Latest topics

Dard-e-Mohabbat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dard-e-Mohabbat

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-04, 15:26

Yesterday, the Shahenshah-e-Hindustan felt a squirm, a dard in his imperial chest cavity.  No no... Nothing to panic.... No need to call the hakim... no attack ....no acid reflux....

Stronger flutter of ishq, thats all, which attempted yesterday to awaken his heart, the existence of which has been  unknown to the Emperor Himself and has been matter of debate among those in his closer circle!

Jodha :"Ajmer mein I saw a different roop of his. Who said he doesn't have a heart"

Jodha: "Aap ek hridayheen nirankush shahenshah hain bas" (You see, our ice maiden never fails to contradict.)

Ruqaiya:"Jodha can snatch that thing that you dont have, your dil"

Jalal:"Tum bhool rahi ho Ruqaiya, hamare paas dil nahin hai"

Jalal:"Aaj agar hamare paas dil hota to woh toot jatha Bakshi!"

After all these vehement denials the Shahenshah feels a seene mein dard as he feels when he is behad khush!  Still, the great monarch, the able administrator, the fabulous warrior, a wonderful and just human being, the very intelligent person fails to understand what it is! He looks at the moon as if the answer is secretly hidden behind it and will pop out any time! 

This being a tale of romance,( rather epic romance),whether the character is intelligent or dunce, each bhaav and anubhaav of shringaar ras has to be spilled and made to flow. Hence this anticipation and unknown flutter phase. Our Emperor has not thought for a moment, wherefrom his sense of justice and fairness to all, respect for women, tears for a small boy in the diwan-e-aam, oneness with God at Ajmer all came about if indeed he didn't own a dil and his body circulatory system found a different means of pumping blood!

Lets see what our ice maiden has done as to make the Shahenshah realize and hear his dhadkan without the stethoscope. What aspects of her did the alarm clock work to jerk awake his dil...

a) her battameezi: Probably he was sick of all the sweet tameez bestowed upon him by all and wanted a change of taste to salt.

b) her shuddha hindi : In order to understand her high sounding  words, he had to look intently at her face and in the process he fell for her.

c) her maalishes and leppings: He had quite a good number of them at Amer

d)her stealing stealthy glances when he did push-ups

e)her displaying highest resistance power, esp on thunderstorm night when he looked almost divine

f) her various hunars: Talwarbaazi, teerbaazi, singing (Hey ManMohan, what else),nrithya,  mimicking, cooking(with or without mirchi), bhaashaning, and more

g)her idealism: ability to stand up for what she believes is right without caring for the consequences (Even if it meant his own knocking the death door) . Her various campaigns -save nirdosh pashu pakshi campaign, save nirdosh baalika campaign, etc

So this mahaan madam's "I dont ghrina you anymore" has given such tremors in him.

When she finally says "Hamme prathyaksha roop se aapke prathi prem bhaav prarambha ho gaye hain. Hamare hriday mein aap hi sarvaksha vyaapak hain", he will have to look at her for a long time (which the darshak will think is a lovelorn romantic gaze) in order to understand what her words mean and when he does there is bound to be an earthquake. (Will have to check the history books if there was one in the 1560s)

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Dard-e-Mohabbat

Post by neha on 2013-12-04, 16:21

Kudos Sandhya ! ROFL I always have great time reading your sarcasm :) 
I think they should work on her dialogues more...shes not a bad actor at all...blessed with such a beauty if they work on her little bit she can fascinate us definitely. I always give preference to character over the actor and paridhi is fairly good enough it is just her dialogues taking her down. Also the scenes between our lead couple are hardly of 1-2 mins which should be extended if the show is a Love story ! 
  Look at Ash in JA movie...her dialogues were not so full of shuddh hindi and pravachans....she was subtle and very much a 16th century woman when interacting with her husband who denied him his conjugal rights with such a politeness that he ended up respecting her more! 
   I never wanted to compare the movie with serial and I am not comparing HR and RT at all! but looking at the flaws of the character Jodha, she reminds me of Ash's portrayal of the Rajput princess and I end up ridiculing this serial Jodha for everytime she bashes her husband with her constant naggings. Though ghrina has stopped from her side, she is least bothered about knowing his feelings and accepting him as a husband. God this is not the eternal romance and love they were talking about when the serial started. If they are trying to show the friendship first before love then I must say that this is not how friends behave and talk at all ! and I bet the friendship concept was same and will be same forever,She only comes to him when she is bothered about something and wants him to immediately solve her problems. Has she ever tried to understand him ? a straight No!! She is not a friend for him, she is someone for whom he has developed infatuations right from the moment he saw a glimpse of her in Amer, she is someone for whom he has hopes(unknown to him) to fulfill his cravings for a soulmate for he over all these years after marrying Ruquaiya could not find the wifely warmth in her. In all this drama it is him who wants her so genuinely despite of all her flaws that if she doesn't get on good terms with him soon, will break his heart which has now just started to breath and feel the passion! 
   In all I still have hopes from the serial and will wait how they justifies Jodha's characters in coming tracks of Adham-Maham demise as this will be the time Jalal will need her care,love and support :) :)

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-04, 16:36

Perfectly put, she comes to him only when she needs and talks as if it is his sacred duty to fulfill all what she thinks is right. She has said "Agra hamara ghar hai" once and "Hamein aapse grina nahin hai" once but on both occasions she has had an expectation. Inspite of the fact that her ultimate intentions were good, she has been arm-twisting him on both the occasions.  Only when she requested him to forgive BB did she approach him for reasons other than wanting something from him or zaroorat baath (zaroorat from her pov). Even in BB case it is doubtful if she would have cared to console him if she were not directly involved or he had not done SO MUCH for her. 

Had the character been firm and strong as well as POLITE, I would have impressed even with all her flaws and Pari's dialogue delivery.  But the way she has been portrayed, if I were a man , I would never approach anywhere 100 yards near her. Akbar was truly great! Wasn't he!

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-04, 17:22

Sandhya ..the last para had me in splits... I am thinking that   Jalal might actually faint and  would be in need of leps and Kadda's from her kitchen to revive himself  !!

Neha..Lovely take, I agree ..I never like Ash's acting  but if we compare the Jodha of BW and Jodha of Tellywood, J of BW wins hands down, there was restraint, there was grace and there was dignity ..which the J of TW lacks in mass quantities

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-12-04, 19:35

I am sure its the shuddh hindi...Poor guy looks flabbergasted when she mouths it :lol!: 

Agree gals...Jodha of BW def had so much grace and dignity....fit for a Rajput Princess...I sometimes doubt how can we call this Jodha a princess.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum