Latest topics

Radiating gold

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Radiating gold

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-28, 21:51

So finally a long pending wish has come true. 
Jalal gets a new attire (though only coat)

While it used to be only jodha begum who used to radiate yellow wherever she went, today it was jalal who was radiating gold.

Not just in attire but in nature as well.

To appreciate heart fully is a quality seldom found in emperors.  But jalal did that gracefully and charmingly.

Today he has taken the first step to becoming akbar.  He  appreciated the importance of awaam ki mohabbat and izzat for the shahenshah. 

The character and the actor are turning golden day by day.

But the events that led to this great change in the emperor looked somewhat contrived and dramatic. It lacked the easy flow of yesterday. The dialogues were Cliched.  

This certainly would not have been the first time the emperor does some good for the state or receive its thanks.( Jalal has never shown to do any ruthless act even under the tutelage of bairam khan.
He charges to malwa to punish AK who is atrocious to the praja. Even before his nikaah with jodha he has always worried about how history will categorize him.)

When praja can reach the diwaan-e-aam with complaints of petty thefts and husband accusing wife with charges of adultery, certainly they can approach the emperor with their water problems. 

And how did jodha begum who is showered with glorious praises of gifting the best, know exactly of water problem in this remote village and the way to the place.

though there were oafs like AK in jalal's court, there certainly were responsible ministers as well who dealt with the civil affairs of the state. Certainly the mughal sultanate was not dependent on its begums to link with their shahenshah. 

Somehow the entire sequence of events seemed trite with the sole aim of glorifying jodha.  The cvs have joined hands with the hamida banu trio in indulging jodha.  The only saving grace was that jodha gave a part of credit to jalal's innate goodness (the sudden epiphany must have occurred after she was the direct beneficiary during the fake pregnancy track). She looked graceful throughput. 

It was Rajat's natural acting that diminished the sense of unnatural  melodrama in the episode.

All said and done,  friends we begin with phase 2 of jo-ja journey-friendship. Melodrama or not the show is worth the watch because of its golden hero.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Radiating gold

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-11-28, 22:07

Absolutely love your take... Yes, Jalal has made those incognito trips so many times before... He had mastered those skills to the point of learning local dialect ( isn't that what baffled jodhdha when he was first caught in Amer?) ? Agreed, the episode was to glorify Jodhdha... I was hoping they'd show that the people who needed the well were Minorities in that area. That would make sense as to why they couldn't reach the shahenshah as well as being neglected by the Dewan. I swallow everything on JA with a pinch of salt, after all this is the only show worth watching with all it's flaws.

I always like your balanced perspective. Thumbsup 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-28, 22:22

Loved your post Sandhya ..
Now the creatives are trying to show how Jodha will slowly have her affect on Jalal's decision even in matters of state kya ??..scratch scratch confused 

Why did she have to point out only one village .. There must be innumerable ones throughout  the country yaar ......
why ....many are there even till date yaar !!

This is just creative /cinematic liberties
:lol!: 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-11-28, 22:59

I personally did not like the idea of the golden robe..though the gift was given to increase the shaan of shehenshah it is not something an emperor will cherish for lifetime..the golden plated robe will eventually lose all its charm when wore out...(I strongly feel that wearing gold and flaunting and feeling proud about it are more feminine features though its totally my personal opinion :P :P )
  On the other hand Jodha's gift was more realistic and something the emperor never had...He did step out many times in disguise but the intention was never to know his aawam's problems and to reach out for their hearts...I feel Jodha meant that she just showed him what it takes to be the real king of kings, the blessings and all the praises he got are because of his good deed and feeling a heart for his praja. Today he has earned all these blessings and heart of his people..She genuinely wants his name to be written in history even above Chandragupta Maurya but that will not happen overnight and by just conquering lands...She was just a key to the lock that when opened will eventually step by step lead him to his destiny .i.e. Akbar The Great...The journey has started and is long and he need that someone who will walk along with him all the time, overcoming all the hurdles and becoming his support and hence asked for a commitment of lifetime unknowingly through his wish of getting more such gifts from her..Forever!!
   I have watched the episode only to get the message and hints CVs were trying to give forgetting how and when she got to know about his awaam's problem....She surely did not know about the water crisis, the main motto of her gift was to connect him with his people!! which he did and I then forgot all the minor details as what I was watching was more delightful :) :)

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-28, 23:31

neha wrote:I personally did not like the idea of the golden robe..though the gift was given to increase the shaan of shehenshah it is not something an emperor will cherish for lifetime..the golden plated robe will eventually lose all its charm when wore out...(I strongly feel that wearing gold and flaunting and feeling proud about it are more feminine features though its totally my personal opinion :P :P )
  On the other hand Jodha's gift was more realistic and something the emperor never had...He did step out many times in disguise but the intention was never to know his aawam's problems and to reach out for their hearts...I feel Jodha meant that she just showed him what it takes to be the real king of kings, the blessings and all the praises he got are because of his good deed and feeling a heart for his praja. Today he has earned all these blessings and heart of his people..She genuinely wants his name to be written in history even above Chandragupta Maurya but that will not happen overnight and by just conquering lands...She was just a key to the lock that when opened will eventually step by step lead him to his destiny .i.e. Akbar The Great...The journey has started and is long and he need that someone who will walk along with him all the time, overcoming all the hurdles and becoming his support and hence asked for a commitment of lifetime unknowingly through his wish of getting more such gifts from her..Forever!!
   I have watched the episode only to get the message and hints CVs were trying to give forgetting how and when she got to know about his awaam's problem....She surely did not know about the water crisis, the main motto of her gift was to connect him with his people!! which he did and I then forgot all the minor details as what I was watching was more delightful :) :)
The izzat that the real Akbar commanded from his people was unmatched.  While Chandragupta maurya ruled a predominantly aaryan community, Akbar's rule was over a pluralistic culturally diversified society.  It makes it more special that even the Hindus considered his rule Ramrajya. 

That jalal realised that the izzat that his riyaya had for him was more  essential than the khauf is the essence of what the cvs tried to convey today.  That jodha was the key to the change is supposed to be the crux of the story. 

But what I meant to say is that the events that led to such a huge realization were not convincing enough. To see, to read, to Understand is different but you have to feel the proceedings on such important events which I personally felt was missing. 

When jodha placed the shamsheer on jalal's neck you cold feel his rage, bruised ego and wish to crush her.   But the build up to jalal's huge realization lacked the strength to hit our minds.(of course, my vp)

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-28, 23:47

--sumana13-- wrote:Loved your post Sandhya ..
Now the creatives are trying to show how Jodha will slowly have her affect on Jalal's decision even in matters of state kya ??..scratch scratch confused 

Why did she have to point out only one village .. There must be innumerable ones throughout  the country yaar ......

Thanks manu,
If jodha is going to teach jalal how to rule with stagy situations and complacent all virtuous dialogues I'm really scared. More than I was of her bhaashans when she was in the ghrina mode.
But going by the precaps and spoilers it looks as though she is going to be the sole torch bearer of justice to whose cry for nyay, the entire sleeping sultanate with its shahenshah will have to wake up! 
Except for a few sparkling episodes here and there, the cvs are already making jalal look docile and a likely candidate for sainthood.  If they further demean him as ruling wisely only because of his begum, I'll have to call it quits in due respect to the real Akbar whom I truly admire.

Last edited by sandhya on 2013-11-29, 00:04; edited 1 time in total

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-29, 00:00

Shesherkobita wrote:Absolutely love your take... Yes, Jalal has made those incognito trips so many times before... He had mastered those skills to the point of learning local dialect ( isn't that what baffled jodhdha when he was first caught in Amer?) ? Agreed, the episode was to glorify Jodhdha... I was hoping they'd show that the people who needed the well were Minorities in that area. That would make sense as to why they couldn't reach the shahenshah as well as being neglected by the Dewan. I swallow everything on JA with a pinch of salt, after all this is the only show worth watching with all it's flaws.

I always like your balanced perspective. Thumbsup 
Thanks and agree with you. It is the only show worth watching. 
Any change in the course of a story or change in a character can only be brought by solid and convincing events. For a change as important as this I expected a more strong build up.
Anyway, as you said this serial is better than the rest.  Rajat makes it so.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-11-29, 00:16

sandhya wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:Loved your post Sandhya ..

Thanks manu,
If jodha is going to teach jalal how to rule with stagy situations and complacent all virtuous dialogues I'm really scared. More than I was of her bhaashans when she was in the ghrina mode.
But going but the precaps and spoilers it looks as though she is going to be the sole torch bearer of justice to whose cry for nyay, the entire sleeping sultanate with its shahenshah will have to wake up! 
Except for a few sparkling episodes here and there, the cvs are already making jalal look docile and a likely candidate for sainthood.  If they further demean him as ruling wisely only because of his begum, I'll have to call it quits in due respect to the real Akbar whom I truly admire.
The emperor Jalaluddin Akbar was in actuation a great person, a great administrator , he was just, and great warrior ..
Here Ekta is glorifying the female lead just like she does in Saas Bahu serials .... or is she trying to pacify the rebellious Rajputs by showing them how great their rajput princess was ?... She was the one who made him great ?? She was the one who was the force behind the expansion of the Moghul empire ?? Behind the excellent administration of the state ?? scratch scratch 

Come on .... viewers are not fools ... And which shehenshah exibits his birthday gifts before the entire court full of people .. Which begum presented him what ?? .. This was in poor taste yaar .. And why did he not receive any gifts from his commanders and friendly kings ?. Is that yet to be shown ?.
scratch scratch confused 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-29, 00:37

Esp when jalal compares the gift so candidly andcalls jo to take her seat beside him I felt it went against his character unless he badly wants ruqaiya to realize that she has to learn to share him with jo. Normally he is very perceptive and sensitive to others feelings. If he even sidelines ruqaiya who has been so much a part of him so long in preference to jo, just because jodha is the heroine of the story, his character will take a huge dip.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-11-29, 10:12

sandhya wrote:
neha wrote:I personally did not like the idea of the golden robe..though the gift was given to increase the shaan of shehenshah it is not something an emperor will cherish for lifetime..the golden plated robe will eventually lose all its charm when wore out...(I strongly feel that wearing gold and flaunting and feeling proud about it are more feminine features though its totally my personal opinion :P :P )
The izzat that the real Akbar commanded from his people was unmatched.  While Chandragupta maurya ruled a predominantly aaryan community, Akbar's rule was over a pluralistic culturally diversified society.  It makes it more special that even the Hindus considered his rule Ramrajya. 

That jalal realised that the izzat that his riyaya had for him was more  essential than the khauf is the essence of what the cvs tried to convey today.  That jodha was the key to the change is supposed to be the crux of the story. 

But what I meant to say is that the events that led to such a huge realization were not convincing enough. To see, to read, to Understand is different but you have to feel the proceedings on such important events which I personally felt was missing. 

When jodha placed the shamsheer on jalal's neck you cold feel his rage, bruised ego and wish to crush her.   But the build up to jalal's huge realization lacked the strength to hit our minds.(of course, my vp)
Yes all your points are valid but I have stopped criticizing the show (though I do sometimes Twisted Evil )as it is the only show I watch except Mahabharat :P :P , I am now convinced that the story will from now onwards glorify Jodha sidelining Ruqaiya at very much ease and as I know and read very little about real Jalal-Ruquaiya's relationship compared to Akbar-Mariam Zamani(Badayuni, Akbar's courtier and historian mentioned/blamed in his Muntakhab-ut-Tawarikh about MUZ being the reason of Akbar turning into a Kaafir!! ), I am perfectly fine with the flow of events as they are very much following history with their own masala added(I don't follow internet for gathering information as it is mostly biased). 
    Now coming to the show yes the village scene was quite stagey and exaggerated but from my POV this is can be considered as one of the weak performances of CVs so far...a FB was needed to show us how she got to know about his peoples troubles..so you are quite right about it.
    I did not like comparing the gifts but then again when I watched the repeat telecast Jalal mentioned Salima that the gift of gyaan and advice she has given him in Jo's fake pregnancy fiasco is more valuable to him...in DEK he mentioned Ruqu's gift to be the most precious and after seeing the sea of his people blessing him, thought this is what he never had and it was worth mentioning it to his nobles how much he liked Jodha's gift. Agreed he needed to be more gracious in his choice of words as all his chief begums have given him invaluable gifts on his bday. AFA his character is considered he did not intend to hurt any of his begum and compare their gifts...I assume it as just a choice of words as i mentioned earlier that went wrong for him. 
    About the sword scene in Amer I felt Jalal was totally wrong in having any rage and bruised ego at first place. She did not know he is Jalaluddin Mohammad unless and until he made Abdul write it on the floor before escaping. He was an enemy that time and whatever she said about him was perfectly acceptable but he went ahead on developing nafrat for her(so did she!!! :P ) and during the suicide fiasco giving this keeping sword on his neck as the reason for his nafrat which I could not digest. 
   The show has many flaws and now we as viewers have very high expectation but have faith in Ekta Maiyya as she has done research for about 1.5 years we can forgive the CVs for some bloopers and disappointments party4 party4

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-11-29, 13:06

Yes all your points are valid but I have stopped criticizing the show (though I do sometimes  )as it is the only show I watch except Mahabharat . I am now convinced that the story will from now onwards glorify Jodha sidelining Ruqaiya at very much ease and as I know and read very little about real Jalal-Ruquaiya's relationship compared to Akbar-Mariam Zamani(Badayuni, Akbar's courtier and historian mentioned/blamed in his Muntakhab-ut-Tawarikh about MUZ being the reason of Akbar turning into a Kaafir!! ), I am perfectly fine with the flow of events as they are very much following history with their own masala added(I don't follow internet for gathering information as it is mostly biased). 
    Now coming to the show yes the village scene was quite stagey and exaggerated but from my POV this is can be considered as one of the weak performances of CVs so far...a FB was needed to show us how she got to know about his peoples troubles..so you are quite right about it.
    I did not like comparing the gifts but then again when I watched the repeat telecast Jalal mentioned Salima that the gift of gyaan and advice she has given him in Jo's fake pregnancy fiasco is more valuable to him...in DEK he mentioned Ruqu's gift to be the most precious and after seeing the sea of his people blessing him, thought this is what he never had and it was worth mentioning it to his nobles how much he liked Jodha's gift. Agreed he needed to be more gracious in his choice of words as all his chief begums have given him invaluable gifts on his bday. AFA his character is considered he did not intend to hurt any of his begum and compare their gifts...I assume it as just a choice of words as i mentioned earlier that went wrong for him. 
    About the sword scene in Amer I felt Jalal was totally wrong in having any rage and bruised ego at first place. She did not know he is Jalaluddin Mohammad unless and until he made Abdul write it on the floor before escaping. He was an enemy that time and whatever she said about him was perfectly acceptable but he went ahead on developing nafrat for her(so did she!!!  ) and during the suicide fiasco giving this keeping sword on his neck as the reason for his nafrat which I could not digest. 
   The show has many flaws and now we as viewers have very high expectation but have faith in Ekta Maiyya as she has done research for about 1.5 years we can forgive the CVs for some bloopers and disappointments  

I agree with you Neha that with all its shortcomings, the show is worth the watch. In fact, it is the only show I watch. I did try the Mahabharat but again inspite of the lavish inputs, it lacked what I primarily look forward to in any book, any show - the feel, the screen viewer connect/ the words reader connect. The Yash Chopra version, though not as extravagant in comparison, was complete.

Coming back to our JA, it is terrific in parts, some episodes have been superlative. And when you just begin to expect high, there is a messy let down like yesterday's where it simply failed to touch. 

The show is fortunate to have RT in the lead who is so fantastic that for a long time to come, it may be difficult for us to see any other actor do an Akbar. RT is to Jalal what Jermey Brett is to Sherlock Holmes. Perfect. 

I have nothing against Jodha being glorified or changing Jalal to a kaafir. (He already looks a half-kaafir in attitude nowadays). But I only hope that the plots that leads to the change or Jodha's contribution to the change is realistic and deserves the glory.

As you said Neha, history is not being compromised. It is the fill in incidents that sometimes lack conviction. If only the scriptwriters and cvs could do a little more justice to the flow of story, event build up and characterization, this serial could truly become a kind of classic. With everything else in place it deserves to be.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-11-29, 14:23

Wow.....Neha, Sandhya.....I had a lovely time reading this thread....Superb!!!

Yes, I was little sad at Jalal's choice of words for comparing Jodha-Ruks gift.....wish the writer wud hav chosen some different sentences .....

On the whole....I just loved the episode....the soul talk....and the voice mod of Rajat...some of the scenes were just too good.....

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-11-29, 14:58

pollyanna wrote:Wow.....Neha, Sandhya.....I had a lovely time reading this thread....Superb!!!

Yes, I was little sad at Jalal's choice of words for comparing Jodha-Ruks gift.....wish the writer wud hav chosen some different sentences .....

On the whole....I just loved the episode....the soul talk....and the voice mod of Rajat...some of the scenes were just too good.....
Yes pallo the soul talk and RT's voice mod was mesmerising yesterday :heart: :heart:  and I feel Jalal-Jodha have started accepting and appreciating each other despite of all the flaws just like we JA lovers have loved the show despite of some of its drawbacks Heart Heart

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:28

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum