Latest topics

Torture them!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torture them!

Post by Abavi on 2013-11-25, 15:18

I am seriously put off by characters like Shlok and Niranjan. Though this is reel, there are men like them who exist in this world.

Whats more, these men intimidate women so much that the women in their lives are in living hell and they are bullied so much that they do not even have courage to complain about their "monster" husbands to the outside world- Partly due to fear, partly due to society image, partly due to children, and what not.

What would you like to do to such men?

How would you like to torture them if given an opportunity?

I would rather wind him up in a chair and beat him up just like he beats up his wife and children, next time if he even thinks of hitting them, he should shiver.

On a serious note, I have read that the mentality of those men or the women who get tortured are very different from what we think is a easy solution. The fear imprinted on the victims is so much that it isnt as simple as we think.

What do u all think?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Torture them!

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-25, 15:45

Abavi wrote:I am seriously put off by characters like Shlok and Niranjan. Though this is reel, there are men like them who exist in this world.

Whats more, these men intimidate women so much that the women in their lives are in living hell and they are bullied so much that they do not even have courage to complain about their "monster" husbands to the outside world- Partly due to fear, partly due to society image, partly due to children, and what not.

What would you like to do to such men?

How would you like to torture them if given an opportunity?

I would rather wind him up in a chair and beat him up just like he beats up his wife and children, next time if he even thinks of hitting them, he should shiver.

On a serious note, I have read that the mentality of those men or the women who get tortured are very different from what we think is a easy solution. The fear imprinted on the victims is so much that it isnt as simple as we think.

What do u all think?
Vi I have seen such men in real life outside in the roads.....in the supermarket admonishing wives in the public and in the public transport shouting at them in high pitched voices..and you know what I have seen so many of them all being Indians...in other communities like chinese couples they do fight but it looks balanced both will be shouting at each other :lol!: unlike Indian couple where the wife is being helpless and quiet Evil or Very Mad 

But I do believe that protest at the beginning of it will stop them from getting more violent...you just dont protest it will tend to make the abuser more brave and continue with it

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-11-25, 16:09

Zu, Abusive husbands are everywhere. Its not limited only to one particular country.

Also, Kolaikara Nai Kadikaathu... Indian men who shout in public are all Kolaikara Nais... they dont bite...

You are right, protesting at the beginning itself will help to an extent.
What if protesting makes them become more violent? Do such cases need a serious medical help?

Most of the girls are like Astha. They are shocked that their rosy dreams are shattered by reality that they go numb and mute when they witness this kind of abuse for the first time in their life.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by abi_niki on 2013-11-25, 23:57

Abavi wrote:Zu, Abusive husbands are everywhere. Its not limited only to one particular country.

Also, Kolaikara Nai Kadikaathu... Indian men who shout in public are all Kolaikara Nais... they dont bite...

What if protesting makes them become more violent? Do such cases need a serious medical help?

Most of the girls are like Astha. They are shocked that their rosy dreams are shattered by reality that they go numb and mute when they witness this kind of abuse for the first time in their life.
Call   "kaka kaka ACP Anbuselvam and Durai singham" .....just for fun

Give tight slaps till anger went out and leave from there for ever....

My friend usually says, I ll kill them by mixing poison in food or milk... silent way....

I think in real life, you are right girls become weak when see this as first time..... So we have to practice our mind set how to react in MIL's home...

Normally I think that, balanced system will be obtained , if we are all determined in
 " [ Men- Women] [Respect each other] [ Promise yourself; I am responsible for your identity and you are responsible for mine]"

and I feel, Astha's blind trust leads her to this state...

abi_niki
Bronzie
Bronzie

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-26, 07:35

Abavi wrote:Zu, Abusive husbands are everywhere. Its not limited only to one particular country.

I agree abusive husbands are all around but definitely lesser in proportion in the place I stay....and do you know that even husbands are abused but in a smaller propertion :lol!: 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by RS08 on 2013-11-26, 07:53

In this serial, aastha has been portrayed as a girl who is wanting a knight in shinning armour, a guy who will bow down to all her whims & fancies, look after her, nourish & nurture her, be her saviour, make her happy all the time. Why do millions of women think this way & feel that is what will make them feel better. We women should not look for approval or decide or worthiness based on other people. Why cant they think what is it that I can do for myself, stand up for myself and make my presence felt. Do something worthy which will make me independent & stable in life, which in turn will make me feel better.
Its high time indian serials stop portraying women as just a wife or a bahu who is sacrificing everyday, because all over the world women are doing so many different things & bringing so many positive changes.

RS08

Back to top Go down

Post by MissB on 2013-11-26, 08:01

you're very right on that front where abusive men are everywhere... nd whats funny is the way they change the mentality of the girl... 

protesting would help at first, by I feel that there are some parents that don't wanna believe.. that fear is then preyed upon by the men.... because they are so respectable to their wife in public nd private they constantly abuse them, it would be hard to find someone to believe them if they do protest....

we also need to understand that the society we are in is very biased... some people blame the woman for whatever happens to them, by making statement like "she must have done something to provoke him" which is why for me Abuse and R*pe are very sensitive areas of conversation for me because its hard for people to believe what is being said especially when that person that is referred to as the Abuser is of an upright character in the environment such is the case of Nj and Shlok...

The only advise I can give to a woman is never to believe that it is ur fault ur husband raises his hand on you because when you took a vow he promised to protect you and keep you safe... so most women should train themselves in the art of self protection so that they are able to protect themselves from abusive husbands

MissB

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-11-26, 11:25

Astha shud pour hot water n Slok's head and place hot iron box n his body while sleeping

he thks Astha wont tell abt his torture 2 any1 ....same applies 4 him too...If Astha tortures him he cant complain 2 his family abt Astha...so she shud thnk n this way and torture him as much as possible

she need 2 avoid him and find a new boyfriend:) Ultimately that can lead 2 jealousy n Slok

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-11-26, 12:17

Nice post Vi. 

I think most abuser are actually cowards. They would back down if challenged. But of course, not many woman are in a position to do so.

As to what should be done to such men - how about the Chinese water torture? Tie them up and suspend water about their heads in such a manner that a drop falls every few now and then.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:26

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum