Latest topics

Hanging on thin strings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hanging on thin strings

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-07, 12:53

Normally, I’m never interested in TV serials. But Jodha Akbar was different. It has a terrific performer in the lead, a good ensemble, a strong storyline  and  a gripping pace. Shyamala Aunty’s posts were the special desserts served after each episode.

But oops....Everything (except Rajat’s charm and Shyamala Aunty’s wit) has gone on a downward spiral.

The tiger in the forest didn’t kill Jalal. But it has killed the serial.

Ever since that episode, the serial has gone off-track, the characters are not in sync with how they were presented earlier and there is total inconsistency  of proceedings(as is common in all silly serials).In fact a sense of lethargy has set in.

All that we are left with is a senselessly  arrogant  Jodha  whose selfish disdain of her husband’s feelings is detestable and a hopelessly  lovelorn  Shahenshah whose fascination for his proud-peacock begum is incomprehensible.

It is allright  if  Jalal does a Darcy... but Jodha certainly lacks Elizabeth’s grace in accepting his changes.  And what is undecipherable is that...... what has Jodha done or what new and splendid aspect of her has come to the fore that has changed the Shahenshah of Hindustan into a lovesick poodle? Maybe she did save his life with her lep but wasn’t she the one who got him into mortal danger in the first place?

Jalal, the Jallad was certainly better than  Jalal, the doormat(on which his self righteous Bhaashan Begum stomps superciliously). Whatever happened to his “Itni badi gustakhi aur itni chotti sazaa?”

Are these the same people who gave us episodes like 10, 31(the best so far), 40, 41, 52, 63, 76 and others?

If it goes on like this, not all of Rajat’s charm and brilliance can hold the viewer’s interests for long. Mine is already hanging on thin strings.

-Sandhya

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Hanging on thin strings

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-11-07, 12:57

Primary reason  -  CV team has changed , until they hit  their stride, there will be inconsistency in the characterization.

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-07, 12:59

Hello Sandhya ... thanks for your post my friend .... I am addicted to  Shyamala's deserts very much ... just like you ...
actually am still so much in love with Jodha, Jalal & Rukayyiya triangle that am yet to notice any changes  .. am loving how Jo is now falling for Jalal slowly and the last two episodes brought out the differences in feelings of Ruks n Jo towards the shehenshah .. and Jalal now knows why he is feeling for Jo .. 

but the spoilers !!....might ruin the love story ..yes ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by jarian28 on 2013-11-07, 13:12

No offense but why do people get judgmental only over jodha
Why should she be labelled selfish and arrogant
She never wanted to get married to jalal she was forced into this relationship and why should she accept jalal
Just because the male character is shown to be loving and caring there is no need for a women to accept her relationship and live with that person  at the drop of hat.She would have had her own dreams over her marriage why should she accept just because the guy is attracted to her.

She can take her own time to realize and accept her feelings
This is my pov

jarian28

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-07, 13:21

Has Jalal become a Door mat?? I do not agree with that summation ..He is growing..and any growth will ring in a change ..If he still continued to be the same taunting , sarcastic Jalal who took great pleasures in taking the mickey out of Jodha, where then is the growth in character, How will he become Akbar ??

As for Love story, Why do every love story have to be P & P ?? Why can't it be Wuthering heights?? Emma ?? Gone with the wind ?? or a combination of all ? Darcy was a bit of a snobbish fool IMO which Jalal is not .. while I see Heathcliff and Rhett I do not see any Darcy in Jalal ?? Once we come out of P & P loop and see JA as a story on its own right , then I guess we can appreciate it on its own terms..

I disagree with you on the fact that the serial has gone offtrack, it has not..It has zoomed in to Jalal - Jodha relationship while it has pulled back on the religion and its conflicts, which is a shrewd move on Ekta's part as religion is a utterly sensitive matter and can blow at any time, plus there is a gradual build up of Sharifuddin's impertinence and plotting ..JA has not begun to bore me yet is all I can say ..

Thank You, Sandhya for giving me a platform to spill out my views happily and in peace.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-11-07, 13:26

CVs are running with jet speed, they need to slow down...they have perfectly showed us the transformation of Jalal...I liked the way it is, i mean he was a ruthless warrior under bairam khan but after his death they showed him transforming into a manipulative politician...Jalal was showed a puppet king earlier, going back and forth according to BK and MA in court and ruqu in harem. He has changed for good and they perfectly showed the reason for his changed behaviour towards jodha after the suicide fiasco which I feel is very much genuine, he has the guilt for considering her a mere trophy. I have read a lot about the Emperor Akbar, he was a man of wisdom and this didn't happen overnight he had transformed himself and his vision on administration/religion/relationships to be able to rule the hearts of his praja. In my POV they are perfect with Jalals character. They have to show him a benevolent and secular king as the real Emperor was. 
   As for Jodha, they themselves are confused about her character then how on earth the actor will justify her role? They need to seriously pay attention to Jo and MA who are like as confused as the viewers...and true Jo does not have the grace of a rajput princess and is just a shrewd girl with neither political vision nor relationship values as she is still struggling with herself. As an elder daughter of a rajput clan it is senseless to show a character like hers. A true rajput princesses life cannot be only limited to her marital relation but they were trained and borned to rule with a dignity. Theres a fine line between dignity and ego which is missing in case of her. 
   Same goes for MA, she seems to be stuck between her two sons, a beloved one and a one whom she has given birth which is contradictory to her 'kaand' during the MC track. She did it for adham and now she thinks he is not yet suitable for a future king though she knows it will be her taking the political decisions if she succeeds to step down Jalal and Adham takes the place of an emperor but still she is manipulating her own son and dragging the matter. 
    If the CVs are still working on the characters then it is useless to have 100+ episodes of the serial, this should have been done long ago even before shooting for the serial. I just hope Ekta pays special attention to it...as she herself admitted she is yet to see the episodes of JA in an interview, only she can point out the flaws to CVs and bring it back to the track.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-07, 13:43

jarian28 wrote:No offense but why do people get judgmental only over jodha
She never wanted to get married to jalal she was forced into this relationship and why should she accept jalal
Just because the male character is shown to be loving and caring there is no need for a women to accept her relationship and live with that person  at the drop of hat.She would have had her own dreams over her marriage why should she accept just because the guy is attracted to her.

This is my pov
I think it is the way Jodha is represented ..She is presented as a petulant girl,whimsical and Superficial, there is a lack of depth for despite she being courteous, loving towards Salima, Hameeda and Bakshi,, inspite of her whole heartedly accepting Rahim as her Son.. her character does not make a dent in the perception with this traits.. Either Paridhi has failed to fully bring out the essence of Jodha or the CV are struggling ..When we compare Jodha of Telly wood with Jodha of Bollywood.. then the Bollywood Jodha  was full of dignity,reticence, quiet strength and a power , Jalal recognized this and his respect and  acceptance made sense whereas the Tellywood Jodha fails to bring out this features to the table

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lalsunvid on 2013-11-07, 13:52

Tanthya wrote:

This is my pov
I think it is the way Jodha is represented ..She is presented as a petulant girl,whimsical and Superficial, there is a lack of depth for despite she being courteous, loving towards Salima, Hameeda and Bakshi,, inspite of her whole heartedly accepting Rahim as her Son.. her character does not make a dent in the perception with this traits.. Either Paridhi has failed to fully bring out the essence of Jodha or the CV are struggling ..When we compare Jodha of Telly wood with Jodha of Bollywood.. then the Bollywood Jodha  was full of dignity,reticence, quiet strength and a power , Jalal recognized this and his respect and  acceptance made sense whereas the Tellywood Jodha fails to bring out this features to the table
You are correct Tants....its on both...Paridi and CV's ....both should get consistent in thier respective roles....

lalsunvid
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-07, 14:02

Hi Sandhya the characterisations has to be fine tuned...and yes the portrayal of attraction between Jodha and Jalal are not upto the mark.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-07, 14:03

lalsunvid wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

This is my pov
You are correct Tants....its on both...Paridi and CV's ....both should get consistent in thier respective roles....
Right on, Vidya ... Hence it makes no connect with us when Jalal goes into raptures about  Jodha ..for  when u look at it dispassionately Ruqaiyya comes as stronger character and a intelligent character than Jodha

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by lalsunvid on 2013-11-07, 14:12

Tanthya wrote:
lalsunvid wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

This is my pov
Right on, Vidya ... Hence it makes no connect with us when Jalal goes into raptures about  Jodha ..for  when u look at it dispassionately Ruqaiyya comes as stronger character and a intelligent character than Jodha
Ruqs and the villain Shams are shown with the intended roles.... infact Jodha's role is also good...but now not getting into the elegant mould where she starts to look beyond Jalal's pride.... He is a king...and defnly should have that pride and ego on top.... and subtely show his softer side....

lalsunvid
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-07, 14:28

lalsunvid wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
lalsunvid wrote:
Tanthya wrote:I think it is the way Jodha is represented ..She is presented as a petulant girl,whimsical and Superficial, there is a lack of depth for despite she being courteous, loving towards Salima, Hameeda and Bakshi,, inspite of her whole heartedly accepting Rahim as her Son.. her character does not make a dent in the perception with this traits.. Either Paridhi has failed to fully bring out the essence of Jodha or the CV are struggling ..When we compare Jodha of Telly wood with Jodha of Bollywood.. then the Bollywood Jodha  was full of dignity,reticence, quiet strength and a power , Jalal recognized this and his respect and  acceptance made sense whereas the Tellywood Jodha fails to bring out this features to the table
Ruqs and the villain Shams are shown with the intended roles.... infact Jodha's role is also good...but now not getting into the elegant mould where she starts to look beyond Jalal's pride.... He is a king...and defnly should have that pride and ego on top.... and subtely show his softer side....
The broad brief is good , I liked her reaction when she refuses to get the anklets tied to her by Jalal but then  her   venting out to Sharifuddin  seemed quite foolish * uncharacteristic to the supposedly intelligent girl* 

Second her pride  is coming across as arrogance , that subtle difference has to be made .

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-07, 14:37

Her pride is coming across as arrogance.. Exactly Tanthya. The CV's are so stuck in her TOUCH ME NOT frame of mind that the whole focus seems to be on when she is going to let Jalal bed her. Seriously? Rajat is an actor par excellance and he seems to carry every scene in which he is present with élan. Will not say the same of Paridhi. I see that the reasons are 2 fold. Rajat and Paridhi are said to have cold vibes off screen..it may be translating into their joint appearances on screen..it looks like there is an effort being made to pull those scenes together. You don't find the same between Lavina and rajat. They are at so much ease with each other and it shows on screen as well..take for example the bathing scene of yesterday. The CV's have done a good job with Jalal's dialogues and characterisation. His growth as an emperor, a human being is very clearly visible between episodes 40 thru the present.. Not the same with Jodha.. She is still stuck.. Same Grina! same do not touch me thingi! same ego.. Nothing has changed. Something is definitely missing there

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-07, 16:17

Manasvi wrote:Her pride is coming across as arrogance.. Exactly Tanthya. The CV's are so stuck in her TOUCH ME NOT frame of mind that the whole focus seems to be on when she is going to let Jalal bed her. Seriously?  Rajat is an actor par excellance and he seems to carry every scene in which he is present with élan. Will not say the same of Paridhi. I see that the reasons are 2 fold. Rajat and Paridhi are said to have cold vibes off screen..it may be translating into their joint appearances on screen..it looks like there is an effort being made to pull those scenes together. You don't find the same between Lavina and rajat. They are at so much ease with each other and it shows on screen as well..take for example the bathing scene of yesterday. The CV's have done a good job with Jalal's dialogues and characterisation. His growth as an emperor, a human being is very clearly visible between episodes 40 thru the present.. Not the same with Jodha.. She is still stuck.. Same Grina! same do not touch me thingi! same ego.. Nothing has changed. Something is definitely missing there
I agree, bedding seems to be assuming  great importance .. Plus they have to reduce the break neck speed and take it bit slow , the change seemed to happen overnight . The cast are good and act well including tht  fat cook of Amer but Jodha is a bit of let down.Paridhi's expression are good but the dialogs do not substantiate her stand nor make any sense or impact , Any change that happens with Jodha is not brought out well .. Her scenes need bit of build up too .

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 15:44

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum