Latest topics

Mockery of Maharashtrians

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mockery of Maharashtrians

Post by RS08 on 2013-11-21, 03:02

This serial has made complete mockery of maharashtrian families. The rituals do not run into so many days. Theres no stuff like the milk bath ritual. Infact most maharashtrians are very liberal minded people.

RS08

Back to top Go down

Re: Mockery of Maharashtrians

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-21, 04:49

RS08 wrote:This serial has made complete mockery of maharashtrian families. The rituals do not run into so many days. Theres no stuff like the milk bath ritual. Infact most maharashtrians are very liberal minded people.

RS, don't worry... We understand that they exaggerate everything ... I am Muslim and the farce weddings they showed on Qubool hai was just too much.. But hay I learnt to accept it ... Whether people will watch or not ... it's a personal choice... I stopped watching for a little bit and then came back when the wedding was over...

And the wedding on EBP is almost over, so we can breathe a sigh of relief and enjoy Shlok turning into a werewolf.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-21, 07:04

RS08 wrote:This serial has made complete mockery of maharashtrian families. The rituals do not run into so many days. Theres no stuff like the milk bath ritual. Infact most maharashtrians are very liberal minded people.
I can understand your feelings RS ...
The things /rituals shown here just fictional .. Which family has the time n patience for all these ceremonies .. @one daily ? Mostly they all are combined into one day ... And i have personally attended Maharashtrian wedding it is actually very brief .. Short and sweet .... It is the adjustment with your life partner that is given most important ...

I remember seeing Movie Devdas where they made such a mockery of Bengali families but that was all cinematic liberties yaara ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:08

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum