Latest topics

Divyanka Tripathi: I will speak Tamil

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Divyanka Tripathi: I will speak Tamil

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-11-23, 00:54

TV actress Divyanka Tripathi is happy to be back on telly with the forthcoming daily soap " Ye Hai Mohabbatein". She plays a Tamilian in it and says she fell in love with the character immediately.

"It's a huge pleasure that Ekta Kapoor chose me for the serial," Divyanka told reporters Thursday at the launch of the show. She added that she accepts a show only when she "falls in love with the character".

"When I came to know about this show, heard the narration and of course, Balaji (and its association with it), I had to step into this venture," said the actress, who became popular with the daily soap "Banoo Main Teri Dulhann".

"Ye Hai Mohabbatein", based on the novel "Custody" by Manju Kapoor, traces the journey of a married businessman and a Tamilian girl Ishita, who becomes very fond of the former's child.

Although, in between, Divyanka tried her hand at comedy but she really missed daily soaps.

"I was dying to come back to daily soaps again. Although I did comedy for quite sometime because I wanted to explore something different, I was waiting for something different, something new," said Divyanka, who was seen in a lighter role in "Mrs. & Mr. Sharma Allahabadwale".

Divyanka said she will speak Tamil in "Ye Hai Mohabbatein", but without any lingo.

"I learnt some specific words on the set. But as the story will progress. I will speak Tamil, but there will be no lingo," she said.

"Ye Hai Mohabbatein" will go on air Dec 3 on Star Plus. It also features Karan Patel.

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Divyanka Tripathi: I will speak Tamil

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-24, 08:33

Tamil character..interesting..no wonder she was wearing those silk style sarees

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-11-24, 11:36

zuzana wrote:Tamil character..interesting..no wonder she was wearing those silk style sarees
@bold....was thnkg the same Zu

most Northies has a misunderstanding thae South people wear silk saris only:)

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 13:04

anusha.cochin wrote:
zuzana wrote:Tamil character..interesting..no wonder she was wearing those silk style sarees

Agreed.. that's such a stereotype

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 13:28

slmu wrote:
anusha.cochin wrote:

things have changed so much back south ...even grannies dont wear that silk sarees daily nowdays :lol!: 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 13:30

zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:
anusha.cochin wrote:

things have changed so much back south ...even grannies dont wear that silk sarees daily nowdays :lol!: 
:lol!:  yes. I remember when I was growing up in Mumbai, every south Indian - never mind what state they were from - was a Madrasi Rolling Eyes

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 13:33

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:
anusha.cochin wrote:

:lol!:  yes. I remember when I was growing up in Mumbai, every south Indian - never mind what state they were from - was a Madrasi Rolling Eyes
Exactly...even now its the same Shanti..they think south means only Madras :P 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 13:35

zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:Agreed.. that's such a stereotype
And what is worse they refuse to be corrected.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-11-25, 14:27

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:things have changed so much back south ...even grannies dont wear that silk sarees daily nowdays :lol!: 
so true Santhi...a north Indian was asking me Tamil food recipes and I said I m from Kerala but they think all southies has same culture and styles:shock:

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 14:36

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
slmu wrote:Agreed.. that's such a stereotype
Ignorance is bliss for them :P 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-02, 08:55

Haha.. I was wondering if she was asked to wear silk sarees because it was a mature love story...

These are some myths that have to be broken

- Girls from South India wear sarees mostly (No, we wear other outfits like rest of India, and yeah, we like to exhibit our traditional best when it really matters)
- Girls from south India usually have long hair, oiled and plaited ( Really? )
- Girls from south India like Curd rice a lot (Curd rice is not a staple food. We do cook and eat other stuff too)
- Girls from south India are all from a particular place called Chinaai. (No Tamil nadu has lot other cities and towns... at best you can easily find out with the style of tamil they speak, Interestingly, every Place has its own lingo. Thats a beauty of tamil)
-They are all called madarasis (No, Not everyone is a Madarasi. You have people from Kerala, Andhra and Karnataka too and Madras/Chennai is in Tamil Nadu. And again you cannot cal people from TN as madarasi too... Like I said there are other towns, cities in TN other than Chennai.)
- Tamil is compatible with Malayalam, Telugu and Kannada just like Hindi is compatible with Punjabi, Gujarati and Marathi (No all the south Indian Languages are completely different from eachother, You cannot speak understand one, if you know the other... The scripts are different, the words are different... Not all children are like the mother... Here two classical languages, Tamil and Sanskrit together have give three children who are completely different and unique, they are all classical in themselves!)
- People from south India, particularly from TN hate Hindi and dont speak Hindi even if they know it (Loving one's own language and giving preference to own's own tongue isnt equivalent to hating the other. Even here, we have a lovely group of Tamilians who are do fluent in hindi...)

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:27

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum