Latest topics

No Small Child Here ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Small Child Here ?

Post by MANI50 on 2013-12-06, 11:22

Many years ago there lived an emperor who cared only about his clothes and about showing them off. One day he heard from two swindlers that they could make the finest suit of clothes from the most beautiful cloth. This cloth, they said, also had the special capability that it was invisible to anyone who was either stupid or not fit for his position.

Being a bit nervous about whether he himself would be able to see the cloth, the emperor first sent two of his trusted men to see it. Of course, neither would admit that they could not see the cloth and so praised it. All the townspeople had also heard of the cloth and were interested to learn how stupid their neighbors were.

The emperor then allowed himself to be dressed in the clothes for a procession through town, never admitting that he was too unfit and stupid to see what he was wearing. For he was afraid that the other people would think that he was stupid.

Of course, all the townspeople wildly praised the magnificent clothes of the emperor, afraid to admit that they could not see them, until a small child said:

"But he has nothing on"!

This was whispered from person to person until everyone in the crowd was shouting that the emperor had nothing on. The emperor heard it and felt that they were correct, but held his head high and finished the procession.

No body here like that child to say -

"This Show Is Weird".

MANI50
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Re: No Small Child Here ?

Post by sarra0 on 2013-12-06, 12:01

hey welcome to D, i like the story...that this show is weird is only one of its fault, there r many more words that can be use to describe it...none very complementary...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-06, 12:32

It's weird but it's also a reality of life... Many many women are abused in our culture... I hope they show some real solution to this problem rather than "fix everything with love" ... Now that would be weird!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by MANI50 on 2013-12-06, 12:34

sarra0 wrote:hey welcome to D, i like the story...that this show is weird is only one of its fault, there r many more words that can be use to describe it...none very complementary...
Henceforth, we will start chanting,

Pati swarga, Pati Dharma, Pati Hi Paramantapa

Patideva Preetimaponne Priyante Sarbodebata !

Meaning -

Husband is heaven, Husband is Religion, Husband is the best Tapasya

If Husband is pleased, all Gods are pleased.

And every morning we will drink CHARANAMRIT instead of tea.

Last edited by MANI50 on 2013-12-06, 13:18; edited 1 time in total

MANI50
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-12-06, 12:49

Shesherkobita wrote:It's weird but it's also a reality of life... Many many women are abused in our culture... I hope they show some real solution to this problem rather than "fix everything with love" ... Now that would be weird!
exactly Sab...sp bahus adapt the way of 'love' to fix all problems

but n real life things r different....ladies r nowadays bold and go forward with divorce case in such a case...but still ther r sum ladies like Anjali who r not willing 2 divorce

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-12-06, 15:29

I don't want to comment but only to indicate that -
it's an opportunity for the Sanskaries to prove themselves.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-12-06, 15:57

MANI50 wrote:
sarra0 wrote:hey welcome to D, i like the story...that this show is weird is only one of its fault, there r many more words that can be use to describe it...none very complementary...

Meaning -

very apt...fits the show perfectly...it just needs one line about the importance of potatoes and v will b golden... is this wat they want people to turn into?? wat a example they r setting...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by RS08 on 2013-12-06, 17:11

If they dont do something positive soon...Ive a feeling this show is going to go off air

RS08

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-06, 19:10

Shesherkobita wrote:It's weird but it's also a reality of life... Many many women are abused in our culture... I hope they show some real solution to this problem rather than "fix everything with love" ... Now that would be weird!
I too want them to show by example how the women should tackle such abusive blackmailing husbands .. They should show something to teach all the women who live in fear of their abusive husbands ....

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-06, 19:41

Its really not like 'No child to say this show is weird'...its actually, the show is not the king...realise ur fault n still walk along with head held high...the makers r ignoring where they r lacking-disregarding the visibility...living in wth invisibility, nt accepting where u fail...reason is obvious-rat race...
I wud say nt the theme line story, but the execution-the show is weird...the aspects opined therein the show materially exists in today's world in this or that way...for me, there it is, seen unreal drama n i cnt see it real cuz i m nt allured enuf by the show to undrama it..
Trust me, women-abuse, i've known it happening to my mom, sis, or equivalent ppl out there in real world(means nt in fiction shows) in variety of ways, but in EBP i cnt connect to it at all...though, i connect lil bit to niranjan's n abhay's abuse, shlok-aastha went over my head...
Hey,welcome here..ths story is 1 of my fav, intringuing, lured me to drop in...
At last i tell u, i m the child who can say 'the show is weird' so did i stopped watching it..my way of saying it...
Then also, weirdity also hv gud qualities,better aspects...the show stil has a chance to stand at that...be like the king(as i percieve personally), realise ur fault- walk towards success

Last edited by Aasudi on 2013-12-06, 19:50; edited 1 time in total

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-12-06, 19:48

Aasudi wrote:Its really not like 'No child to say this show is weird'...its actually, the show is not the king...realise ur fault n still walk along with head held high...the makers r ignoring where they r lacking-disregarding the visibility...living in wth invisibility, nt accepting where u fail...reason is obvious-rat race...
I wud say nt the show but the execution is weird...the aspects opined therein the show materially exists in today's world in this or that way...for me, there it is seen unreal drama n i cnt see it real cuz i m nt allured enuf by the show to undrama it..
Trust me, women-abuse, i've known it happening to my mom, sis, or equivalent ppl out there in real world(means nt in fiction shows) in variety of ways, but in EBP i cnt connect to it at all...though, i connect lil bit to niranjan's n abhay's abuse, shlok-aastha went over my head...
Hey,welcome here..ths story is 1 of my fav, intriguing, lured me to drop in...
At last i  tell u, i m the child who can say 'the show is weird' so did i stopped watching it..my way of saying it...
Then also, weirdity also hv gud qualities,better aspects...the show stil has a chance to stand at that...be like the king(as i percieve personally), realise ur fault- walk towards success
Hi Sush,
This part of the thread I liked most.
Are my friends going to follow those ?

Meaning -

So, no tea in the morning, only CHARANAMRIT.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-06, 20:21

SAYAN18 wrote:
Aasudi wrote:Its really not like 'No child to say this show is weird'...its actually, the show is not the king...realise ur fault n still walk along with head held high...the makers r ignoring where they r lacking-disregarding the visibility...living in wth invisibility, nt accepting where u fail...reason is obvious-rat race...
I wud say nt the show but the execution is weird...the aspects opined therein the show materially exists in today's world in this or that way...for me, there it is seen unreal drama n i cnt see it real cuz i m nt allured enuf by the show to undrama it..
Hey,welcome here..ths story is 1 of my fav, intriguing, lured me to drop in...
At last i  tell u, i m the child who can say 'the show is weird' so did i stopped watching it..my way of saying it...
Hi Sush,
This part of the thread I liked most.
Are my friends going to follow those ?

Meaning -

So, no tea in the morning, only CHARANAMRIT.
AK..a lovey dovey respectful hug to u...missed chatting wth u al bt cnt help..life has been rude to me for sometime nw, hehe...
Ya,these lines drive my attachment too...
In betn EBP posts in past, i've said that ths charanamrit (or whatever) ritual prevails in my culture...i'm a vaishya by cast(same as of Siddhartha Gautam, though i've nt knwn ny lady doing that in king Suddhodhan's sphere...may be, its my weakness of interest at history)...
Whatever, yes i saw my dad drinking feet-washed water of my eldest BIL when he came home first after marrying my sis(i was around 16 then)...i m not letting hm do ths now when i knw my words can stop it, why do he need to do that??? also, when i was too lil to even remember my age, i've seen several times my mom doing the same, drinking charanamrit of dad's charan..i saw her smiling then n now when dad hav forbidden to do it, my mom rarely fasts for him, i again saw her smiling...
So what is d difference betn mom n aastha/agnihotris? I wonder...is the answer ABUSE??is the answer LOVE??the answer is underlying difference betn love n abuse... Or it is RESPECT subjective to RITUAL...
My mom knew the way of respecting is drinking charanamrit then..time changed, love expanded itself nw she knws respect is equality...

To ur question, AK, ur friend dsnt believe in charanamrit but yes i do believe the chant..
Husband is heaven
Husband is religion
Husband is bst tapasya... if only,
Husband is Love
Husband is Equality
Husband is bst life partner...

Love is the thing above all...love is god...
So in EBP, i m very much okay for Love heals everything...my problem is wth the love they showed,which i deny to accept love of my kind, love that is god...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-12-06, 20:29

Sush, no doubt Love Is God.
But I don't think, those are expressions of Love
rather male supremacy in male dominated society.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-06, 20:51

SAYAN18 wrote:Sush, no doubt Love Is God.
u r correct...society is the thing...but love brings in the change...change that challenges rituals n moves beyond it...i meant my dad-mom moved with love n changed the dominion thngy,the injustice...
As i read my mom, an uneducated women believing in Pati parmeshwor is now able to stand on her own means n still maintains mutual respect...
I didnt say,she was right wth fasts n charanamrits...that was d way she percieved love n respect back then
This rebelation,change process is expression of love...
Revolution is nt a big thing, just everybody have to add small bits to make it possible...likewise, why b negative to EBP raising these issues n trying to solve it thru love?? I m negative to its way of executing, that fails to convince me...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-06, 20:52

u r correct...society is the thing...but love brings in the change...change that challenges rituals n moves beyond it...i meant my dad-mom moved with love n changed the dominion thngy,the injustice...
As i read my mom, an uneducated women believing in Pati parmeshwor is now able to stand on her own means n still maintains mutual respect...
I didnt say,she was right wth fasts n charanamrits...that was d way she percieved love n respect back then
Revolution is nt a big thing, just everybody have to add small bits to make it possible...likewise, why b negative to EBP raising these issues n trying to solve it thru love?? I m negative to its way of executing, that fails to convince me...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by SAYAN18 on 2013-12-06, 21:22

Aasudi wrote:
Agreed.

SAYAN18
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Amani on 2013-12-07, 01:15

What the pati ritual reinforced was control over the wives, by making them fast prior to the chanting allows the men to brainwash the women. That is how the cults control their devotees. In a way the manipulation, of both Astha and Anjali is the only reason they are agreeing to the abuse.

The writers have failed to address what happened with Anjalis parents that she is not allowed to see them. Astha is going through a similar "initiation". It was also surprising to see Anjali sleeps separate from Niranjan, clearly no love just subserviance.
I was intially shocked with the twists of Shlok changing but the girls need to see that abuse is not just physical in a relationship, also that its prevelant in the allegedly progressive families also. For example Niranjaan in society spends on female education yet privately has an appalling attitude to women requiring discipline.
I'm glad the romance didnt have "happily  ever after", but it is uncomfortable viewing.

Amani
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-12-07, 12:07

If only we got some realistic solutions to domestic abuse instead of a fix it all bahu Rolling Eyes

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 17:02

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum