Latest topics

ILKDM#36 - Cuckolded Husband !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM#36 - Cuckolded Husband !

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-13, 14:52

An episode that was full on fury and less on meat .The whole kingdom rejoices at the impending arrival of a prince except the Prince's very own Papa n Mamma ..Odd circumstance one might say but not when it thrust on viewers that while one thinks that he has been cuckolded, the other thinks it is the  memento of R*pe, well if traditional and mythological stories are any indicator ,then children's have been discarded for lesser reason so the  unhappiness of Jodha does not seem unrealistic.. nor does the impotent fury of Jalal who can neither swallow the bitter  lep nor throw it out !

Coming to the episode, The episodes was  Shahi stamped with Rajat's performance all over , his barely restrained fury, the quick alertness coming in his eyes  when Jodha accuses him of breaking his vow, the projecting of his own thoughts and words on the hapless couple ,subsequent harsh punishment as well as the half hearted  smile denoting pleasure,The haughty arrogance when he has to present the All is well front!  Rajat underwent the whole gamut effortlessly , Next would be Lavina Tandon who did not have much to do  yet made us take a bow at Ruqaiyya's character ..True!! people can say that  it was not Lavina but  the  script/screenplay writer who were responsible but in my defense let me say, unless a actor understands and delivers effectively even a best written scene can fall flat  which is what is happening with the scenes involving Jodha. The confrontational scene between Jodha and Jalal should have been the highlight , should have brought out the indignity suffered by the princess , should have showcased  the anguish that she is going through Alas, it was least effective for neither did Paridhi's voice carry the outrage nor the confusion and repugnance she is feeling..  there was  an attempt to be angry which did not come off well nor was there any feeling of strength emanating from her .. Part of the problem could be  the way Paridhi utters her dialogue .. emphasis on Iccha rather than on Virudhh while the emphasis on Iccha conveys a selfish indulgence , the emphasis on Viruddh would have conveyed  trespassing and violation of rights which could have  garnered some sympathy for Jodha but what is happening now is Jodha is actually coming across as a self pitying, self centered, moaning about her lot woman and not as a warrior princess whose dignity has been violated without her permission and one who ought to be coldly angry and distant as well as keening for her loss ! Paridhi has to step up ..possessing a sweet voice is not enough, one needs to work on the sweetness factor and bring out the subtle differences to make a effective Jodha , one on whom we can empathize instantly.

Hamari ManBhang Hua, I  have been touched without my permission, The King has broken his promise , This baby is not made from love... 4 statements repeated  like a stuck tape -recorder will not amplify the sympathy but will definitely drive the irritation a notch higher..  Fine, R*pe is something that should be brutally condemned  esp the marital R*pe..I am agreeable to this sentiment and concur with the objection, yes a Man should NOT touch a woman until she permits him too ,, but Heyy !!! Can we have a bit of context..this is 15th century where the rights of women were non existent and they were considered piece of goods that could be bartered for gold,kingdom or some such commercial purpose .. Women were not expected to  have any wish of their own or desires of their own ( which was why there were several invisible manipulation and powerplays happening in those times)  In that context Jodha's constant lamentation of feeling  'maanbhanged' sounds unreal for it was expected that once u are married, u are expected to bed the husband, ur  wishes and conditions be damned ..The  'Maanbhanged' theme would find more resonance had it been set in contemporary milieu but not for that era.

Being cuckolded has not been new to Jalal, he has had it done to him before too , at that time he was all for beheading the woman until Hameeda intervenes and preaches about love , In other words, Jalal at that point of time had no inhibitions in showing himself as being cuckolded , he was least bothered that he might become laughing stock of the awam or of his own  court , yet now he is brazening it out, gritting his teeth , putting up with all the wishes with a grimace tht one should construe as a smile !!  One word , One line ' The baby is not mine ' would deliver him of his misery , would put Jodha in a spot, would start a head hunt culminating with the culprit or scapegoat  yet Jalal never does so, Why?? was it bec he is afraid  of Amer's wrath.. Obviously not, since he had no hesitation while imprisoning  Jodha in a isolation room and  sending her brothers to kill a would be  BIL,  WHY ?? is it bec of loss of face..but Jalal has never cared for his own loss of face as proven when he openly declared that one of his concubine had cheated .. does Jodha being a wife warrant that secrecy..I do  not think so .  So why the silence on Jalal's part ??

Trust !!! Jalal had slowly begun to trust Jodha , She was the first  person whom Jalal had begun to trust apart from his inner circle, he went out of,  the first person he had begun to admire and respect , He had gone out of the way to bring a smile  on her face, to make her stay comfortable,  theirs was a relationship of equals, of partners .. one where  things were not kept a secret, everything was open  and declared right down to Jodha's hatred for him, Neither did Jodha sugar coat anything for his benefit.. not even when he asks whether she,Jodha has begun to care for him, to which the truthful Jodha replies that she loves her father and cares a tuppence for him..Living amongst  a set of fawning courtiers,sycophants and queens who bent themselves backwards to please him , Jodha was a refreshing change.. a woman who  never kept him in the dark about her intentions, her feelings her thoughts (solicited or unsolicited ) yet today he finds himself at a point where Jodha is painted as a liar, a deceiver, a sham, one who blindsided him ..it is something he is unable to accept for acceptance would mean his defeat, nor can he let go for that would mean, her victory !!  How will Jalal extricate his teetering trust, find the truth, expose the culprit , rebuild his relationship with Jodha ??  even more importantly , how will the status quo be restored between his childhood friend and himself ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM#36 - Cuckolded Husband !

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-13, 15:31

Loved it Sathu......

Rajat was mind blowing yday......my heart goes out to him ....and yes...ur so right about Paridhi.....felt like putting on earplugs when she was questioning Jalal...in her screeching voice.......her jawaab dijiye was so hoolow while Rajat's aap jaiye was OO la laa.....

Ruks is grey and thankfully CVs have not butchered it in the show.....loved LT in both the scenes for the first time.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-13, 16:05

Super Post.

Jodha ki naseed bohut achi hai, In my opinion.
A pampered princess who was not reprimanded for crossing the threshold of the house, treated if not better than the sons , definitely equal..she has almost had her way. so her outburst was natural. Also, she had begun to trust Jalal as well.

Although i pity Jalal, 1 step forward , 5 steps back..lets see how he comes out of this.

I have lost hope about the actual culprit being found in  this serial:affraid: . It is always some scapegoat or other. Lets see how it goes.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-11-13, 16:26

Wow superbly written meri jaan !!!!

Agree tat it was jalal day and so did Rajats .. what brilliant performance

Ruks loved her and Cvs maintained her character well..

Jodha I agree with what all tants said.. it is not 21centaury in show but 15 th .. in this context I guess  ektha forgot that its 15 but instead thinking about mahila morcha,  happened the mistake

Like the other soap heroines here too jodha preaching  about giving man…. samman……

I too agree paridhi lacks some where esp when he cries I feel like LOL when she says `Kyon Mothi kyon and the Man Bhang part ….

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-13, 16:27

Tants awesome!

I seriously loved Ruqs characterisation...she doesnt want to harm another mother...Respect! cheers 

And ur bang on Jalal has started to trust Jodha thats why he is holding back. He is taking time to understand what is happening...isnt jumping to conclusions which I am happy..he is learning!!!

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-13, 16:43

pollyanna wrote:Loved it Sathu......

Rajat was mind blowing yday......my heart goes out to him ....and yes...ur so right about Paridhi.....felt like putting on earplugs when she was questioning Jalal...in her screeching voice.......her jawaab dijiye was so hoolow while Rajat's aap jaiye was OO la laa.....

Ruks is grey and thankfully CVs have not butchered it in the show.....loved LT in both the scenes for the first time.
Thank You, Pallo

He totally was ,  loved all his reactions except that blood shot eyes that happens during sword fighting .. photoshopping is good , computr graphics is good but not when the effect makes it seem as if Jalal is  in Twilight  out on a hunt for blood  * Anne rice  readers will  understand what I am saying*

Yes, from few days I feel Paridhi has hit a plateau , her portrayal does not ring in conviction  as Ruqaiyya or even as that of Resham ..I just wish, she gets back in her stride again..

I normally have liked Lavina more than Smiley . Lavina  has the knack of  getting a reaction from viewer's..be it anger, hate, dislike .. that is the asli agmark of good acting..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-13, 17:01

Ggn_girl wrote:Super Post.

A pampered princess who was not reprimanded for crossing the threshold of the house, treated if not better than the sons , definitely equal..she has almost had her way. so her outburst was natural. Also, she had begun to trust Jalal as well.

Although i pity Jalal, 1 step forward , 5 steps back..lets see how he comes out of this.

I have lost hope about the actual culprit being found in  this serial:affraid: . It is always some scapegoat or other. Lets see how it goes.
Thank You, Vandhu

Jodha's anger is valid at the betrayal but her choice of word is not, ManBhang would have been alright  had she been  unwed  but Jalal is her husband, chosen and wedded acc to tradition , so her constant  chant of Manbhang does not lend itself to credibility ( keeping in view the Akbar era)  My ire is not on Jodha but on how Paridhi is bringing out Jodha, I realized the difference when I saw Aishwarya's Jodha and  paridhi's  last week end .. ZJA   has an indulgent, slightly immature  Jodha while AJA jad a dignified and strong Jodha.. she made her points without having to howl..

The way they are showing bakshi, I guess Jalal will come to know but will refrain from any action for Bakshi's sake,

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-13, 17:18

Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

Jodha's anger is valid at the betrayal but her choice of word is not, ManBhang would have been alright  had she been  unwed  but Jalal is her husband, chosen and wedded acc to tradition , so her constant  chant of Manbhang does not lend itself to credibility ( keeping in view the Akbar era)  My ire is not on Jodha but on how Paridhi is bringing out Jodha, I realized the difference when I saw Aishwarya's Jodha and  paridhi's  last week end .. ZJA   has an indulgent, slightly immature  Jodha while AJA jad a dignified and strong Jodha.. she made her points without having to howl..

The way they are showing bakshi, I guess Jalal will come to know but will refrain from any action for Bakshi's sake,
Hmm..Paridhi has been a little off. I suppose director was too focused on other acotors. I did not like aishwarya as jodha . She had grace, but no expressions. 
Howling is kind of a norm in serials now. Trp ke liye.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by shreya26 on 2013-11-13, 17:57

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

Hmm..Paridhi has been a little off. I suppose director was too focused on other acotors. I did not like aishwarya as jodha . She had grace, but no expressions. 
@Bold: Thats exactly how i feel!! Everyone is going around, comparing paridhi with aishwarya..... I found paridhi better, even though sometimes she may have her off-days... Paridhi must do as told... And i think she has really improved over the past few months...

shreya26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-13, 18:02

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

Yes, Paridhi has been of from the Khema return , firing now and then..loved her in Taali sharing  but hereshe not being effective and it becomes glaringly obvious when  others are on fire ..

I have never liked Aishwarya , consider her a wooden doll..but in Jodha, she was good.. the sword scene, the lunch scene, the I will not come to Agra scene  or the final broken bhaiyya wen she sees a dying Sujammal.. her performance was understated and effective  while Paridhi's recent ones are coming weak and vapid..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-13, 18:06

shreya26 wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

@Bold: Thats exactly how i feel!! Everyone is going around, comparing paridhi with aishwarya..... I found paridhi better, even though sometimes she may have her off-days... Paridhi must do as told... And i think she has really improved over the past few months...
Paridhi IS better in terms of acting but she has been off for a while now with flashes of her original ability now and then , I would  want to see that ability back on track ..and yeah, She has really improved by leaps and bounds .

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-13, 18:31

'Tis true.... Jalal has LOT to do and a LOT to go through. Looking forward to Jalal be the king he is born to be

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-13, 19:32

Tanthya .... Awesome analysis... Ruks was excellent. My mom says " he makes a better Jalal than Hritick Roshan" :P ... She is 65 and absolute TRP auntie. Rajat has won the heart of TRP Janta as well as Phangurls. Kudos to him!

WHY didn't he expose jodha? Loved your analysis of it... Trust! And there is another angle to it... He had fallen for Jodha ( remember his lie to Ruks which sounded like a confession and his soliloquies regarding why he wants to please Amerites and Amer princess?) ... He thought he was winning her heart too... She was warming upto him... And suddenly he realizes she never liked him, no possibility of her ever loving him, she has a lover!
The broken kid Jalal wanted love and he got betrayal instead from the one he wanted "love" the most... He is still in shock... Let's see what today brings! Thanks for the wonderful analysis again.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-11-14, 12:36

Thumbsup loved it

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-14, 12:42

shreya26 wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

Hi Shreya,
Comparison is inevitable. It really was a magnum opus. The quality of the movie was unparallel. I haven't really watched any recent movies like that.
I liked the total package. To me, Paridhi actually looks tired and worn out. May be she needs a break .

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-14, 12:46

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Thank You, Vandhu

Yes, Paridhi has been of from the Khema return , firing now and then..loved her in Taali sharing  but hereshe not being effective and it becomes glaringly obvious when  others are on fire ..

I have never liked Aishwarya , consider her a wooden doll..but in Jodha, she was good.. the sword scene, the lunch scene, the I will not come to Agra scene  or the final broken bhaiyya wen she sees a dying Sujammal.. her performance was understated and effective  while Paridhi's recent ones are coming weak and vapid..
The feel of the movie was excellent. I suppose credit goes to Ashutosh for Ash being able to deliver the way she did. 
I still have hopes on Paridhi, she will bounce back.bounce

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-14, 12:47

Ggn_girl wrote:
shreya26 wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Thank You, Vandhu

Hi Shreya,
Comparison is inevitable. It really was a magnum opus. The quality of the movie was unparallel. I haven't really watched any recent movies like that.
I liked the total package. To me, Paridhi actually looks tired and worn out. May be she needs a break .
She was good y'day though and I loved Ashwini's expressions ..she can convey without uttering a single thing:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-14, 12:50

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:Thank You, Vandhu

The feel of the movie was excellent. I suppose credit goes to Ashutosh for Ash being able to deliver the way she did. 
I still have hopes on Paridhi, she will bounce back.bounce
True !! it was Regal, restrained and less on emotional , Ashutosh did work wonders with everyone , not just HR and Ash .. even Saadri Adasi Saab was good ..:)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-14, 13:27

Lookup any website for the 10 greatest rulers ever and Akbar shows up in the top 10 list. It saddens me that Ekta kapoor has reduced his character to one constantly juggling or trying to please his shahi begums. Akbar and jodha have been made characters of her saas bahu serials. Akbar and Jodha must be spinning in their graves with all the chapter assassination being done. Evesdropping, backstabbing, poisoning, suicide, infidelity, adultery are all her trademark techniques to gain TRP's and it is disheartening to see that being adopted in a historical. Back in high school, Mughal empire and Akbar used to be my favorite historical figure. Rajat's acting is THE reason why I am watching this show besides the reason that Akbar is and was my favorite historical figure. Ekta, please stop feeding us this nonsense and let us see the real Akbar who used to sleep for hardly 3 hrs daily, the Akbar who was loved by all his people, the Akbar who had secular views and whose liberal religious policies made him the peoples Shehenshah, the Akbar whose live of the arts and culture has given us so many beautiful monuments in and around Agra and Delhi..a good dose of love and tenderness with Jodha is welcome.. But please spare us this stupid pregnancy track. Let us honor and respect the historical figure for who he was and not reduce him to a character in a 21st century saas bahu soap.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-11-14, 13:59

Tanthya wrote:An episode that was full on fury and less on meat .The whole kingdom rejoices at the impending arrival of a prince except the Prince's very own Papa n Mamma ..Odd circumstance one might say but not when it thrust on viewers that while one thinks that he has been cuckolded, the other thinks it is the  memento of R*pe, well if traditional and mythological stories are any indicator ,then children's have been discarded for lesser reason so the  unhappiness of Jodha does not seem unrealistic.. nor does the impotent fury of Jalal who can neither swallow the bitter  lep nor throw it out !
stupid story-line in my honest opinion... but got to admit, quite possible... especially in those days
Coming to the episode, The episodes was  Shahi stamped with Rajat's performance all over , his barely restrained fury, the quick alertness coming in his eyes  when Jodha accuses him of breaking his vow, the projecting of his own thoughts and words on the hapless couple ,subsequent harsh punishment as well as the half hearted  smile denoting pleasure,The haughty arrogance when he has to present the All is well front!  Rajat underwent the whole gamut effortlessly , Next would be Lavina Tandon who did not have much to do  yet made us take a bow at Ruqaiyya's character ..True!! people can say that  it was not Lavina but  the  script/screenplay writer who were responsible but in my defense let me say, unless a actor understands and delivers effectively even a best written scene can fall flat  which is what is happening with the scenes involving Jodha. The confrontational scene between Jodha and Jalal should have been the highlight , should have brought out the indignity suffered by the princess , should have showcased  the anguish that she is going through Alas, it was least effective for neither did Paridhi's voice carry the outrage nor the confusion and repugnance she is feeling..  there was  an attempt to be angry which did not come off well nor was there any feeling of strength emanating from her .. Part of the problem could be  the way Paridhi utters her dialogue .. emphasis on Iccha rather than on Virudhh while the emphasis on Iccha conveys a selfish indulgence , the emphasis on Viruddh would have conveyed  trespassing and violation of rights which could have  garnered some sympathy for Jodha but what is happening now is Jodha is actually coming across as a self pitying, self centered, moaning about her lot woman and not as a warrior princess whose dignity has been violated without her permission and one who ought to be coldly angry and distant as well as keening for her loss ! Paridhi has to step up ..possessing a sweet voice is not enough, one needs to work on the sweetness factor and bring out the subtle differences to make a effective Jodha , one on whom we can empathize instantly.

Agree with you, on all points... Rajat was superlative! But I still love Ruqs more! in fact all her scenes with Jalal and that Thappad to Hoshiyar! I also loved that she is a graceful loser... and THAT and that alone makes her a winner!
Jodha is a DUD, if ever I saw a Dud, it is her!

Hamari ManBhang Hua, I  have been touched without my permission, The King has broken his promise , This baby is not made from love... 4 statements repeated  like a stuck tape -recorder will not amplify the sympathy but will definitely drive the irritation a notch higher..  Fine, R*pe is something that should be brutally condemned  esp the marital R*pe..I am agreeable to this sentiment and concur with the objection, yes a Man should NOT touch a woman until she permits him too ,, but Heyy !!! Can we have a bit of context..this is 15th century where the rights of women were non existent and they were considered piece of goods that could be bartered for gold,kingdom or some such commercial purpose .. Women were not expected to  have any wish of their own or desires of their own ( which was why there were several invisible manipulation and powerplays happening in those times)  In that context Jodha's constant lamentation of feeling  'maanbhanged' sounds unreal for it was expected that once u are married, u are expected to bed the husband, ur  wishes and conditions be damned ..The  'Maanbhanged' theme would find more resonance had it been set in contemporary milieu but not for that era.

exactly! forget the bygone era! I think, till recently, the Indian law specified that a spouse cannot be denied his/ her conjugal rights. and Jodha's idiotic lament made me want to scream. Of course, she should NOT be touched without permission... and in modern times, no self-respecting woman would like it! But the times have to be considered... those were indeed difficult times for women... and Jodha would have been aware of it! She would not have liked it... but she would not be so piteously whiningly vociferous either! Bang on, about that broken record comment... not just this, fairly everything about Jodha is a broken record! In my opinion, she is a dead bore!

Being cuckolded has not been new to Jalal, he has had it done to him before too , at that time he was all for beheading the woman until Hameeda intervenes and preaches about love , In other words, Jalal at that point of time had no inhibitions in showing himself as being cuckolded , he was least bothered that he might become laughing stock of the awam or of his own  court , yet now he is brazening it out, gritting his teeth , putting up with all the wishes with a grimace tht one should construe as a smile !!  One word , One line ' The baby is not mine ' would deliver him of his misery , would put Jodha in a spot, would start a head hunt culminating with the culprit or scapegoat  yet Jalal never does so, Why?? was it bec he is afraid  of Amer's wrath.. Obviously not, since he had no hesitation while imprisoning  Jodha in a isolation room and  sending her brothers to kill a would be  BIL,  WHY ?? is it bec of loss of face..but Jalal has never cared for his own loss of face as proven when he openly declared that one of his concubine had cheated .. does Jodha being a wife warrant that secrecy..I do  not think so .  So why the silence on Jalal's part ??

Trust !!! Jalal had slowly begun to trust Jodha , She was the first  person whom Jalal had begun to trust apart from his inner circle, he went out of,  the first person he had begun to admire and respect , He had gone out of the way to bring a smile  on her face, to make her stay comfortable,  theirs was a relationship of equals, of partners .. one where  things were not kept a secret, everything was open  and declared right down to Jodha's hatred for him, Neither did Jodha sugar coat anything for his benefit.. not even when he asks whether she,Jodha has begun to care for him, to which the truthful Jodha replies that she loves her father and cares a tuppence for him..Living amongst  a set of fawning courtiers,sycophants and queens who bent themselves backwards to please him , Jodha was a refreshing change.. a woman who  never kept him in the dark about her intentions, her feelings her thoughts (solicited or unsolicited ) yet today he finds himself at a point where Jodha is painted as a liar, a deceiver, a sham, one who blindsided him ..it is something he is unable to accept for acceptance would mean his defeat, nor can he let go for that would mean, her victory !!  How will Jalal extricate his teetering trust, find the truth, expose the culprit , rebuild his relationship with Jodha ??  even more importantly , how will the status quo be restored between his childhood friend and himself ??
all in all JA is beginning to lose its charm!
shame... because I like watching both Lavinia and Maham

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:33

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum