that there are enemies withing Agra who want the throne and that as long as he is alive there is no chance of them getting the throne.
I hope his request to Atkha khan gets him the right culprit and not a scape goat. It would get boring if it did.Sleep 

Rajat was super in the Diwan - e khas scene..fast dialogue delivery, style and all. Rajat as Jalal is very stylish.

Looking forward to todays episode. :P

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-05, 12:47

Ggn_girl wrote:Sathya, Super Duper post. 
I also felt that Jalal's shrewdness and cunning was brought out here. By naming Rahim as his successor, he clearly sends a message that he know that there are enemies withing Agra who want the throne and that as long as he is alive there is no chance of them getting the throne.
I hope his request to Atkha khan gets him the right culprit and not a scape goat. It would get boring if it did.Sleep 

Rajat was super in the Diwan - e khas scene..fast dialogue delivery, style and all. Rajat as Jalal is very stylish.

Thank You, Vandhu :)

Deepavali Nalla mudinjadha

Yep, Vandhu..  He does not even trust his Badi ammi and  opts to have a child in his stead  as Rahim is under his patronage, a child and  therefore easily controllable ..That speaks of a shrewd and practical man who has seen  numerous traitors and betrayers.

Atkha Khan is murdered by Adham Khan in history which would imply that Atkha Khan does discover the truth  but will this truth be carried to Jalal or does Jalal remain ignorant is yet to be seen.

I swear Rajat makes Akbar one hell of a dishy guy and carries him off with required swagger, suave and thoughtfulness, I loved that glint of anger when he tells  Ruqaiyya that he and Jodha did share a Khema for the night:P :P :P  and even Lavina Tandons reaction was so  done well.. that jealosuy and hurt  and the shock, trying to mask it ..beautiful !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-05, 15:45

Tanthya wrote:

Yep, Vandhu..  He does not even trust his Badi ammi and  opts to have a child in his stead  as Rahim is under his patronage, a child and  therefore easily controllable ..That speaks of a shrewd and practical man who has seen  numerous traitors and betrayers.

Atkha Khan is murdered by Adham Khan in history which would imply that Atkha Khan does discover the truth  but will this truth be carried to Jalal or does Jalal remain ignorant is yet to be seen.

I swear Rajat makes Akbar one hell of a dishy guy and carries him off with required swagger, suave and thoughtfulness, I loved that glint of anger when he tells  Ruqaiyya that he and Jodha did share a Khema for the night:P :P :P  and even Lavina Tandons reaction was so  done well.. that jealosuy and hurt  and the shock, trying to mask it ..beautiful !!
Deepavalai nanna achu. been busy eating all the bakshanam. Kids will be back to school tom, and my real break will begin. :)

How was yours. we went green this year, no crackers and i felt very good.

I missed Ruks during the Amer drama. Glad that is over. Adham khan kills Atkha khan then, and is that why Jalal orders death for Adham. Will be interesting to see how it moves forward.

Jalal-Jodha friendship is coming up:bounce:  , will be interesting if the transition goes slowly. 
Ruks is jealous. I am wondering why Jalal stopped after saying that he and Jo spend the night in one Khema and left the rest to Ruks' imagination. 
Actors are Fab, all of them. 
Next couple weeks will be interesting.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-05, 16:05

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Deepavalai nanna achu. been busy eating all the bakshanam. Kids will be back to school tom, and my real break will begin. :)

How was yours. we went green this year, no crackers and i felt very good.

I missed Ruks during the Amer drama. Glad that is over. Adham khan kills Atkha khan then, and is that why Jalal orders death for Adham. Will be interesting to see how it moves forward.

Jalal-Jodha friendship is coming up:bounce:  , will be interesting if the transition goes slowly. 
Ruks is jealous. I am wondering why Jalal stopped after saying that he and Jo spend the night in one Khema and left the rest to Ruks' imagination. 
Actors are Fab, all of them. 
Next couple weeks will be interesting.
It surely is a nice feeling , I wish many practice it, we could barely breathe in our area, the smoke was heavy..

Yes, Adham Kills Atkha khan which angers Jalal who in a fit of fury orders that Adham should be thrown head first from the highest part of fort ..when he does not die in the first attempt, he orders the soldiers to bring Adham up and throw him down again until he dies ..

I agree, the friendship should proceed slowly.. So far Jalal has been the one who had been  curious and compromising .. I would like to see Jodha slowly beginning to learn the ropes of  Mughal  culture and  adopt to it too.. it has to be her growth as well as the progression of their friendship .. beech main , Maham will try to trip up their friendship and I hope it will stand the test.

Cuz he wanted her to think, they spent a night togther, he wanted to pay her back for her spying and lack of trust :P :P

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-05, 16:41

Awesome post Sathya ... How wonderful it is to read you yaara

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-05, 17:06

--sumana13-- wrote:Awesome post Sathya ... How wonderful it is to read you yaara
Thank You, Manu

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-05, 17:31

What a wonderful read.... How you bring out such nuggets from a 21 min show...I'll never know...but it makes my day. I particularly liked the last line... Yes, Jodha represent that era more than Jalal... I wonder if they will show the inception on din e Elahi. The prudent ways CVs have shown palace politics as well as the masnaad politics is really commendable... I haven't seen anything this good in a daily soap in recent times.

And... Religion... It still makes or breaks kingdom. How Jalal managed to appease various fractious religious groups is beyond me.... Not to mention the Mughals didnt even see eye to eye with the other prominent Muslim group, the Ottomans... What a brilliant man he was. 

Thanks for the great read again.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-11-05, 17:54

Fantastic tanthya

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonia1 on 2013-11-05, 18:52

Fabulous post Sathya Thumbsup 

Loved the wise words of Salim Chisti and looking forward to Jalal-Jodha garden banter......the beginning of a friendship hug1

sonia1
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-05, 18:56

Wonderful Tants !!! great insight ! cheers 

I just loved the way writers brought out this aspect of religion without much histronics. Yes Jalal was the shrewd best today and he has slowly drifted from Maham and considing more with Aftag  I do really hope Jodha sees how farsighted and broad minded Jalal is.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-11-05, 23:00

Loved reading u Tants..
Didn't get how Jalal put indirect pressure on Jodha by choosing Rahim as interim successor??

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-06, 17:15

Thank You, Sabi, Sonia, Riyya, Zu , Maria

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-06, 17:16

Maria J wrote:Loved reading u Tants..
Didn't get how Jalal put indirect pressure on Jodha by choosing Rahim as interim successor??
work on the guilty conscience  ...:) :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-11-06, 17:25

Tanthya wrote:
Maria J wrote:Loved reading u Tants..
work on the guilty conscience  ...:) :)
guilty for what?? She didn't do anything Question

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:18

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum