Latest topics

From Her Birthday to His...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 00:28

Writing in after a long-ish bit .... honestly nothing about the last week made me want to write, and I really didn't want to force me there - that is, except for the Friday episode, and then tonite's.

Some really serious developments have come up in the case of certain key characters and how they have moved in the story of Jalal and Jodha.

Hmm... now, there is something to bind up the ongoings of the last week (and a few days of the last-er week).

What I'm putting down now are some random thoughts.

First off, Rajat's performance has been really, really bang on with respect to everything that needed to be portrayed for Jalal given the painful situation he is in.

Jalal truly shows why he is Shah-en-shah-e-hind. The man is able to keep his emotions from running his mind - even in a situation that hurts him on a deepest level.

I wonder if the one missing bead from his crown on the day of judgment stood for the loss of Bakshi Bano from the list of people he really loved and trusted. In his own words - the culprit was found to be the one person about whom he wouldn't have believed a crime even if the angels of heaven told him so.

It was a totally different Jalal - not only a king, not only a brother, but both - when he extracted the confession from Bakshi. It was mind boggling to see him assuring her of his love and care for her, even though he knew she was the one who had backstabbed him. Yet, in all the proceedings from there on, Jalal didn't show any mercy to the culprit.

He may have broken down, but Bakshi doesn't get to see his merciful side. He is deaf to her calls for mercy - and rightly so. Though he clearly recognizes her willing blindness in the matter, and knows that Sharif was not up to simply breaking up Jodha and Jalal relationship, but was leading a rebellion from the inside, he is just in his dealings with her.

What does break one's heart is to see Jalal come to Maaham for support and consolation - a greater agony awaits him in future. While Bakshi misled Jalal about Jodha's pregnancy, Maahan has actually murdered his unborn child.

Yet in all this, there is a ray of hope, yet faint but still there. Jalal has come to trust Jodha. He doesn't know why, but he does. He declares to Bakshi - he's never trusted his own shadow, yet he has come to trust this one woman, Jodha.

He tells Jodha that he trusts her. He shows that he trusts her not only in investigating on her behalf, protecting her, and giving her justice - but also in allowing her to judge his beloved sister, Bakshi. It takes great courage and great trust to be able to do that.

He is yet unable to talk about Bakshi and refuses to face her - part of me feels that this is because he fears that the brother in him might overtake the king and he could not allow that to happen.

Well, he has sent off his armies to goodness knows where (maybe I missed it) to Sharif or the other rebel brother-in-law?

Anyhow, he earned what seemed like genuine praise from Maaham over his speech. I agree with Maaham here - Jalal has matured as a king. What he learnt of his army's actions in Amer (from Jodha) he's put it into practice in his speech to his army. He's told them to identify the real enemy and to keep off their women and kids.
(Good work on maintaining the link, CVs!)

Way to go, Jalal. No wonder, Maaham looks on with the pride of a mother hen!

Coming to Maaham - one tricky spot of a woman!

Could one be so double-faced that one face functions totally oblivious to the other one?

Maaham seems genuinely hurt when Jalal broke down in her room. Even later, she is fuming about never forgiving Bakshi because she'd never seen Jalal so humiliated and hurt.

Has she forgotten that she's inflicted a much greater wound? How does she claim to love Jalal (even if less than her own son) and then kill his unborn child ... and then feel bad if someone else attempts to hurt Jalal?

Is this some type of psychological ailment - she owns Jalal to hurt him, but no one else dare hurt him!

Her wishes and blessings for him, her delight in seeing him rule with wisdom and observing how he's matured over the years - seem so genuine that it'd be hard to see her as the woman who poisoned Ruqaiya's baby.

Maaham's type of love is dangerous to the point of being fatal.

Talking of love... aah Bakshi Bano.

This lass claims to be in love. And not just love - beintehaan love. She is floating in endless sea of love - or so she thinks.

Now, that is strange. Love, as I understand it (now I am not romantic, but yes there are a few people I love :)), makes one fearless. Yes. But love, true love, does not rob one of one's senses. It aids understanding; it doesn't kill it. It is kind and selfless; it does not produce selfishness.

The only thing that Bakshi is floating in is endless fear and loads of self-pity.
She is completely fear-driven. She doesn't love Sharif - she is simply afraid to be alone. The pitiful thing doesn't realize that even with the man around, she was always alone.

I do not agree - for the first time - with Salema's response or viewpoint to Bakshi's actions. It may have held water if Bakshi was actually in love. Moreover, Jodha's half-baked viewpoint, gained from Salema's gyaan, is even more superficial and lacks solidity.

What Bakshi did was, at best, stupid and cowardly, and at worst, treason against her own brother and family.

In fact, I do not agree with Jodha's explanation to Jalal later on.
Even if she had no clue why Sharif wanted her to do what she did, yet, she knew very well in her heart that this action would hurt her brother's heart in the worst manner, and strip an innocent woman of her dignity. Both can seldom be replaced.
Yet, she chose to do it.

Between Sharif and Bakshi - Bakshi turned out to be greater culprit, not lessor.
After all, what is worse than a foe in a friend's garb!

Friends. Yes, Ruqaiya has been a great friend to Jalal. Of course, she has her own reasons - and her own priorities.

It wasn't exactly surprising that when she discovered Bakshi's crime, her first reaction was that of shock - no, not for Bakshi being the culprit. It was at Sharif being the conspirator. A bigger shock for her was that 'she' did not know what was cooking in the palace!

The realization of Jalal's pain made a special appearance. And then - the sheer exultation of knowing that there is no other woman who's won in the race to be the first one to Jalal.

In the race to reach Jalal as the first and closest queen, Ruqu is barely keeping up with the friend, and the wife is trailing far, far ... far behind. Actually, she even stopped being friends when she had thought that Jalal was favoring Jodha more than her.

(but aww.... love the happy birthday scene with Jalal and Ruqu! It was done really well... yet, a friend, not a wife.)

Speaking of wives ... Salema has been the best

Talk about being a support system, a friend in need, someone who believes, someone who does more than just believe and actually does something about it, someone who is kind and open-minded and brave - brilliant combo, and after all this - manages to keep her head on her shoulders completely free of any form of pride.

Little wonder that she is trusted by both Jalal and Jodha and everyone else for that matter.

Jalal - it was probably a bout of sheer genius that in time of need for loyalty, support, belief and action; he chose to turn to Salema.

She's even managed to have someone as headstrong as Jodha have second thoughts or so about the king and his decisions. The woman is honest - and such people are just as hard to beat, as they are to find.

Even now, Jalal respects her wisdom and loyalty way more than any gift she can bring him.

It is Salema who has been a vital catalyst in removing the word 'ghrina' from Jodha's vocab - finally, if not friend or a wife, at least Jodha is no longer a carrier of hatred or never-ending doubts.

Jodha ... one tiny step over a small word called 'ghrina' and giant leap for Jodha's character, as a whole. Finally, the end of ghrina comes over.

Jodha has made fantastic decision to forgive Bakshi - I Loved that! It may seem fickle, but honestly, forgiveness is a choice for the giver and doesn't depend on the receiver's qualification.
She went and apologized to the king - I wanted that, but wasn't expecting that - so that's a bonus for me!
She's been trying (as usual) to do the impossible to get Jalal reconciled with his sister. She gets it that he is king, but she is driven by her emotions and keeps the relationship above the ruler.
What's more - she's now, very sloowwwlllyy, really understanding his place and feels for him.

Jodha has grown at snail pace - and even though she is over ghrina, yet her steps are still small and much-calculated.

She saw and understood Jalal's pain over Bakshi Bano - but only in the fact that she had some newly-acquired gyaan on the matter from Salema and she 'analyzed' the situation. The man came into her room to query about her judgment and left in tears. Jodha's reaction? - Shah-en-Shah you lie that you don't have a heart.

Yes, she saw and she understood - but only with the mind, not heart.

Tonight, perhaps was the first time that she actually 'felt' anything for him apart from the usual ghrina, even if it was 'sad'. I s'pose it ought to be celebrated that finally Jodha felt sad for Jalal's position, his pain, his helplessness - to the point that she wept for him.

Yes, her reactions towards him are growing friendlier each day - so is Jalal's - though both of them will hurry up to tell each other (and others) - 'don't mistake it for love!'

Is she really seeking ways to come talk to him, as Jalal jokes? One can only guess - though Jodha would go defensive and answer that she's his begum and doesn't need bahanas! True there, girl! Way to go!

They remind me of an old song:

Tere husn ki kya tareef karun,
kucch kehte hue bhi darta hun,
kahin bhool se tu na samajh baithe,
ke main tujh se mohabbat karta hun

Mere dil main kasak si hoti hai
teri raah se jab main guzarti hun
is baat se ye na samajh lena
ke main tujh se mohabbat karti hun

Though - yeah, I do doubt that they're actually in love as yet. It seems they've reached a stage where they've cast off their earlier personal viewpoints and gained a mutual respect for each other.

All in all - there was the paheli of the Scales of Justice at Jodha's birthday, resolved with the judgment of Bakshi bano.

There is Ruqu's paheli this time. Let's see what gets resolved this time.
After all, Jalal's words ring out for his birthday memory - who knew that this one would change his life.

Now - how many people can cause life-altering changes for Jalal?
3. Hmm... what makes me think it is Ruqu this time round? Or perhaps Maaham considering Adham's stupidity? Oops!

~_~

The Shatranj ka Khel

This was more of a hunch, than anything else.

The ongoings at the palace and in Jalal's life remind me of the chess game that was once played.

Slowly all those who were to protect Ruqaiya's Shah-en-shah got so involved in uprooting Jodha's game, that eventually, no one was left to defend him and Jodha's Baadshah won.

With Jodha as the cause, two of Jalal's trusted people have been proved untrustworthy - and Jodha has gained grounds in terms of trust. It is uncanny - just an observation - by some act of chance, Jodha is causing the removal of Aasteen ke Saanp from Jalal's life.

In one of the first strokes, both Sharif and Bakshi are out. Jalal may someday forgive Bakshi, but could he trust her again? It is difficult for a person like Jalal.

Others in this circle are: Maaham, Hamida, Ruqaiya, Salema.

Hamida and Salema have proven their unconditional commitment to him.

Ruqaiya claims to love him. Nay her words are 'hum Jalal ko chahte hain'.
And as Jodha explains, there is a world of difference between chahna and paana. She makes it amply clear that Ruqu isn't, nor ever was, in love with Jalal. She has a different kind of relationship that has sprung forth from her childhood friendship with him.

Maaham - oh dear! Yes, there is a weird, dangerous kind of love here.

Gradually, Jalal might come to see that the people he'd actually felt love and trust for, despite his claims of being heartless, consist mostly of those that love him for a 'purpose'.

Bakshi loves him for the relationship she has with him, but counts him lower than her fears (Sorry, I don't see her feeling for Sharif as love!)
Maaham ... a sad kind of love that keeps Jalal (who really loves and respects her above all) lower than her own unworthy son
Ruqu loves him for she is his childhood friend and first wife, but she keeps Jalal lower than her aspirations for the title of Begum-e-khaas and Jalal's favorite wife.

Salema - respects him, admires him as a king, may be a committed friend and loyal adviser to him - but as for love - there is no love here.

Hamida is Jalal's mother. Her love for her son is unconditional. Yet, there came a point when Jalal was fighting death and, though Hamida was in agony over her son, she was in greater agony over the Moghul lineage.

No one really loves Jalal for who he is - though every one of those people is in love with one or the other facet of him or his position. Has anyone really seen the real Jalal? He is king but really not the first priority in anyone's life solely because they love the person, Jalal - with or without the 'king', the 'moghul' attribute attached to him.

On the day of Bakshi's judgment, perhaps a mistake, but one of his crown's pearls came off. Is another one going down?!

~_~

The Aasteen Ke Saanps

It is hard to decide who among Sharif and Adham is a greater idiot!

I can't believe that he did what he did, because he was jealous that Jalal married Jodha. I think if Jodha hears Sharif's moan, she'd die laughing! He really thinks someone who didn't spare the Shah-en-shah could ever be his trophy? Seriously? Jodha might've preferred a dagger through her heart.

I wonder where Jalal has sent his army - to battle Sharif or the other bro-in-law who rebelled?

And Adham - I wondered why Adham wasn't dragged off the roof during Moti's case when I saw him eyeing the teenage girl. Okay - so those are the 16th century people and in fact until the time of my grandmother, girls got married in teens - but, seeing Adham be his regular self with a kid sent shivers up my spine.

What was slightly bothersome was that Jodha didn't do much about Moti's news about Adham carrying the girl to his room for some work.

What's even more surprising is that though Maaham smelled a rat, she hasn't yet done anything about it.

(Javeda, of course, has a bad case of blocked senses. She couldn't smell a dead rat if it was placed below her nose!)

This is gonna get huge. Oh yes, this is gonna get huge.
Wonder what Maaham will cook up this time to save Adham? And if she does manage to shield him this time, does Jodha help Jalal smell the rat?

~_~

By the way, Rahim is the cutest little cupid there ever was.

He's changed the direction of Jalal's gift hunting from Ruqu's gift to Jodha's.
I don't think Ruqu's gonna like it though she may not be able to say a lot to Rahim - or would she?

I think it might be pretty much a zor ka jhatka if Jalal happens to appreciate Jodha's gift more than others'. For Ruqu, diverging Jalal from her designed path is an ouch scenario! To have him appreciate the diversion is gonna be - Hoshiyaar better keep some solid painkiller-ka-ark ready!

Last edited by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 18:16; edited 2 times in total

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: From Her Birthday to His...

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-27, 09:03

There is just one point that I beg to differ in opinion.
Ruqaiya with all her apparent haughtiness had a deep rooted love for jalal and has stood by him through the thick and thin of life. Her position in jalal's life is not replaceable. This was clear during smilie's last episode and recenly during the jo-ja virtual baby track.
Jodha on the other hand has always backed out whenever it mattered. Like during the religion issue she was not ready to budge a bit and chose to safely hide behind hamida.
She is now so preachy on the virtue of forgiveness but was herself unwilling to forgive jalal on her imaginary charges on the thunder storm night
Did she not say -hum aapko kabhi kshamaa nahin kar sakte

She has never given jalal his due-respect, sorry, thanks, support, nothing. -at least so far.
Even the small change that has now crept in her has been the result of great changes in jalal and his out of the way efforts.
I've always found jodha's character development below the mark so fjar.
Ruqaiya is better in solidarity if not in temperament

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Arpitha on 2013-11-27, 10:47

sooo truee........Jodha will help Jalal to come through alll those Blind Love.cheers

Arpitha
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 11:00

sandhya wrote:There is just one point that I beg to differ in opinion.  
Ruqaiya with all her apparent haughtiness had a deep rooted love for jalal and has stood by him through the thick and thin of life. Her position in jalal's life is not replaceable. This was clear during smilie's last episode and recenly during the jo-ja virtual baby track.
Jodha on the other hand has always backed out whenever it mattered.  Like during the religion issue she was not ready to budge a bit and chose to safely hide behind hamida.
She is now so preachy on the virtue of forgiveness but was herself unwilling to forgive jalal on her imaginary charges on the thunder storm night
Did she not say -hum aapko kabhi kshamaa nahin kar sakte

She has never given jalal his due-respect, sorry, thanks, support, nothing. -at least so far.
Even  the small change that has now crept in her has been the result of great changes in jalal and his out of the way efforts.
I've always found jodha's character development below the mark so fjar.
Ruqaiya is better in solidarity if not in temperament
I agree that Ruqu is loyal to him and does love him - but it isn't the kind of companionship a wife provides. She's more of a friend to him. If she had taken the place of a wife in his life, he wouldn't feel alone, like he does.

Yes, Jodha's development is slow, but it is good for her.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-27, 12:09

Best Friends make best spouses.
Jalal feels alone because of a lost childhood and not because of lack of a proper wife.

Ruqaiya has always been there for jalal so she can't be expected to make up for the void but jodha being a new addition can do it.
Both jalal and ruqaiya feel strongly but can't express. jodha on the other hand is eloquent and possesses word power. But when it comes to actions so far she has come a cropper.her taking refuge behind hamida on religious issue doesn't speak of strength of character.
If jodha is special to jalal it is because he consides her so not because she has done anything to deserve it.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-27, 12:23

Thanks for such a lovely write up Shalini....As ur DP once said: Awesome!!! 

I am hooked on to that one sentence...this bday will change life forever...and am very curious to see what it is......loved ur points too :)

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 14:03

sandhya wrote:Best Friends make best spouses.
Jalal feels alone because of a lost childhood and not because of lack of a proper wife.

Ruqaiya has always been there for jalal so she can't be expected to make up for the void but jodha being a new addition can do it.
Both jalal and ruqaiya feel strongly but can't express. jodha on the other hand is eloquent and possesses word power. But when it comes to actions so far she has come a cropper.her taking refuge behind hamida on religious issue doesn't speak of strength of character.
If jodha is special to jalal it is because he consides her so not because she has done anything to deserve it.
Dearie... nowhere am i stating that Jodha is a better friend or a wife to Jalal. As of now she is neither. In fact, I am not comparing the two at all - that isn't the viewpoint behind this write-up at all. I haven't stated that Jodha is special to anyone.

I am not advocating Jodha or persecuting Ruqu. I am not emotionally bound to any character :)

This is a plain observation on how characters have shown and grown themselves considering situation.

I'm not sure why you feel the way you seem to be feeling. :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-27, 14:36

Of course you are not.
Sorry if I sounded vehement.
Jodha's character development over recent weeks has irked me so much that I have come to ghrina the character.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 15:48

sandhya wrote:Of course you are not.
Sorry if I sounded vehement.
Jodha's character development over recent weeks has irked me so much that I have come to ghrina the character.
No need to be sorry, buddy! :)I can understand. Sometimes the characters get us emotional.

Actually - while I was doing the write-up, I made another observation regarding Jodha that I missed putting in.

Until Jodha came in, the only people Jalal trusted were the ones who have been with him most of his entire life. Jodha is the only person who is a few months old with him and he's come to trust her.

Now, Jodha hasn't actively done anything to earn the trust. However, just as her actions have shown her pettiness, naivete, and even her fickle-ness (for the want of a better word) it's also shown that she is incapable of anything selfish or vicious. She may be dumb and vain, but she's not evil. Even though unwittingly, she's ended up showing her weakest sides to Jalal - who's taken it in his stride to support her, and eventually trust her.

That's quite an achievement for someone who does as less as Jodha when it comes to growing up as an individual.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-11-27, 16:15

Felt like a feast for a starving Man,

Loved reading you, SHals..esp the tieups

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by The Witty Kitty on 2013-11-27, 16:36

Beautifully written !

I for one have oft wanted to slap Jodha for her santimonious lectures and inflexibility and refusal to adjust. Ruqs is all about auhadaa. Begum-e-khaas and first in every race. Basically a sore loser.

If she didn't like Rahim so much, Aaj shayad she might have ordered his beheading!

The Witty Kitty
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 18:19

Tanthya wrote:Felt like a feast for a starving Man,

Loved reading you, SHals..esp the tieups
bounce  Thank you, buddy! :D

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-27, 18:23

Vsc94 wrote:Beautifully written !

I for one have oft wanted to slap Jodha for her santimonious lectures and inflexibility and refusal to adjust. Ruqs is all about auhadaa. Begum-e-khaas and first in every race. Basically a sore loser.

If she didn't like Rahim so much, Aaj shayad she might have ordered his beheading!
Thank you!
And I agree. there have been times I've wanted to jolt Jodha out of her speech. She's like a programmed robot that would go off at the press of a button.

And yeh Ruqu has been all about her title. Poor girl!

She is gonna crib about Rahim, but I think the bigger crib would be about Jodha's gift receiving Jalal's appreciation. Until now, Jodha has managed to give really well-thought gift - well, she had one such occasion at Ruqu's baby party - and Jalal had declared it the best one he got from anyone for his baby. Let's see what she gives him now.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-28, 09:49

Shalini I super loved the post..from the first word to last just mesmerising read. Awesome !!!cheers 

Loved Salima..a very good advisor ..the most I liked was how she trusted Jodha ..Ruqs cannot say much about her love,,,she coming out as a quite shallow person.

Jodha yes is making small timy steps to relaisation..and I so agree with you Bakshi Bano's love styory doesnt hold much stance.

Maham..I am shocked at her two faces! Shocked 

Jalal came out quite dignified with hsi head held high...though he hurt so much in this fiasco

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by megharanjini on 2013-11-28, 12:06

Beautifully written Shalini, I loved it.

megharanjini
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-28, 12:07

Thank you! :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-11-29, 13:27

zuzana wrote:Shalini I super loved the post..from the first word to last just mesmerising read. Awesome !!!cheers 

Loved Salima..a very good advisor ..the most I liked was how she trusted Jodha ..Ruqs cannot say much about her love,,,she coming out as a quite shallow person.

Jodha yes is making small timy steps to relaisation..and I so agree with you Bakshi Bano's love styory doesnt hold much stance.

Jalal came out quite dignified with hsi head held high...though he hurt so much in this fiasco

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-11-29, 17:06

zuzana wrote:
zuzana wrote:Shalini I super loved the post..from the first word to last just mesmerising read. Awesome !!!cheers 

Thank you, buddy!

flower

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: