Latest topics

Arhi v/s Ashlok marriage!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arhi v/s Ashlok marriage!

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-24, 09:54

How different are the circumstances..Arnav and kushi also got into a hate marriage like Ashlok but with Arhi we knew why Arnav was forcing kushi for the marriage and kushi was not kept in dark about the circumstances...she ofcourse didnt know like Aastha whats the reason for the hate but before marriage kushi was not cheated into marriage...here Aastha is clearly been tricked by the facade of love...which is unacceptbale and on top of that Shlok is acting like a maniac...throwing water on Aastha...demeaning her dignity which never happened with Arhi...so that made us more relatable with Arnav...he had a chance of redemption...but with Shlok after all this behaviour can we audience forgive him...I am not sure about how Aastha will feel about all this as she was blindly in love with Shlok.

Would love to hear from you can Shlok be forgiven???

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Re: Arhi v/s Ashlok marriage!

Post by Charanya on 2013-11-24, 10:27

Ya how can a girl ll accept a cheater shlok did tis oly for a sake of his happiness
If aastha has some self respect she should nt forgive him

Charanya

Back to top Go down

Post by RS08 on 2013-11-24, 10:59

No he cant be forgiven.....in the process of trying to make a story similar to IPKKND, the cv's have really messed up what could have possibly been another good story. Aastha has been portrayed as an interfering character, shlok as psychotic. How can you make a love/hate relationship from these 2 charachters? Shouldnt Aastha be doubting why shlok is in love with her? There never was any reason for him to love her & her to love him. Creating mystries in mystries & twists in twists will not get this serial anywhwere, they really killed it by showing shlok as manic.

RS08

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-24, 11:18

Charanya wrote:Ya how can a girl ll accept a cheater shlok did tis oly for a sake of his happiness
If aastha has some self respect she should nt forgive him
Exactly if she has some self respect she should show him that she can live without being Mrs. Agnihotri.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-24, 11:23

RS08 wrote:No he cant be forgiven.....in the process of trying to make a story similar to IPKKND, the cv's have really messed up what could have possibly been another good story. Aastha has been portrayed as an interfering character, shlok as psychotic. How can you make a love/hate relationship from these 2 charachters? Shouldnt Aastha be doubting why shlok is in love with her? There never was any reason for him to love her & her to love him. Creating mystries in mystries & twists in twists will not get this serial anywhwere, they really killed it by showing shlok as manic.
So true they have really messed up with the charcters..for the audience to feel a connect with the characters you have to relate to them emotional which is not possible with the present situation.

and yes why didnt Aastha for a moment think the rude Shlok turned all rosy in one day..did she even wonder? what about the advice of parents...doesnt she trust them..isnt her welfare their first concern so how come she blatantly got carried away by Shlok...

Maniacs can never by sympathised with.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sameersaagar on 2013-11-24, 12:35

Shloke should not be forgiven

sameersaagar
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-24, 17:03

arnav got sympathy from audience because he was marrying khushi to save his sisters marriage ( the selfless part) Though deep inside he probably wanted khushi for himself only ( the selfish side).

Shlok's intentions are 100% selfish, self satisfying ( whatever the reason is ... Swati or his mom.. Doesn't matter) ... If CVs dont show a compelling reason for WHY he did this... Then there is no way to forgive him.

Nice post Zu.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by RS08 on 2013-11-24, 17:50

Shesherkobita wrote:arnav got sympathy from audience because he was marrying khushi to save his sisters marriage ( the selfless part) Though deep inside he probably wanted khushi for himself only ( the selfish side).

Shlok's intentions are 100% selfish, self satisfying ( whatever the reason is ... Swati or his mom.. Doesn't matter) ... If CVs dont show a compelling reason for WHY he did this... Then there is no way to forgive him.

Nice post Zu.
Even if he does have a compelling reason, cannot relate to his manic side, licking of the lips, hes alcoholic, plus the weird laughter, the evil look.

RS08

Back to top Go down

Post by MissB on 2013-11-24, 17:57

For me i dont even care about aastha forgiving shlok what am more worried about is that she should NEVER EVER FORGET!!!!!!.... his bakwaas behaviour, waking her by pouring water on her face... @ least with Arnav we know that he forced khushi to marry him because he saw something happening between his sisters husband and khushi and to save his sister happiness he was willing to get married to someone he detested... Shlok in the long run would be forgiven but what i want to see this time around is the lady in the show to come out on top... endure all the torturing and then give him back the right amount of pain he deserves so that he will never ever in his life disrespect a woman the way he has direspected Aastha.... nd am not talking about the pain of going away from him she should stay with him and toture him really good so that in his next life he would never misbehave with any female ever again

MissB

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-24, 17:58

RS08 wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:arnav got sympathy from audience because he was marrying khushi to save his sisters marriage ( the selfless part) Though deep inside he probably wanted khushi for himself only ( the selfish side).

Nice post Zu.
Even if he does have a compelling reason, cannot relate to his manic side, licking of the lips, hes alcoholic, plus the weird laughter, the evil look.
He is indeed a strange one...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-11-24, 18:01

I havnt managed to watch the last few episodes yet, so havnt seen wat he actually says and does in Fridays episode jus read about it so can't yet answer if he can be forgiven..

but for comparison sakes ASR and Khushi's hate marriage was laid out and built and so you were able to relate to them, they showed ASR was willing to do anything to make his sister happy, they showed ASRs own internal struggle concerning Khushi and his feelings for her...they showed Khushi's while slightly naive to think Shayam would change and not tell ASR at the second, third etc opportunity you could also understand not just because it would hurt Anjali and ASR to find out but also because ASR and her relationship was extremely rocky... they laid the foundation in showing reasoning and emotions from the participants...and even if you sympathized with one more then the other, you did sympathise with both... in regards to demeaning..he threw Khushi out of the room and told her to sleep outside by the poolside... that was demeaning...but you still sympathised with him...

whereas in comparison in IPK2 wat do u have? There was no foundation laid properly...not with the hate and not with the love...wat is being called a shocking twist and seems to have taken some by suprise was obvious long ago... its difficult if not impossible to sympathise with Aastha....how? okay so she got a jolt... and wat? The signs where there before, she chose to ignore them...she knew Anjali insulted her and her family at every turn and she gave lip service a couple of times but ignored it...her mum warned her, tried to make her understand but she was like a difficult child not only ignoring but also being stubborn and obstinate that shlok is the toy she wants and she wants it now... well she has it now, ab bhugto...

Shlok while he looked like he wanted revenge, that there was an alterior motive it was like the cvs had not quite decided wat to show and how to show it... they also wanted to create suspense and give a shock with the so called twist but in trying to go down that route they forgot to build the track... they forgot to try and show something which would make him relatable...to make us sympathetic to him... it seems to b his ego... and it's like the makers have equated niranjan's name for Shlok with ASRs feelings for Anjali and have used that as reasoning for this but it falls flat....

I'm going to bring another show into it... Madhubala.... that had a similar track in it wherein RK who had a hate / revenge marriage with MB, thou she knew it wasn't love wen they got married, RK tried to break MB however that didn't work...you then see a turn in RK'S behaviour..he seems to have changed, the turn was sudden and questioned at the time however they showed that change and continued loving behaviour for a prolonged period of time that wen the promo came out that RK had done this to get MB to love him, so that he could leave her and break her it was a twist because they had set the scene...and even though his reasoning was not worth forgiving him for or understandable he was forgiven by the audience even thou his atonement for his deeds was relatively absent...

so in trying to go down this track they havnt made either Aastha or Shlok relatable, or being able to sympathise with, but audiences have short memories MB and other shows prove that..so depending on wat they show going forward he could b forgiven by the audience, but maybe not understood or sympathised with...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-11-24, 18:33

Zu, nice post...i dont want to compare but arnav was more justified...he deserved sympathy...shlok,i dnt knw his reasons...but whatever may b his reasons he is not forgiveable as arnav was...both the actors did good job at the episode...unmanaged mistery n relied upon twists killed the essence of love/story...i tried to give it a fair chance but i failed...i cnt connect much to it...
Friday epi was depressing...i didnt like it at all...makers r unable so did they show shlok a maniac...they again proved, they r confused...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-11-24, 18:48

RS08 wrote:

Nice post Zu.
thats to show him dark..wud have suited if the frustrating 'suspense' was nt used as pawn to pull viewers' interest...dark char,so may b okay to show hm mentally disturbed n disordered,further reasoning can make hm luk justified if executed well...but he needs Asylum not Aastha to get cured..ab serial ka rule hai ji, Aastha is the Actual Asylum...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-24, 18:57

Aasudi wrote:
RS08 wrote:

Nice post Zu.
thats to show him dark..wud have suited if the frustrating 'suspense' was nt used as pawn to pull viewers' interest...dark char,so may b okay to show hm mentally disturbed n disordered,further reasoning can make hm luk justified if executed well...but he needs Asylum not Aastha to get cured..ab serial ka rule hai ji, Aastha is the Actual Asylum...
Agree 100 % Sush... Astha has to be the doormat, the psychologist , the lover , the asylum... That's too much yo ask from anyone...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-11-24, 20:00

Cannot compare with Arshi....It was easy 2 connect with them and reasons behind Arnav's decision for marriage was genuine and convincing

Here things r different...Slok getting married just 4 revenge, how he think 2 bear Astha for a life time or does expect she will leave him soon so that he can be free from the burden?
I think he is a pyscho and a woman hater like his dad

Astha's behaviour...I dnt have any clue....even after strong warnings she choose Slok...really strange. I think her character is not like Khushi. Astha falls in the group of emotional-immature blind lovers

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by MissB on 2013-11-24, 21:33

anusha.cochin wrote:Astha's behaviour...I dnt have any clue....even after strong warnings she choose Slok...really strange. I think her character is not like Khushi. Astha falls in the group of emotional-immature blind lovers
I just find it hard to believe a girl can fall in love with a man who slapped, there was no reaction she just took the slap quietly and after that she fell in love with the man, whatever the CV's are trying to create in this character is really lost on my sense of imagination, which is why i find it hard to relate with her, because there is nothing about the character that is realistic.... and I think that are is where Gul Khan was better, she was able to demonstrate both Khushi and Arnav as individuals first and when they came together as couple they were dynamite which made them believable as viewers were able to relate and empathise with.

MissB

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 12:39

Nice post Zu.

The foundation to Arhi marriage was laid solidly and therefore however hateful Arnav's actions were you could understand why he did it. And we could understand Khushi's sacrifice too because she always felt indebted to her adopted family and would do anything for her sister too.

Here, there is no foundation. They have done nothing to explain to the viewers why Shlok is behaving this way.. if there had been some groundwork somewhere it could be understood. But nothing. And now, with his psychotic  behavior it leaves everything in limbo. Aastha too never questioned his changed attitude, ignored every warning sign and her parents' wishes and carried on.

There better be a solid explanation for this marriage. If not, it is going to be a huge disappointment.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-11-25, 12:44

slmu wrote:Nice post Zu.

The foundation to Arhi marriage was laid solidly and therefore however hateful Arnav's actions were you could understand why he did it. And we could understand Khushi's sacrifice too because she always felt indebted to her adopted family and would do anything for her sister too.

Here, there is no foundation. They have done nothing to explain to the viewers why Shlok is behaving this way.. if there had been some groundwork somewhere it could be understood. But nothing. And now, with his psychotic  behavior it leaves everything in limbo. Aastha too never questioned his changed attitude, ignored every warning sign and her parents' wishes and carried on.

There better be a solid explanation for this marriage. If not, it is going to be a huge disappointment.
I can't c them showin a solid explanation, revenge seems to b the reason... the way the show has been i don't c them working at making a compelling argument for it...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 12:47

sarra0 wrote:

I can't c them showin a solid explanation, revenge seems to b the reason... the way the show has been i don't c them working at making a compelling argument for it...
Yes and that will be what will make it most disappointing.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 12:50

Shanti long hug 

Exactly its so flimsily built plot that you dont feel any emotions or connect with the charcaters....suppose he starts feeling for Aastha in real now we wont be able to appreciate it nor understand

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 12:53

sarra0 wrote:

You are right sarra...I dont have any hopes of them giving us a solid reason for this stupid hate marriage ...the charcaterisation of Shlok is OTT ..he looks like a villain so whatever they do they cant turn him back into a hero

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 12:57

zuzana wrote:

Shanti long hug 

Exactly its so flimsily built plot that you dont feel any emotions or connect with the charcaters....suppose he starts feeling for Aastha in real now we wont be able to appreciate it nor understand
Agreed. At some stage they should have paused and had a monologue or some flashback to explain his behavior.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-25, 12:59

zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

You are right sarra...I dont have any hopes of them giving us a solid reason for this stupid hate marriage ...the charcaterisation of Shlok is OTT ..he looks like a villain so whatever they do they cant turn him back into a hero
That is true.. turning him back to a hero will look weird. That is why they need an extra long repentance or some equally nasty behavior on Aastha's part so that we can say, they deserve each other.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 13:03

Nice post Zu.
as sarra said I dont have hopes of any convincing reason....

Yes I too believe Arnav married kushi for selfish reasons :* emb*: 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 13:06

slmu wrote:
zuzana wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

That is true.. turning him back to a hero will look weird. That is why they need an extra long repentance or some equally nasty behavior on Aastha's part so that we can say, they deserve each other.
Nice POV Shanti :lol!: ..tit for tat Thumbsup 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum