Latest topics

ILKDM#39 - Blistering Barnacles !!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM#39 - Blistering Barnacles !!!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-03, 13:32

"Humne Kuch Nahi Kiya" How appropriate  was this dialogue for Y'day's episode ??  Kisine kuch nahi kiya siwai the dialogue writer , thanks to whom we were left with a feeling of having had a momentous moment in the life of Jalal for the direction surely did not induce a feeling of  having witnessed a momentous event .

I guess I might be  a lone voice  but y'days proceedings left me bemused and untouched, The concept  was superb though but somehow it failed to translate  on the monitor, There was a feeling  of lack , of something that needed to be there but was not there, Call it the soul or the emotional content or atmosphere .. I just could not feel the earth shattering change in Jalal, reflecting further .. it might be because there were lots of implausible what if's , a willing suspension  of disbelief to imbibe the feel ( which I was not in a mood to do)..What if the well was not dug within a day?? what if the villagers had decided to come the next day ?? what if the villagers did not even have the idea of approaching the king to thank him?/ what if the guards had declined the entry of  Masses on the day of King's birthday citing the celebration as an excuse ? would Jodha  be able to give the 'perfect' gift then ?? Somehow the intensity and depth of the 'Gift' rings hollow  when there are so many  'what if's ' to consider .. I wish there was a lucidity and conviction on  how Jodha delivers the gift instead of expecting the viewer to accept  whatever they are churning.

Casting the inconsistency and the rest of  balderdash apart , The coming of age  or should we say , the raise of awareness of a King ,  From that of a conqueror to a able administrator  ..The  'Pal/moment' when a King realizes that  Being the  pride of his subjects rather than be a conquering warrior  is the ultimate trophy for a king was done deftly and without much ado .  Jalal was no stranger to disguises, he is known to change his disguises , speak the local dialect and blend in with the crowd like a chameleon, what was hitherto not dwelt on was while earlier  Jalal would disguise himself to spy on enemy countries or to wreak havoc, This time he has donned the garb to know the pulse of his nation.His intention is not to conquer but one of curiosity mingled with courtesy to honor Jodha's gift .
 The conqueror was very evident when he says that 'FEAR' is good  but it was when the people came out at the dead of  night to wish him, was the power of being an able administrator brougt home to him , but would not that happened without the intervention of Jodha, we already saw his ableness  during the Ajmer shrief trip  when he handed the crown jewels to  help succor the drought ridden subjects, We saw his foresight when he taught the greedy Dawalgarh kingdom a lesson but at the same time  helped secure Sukanya's position by handing HER the fort.. So it gives to reason that given time , the self same ability and astuteness would have extended to the kingdom and its subjects as well with or without Jodha's meddling ..What this 'Hila Ke rakhnewala' birthday did give him was a gift beyond measure .. The gift of  Friendship , A friendship that was unselfish , The friendship of Jodha ! Jodha, who would  be the beacon  , a light guiding him through the portals of being a good King , A upright King and a compassionate as well as Just King..That to me was the Best  'Pal' ..

Having been a  sincere viewer of this show , May I say I am simply getting fatigued by the fact that we are jumping from one rescue mission to another , all thanks to Jodha.. It started with Moti bai, then continued with Moti again, Jodha herself, Sukanya  and now it comes  to Tasneem..Ever since it's inception we have seen Jodha rushing to the rescue of the damsel in distress  like a NCW chairman , she is ably aided by Jalal , who  hands over  the  duty of conquering the neighboring kingdoms to his Subedars, the task of investigation and  governance to Atkha Khan  and rushes behind her in disguise or wielding the shamsheer like a honhar Sipayi !! In the parlance of Sunny deol, it has been Rescue pe rescue, rescue pe rescue .. Doesn't Jodha have any other 'Hunar' apart from the highly developed art for rescuing and giving righteous  preachings.. Why not instead of jumping from one  rescue to another , an interregnum of humor or a light hearted track where we can get to see the mischievous side of Jodha, so far Jodha reminds me of a middle aged spinster matron who has a painful needle stuck in the unmentionable part and as such  has this stiff , unbending, uncompromising attitude about her ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM#39 - Blistering Barnacles !!!

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-03, 14:06

I SINCERELY AND DUTIFULLY SECOND YOU IN EVERY THOUGHT EXPRESSED.

The birthday gift was so contrived and stagey.  As I had stated in another thread, the basic idea that the entire collection of riyaya could assemble to give their emperor dua on an important ocassion, his birthday, but even their representatives couldn't meet him on an ordinary working day in the diwan-e-aam to explain their water problems and had to wait for their mahan begum to aid them is unbelievable. The diwan-e-aam witnesses even cases of petty thefts and adultery!

Jodha's knowledge of the place could have been from a baandhi, but did she have a road map of Agra,( a place to which she is new and has not stepped out, save the day when she galloped out to suicide), so that she easily took the Shahenshah to the exact location? 

The whole situation which led the Shahenshah to his realization of duties(Again, when was he not dutiful? It is only now that he is assigning wars and management to subordinates and has immersed himself in haram politics and rescue missions, thanks to Jo begum) was phony and lacked credibility.

The CVs and Jalal alike are now only intent on praising and pleasing Jodha. They must have picked up this noble trait from tha Hamida Banu trio!

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-03, 14:47

sandhya wrote:I SINCERELY AND DUTIFULLY SECOND YOU IN EVERY THOUGHT EXPRESSED.

The birthday gift was so contrived and stagey.  As I had stated in another thread, the basic idea that the entire collection of riyaya could assemble to give their emperor dua on an important ocassion, his birthday, but even their representatives couldn't meet him on an ordinary working day in the diwan-e-aam to explain their water problems and had to wait for their mahan begum to aid them is unbelievable. The diwan-e-aam witnesses even cases of petty thefts and adultery!

Jodha's knowledge of the place could have been from a baandhi, but did she have a road map of Agra,( a place to which she is new and has not stepped out, save the day when she galloped out to suicide), so that she easily took the Shahenshah to the exact location? 

The whole situation which led the Shahenshah to his realization of duties(Again, when was he not dutiful? It is only now that he is assigning wars and management to subordinates and has immersed himself in haram politics and rescue missions, thanks to Jo begum) was phony and lacked credibility.

The CVs and Jalal alike are now only intent on praising and pleasing Jodha. They must have picked up this noble trait from tha Hamida Banu trio!
Thank You, Sandhya ..

Yes,  The gift was  quite contrived and far fetched ..one where we had to take a leave of our senses and fly blind in accepting that THIS was Jalal's earth shattering moment ..

Agreed.. How could not the  king not know about the  thirst of his subjects, It was not as if   they were from far off lands..Again , If there was no well in that areea, Would not there be another one in the nearby street ..from which these ppl could  replenish their  water storage.Considering the fact that Jo_ja strolled to that place and made it back to palace within a day,  The place must have been very near and it is a known fact that the King's  city will always be the best.. so why was there a scarcity of water in this area ?? It would have made more sense, had the area been remote, then the well would have evoked the gratitude tht it needed,,

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-12-03, 15:11

Nice one Satya. Ab kya bolu,

The phase of "'I want to be/will be your friend , philosopher, guide, protector of your subjects and may be lover in the future"" ka theme chal raha hai.  I am actually half asleep during the episode and often times thank my remote. 

I guess, sab holiday mood main hain. I thought there was a lot of thought behind Jalal's bday gift to JOdha, so i suppose they got tired while thinking about executing this one.

But Rajat and Maham Anga actor are superb. 
Dialogues, the one about how Jalal says that Ruqaiya begam's gift almost blinded him and Jodha's gift opened his eyes the highlight for me. 

Always a pleasure reading you dear.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-03, 15:31

Really Tanthya,

In the earlier episodes, when Jodha touches Jalal's softer feelings (upto the endearing poem for his to come Ruqaiya's child) and the dressing down she gives him of playing with justice after she was blamed for Ruqaiya's MC and then found innocent, it was believable that she was changing Jalal for the better.

But since the Ajmer trip, there is NOTHING positive that Jodha has done to improve him. Since that trip, he suddenly became perfect and Jodha became an insensitive nag, an unbending uncompromising spinster matron as you aptly put, who demands things SHE believes right (sometimes it is and sometimes it is not) be done as if it were her right by birth and was his obligation to fulfil. At least if the tiger attack had been accidental and not resulted out of Jodha's own over-confident folly, and still she had saved his life, this change would have been acceptable. I was shocked that there was no sorry from her for causing such a serious situation; only thanks to her for the lep!

Now with a preachy heroine perennially placed on the pedestal as with all soaps, and a hero whose sacred duty it is to oblige with every expectation of her, as she can never be wrong now, the serial is becoming an ordinary one. Only Rajat, with his brilliant performances, especially in some sparkling episodes here and there, makes it still special. The mass walk-out a couple of months ago has diluted the quality and feel of the show.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-03, 15:39

Ggn_girl wrote:Nice one Satya. Ab kya bolu,

The phase of "'I want to be/will be your friend , philosopher, guide, protector of your subjects and may be lover in the future"" ka theme chal raha hai.  I am actually half asleep during the episode and often times thank my remote. 

I guess, sab holiday mood main hain. I thought there was a lot of thought behind Jalal's bday gift to JOdha, so i suppose they got tired while thinking about executing this one.

Dialogues, the one about how Jalal says that Ruqaiya begam's gift almost blinded him and Jodha's gift opened his eyes the highlight for me. 

I envy you, Vandhu..You get to sleep, Me ..I am seething sometimes, tightly gripping my seat when Jodha goes on  ' yeh sahi nahi hai' mode ..what irks me is the context and the allusions that all the positive changes are through the medium of JODHA only.. why can't Jalal learn something by himself or  may be learn from Ruqaiyya too.. Most often I find Ruqaiyya's suggestions quite sensible instead of Jodha's lofty one's..

I guess so too... let us put it down to  ZRA fever  .. the dialogue is the best thing happening and keeping  the show afloat other than Rajat's and Maham's acting ... I just hope that this time around  it will be a direct clash of Adham and Jalal without Jodha acting as the referee ( she has done her job highlighting Adham's excess)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-03, 16:38

sandhya wrote:Really Tanthya,

In the earlier episodes, when Jodha touches Jalal's softer feelings (upto the endearing poem for his to come Ruqaiya's child) and the dressing down she gives him of playing with justice after she was blamed for Ruqaiya's MC and then found innocent, it was believable that she was changing Jalal for the better.

But since the Ajmer trip, there is NOTHING positive that Jodha has done to improve him. Since that trip, he suddenly became perfect and Jodha became an insensitive nag, an unbending uncompromising spinster matron as you aptly put, who demands things SHE believes right (sometimes it is and sometimes it is not) be done as if it were her right by birth and was his obligation to fulfil. At least if the tiger attack had been accidental and not resulted out of Jodha's own over-confident folly, and still she had saved his life, this change would have been acceptable. I was shocked that there was no sorry from her for causing such a serious situation; only thanks to her for the lep!

Now with a preachy heroine perennially placed on the pedestal as with all soaps, and a hero whose sacred duty it is to oblige with every expectation of her, as she can never be wrong now, the serial is becoming an ordinary one. Only Rajat, with his brilliant performances, especially in some sparkling episodes here and there, makes it still special. The mass walk-out a couple of months ago has diluted the quality and feel of the show.
Wasn't it around then that the creatives walked out , ..

The lack of remorse or self reflection  or even a  semblance of apology from Jodha  about Tiger incident  was a big let down for that character portrayal..The innate dignity that Jodha is being steadily brought down as she comes across as a toffee nosed  tiresome interferer instead of being a outraged , refined , feisty woman  ..The main reason probably has to do with the fact that the contentious issues championed by Jodha was hardly contentious at that time hence lacks the relevance to the plot line..moreover she comes across more as a activist less as a princess..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-03, 17:05

Sathya,

Love reading you after a long time. I have to catch up with the show. Anyway I do hope they improve. Hope Jodha is more successful than the NCW Chairman.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-03, 17:22

They say whatever else you do with an activist or a saint, never choose to be their wife.  The same should hold good for husbands as well which makes Jalal's plight of having to put up with Jo pathetic.
From a great and ambitious warrior, he has been reduced to a haram problem solver and an obedient follower of Jodha Begum's welfare.  But what she has done to earn such favours is still a mystery!

Of late, I've been so irked with Jo's characterization that I ask myself why I continue to watch the show. The only answer I get is Rajat's brilliance. It is not often that you get to see such a performer who excels in looks, acting nuances, actions(his terrific talwarbaazi is really really  under used in this historical!) and dialogue delivery control. He looks every inch made to portray Akbar.

Since it is the only show I watch, I'd like to wait a little longer for semblance of sense, before I quit.

(Another factor that captured my interest in the show is Shyamala Aunty's posts. But of late, they've been missing too)

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-03, 17:36

sandhya wrote:They say whatever else you do with an activist or a saint, never choose to be their wife.  The same should hold good for husbands as well which makes Jalal's plight of having to put up with Jo pathetic.
From a great and ambitious warrior, he has been reduced to a haram problem solver and an obedient follower of Jodha Begum's welfare.  But what she has done to earn such favours is still a mystery!

Of late, I've been so irked with Jo's characterization that I ask myself why I continue to watch the show. The only answer I get is Rajat's brilliance. It is not often that you get to see such a performer who excels in looks, acting nuances, actions(his terrific talwarbaazi is really really  under used in this historical!) and dialogue delivery control. He looks every inch made to portray Akbar.

Since it is the only show I watch, I'd like to wait a little longer for semblance of sense, before I quit.

(Another factor that captured my interest in the show is Shyamala Aunty's posts. But of late, they've been missing too)
@ red, Why don't we entrust the task to Jodha Begum herself as she seems to be fond of solving everybody's problem/issues/mysteries ..

I have to concur with you, Rajat is like a dervish setting each n every scene on fire, the scene turns magical when it is Maham with him, both feeding off each other ...I must also add that his scenes with Ruqaiyya also has its magic of its own .. the scenes off late are rather insipid in construction and is redeemed by the equation of Lavina and Rajat ..In fact I always consider that there is more chemistry between Ruqaiyya and Jalal than Jodha and Jalal (entirely my opinion)

I do agree, reading another viewer's  POV adds to our own viewing pleasure while giving us an unknown , unexplored perspective..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-03, 17:55

Tanthya wrote:
sandhya wrote:They say whatever else you do with an activist or a saint, never choose to be their wife.  The same should hold good for husbands as well which makes Jalal's plight of having to put up with Jo pathetic.

@ red, Why don't we entrust the task to Jodha Begum herself as she seems to be fond of solving everybody's problem/issues/mysteries ..

I have to concur with you, Rajat is like a dervish setting each n every scene on fire, the scene turns magical when it is Maham with him, both feeding off each other ...I must also add that his scenes with Ruqaiyya also has its magic of its own .. the scenes off late are rather insipid in construction and is redeemed by the equation of Lavina and Rajat ..In fact I always consider that there is more chemistry between Ruqaiyya and Jalal than Jodha and Jalal (entirely my opinion)

Mine as well. And the characters as well make more sense. Though it may sound odd, it is easier to live with a haughty but practical person who loves you than an idealistic person who expects perfection in every move of yours! The way the characters are portrayed Jalal has become Akbar due to his innate qualities. No amount of bhaashans in the lack of a convincing context can influence a person.

Bhaashans by regular soap heroines are no exceptions.

I do agree, reading another viewer's  POV adds to our own viewing pleasure while giving us an unknown , unexplored perspective..
very, true. I enjoy these interactions as well.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-12-03, 18:01

hug1 Tants

Liked ur interpretation of Jodha's gift..

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-12-04, 13:36

Tanthya wrote:

I envy you, Vandhu..You get to sleep, Me ..I am seething sometimes, tightly gripping my seat when Jodha goes on  ' yeh sahi nahi hai' mode ..what irks me is the context and the allusions that all the positive changes are through the medium of JODHA only.. why can't Jalal learn something by himself or  may be learn from Ruqaiyya too.. Most often I find Ruqaiyya's suggestions quite sensible instead of Jodha's lofty one's..

I guess so too... let us put it down to  ZRA fever  .. the dialogue is the best thing happening and keeping  the show afloat other than Rajat's and Maham's acting ... I just hope that this time around  it will be a direct clash of Adham and Jalal without Jodha acting as the referee ( she has done her job highlighting Adham's excess)
Well, you see Jalal is not your Indian TV soap heroine right, i mean it is an unwritten rule that everything good has to be learnt through the heroine only. Plus, i think CVs are establishing why Jalal actually promoted Jodha as a friend.
That said, you are right, Ruqs has a lot more good inputs. 

I stopped seething and twisting and turning in my seat now cheers  . Now i have no expectations from any TV show (thanks to dear 4Lions for that)  except my dearest Remote control and my siggie defines my exact attitude to watching TV. But, JA is loosing the momentum ..and that makes me sad. Rolling Eyes

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-05, 01:41

I loved reading tour thread Sathya .. And although I agree with you and Sandhya .. But I still enjoy this show for its entertainment value .. With out bothering about the nitty gritties ...

Sandhya and Sathya share similar thoughts .. Great yaara ..

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by megharanjini on 2013-12-05, 08:49

Blistering HUH ?
Enjoyed reading it.

megharanjini
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 11:00

megharanjini wrote:Blistering HUH ?
Enjoyed reading it.
borrowed from Captain Haddock to expresss my growing frustration :P :P 

Thank You !!! Megha..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 11:08

Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Well, you see Jalal is not your Indian TV soap heroine right, i mean it is an unwritten rule that everything good has to be learnt through the heroine only. Plus, i think CVs are establishing why Jalal actually promoted Jodha as a friend.

I stopped seething and twisting and turning in my seat now cheers  . Now i have no expectations from any TV show (thanks to dear 4Lions for that)  except my dearest Remote control and my siggie defines my exact attitude to watching TV. But, JA is loosing the momentum ..and that makes me sad. Rolling Eyes
He has got 3 heroine  why not from #1 n #2 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ... Should not it be the other way around, she gets promoted to Friend ranks cuz  she gave some invvaluable advise  rathern than she comes into friend slot cuz she has the ability to badger, nag,preach without doing adequate research.

momentum or not, this seems to be the only good one apart from Pakhi..So m watching

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 11:14

Maria J wrote:hug1 Tants

Liked ur interpretation of Jodha's gift..
Ria Jaan,

Thanksss !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-12-05, 15:02

Tanthya wrote:
Ggn_girl wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

He has got 3 heroine  why not from #1 n #2 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ... Should not it be the other way around, she gets promoted to Friend ranks cuz  she gave some invvaluable advise  rathern than she comes into friend slot cuz she has the ability to badger, nag,preach without doing adequate research.

momentum or not, this seems to be the only good one apart from Pakhi..So m watching
Valid Point dear, but #3 begam is the one of the title, so i suppose she is on top.

U watching Pakhi too, i like it..but am bit behind schedule .

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:09

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum