Latest topics

Balancing the Scales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Balancing the Scales

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 12:26

Balance Sheet

--

The attack has left Jalal and Jodha severely hurt and, nearly crippled. While Jalal and Jodha are hurting each other in repeated face-offs, the real perpetrator is still in hiding. The offender is so well-hidden that no one has even thought of the fact that a third person may be involved at all.

Not even the likes of Maaham have even thought of a third party being the cause of this mess. In fact, it is sad to see Maaham trying to work to her own gain - making hay while the sun shines. It is sad to see the downfall of Maaham's wisdom - owing to her love for Adham.

Everyone has taken for granted that either Jodha or Jalal are the culprit.

So... before we move on, a glance at the balance sheet.

Jodha is decided that Jalal is the culprit.
Jalal is decided that Jodha is the culprit.

Jodha has gone for another round of interrogation and stuck to her grounds.
Jalal has gone investigative - as he does.

Jodha has lost her emotional support system - Hamida.
Jalal has lost his emotional support system - Ruqaiya.

Jodha has gained a better, more rational, support system as a guide - Moti.
Jalal has leaned on a better, more rational, support system as a guide - Salema.

Should Jalal apologize to Jodha for his allegation? Yes.
Should Jodha apologize to Jalal for her allegation? Yes.

Who's wrong? Both.
Who's right? ... :)

Who needs correction? Both.

A scale is not considered to be in balance if any side is out of sync. If they have to be at par, then both sides give. One gives up their weight, the other gives up their loftiness.

New Supporters

---

The last two points are actually good - from the point of view of Jalal-Jodha relationship. While Ruqaiya and Hamida are staunch loyal allies, they are also a comfort zone for Jalal and Jodha. They are those people who stand in support - a cushioning - for Jalal and Jodha. In effect, they keep Jalal and Jodha from moving towards each other. They want the best for Jalal and Jodha, but their own support keeps Jalal and Jodha from venturing forth into a relationship that is more complete and satisfying for them as a married couple.

When this support system is out - only then may both Jalal and Jodha realize their need for each other and the vacuum that remains if the other doesn't fill it.

While both Jalal and Jodha know that they are lonely, they have not seen each other as possible partners to satisfy that need.

Moti and Salema - are good allies. They do not offer a sole emotional support - they offer rational help too. What's more - Moti and Salema have very few expectations from Jodha and Jalal in return. These two can never take the place of a partner in Jalal's or Jodha's life. They are not a support system - they are guides.

Balancing the Scales

Jalal and Jodha near the scales.

Scales - usually - signify justice.

Justice is what Jalal needs to focus on. Not his emotions, not his hurt, not his viewpoint - but true justice. For this purpose, Jalal would need to rise above his place as a husband or a king. For being a judge, Jalal would need to be in a place that is unbiased. Being in this place should force Jalal to look at Jodha's viewpoint as clearly as he sees his own.

Justice is what Jodha has asked for. She has not approached a king. She has approached her husband. (For this, I am way too glad. I wanted her to approach the husband. This is a matter between a husband-wife first, before it is between a king as his queen. A marital conflict is better resolved at home first, before it may be taken outside the confines of the house. Well done, CVs.) Jodha has still kept the matter 'in' the house when she took it to her 'husband'.

Jodha's Ring

---

The ring for Jodha signifies her marriage to Jalal. It holds the promise of her commitment to him and her allegiance to him alone. She has placed this ring before him as a remembrance of the promise she made to him - given her identity - this holds her demand for justice.

She's called on him for the balancing of the scale - highlighting that the balance in a relationship requires trust at both ends. She's placed her symbol of trust and commitment on one of the scales.

For once, Jodha has done absolutely the right thing, and I applaud her.

Given the importance she attaches to the ring, Jodha has asked for justice - for a woman, a wife who has been wronged by her doubting husband.

It is a good move. She has approached the husband. She has reminded him of who she is. She has forced him to consider his allegation. And - it was so effective that Jalal could not take his mind off that ring, and off Jodha's demand for justice.

Jalal's Ring

---

No, Jalal did not take his ring off. I am looking at the time of Jodha's birthday when she was being weighed in gold. At a particular time, the scale of gold was done with all the gifts. Yet, Jodha outweighed the gifts.

Jalal saw all this from afar. Jodha still outweighing the gold gifted to her. He did not move even though he saw the scales out of balance. He did not move when everyone else worried about the scales. He did not move when Hamida quipped about Jodha's weight having increased.

Jalal moved when he overheard Moti saying that in such circumstances the king of Amer, Jodha's father, would balance the scales. Jalal sees that it is up to him now, as the king of Agra, Jodha's husband, to balance the scales for Jodha. And he does.

When Jodha asked Jalal for justice, she placed the ring on one of the scales. Now it is up to Jalal to balance the other side of the scale.

During her birthday, Jalal had taken off his ring to being the balance. His focus was not Jodha at the time; it was the scale. Jalal took off his ring and placed it in the other scale.

Honestly, my first reaction was laughter (a tiny ring and mighty Jodha... but that's a usual reaction from me.) but that's beside the point.

For a king, the ring signifies authority, a royal seal. Having the king's ring means having a commitment in his name - it is a direct access to king's authority.

Jalal places his ring to balance scales for Jodha. His commitment, his authority - as a king and as a husband, have come into play for securing the honor of Jodha, and giving her justice.

A really good foreshadow of the coming events with respect to establishment of balance - Trust - between Jalal and Jodha, where they both come off as equals so that balance is held in place in their relationship.

Aparts

---

A round of explosive applause for Moti Bai's foresight and keen discernment of Maaham's intentions. She saw well, she spoke well. Her argument was so sound, so solid that Jodha was forced to understand and agree. Her warning came well in time.

A round of applause for Salema's level-headedness and courage. She holds the balance well. While she states her trust in Jalal's viewpoint, she is unafraid to state her unflinching faith in Jodha. She was forthright in announcing that she could swear by Jodha's imaan. Such was her confidence that Jalal was forced to sit up and take notice. I wonder if he wondered - what did Salema  see and know of Jodha that he did not.

A good episode.

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 13:14; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : font)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: Balancing the Scales

Post by Abavi on 2013-11-15, 12:33

Loved the episode. Your points are wonderful! Yeah, its all about balancing the scales...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-15, 12:58

Wow Shalini...this post reminds me of WIL series of IPK........thoroughly loved and enjoyed all the arguments......

hats off!!! SUPERB!!!

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-15, 13:06

Excellent points. Can't wait for today's episode.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 13:36

Thank you, buddies :)

yeah today's episode is much awaited. Especially coz it Friday :)

In the promo, Jalal didn't really look much-budged from his earlier stance

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-15, 13:51

Totally loved it Shalini..you are bang on so many points! I totally loved how you pointed out about the balances and with Motis comment Jalal getting his hint of his duty as a emperor

And yes again you are absolutely right about both Jalal and Jodha now losing their confidentes Ruqs and Hameeda so this should bring them closer to each other as they dont have any other support.

But isnt it surprising that the always cool matured Hameeda didnt think much before shouting at jodha while Salima was fully confident abt Jodha

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-15, 14:23

Damn, I  had watched the  show in bits and pieces without registering much..seems like a strong episode from ur write up , Shals   ..

a extremely well written one,  exposing the beauty of a relationship

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 15:05

zuzana wrote:Totally loved it Shalini..you are bang on so many points! I totally loved how you pointed out about the balances and with Motis comment Jalal getting his hint of his duty as a emperor

And yes again you are absolutely right about both Jalal and Jodha now losing their confidentes Ruqs and Hameeda so this should bring them closer to each other as they dont have any other support.

But isnt it surprising that the always cool matured Hameeda didnt think much before shouting at jodha while Salima was fully confident abt Jodha
Yes it is surprising. It is just as surprising as Ruqaiya - who claims to be the one closest to Jalal and the one who rules over his mind - to believe that Jalal broke his promise to Jodha for 'vaasna' as Jodha put it.

She simply took into consideration that Jalal joked with her earlier and that she saw Jalal giving Jodha more time than her. She just added 2+2, instead of leaning on her knowledge of who Jalal is.

Ruqaiya should know Jalal better than this.

Similarly, Hamida ji has heard the doctor's report and heard Maaham's account of what she heard Jalal say to Jodha - and added 2 + 2.
Yes, Hamida ought to know her bahu, her beti better than this - just like Ruqu :)

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 15:31; edited 1 time in total

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 15:18

Tanthya wrote:Damn, I  had watched the  show in bits and pieces without registering much..seems like a strong episode from ur write up , Shals   ..

a extremely well written one,  exposing the beauty of a relationship
Oops.. you missed the juicy bits? Catch it, I'll say :)

And thanks a ton, buddy! flower

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-11-15, 16:38

Your posts always fascinates me :) :) !!! you surely deserve a round of applause for this one....

What is making me bored to see the episodes of this track is ever since Jalal asked Jo about who is the father of her child, she is not making any efforts to prove her innocence. She should better know as a princess herself that just shedding tears ,accusing him and returning him the symbol of their marriage will not help. She has to take her steps to try to sort it out with her husband(as she calls him near the tarazu!!! that quite surprised me :P ) . We are not here to see a heroin acting as a victim and doing nothing. I am quite sad about her character being portrayed as a 16th century version of nirupa roy :cry: :cry:

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 17:28

neha wrote:Your posts always fascinates me :) :) !!! you surely deserve a round of applause for this one....

What is making me bored to see the episodes of this track is ever since Jalal asked Jo about who is the father of her child, she is not making any efforts to prove her innocence. She should better know as a princess herself that just shedding tears ,accusing him and returning him the symbol of their marriage will not help. She has to take her steps to try to sort it out with her husband(as she calls him near the tarazu!!! that quite surprised me :P ) . We are not here to see a heroin acting as a victim and doing nothing. I am quite sad about her character being portrayed as a 16th century version of nirupa roy :cry: :cry:
Thank you, buddy! :)

waise.. Jodha is a 16th century woman hehe so kinda natural for her.
And.. she has taken steps. She has expressed her anger to him. However, in such a scenario, and in her position, there are not many steps she can take. This isn't a mere issue that it could be sorted out.

There are very real proofs in place in the form of doctor's diagnosis. it isn't a mere misunderstanding. It's a scandal :) scandals cannot be sorted out

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-15, 17:28

neha wrote:Your posts always fascinates me :) :) !!! you surely deserve a round of applause for this one....

Thank you, buddy! :)

waise.. Jodha is a 16th century woman hehe so kinda natural for her.
And.. she has taken steps. She has expressed her anger to him. However, in such a scenario, and in her position, there are not many steps she can take. This isn't a mere issue that it could be sorted out.

There are very real proofs in place in the form of doctor's diagnosis. it isn't a mere misunderstanding. It's a scandal :) scandals cannot be sorted out

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by megharanjini on 2013-11-15, 20:41

Shalini your post is "Awesome "

megharanjini
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down