Latest topics

ILKDM 38 - Straws and Smoke

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM 38 - Straws and Smoke

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 15:35

The investigation apparently is drawing to a close with Jalal doing a diminutive Holmes while the Leggy Salima does the Watson Bit, It was a episode replete with chicanery, bravery,a layer of sadness .

Even though Jodha's Pregnancy has been the   highlighted part from past week , My gut feeling is  THAT is not the important track, the important track is one that concerns Adham, Atga Khan, This track is building up slowly but everyday there is  something added to it, one step at a time to the pinnacle and then a Sheer drop, perhaps intending to Shock us. The track is going in two ways, one  tracing the  dissatisfaction , plotting and planning of the coup , another is the personal degradation of Adham . This will be the track where Jalal finally frees himself of the shackles of his near and dear ones ,assumes the mantle of King , answerable to  his subjects and not to his near and dear one's.

Step 1.. extends far back, very early on when  Maham cleverly plays out the courtiers and installs a man who  is her puppet, the first pawn is in place, letting  Adham  by default  Maham know everything that might not have come into their orbit, So   Maham already has  one of her hand in the Pie, with the elevation of  Adham's Pawn Munni Khan ( hope the name is right)  to the post of Wazir-e-ala (step 2)  ,  Maham and by proxy Adham has both the hands in the pie or so they think..with knowing all the inside workings of the court matters , and with a pawn sitting in the treasury box, building their own army is going to be as easy as a cakewalk  or would have been save for certain factors .. One, they are undermining Jalal's survival instinct and his savage intelligence . Two, Adham's uncontrollable streak of  Lust will lead to banishment or worse execution  ! Three.. Both Maham and Adham are  underestimating Atkha Khan , They are  gleeful that  Atkha Khan did not get a promotion but both Mother and Son are forgetting one singular fact, Neither was Maham serving the kingdom in a notable rank when she set the stage for Bairam Khan's ouster , All she had then was Jalal's ear's  and was a confidante of Jalal which now seems to repose  with Atkha Khan..which makes him a threat to their growing ambition.Being an intensely loyal man, Atkha Khan will not be swayed by the offering of  Power or treasure, the moment he getss a whiff of the coup, he will posthaste rush to Jalal , a move that will have to be thwarted either  by killing Atkha Khan .. which will actually defeat the purpose as it will send Jalal on to high alert .. but a murder along with Surprise attack can immobilize Jalal for a while before he recoups his resources and attacks back.. but in both the set up..Adham's death is certain !!

Has the time come for Moti's redemption?? She has been pilloried and castigated as a liar for  casting aspersions on Adham  but with Adham on prowl again esp his eying of a young girl lasciviously ,  His actions may lead to acquittal of Moti from a crime she never did  commit while bridging the distance between Jalal and Jodha .

Jashn I'd rather skip apart from saying mayhaps the truth about Bakshi may come only on Friday as a cliff hanger as it now seems that Green Kada in  rejoicing on the arms of an innocent servant .Will Jalal punish her or order her to leave his home or will he be the quiet Big brother , putting a lid on Bakshi's as well as Sharif's nefarious activities ?

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM 38 - Straws and Smoke

Post by shreya26 on 2013-11-20, 15:54

THAT is not the important track, the important track is one that concerns Adham, Atga Khan, This track is building up slowly but everyday there is  something added to it, one step at a time to the pinnacle and then a Sheer drop, perhaps intending to Shock us.

Thats exactly what i was thinking the whole time as soon as Adham n Maham started talking about Atga Khan!!! :P 
Maybe the CVs arent as horrible as we think..!!
N btw, awesome post, as usual!!!!cheers 

shreya26

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-11-20, 16:06

Maham is loosing her influence... but why?
What is it that makes Jalal move away from her?
It is not Jodha.
In fact not even Ruqaiyya
It is Salima towards whom he is drawn
Why?

wasn't Aadham killed for murdering Atkha Khan?
and I think the name was Munim Khan... Aadham's pawn

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 16:14

shreya26 wrote:THAT is not the important track, the important track is one that concerns Adham, Atga Khan, This track is building up slowly but everyday there is  something added to it, one step at a time to the pinnacle and then a Sheer drop, perhaps intending to Shock us.

Thats exactly what i was thinking the whole time as soon as Adham n Maham started talking about Atga Khan!!! :P 
Totall, shreya ... first they get Atga Khan closer to Jalal , so much so now Jalal begins to take him everywhere, then they get Sharif and Adham joining hands ..then we get Mahamm promising to get her useless son on the throne by hook or crook....

everyday.. it is this track  that is moving ahead while the in your face  'Grihna' and kya aap pashu hain ?? or Hum Jalal ko Jaante hain ? ya phir.. Huma Mewad, ranthombor, chittod ko jeetni hai .. has been  more of a sop cuz Jalal has been planning and planning and he still has not moved on rajaputana campaign, Ruqaiyya is more interested in doing facials and playing chess , Jodha when not singin Heyy Manmohan is happy to grihn Jalal.. Jalal when not planning war , plays a game of which queen will get mad frst by  issuing statement, twisting it, withdrawing it again issuing it :P :P  but in this mayhem, Adham and Maham proceed slowly , putting their pawns in place, trying their luck by assassinating  Jalal  etc etc
Poor CV's we hardly ever give them roses

Thank  You, dear :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 16:21

sonshine487 wrote:Maham is loosing her influence... but why?
What is it that makes Jalal move away from her?
It is not Jodha.
In fact not even Ruqaiyya
It is Salima towards whom he is drawn
Why?

wasn't Aadham killed for murdering Atkha Khan?
and I think the name was Munim Khan... Aadham's pawn
could be many reasons .. Jalal knows that she was instrummental in the death of Bairam Khan

one would be his desire not to be seen  as anybody's puppet

Jalal is also trying to be actively seen as a moderate, A fanatic Maham would not aid him in that image cultivation .

No, He is not drawn towards Salima, he approached Salima only after Ruqaiyya markedly expresses her displeasure and refuses to listen to him.

Yes Adham was  killed  for murder as was Maham for treason *acc to to one version*

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-11-20, 16:35

ok, so Salima was obvious choice after Ruqs
lucky for Jodha... though to be fair, Ruqs wouldn't have actively worked against Jodha. Definitely, Salima's sympathy factor would not have been there.
I thought Maham was sent away on Haj

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-11-20, 16:36

I have lost all interest in this show honestly. I haven't watched a single episode in 2 weeks, but I do read the WUs. They are not doing something right, its all very boring, boohoo pregnancy drama. What could have been wrapped up in 2-3 episodes in max have been going on for 2 weeks and counting.

So much for the romance, I get it that you can't show romance all the time, but the last time I checked this was supposed to be a love story, and there is no development whatsoever in that front. Jalal and Jodha are both stuck in a limbo, there's no progression, bleh.

Brilliant write up as always though Tanths. Its just that the show doesn't work for me anymore. I hope it picks up soon.

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-11-20, 16:39

I refuse to read and respond... mera post hamesha nazar andaaz karte hoon...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 16:42

sonshine487 wrote:ok, so Salima was obvious choice after Ruqs
lucky for Jodha... though to be fair, Ruqs wouldn't have actively worked against Jodha. Definitely, Salima's sympathy factor would not have been there.
depending on versions

One has her dying within 40days of her son's death

Another has her getting thrown down the fortress by Jalal

Another has her getting executed

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-11-20, 16:45

Tanthya wrote:
depending on versions

gory

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 16:45

sarra0 wrote:I refuse to read and respond... mera post hamesha nazar andaaz karte hoon...
Maine Dekha, Padha or respond bhi kyaa Heart

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-20, 16:45

Wonderful write-up Sathu...trust u to find out the "not so obvious"...the MA-Atga -Adham angle cheers cheers

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-20, 16:47

Tanthya wrote:
depending on versions

Alex version--- MA was sent to Delhi fort to live a life of oblivion

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-20, 16:49

Yes I don't think MA was executed. Jalal was too fond of her to execute her. So he punished her saying she would live in exile and never see his face again which would be the greatest punishment meted out to her

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 17:00

laddoo598 wrote:I have lost all interest in this show honestly. I haven't watched a single episode in 2 weeks, but I do read the WUs. They are not doing something right, its all very boring, boohoo pregnancy drama. What could have been wrapped up in 2-3 episodes in max have been going on for 2 weeks and counting.

So much for the romance, I get it that you can't show romance all the time, but the last time I checked this was supposed to be a love story, and there is no development whatsoever in that front. Jalal and Jodha are both stuck in a limbo, there's no progression, bleh.

Brilliant write up as always though Tanths. Its just that the show doesn't work for me anymore. I hope it picks up soon.
Mainly the problem resides in the way Jodha is being presented.. She does not come across as a royal queen but as a bigoted spilt brat  hence there is an imbalance  for we feel Jodha is not worthy of Jalal when in actuality it should have been other way around. It seems more like the show is for growing up of Jodha rather than how Jalal Became Aks..

Then there are the scenes...  Having Grihna in the early parts was understandable but carrying it for so long esp after seeing how he saved and actually Strengthened Sukanya's Position in Dhawalgarh , her continued obstinate  view seems too idiotic esp for a princess who  is supposed to be intelligent, quick witted and compassionate .. When a Salima or a Moti has to din sense into her, Jodha's fame as a quiet thinker with a dignity to envy takes a beating..

But most importantly I feel is the acting !! Rajat manages to inject minute emotions within a flicker whereas Paridhi either glares, looks or smiles .. the nuances escapes her ..she has improved , no questions on it but she gets exposed when she has to play with Lavina,Ashwini,Rajat..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 17:02

Manasvi wrote:Yes I don't think MA was executed. Jalal was too fond of her to execute her. So he punished her saying she would live in exile and never see his face again which would be the greatest punishment meted out to her
That would have been the fitting punishment for her, Not just the  refusal of Jalal to see her  ever but also the disgrace of having thrown out of the inner circle and her fall from Power , Maham was attached to power like a limpet  and the stripping of power would be the cruel punishment and moset deserving one.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 17:09

Ruqaiyya is a clinical thinker , a precision machine while Salima is a analyst  who fits everything into place before deciding ..True, Ruqaiyya would not  have worked against Jodha nor would she have worked for Jodha.Ruqaiyya would have taken the offered evidence as proof and dismissed Jodha.

That was Bairam and the religious  persons who plotted against Akbar

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-20, 17:38

Tanthya wrote:
shreya26 wrote:THAT is not the important track, the important track is one that concerns Adham, Atga Khan, This track is building up slowly but everyday there is  something added to it, one step at a time to the pinnacle and then a Sheer drop, perhaps intending to Shock us.

Totall, shreya ... first they get Atga Khan closer to Jalal , so much so now Jalal begins to take him everywhere, then they get Sharif and Adham joining hands ..then we get Mahamm promising to get her useless son on the throne by hook or crook....

everyday.. it is this track  that is moving ahead while the in your face  'Grihna' and kya aap pashu hain ?? or Hum Jalal ko Jaante hain ? ya phir.. Huma Mewad, ranthombor, chittod ko jeetni hai .. has been  more of a sop cuz Jalal has been planning and planning and he still has not moved on rajaputana campaign, Ruqaiyya is more interested in doing facials and playing chess , Jodha when not singin Heyy Manmohan is happy to grihn Jalal.. Jalal when not planning war , plays a game of which queen will get mad frst by  issuing statement, twisting it, withdrawing it again issuing it :P :P  but in this mayhem, Adham and Maham proceed slowly , putting their pawns in place, trying their luck by assassinating  Jalal  etc etc

Whoa Tants, here i wanted to say your main post was super duper.., your response to shreya's post is too good. Hmm..how you manage to read behind the scenes:*Thmbu*: .

Now, if only they catch the right culprit..i will be relieved. They are ruining Akbar's records..not once has the right guy been caught..makes me wonder ?????

Finally i caught up with all the epis. Good momentum. I hope they keep this going, otherwise i will have nothing to watch except reruns of West Wing .

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by laddoo598 on 2013-11-20, 17:46

Tanthya wrote:
laddoo598 wrote:I have lost all interest in this show honestly. I haven't watched a single episode in 2 weeks, but I do read the WUs. They are not doing something right, its all very boring, boohoo pregnancy drama. What could have been wrapped up in 2-3 episodes in max have been going on for 2 weeks and counting.

Mainly the problem resides in the way Jodha is being presented.. She does not come across as a royal queen but as a bigoted spilt brat  hence there is an imbalance  for we feel Jodha is not worthy of Jalal when in actuality it should have been other way around. It seems more like the show is for growing up of Jodha rather than how Jalal Became Aks..

Then there are the scenes...  Having Grihna in the early parts was understandable but carrying it for so long esp after seeing how he saved and actually Strengthened Sukanya's Position in Dhawalgarh , her continued obstinate  view seems too idiotic esp for a princess who  is supposed to be intelligent, quick witted and compassionate .. When a Salima or a Moti has to din sense into her, Jodha's fame as a quiet thinker with a dignity to envy takes a beating..

But most importantly I feel is the acting !! Rajat manages to inject minute emotions within a flicker whereas Paridhi either glares, looks or smiles .. the nuances escapes her ..she has improved , no questions on it but she gets exposed when she has to play with Lavina,Ashwini,Rajat..
So so true. That's just it. She just seems fickle now, one minute saying Jalal has a dil, and going on her ghrina tirade the very next minute. The writers have made her so hateful, and so so incapable of looking past her blind hatred, she honestly appears to be quite dumb now. Bleh. To think I used to defend her earlier, aab defend karoon bhi toh kaise?

laddoo598
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 18:05

laddoo598 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

So so true. That's just it. She just seems fickle now, one minute saying Jalal has a dil, and going on her ghrina tirade the very next minute. The writers have made her so hateful, and so so incapable of looking past her blind hatred, she honestly appears to be quite dumb now. Bleh. To think I used to defend her earlier, aab defend karoon bhi toh kaise?
You can still defend her, MotiChoor Laddoo.. She is a Ameri Mirchi , impulsive and impetuous jo kardeti hai baad main sochti hai

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-20, 18:11

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Whoa Tants, here i wanted to say your main post was super duper.., your response to shreya's post is too good. Hmm..how you manage to read behind the scenes:*Thmbu*: .

Now, if only they catch the right culprit..i will be relieved. They are ruining Akbar's records..not once has the right guy been caught..makes me wonder ?????

Finally i caught up with all the epis. Good momentum. I hope they keep this going, otherwise i will have nothing to watch except reruns of West Wing .
Aww Thanks, Vandhu :heart:

I just hope Jalal gets the needed jolt and begins to realize tht his near and dear ones are not trustworthy ..

The momentum is what is keeping the show from becoming utter bore..one is momentum , Another are the dialogues and third is Rajat's acting

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-11-20, 20:36

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Aww Thanks, Vandhu :heart:

I just hope Jalal gets the needed jolt and begins to realize tht his near and dear ones are not trustworthy ..

The momentum is what is keeping the show from becoming utter bore..one is momentum , Another are the dialogues and third is Rajat's acting
So True..Rajat is a delight to watch and of course dialogues ..although sometimes i don't understand :cry: 

I agree, Jalal needs a jolt..a really big one..may be from an earthquake and i hope it comes soon, coz i need one too.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-11-21, 05:40

fantastic tanthya ur write up....Thumbsup 

the story of JA is getting boring Sleep

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-11-21, 15:36

Wow!! loved how u connect all that is happening.. Starry Love