Latest topics

The Shahenshah rules, and how!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Shahenshah rules, and how!

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-20, 21:13

Today, it was Jalal and Jalal all the way ruling the screen.

It was like watching Sachin score a 200 with masterful elegant stylish powerful shots.

Rajat displayed anger, anguish, sorrow, pain , despair and control with such ease that, had the performance been on the stage he deserves no less that a full 10 minutes of thunderous applause and standing ovation.  

The understanding and concern Jalal displays to Ruqaiya, the irritation at being taunted by Jo when he calls the dasi to his kaksh for inquiry,the shock and hurt at the culprit being his own sister,the anguish at Bakshi hurting him where it pains most (his desire to become a father), the little thanks to God for granting him the composure that prevented him from killing Jo and finding the truth, the anger of being betrayed by his trusted general, the rage to deliver justice and punish the killer of Hakim Sahiba, and after all this, the brotherly concern when he pushes Bakshi behind him to conceal his crying sister from the soldier messenger, and his blunt revelation of facts to Jodha through Bakshi ....... 

My God, Jalal and Akbar merged seamlessly. The character and the actor rose to such heights today, that all the other shortcomings of the show  can simply be overlooked to watch the Shahenshah in full flow.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: The Shahenshah rules, and how!

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-20, 23:35

Rajat totally rocked ! He is totally carrying the show on his shoulders along with some strong dialogues that work in his favor. What a man! Jalal and Salima great team work. Saw a brother's disappointment. Saw a compassionate Jalal towards Ruks pain. Take a bow, Rajat Tokas and the creatives too

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-21, 09:26

Finally that I have now, my morning, recovered from the daze that Jalal left me in by his performance in yesterday's episode I remembered a few other highlights as well.

Jalal scanned even Ruqaiya's hands for a second before turning away with guilt for his momentary impulse.

Ruqaiya's "Aapki aulad ki pehli dua hamari hogi" was very touching indeed. Hope the CVs preserve this Ja-Ruq bond this way. Otherwise it would go against history.
(Also for the first time she addressed Jalal as Shahenshah directly to him.)

Salima's understanding and acknowledgement of his bravery and sense of justice in the face of personal pain was laudable.So was her co-operation and silent but strong support.( Jalal perhaps has an inner circle of cheaters and scum-bags, but he has wonderful wives, no doubt. They say behind the success of every man there is a woman. But he has three.) 

Jalal had his hands on Bakshi's heads most of the time during the interrogation. As though to drill in her a sense of shame at what she had done for the brother who really cared for her.

But his words were no less than a whiplash. His spine-chilling looks and sharp "Jodha Begum ko aap hi ne woh ark pilaya tha na" totally broke down the spineless Banu.

"Agar dil hota to it would have been shattered!"  By God, he was shattered.  Why this denial of Dil ?!

Jodha's accusal of mistreating his sister was aptly cut short by him with his point-blank statement of the truth. Her behaviour to him didn't deserve any soft approach.

Jalal was imperial, noble and royal throughout(I don't seem to be still completely out of the Jalal daze; hangover perhaps!). I hope he retains this attitude and not buckle down easily when Jo apologizes.(Will ghrina finally make a glorious exit?)

Afterall she has to earn his affections and work towards it.  She had mistrusted and pricked him even when he trusted her and worked towards clearing her name when everyone else including her own darling saas HB easily doubted her.

Last edited by sandhya on 2013-11-21, 11:43; edited 1 time in total

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-21, 11:40

True that Sandhya ...Rajat was at his best yesterday..throughout the episode......

I am amazed at his talents......God bless him...he is the ONLY reason why I am hooked on to JA......

I hope Jodha doesnt get an easy route to please Jalal this time...she has been at her worst in her behaviour with Jalal....yday. when she  commented on the baandhi during jashn, i felt like giving her ek zor ka laafa kaan ke neeche...and asking her...What the Hell do u think of herself......swarg se utari hui pari...huh...Twisted Evil  So full of herself....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-21, 12:05

Wow Sandhya .. Your post is superb ...So glad to meet one more starry eyed Akbar  Fan ....  Your post should be shared in the Rajat appreciation thread yaara ..

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-21, 12:13

I've been wanting to do that(laafa) on numerous occasions  since the tiger attack. Not one word of apology for bringing him to the doorstep of death. Saving him then became her duty not a concession she bestowed on him.

I didn't expect her to fall for him; certainly not. But she was outright rude and ungracious esp at Amer. No thanks, no sorry, no manners. And esp the walkout into the freezing cold that has again caused all this trouble.

All she did even after he decided to abdicate to keep up his promise was to thank her ammijaan and cook a meal for him and sing a song. Phew!... what a great favour!

Jalal thought that he foxed Bharmal into the marriage in episode 31. Poor fellow! Little did he realise that he has foxed himself.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-21, 13:06

sandhya wrote:I've been wanting to do that(laafa) on numerous occasions  since the tiger attack. Not one word of apology for bringing him to the doorstep of death. Saving him then became her duty not a concession she bestowed on him.

I didn't expect her to fall for him; certainly not. But she was outright rude and ungracious esp at Amer. No thanks, no sorry, no manners. And esp the walkout into the freezing cold that has again caused all this trouble.

All she did even after he decided to abdicate to keep up his promise was to thank her ammijaan and cook a meal for him and sing a song. Phew!... what a great favour!

Jalal thought that he foxed Bharmal into the marriage in episode 31. Poor fellow! Little did he realise that he has foxed himself.
Awesome thoughts Sndhya ..Thumbsup

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:39

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum