Latest topics

The aftermath

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The aftermath

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-21, 21:25

Today's episode was like an aftermath of yesterday's torrential stormy one - dull dry and weary.

Apologies and coming around.

As usual Jalal was the show-stealer even in this low-key episode.

His breaking down in MA's arms at being hurt by his own dear ones was very moving.

Again he made it very clear to Jodha that what he felt towards her was trust and nothing more. 

But is is Jodha's actions and reactions that bewilder me. Dunno if it is the actress or the character - there is no emotional connect at all. While there was a throb in Jalal's apology for what his sister had done, there was none when Jodha said sorry for her own behaviour. You could even feel BB's pain at her senseless but loyal love for her cheapu.  But Jodha's feelings(if she had any) was unfathomable. Even when Jalal spoke about his childhood for the second time, it didn't seem to even ruffle her in the slightest.

Jodha only sashays around and questions people like an Income Tax officer.
Suryabhaan was mentioned after a long time.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: The aftermath

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-21, 21:50

Paridhi is a very bad actress. Just eye candy. Cannot connect with her character. Even when she asks him aap Kay hain Shehenshah, she seems to not connect with him in any remote sense.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-11-22, 00:44

I strongly believe that it is her lack of voice modulation, her voice is soft, sweet but lacks inflections.When she speaks it appears as if she is reading from a script rather than essaying the emotional turmoil of Jodha.

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-22, 12:22

Rightly said. Her "Aap kya hain Shahenshah" was like a "Yeh kya hai" question asked by a 1st std kid to teacher. She also speaks as though she reads. The insufficiency is too evident in the scenes with Jalal by contrast.

Somebody had earlier mentioned in the forum if more than one director was directing the series. I too felt the same. The nov 20 must have been directed by the best. The Jalal-BB face-off was terrific. The nov 21 episode must have been handed over to a novice. The much awaited Ja-Jo convo was such a damp humdrum.

Sometimes I really wish these last 40 episodes or so were Jalal's hallucinations after the tiger attack and someone would continue the story from episode 80 in a more prudent way.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-11-22, 13:59

sandhya wrote:Rightly said. Her "Aap kya hain Shahenshah" was like a "Yeh kya hai" question asked by a 1st std kid to teacher. She also speaks as though she reads. The insufficiency is too evident in the scenes with Jalal by contrast.

Somebody had earlier mentioned in the forum if more than one director was directing the series. I too felt the same. The nov 20 must have been directed by the best. The Jalal-BB face-off was terrific. The nov 21 episode must have been handed over to a novice. The much awaited Ja-Jo convo was such a damp humdrum.

Sometimes I really wish these last 40 episodes or so were Jalal's hallucinations after the tiger attack and someone would continue the story from episode 80 in a more prudent way.
quite Right, She makes it appear as a school play rather than a show . Her posturing is rigid and not fluid like other actors .The intense scenes get watered down to insipid one's.

where is the need to go to Nov 20th episode, Sandhya..Take the Nov 21st episode itself.. The scene between Maham and  Jalal was done so perfectly.

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-11-22, 14:05

The rest of the cast minus Paridhi is doing a very good job. Rukkaiya is sometimes over the top but still a lot better than Jodha. Jalal and Maham Anga complement each other's talent very well. Bakshi bano was also very natural yesterday? Rajat of course is superlative. Paridhi is so wooden in scenes that require softness and emotions. GHrina she does well but her body language and voice modulation falter very much so much so that it makes you cringe. It spoils a beautiful shot. CV's, director of JA, can you please drill some sense in to her acting skills.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-22, 15:00

Agree.....Paridhi is not at par with other actors when it comes to acting.....have been feeling this for some time....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-22, 15:19

You're right Manasvi. Paridhi is best only ghrinaing and crying to Kanha. (It was better for Jalal to allow Kanhaji to Agra; Kanha beares half of her complaints; Jalal only has to handle the other half). Sense has to be drilled into Paridhi and the character of Jodha as well. 

3 instances in the Ja-Jo convo yesterday didn't make sense to me. Hence I doubted the possibility of different directors.

One was of course, the total lack of feel in Jodha's Kshama and Dhanyavaad. Her response was too medicore to a person who inspite of being blamed delivered justice and saved your self-respect.  It was similar to her response in Amer after Jalal handed over the fort.  Jodha's feelings lack depth and quality. She frets over unimportant ones and misses out on the ones that really matter.

Second was, when Jalal says "Galatfahmi mat rakhiye ki hum aapse mohabbat karte hain; hargiz nahi", she actually grinned-pixie like. I didn't know what to make of it.

Thirdly, when Jalal says "..jiski insaaniyat 14 saal mein mari gayi.." . By God, from the beginning of the show he has displayed more insaaniyat than all the other characters put together. Only a person with insaaniyat can keep up a vachan, uphold justice, cry and feel hurt, care for others, mingle with kids. If he kills in wars, it is the duty of a soldier not lack of insaaniyat. If he doesn't realise it himself why don't others around him, tell him that he is the best insaan in the country, if not in the whole wide world? Atleast his ammijaan who croons over her Jodha beta can do that.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-22, 15:52

Sandhya..agree with u on all 3 instances...even i was like doing this Bang to Jodha.....

BUT as I said earlier to Pavani.....my only hope is that since Jodha just doesnt know what is LOVE so the coming track will focus on all these and address this issue....thats the reason why we had  double scenes of Jodha with BB and Salima yday...

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:29

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum