Latest topics

Jalal - Smaart Bwoy!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jalal - Smaart Bwoy!

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-09, 16:11

He sure is being extra clever – or definitely trying to be.
Thou Shalt Celebrate Thine Saalgirah

It is as though Jalal wanted to celebrate Jodha's birthday but he knows Jodha doesn't want it. So he involves one person whom Jodha cannot refuse, and that is Ammi Jaan.

It becomes easier to convince Jodha when he removes himself from the picture of the people who initiated the birthday celebrations. It simply needed one statement -
'I hope you would not refuse Ammi Jaan's wish...'
He knows she would not!

In addition, it also becomes easy to tell Ruqu that Ammi Jaan wants to celebrate it...

As far as Ruqu is concerned - like I said on another thread - For a change it didn't look like Ruqu controlling Jalal's mind, but quite the other way round. All the right words and gestures to get Ruqu to sing to his tunes again.

The fact that Jalal didn't remember the gift kind of proves his theory to Ruqu that all the celebration was Ammi Jaan's idea. He's coolly keeping it from Ruqu that it was 'him' who 'told' Ammi Jaan that it was Jodha's birthday.

He's still playing the game...

The Game

Ahh... so what is Jalal's game?

The picture looks pretty rosy, looking at Jalal's changed behavior towards Jodha.

However, it wasn't until the night he turned up to hear her sing that it seemed kinda... deja vu.

When Jalal married Jodha - he tried to humiliate her in public in various ways: getting her to sing in the court, getting her to cook for him, getting her to play chess with Ruqu and to get her defeated....

The same series of events is happening again... Except earlier it was Jalal's Dimaag working - and now, it is, apparently, Jalal's Dil working.

She's cooked for him because he kept his word to her. She sang for him when he came around and so-to-speak punished her. He's even invited her to play with him.

It reminded me of his statement to Ruqu - Dekhte hain, dil jeetega ya dimaag.

While Jalal does not look as though he's being dishonest with Jodha, yet - Jalal has been unpredictable.

On one hand, he's gotten himself into Jodha's good books, all of it is a lot of effort, yes, - such that now Jodha tells Ruqu with pride - 'I trust that he would not break his promise with me until I say so.'

On the other, he was very quick to calm Ruqu down, and though he provides her no explanation of his lie except 'humne mazaak kiya tha', it seems he really wants her to be calm and not jump on Jodha's birthday celebrations.

If Jalal is playing a game with Jodha, he's not even involving his usual players - Ruqu and Maaham in it. I really want now that Jodha would've gone to play with Jalal.

The Necklace Gift...

Like Jalal said – Ruqu is not khaas because she's his friend, but because she deserves it and no one compares with her on this front, which is why no one can ever take her place, not even Jodha. This is something he’s told Jodha too and he’s told Ruqu that he’s told Jodha…

It's made Ruqu give away the necklace more so because the gift from Jalal should look like it's come from a king -- and that she'd be prideful once more that 1. she reminded him of the gift, which he didn't think of (which boosts her pride). and 2. that it is 'her' necklace that she's passed on, as tho to a lesser begum.

But whether Jalal would use it is another matter. I'm not sure if he heard what Jodha said about his ideas of gifts considering his thinking - but even if he has not, Jalal knows that riches do not hold value for Jodha.

His expression on being asked of the gift or after seeing the necklace was of - 'Oops! I forgot an important detail' for which he is prompt to thank Ruqu by telling her that this is why she is Khaas, as she thinks of everything.

It may not be a wonder if he does choose to gift her something else.

All in all….
It somehow looks that either Jalal holds Ruqu and Jodha in different places in his life, which is, but, natural and proper way of things, and he wants it to be clear that neither can take the other's place. Ruqu rules over his mind and Jodha is gently getting into his heart ....

Or.... Jalal is being a very clever bwoy right now - having his cake and eating it too!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Jalal - Smaart Bwoy!

Post by shreya26 on 2013-11-09, 16:25

Really nice post!!
i agree with u... even though jalal says he doesnt understand the women in his life, he sure knows how to handle them all... Ruku with years of experience nd jodha with the trial and error method...

shreya26

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-09, 19:13

shreya26 wrote:Really nice post!!
i agree with u... even though jalal says he doesnt understand the women in his life, he sure knows how to handle them all... Ruku with years of experience nd jodha with the trial and error method...
Thank you, buddy! Yup... until he's handled both well... he's just fortunate that Salema doesn't bother him or demand his attention or hate him... she lets him be. LOL

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:28

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum