Latest topics

ILKDM #40 - The War of petticoats !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #40 - The War of petticoats !

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-04, 16:51

At the outset, I would  seek apology from JA fans if I seemed to miss out on any sequence or put it out of sequence as the recent episodes are rather weak and ineffective and do not stick to your memory like burr , Having  put in that disclaimer, Let me  inflict you with my POV.

The first impromptu thought that sprung up in my mind was that the place around Jalal's ear's are getting rather over crowded , earlier it was just  Maham and Ruqaiyya  who each shared a ear apeice of Jala rather amicably but now , with the burgeoning  Harem  there is a jostling for space to get at the ear's of jalal .. each women vying to be the one in the driving seat while the  recent  entrants Jodha and Salima seem to be emerging as strong entrants who could topple the established ear handler's . It is a pity that a befuddled  Jalal is completely swept over by Jodha's musical overtones rather than the  ottoman precision Machine Ruqaiyya , Aahh Such is life.. !!

Hat's off to Maham  for her shrewd moves in enlisting the help of maulvi and through them the Shariat Laws to extricate her oafish son.  All above board and apparently within the established laws of Mughal Sultanat..A  contrived  move to acquit her son as well as   stay on in the good books of Jalal  and show the court that SHE  is the power, it was a gamble that would have got her the  'Bank' had it hit the target and it would have hit the target had Jalal been  the Jalal of yore but all comes undone as , Jalal  who was being stunted under her shadow  is now  tended to by Jodha, Ruqaiyya, Atkha Khan  who are giving him the thing that is needed to grow - SPACE !! Gone are those days where Jalal would abide by the decisions of Bairam or  Maham, The Jalal of today is inquisitive soul with a enquiring mind ..  He will not be bound  anymore , Even though he has  left the judging to Maham, He has retained the pronouncement of Judgement to himself.. a subtle move where  he appears to have given power to Maham but in actuality has the actual power resting with himself..

What's the issue all about ?? Is it about child marriage ?? Is it about  the inequal age gap between the  participants  or is it about exploitation ?? I am  quite clueless on this aspect..Jodha begum in her spiel says that  she is against women being treated as  'Vastu' as a object..pray then where was Jodha's sense of outrage when Sukanya was being treated as such ?? Why was not her beloved father whom she 'prems' did not get the benefit of her wisdom ? why was Sukanya packed off like a VASTU ?? My request to the CV's do not make Jodha a champion of social causes , let her be the guide who helps Jalal in opening his eyes wider and far but not a firebrand who espouses unrealistic causes ( irrelevant to those times ).

This inconsistency  allied with  tunnel vision weakens the character of Jodha making her appear narrow minded, intolerant of other's views, militantly righteous , prone to extempore and extremely cut off from the reality of the world  as well as a dimwit...

Anywayz ..reverting back to the episode, seems like Jodha  learning curve is rather slow..   Once again the royal princess is enroute to committing a royal gaffe by interrupting a court proceeding instead of  following protocol and has to be restrained gently by Hamida !! which beggars a question , wasn't Rajvanshi Jodha from a royal family ??  Does not she know the etiquette of Royal proceedings ?? Does the fact that women were not allowed in the durbar of Rajaputana has got anything to do with her ignorance?? On the whole, The development of Jodha's character has been a disappointment !!!

The two sharp and intelligent women in Jalal's life has instantly  picked up on the unsaid text  after coming to know that Jalal's  Khaas Begums have now increased. Salima and Maham have realized the implications of it and the unpleasant outcomes while the latter is delighted thinking that the squabbling queens will boost her  position, the other is thinking of ways to minimize the tension and oblivious to all this undercurrents  remains the seedhi saadhi princess  of Amer . Ruqaiyya has been stirred , A angry hornet will not fly away so quietly, it will sting but whom.. Will Ruqaiyya  wrath descend on Maham and take the route of punishing Adham further or will she choose to hit out at Jodha or will she do both ?? The begum Khaas   is welcome improvement on Jalal's part, he can pick the best counsel from 3 voices, one a voice of  reason, another a voice of conscience, third the voice of pragmatism but  Jalal did commit a blunder by revealing the fact that  he considers  the 3 begums as his Khaas to Maham. Maham in days to come will utilize this fully to rile Ruqaiyya, to weaken her and to keep ruqaiyya engaged in Harem and away from siyasat  , for now  the war is between Maham and Ruqaiyya ..to gain ascendency over Jalal !!  it is a battle that was fought quietly  but has now intensified   which I am sure in later days will lead to some catastrophe.

Hmmm.. Hamida has sounded the bugle .. the recent spell of fair weather is about to end ..Jodha's  activism has got her worried and her worry that may impact Jalal -Jodha's relationship is a clear pointer that  the relationship is  about to face a typhoon.. A relationship that is travelling uncharted waters with  no clear navigations , will this relationship survive the typhoon  or will it shatter caught in the currents ??

The soliloquy of Jalal about the 'acidity' in his heart !!!! Meh !!  Romance seems to be the Achilles heel  of Rajat.. I hope the team de-nerves him before the romance ka mausam starts in Jodha Akbar

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #40 - The War of petticoats !

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-04, 17:18

Okay.. once again! I haven't read the write-up yet but I gotta write in first - the title yet again takes the cake!! LOVE it!! ROFL

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-04, 17:23

Jalal's ears should be museum-preserved for their uniqueness of listening to unending sessions of bhaashans and finding them pleasant. Who said love is blind? In this case, love is deaf!

When has Jodha founnd fault with anything in Amer? It is always Agra at fault and she is the sole saviour of this sultanate of which she has honoured to be a begum! Bharmal can trade her like a vastu to save his Amer, but nobody in Agra can.  

This over-righteous Jodha and this puppy-dog Jalal who wags his tail at her wishes are de-nerving me. Akbar is one of my five-favorite rulers of Indian History! It is pathetic to see him like this!

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-04, 17:49

sandhya wrote:Jalal's ears should be museum-preserved for their uniqueness of listening to unending sessions of bhaashans and finding them pleasant. Who said love is blind? In this case, love is deaf!

When has Jodha founnd fault with anything in Amer? It is always Agra at fault and she is the sole saviour of this sultanate of which she has honoured to be a begum! Bharmal can trade her like a vastu to save his Amer, but nobody in Agra can.  

This over-righteous Jodha and this puppy-dog Jalal who wags his tail at her wishes are de-nerving me. Akbar is one of my five-favorite rulers of Indian History! It is pathetic to see him like this!
I have a growing suspicion that  he does the provoking of  bhaashans deliberately as it acts as a lullaby  * Notice, he has stopped drinking the moldy waters from the jug at nights*

Same here, Restore the dignity of the characters .. do not make them the college characters  in 15th century costumes.. Both had a dignity, a thought process that was all their own, both were instrumental in helping one another grow.. SHOW THAT

Apart from that, WHERE the hell is Todarmal ??

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-04, 18:09

I do agree. Islowly islowly the only peepal surrounding the shah-en-shah are weemen. in fact, now i wonder if Adham kills Atga and Jalal kills Adham and maaham takes voluntary retirement --
oh sheesh-wa! only harem left for advising the king.

where is todar mal? isn't he already in place when jalal marries jodha?!

good tho that they've kept to the common lok-katha about it being a common practice of Akbar to go among people in disguise to feel the pulse of the janta.

but too many women around the king. i wonder how he manages to listen to all women chirping together and manages to make sense out of it too!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-04, 18:50

Sandhya
-'-'-'-'-''LOVE IS DEAF''-'-'-'-'-'-
100% agreeing on jalal attitude towards women of the harem

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-12-04, 19:30

mhm wat can I say about recent episodes??? not a lot so I shall stay silent...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2013-12-04, 20:44

war of petticoats and
Jalal cought in between them :*lol*: 

I have this doubt from very long Jodha many times comes aacross as a commoner rather than a princess

Loved it Tants

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-05, 02:11

Awesome post Sathya ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-05, 04:14

Nothing worthwhile to talk about. I rest my case.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by megharanjini on 2013-12-05, 08:53

Loved the post, but the best part were the last two paras.

megharanjini
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by monsi08 on 2013-12-05, 16:04

such a wonderful writeup Sathya... cant agree more with this :

"What's the issue all about ?? Is it about child marriage ?? Is it about  the inequal age gap between the  participants  or is it about exploitation ?? I am  quite clueless on this aspect..Jodha begum in her spiel says that  she is against women being treated as  'Vastu' as a object..pray then where was Jodha's sense of outrage when Sukanya was being treated as such ?? Why was not her beloved father whom she 'prems' did not get the benefit of her wisdom ? why was Sukanya packed off like a VASTU ?? My request to the CV's do not make Jodha a champion of social causes , let her be the guide who helps Jalal in opening his eyes wider and far but not a firebrand who espouses unrealistic causes ( irrelevant to those times ).

This inconsistency  allied with  tunnel vision weakens the character of Jodha making her appear narrow minded, intolerant of other's views, militantly righteous , prone to extempore and extremely cut off from the reality of the world  as well as a dimwit...
"

monsi08
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 17:37

monsi08 wrote:such a wonderful writeup Sathya... cant agree more with this :

"What's the issue all about ?? Is it about child marriage ?? Is it about  the inequal age gap between the  participants  or is it about exploitation ?? I am  quite clueless on this aspect..Jodha begum in her spiel says that  she is against women being treated as  'Vastu' as a object..pray then where was Jodha's sense of outrage when Sukanya was being treated as such ?? Why was not her beloved father whom she 'prems' did not get the benefit of her wisdom ? why was Sukanya packed off like a VASTU ?? My request to the CV's do not make Jodha a champion of social causes , let her be the guide who helps Jalal in opening his eyes wider and far but not a firebrand who espouses unrealistic causes ( irrelevant to those times ).

"
Thank You, Monsi

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 17:37

megharanjini wrote:Loved the post, but the best part were the last two paras.
Thank You, Megha

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 17:38

Manasvi wrote:Nothing worthwhile to talk about. I rest my case.
My heart is broken, Is my post so bad :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-05, 17:38

--sumana13-- wrote:Awesome post Sathya ...
Thank You, Manu

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-12-06, 11:11

Awesome post Tants Thumbsup

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 20:02

Sponsored content