Latest topics

ILKDM#41 - Gudiyon ka Khel !!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM#41 - Gudiyon ka Khel !!

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-06, 14:51

Just when we had begun to groan and moan at the lack of pace, momentum, plotline, acting  , Just when we were beginning to consign JA to the "Hall of has been" , out comes two scintillating back to back episode that brings you back to the seat, leaves you gasping for  breath, has  you biting your nails in anticipation .

A track that is showcasing the  prevalent customs of those times. A time when child marriage was considered acceptable and the relationship honored , what would happen when a lone voice raises its opposition against that practice,A practice that has been entrenched into the culture and has been practiced for centuries, not only raises its voice but also sets about bringing change by the powers invested in it ..Would the transition, the acceptance be smooth ?? will the simple man accept the changes  easily ?? No, Sir, No ... He will protest, he will struggle to accept, he will try to hit back in an indirect way  trying to take the mickey out of you. Changes are seldom accepted with alacrity especially changes which when implemented can revolutionize a way of life, Such changes inevitably ushers in chaos, resistance , anger , outrage  and in some extreme cases rebellion !!  It is to the credit of the makers that they did not let the 'Jalal's epiphany ' moment to gestate for long and concluded it within a episode  and have now focused on the truly important and vital task, How to get this law accepted by the masses without upsetting or alienating them ?? How best to tackle the in house rebellion who could use this opportunity to challenge the authority of the King?? Full marks to the team for the way they set about to address that.  when does a unpopular law gets accepted , even if grudgingly  ----> when the said law is approved by religious heads ..Jalal displays his growing political acumen when he gets the ordinance approved by the clergy heads before stamping his seal . In one stroke he shows the awam that he is the king and also that the religious heads are with him thereby silencing any questioning voice.. Nor can any rebellion arise for the Muslim clerics have backed him , going against This law would be going against the word of the clerics who are the mouthpiece of God..In one swift stroke, Jalal silences  the prospective dissenting voice but does that lead to salvation and exaltation ..No !! Political capital can still be made and was being made as was shown  through the example of Adham Khan.

Adham Khan , The man whose uncontrolled libido lead to sweeping changes in the law, Adham Khan the man in the eye of the storm. Adham will not go down so easily , He is bolstered by the knowledge that Jalal is inherently weak when it is related to Maham and that he can escape unhurt with nary a hair out of place . Adham Khan , whose applecart has been snatched away from him when it was within his grasp will not take it on his chin stoically, In a rare display of shrewdness, intelligence Adham Khan sets the cat among the pigeons by questioning the validity of the matrimonial alliance between Jalal and Ruqaiyya !!

I was thoroughly entertained by the performance of Adham Khan, deferential, polite,submissive, a epitome of loyal subject ,he delivered a stinging punch to Jalal . A punch which left  everyone reeling and silenced .

Personally, My instant thought was by  bringing the throne of  Mughals into the anvil of the law, Jalal was asking for it  and by not clarifying that the law is applicable to those who have applied  to be married or who are contemplating marriage and does not apply to those already married, Jalal definitely deserved this smack.. Casting this unholy, gleeful thoughts aside, what this scene did showcase was the growth of the emperor further into the boots of being a 'just' king..This was the same Diwan-e-khas which bore witness to Jalal's excess wherein he had sentenced a lady for questioning him , Another adulterous to stoning because he saw the betrayal of Jodha reflected in her, This was the same Diwan-e-khas where Jalal allowed Bhagwant Das and his brothers some time to present their side of the story on the say so of Ruqaiyya  Yet today, Now.. Jalal stands quietly , patiently, stoically listening to the barbed insults and challenges thrown at him, His sword firmly snuggled inside  its scabbard, He is the same jalal who stands quiet when Ruqaiyya screams, rants , raves and demands the capitation of Adham ..For Jalaludin Mohammed has begun to grasp, has begun to demarcate himself ... He has begun to to disassociate his personal from his political will. He has truly begun to morph as a well adjusted king than a enfant terrible who let his emotions sway him whilst judging.

Once again Jodha  dons the martyrdom cloak, blaming herself for the mayhem unleashed, which in a roundabout way was quite accurate but has she /will she learn anything from this debacle ?? Given the nature of martyrdom, They are so imbued with their righteousness, they are quite oblivious to the pain and suffering inflicted on the innocent bystanders due to their actions which shall be the case with Jodha too but unlike the martyrs, Jodha is a healer too, she has the uncanny knack of  causing  fatal injuries and also healing the same by applying leps, bringing out the toxic bacterias and healing the wound, will the same happen here ?

The resounding silence of Javeda is intriguing.. Isn't she a concerned party?? should not her words have any bearing?? Is or will she be the powerful weapon who will deflect the brahmastra released by Adham or will she be relegated to clowning purpose only?? This is a track which has direct impact on Javeda , why isn't she in the thick of things?

#######

Y'day was Chethan's perfect performance, he was an absolute delight to watch !!

The rivalry between Adham and Atkha Khan has come out in the open, now we have to wait for it to spiral before leading to explosion.

Wednesday's episode..The dam has burst and jodha begins to pour out her anguish,in the heat of the moment, jodha lets slip how much it hurts her that a woman is considered as the trophy , a symbol of victory... the miniscule gulp of Rajat indicating the guilt of Jalal (for he too had declared that Jodha was a trophy of conquest)  wah!! Wah!! Rajat once again shows why he is a actor to be watched !!

Paridhi is losing the sparkle and is looking tired , among the three queens , she was the only one who actually looked tired and wilted .. does not bode well for Jodha as she was considered to be a beauty nonpareil.

what was with the teardrop in paridhi's eye in DEK... the scene which requires Jodha to cry comes AFTER  the DEK sequence  as such should not the continuity person be more vigilant and inform the actor to dry their eyes out.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM#41 - Gudiyon ka Khel !!

Post by pollyanna on 2013-12-06, 15:03

Wow...wat a lovely analysis Sathu.....Am sorry, have not watched the epi, just read LU but somehow couldnt stop myself coming here .....am hovering like a bhatakti aatma in D today...as if bahut dino ke baad aisa mauka mila hai so make the most of it...

Looks like the stage is set for the ultimate battle....me thinks, like u...JAVEDA is the one who will topple the applecart......as I said yday, I am sure CVs have a truup ka patta up their sleeves.....and it will be the cliffhanger for today Wink 

Loved the subtle nuances u picked in the episodes :)  :) 

On a sidenote:-- is PS being overworked these days?? is her husband visiting Karjat ?? :P 
Just THE asking Wink

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-06, 15:36

Personally, loved Jalal's acting. Jodha,Ruks, Adham and atga khan also performed very well.hates seeing Maham anga play games. Just a matter of time before Jalal sees her true colors. In all this,I am wondering where the heck is Javed. Ms.Scatterbrain is busy making sevvaiya? Javeda could give her 2 cents in DEK. Paridhi does well when she does not have lines to talk.

I honestly do not like to see Jalal being hurt as I am probably more in love with the character and the actor than Jodha is. I hate seeing Jalal get upset. But there is sheer joy in seeing Rajat emote. The subtle nuances he adds to the character, be it tilting his head, nodding to acknowledge, taking a deep breath, catching the lump in his throat, using his eyes, forehead and eyebrows makes it a pleasure to watch this show. Rajat brings out every single emotion so beautifully that I end up watching only him on screen. Rajat and the CV's and the director are together responsible for the success of this show.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-06, 15:41

It is not often that one can hold attention when Rajat is performing opposite to you. But yesterday Chetan's performance matched Rajat's. There was politeness, sarcasm, hidden hints, respectful look and devilish lash. The say a candle burns brighter when about to end.

Aadham and Maham have begun their end. And their last wishes have also come true. Maham wanted her son to excel in cunning and AK wantedto be praised by his mom.

Waiting and hoping for the revival of intelligent princess Jodha in this track atleast.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-06, 15:50

Couldnt agree more on Adham...both the good part andthe bad part. As for Jodha,thenless said the better. She seems to be good when there is rona dhona or when she is talking to Ammijaan and Salima. Jodha fails miserably as I have never seen her show kind and soft emotions even whem the scene demanded it..especially the ones with Jalal. She somehow does not inoke a sense of empathy or sympathy or liking in me as she seems so wooden and plastic. Its like she mugs up the lines and repeats it like a parrot. I am somehow disappoimted with her acting skills.

I honestly want it to be Jalal finding a solution to this new adham and ruks controversy and not Jodha. She is too smart for her own good.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-06, 16:15

pollyanna wrote:Wow...wat a lovely analysis Sathu.....Am sorry, have not watched the epi, just read LU but somehow couldnt stop myself coming here .....am hovering like a bhatakti aatma in D today...as if bahut dino ke baad aisa mauka mila hai so make the most of it...

Looks like the stage is set for the ultimate battle....me thinks, like u...JAVEDA is the one who will topple the applecart......as I said yday, I am sure CVs have a truup ka patta up their sleeves.....and it will be the cliffhanger for today Wink 

Loved the subtle nuances u picked in the episodes :)  :) 

On a sidenote:-- is PS being overworked these days?? is her husband visiting Karjat ?? :P 
Just THE asking Wink
You need to watch the show  at least for the way it was kept taut and tense , Pallo

No, I think the battle is yet to begin  as the A-A battle has just now come into open,  now I think it should lead to the banishment of Adham and Atkha turning eager beaver and finding the two stooges helping Adham from inside the kingdom leading to both their deaths..And  this will take a long long time to translate is my feeling///

Thanks, Hun

Either she is being over worked or this was canned during the ZRA rehearsal time or she is dieting too hard ... err, Cough cough will not rule out ur option too..after all this is holidays ka zamana Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil :P :P :P

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-06, 16:26

Manasvi wrote:Personally, loved Jalal's acting. Jodha,Ruks, Adham and atga khan also performed very well.hates seeing Maham anga play games. Just a matter of time before Jalal sees her true colors. In all this,I am wondering where the heck is Javed. Ms.Scatterbrain is busy making sevvaiya? Javeda could give her 2 cents in DEK. Paridhi does well when she does not have lines to talk.

I honestly do not like to see Jalal being hurt as I am probably more in love with the character and the actor than Jodha is. I hate seeing Jalal get upset. But there is sheer joy in seeing Rajat emote. The subtle nuances he adds to the character, be it tilting his head, nodding to acknowledge, taking a deep breath, catching the lump in his throat, using his eyes, forehead and eyebrows makes it a pleasure to watch this show. Rajat brings out every single emotion so beautifully that I end up watching only him on screen.  Rajat and the CV's and the director are together responsible for the success of this show.
Hi Manasvi,,

True Maham plays games but she is the one who keeps the soup spicy, Show would get pheeka pheeka without her trying her tadka's and failing :P

Same here, where is Javeda ?? usually she is forever roaming around and when it concerns her, she has vanished !!!

Yes, Rajat is absolute delight to watch, the quirk of his lips, the growling voice dipping to husky whisper once again suddenly raising to a crescendo..Soft yet commanding .. the way he uses his eyes, sometimes scrunching, sometimes unwinking, sometimes slanting...  he makes Jalal alive.. Added to it is his diction ..

Rajat's and Ashwini's scenes are a great delight to watch !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-06, 16:43

sandhya wrote:It is not often that one can hold attention when Rajat is performing opposite to you. But yesterday Chetan's performance matched Rajat's. There was politeness, sarcasm, hidden hints, respectful look and devilish lash. The say a candle burns brighter when about to end.

Aadham and Maham have begun their end. And their last wishes have also come true. Maham wanted her son to excel in cunning and AK wantedto be praised by his mom.

Waiting and hoping for the revival of intelligent princess Jodha in this track atleast.
 and a calmness that was at abeyance with his normal hot head behaviour !!

I think the wait and hope is going to be in vain .. she is already hoist on a pedestal of Hunar's ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-06, 17:23

Why is that when she said that she knows the real culprit to Moti, I felt she meant Jalal and was going to give him a lecture on the negative side of HIS forgiveness ?(as it was only her sole authority to forgive) or on his accepting the law for himself without consulting?

Her only hunar when it comes to solving problems is accuse Jalal of errors done and not done.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Ggn_girl on 2013-12-06, 17:58

Nice one Tants. You have motivated me to watch the episodes. I got to fight for TV time over the weekend now.

Ggn_girl

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-07, 10:35

Sathya,

What a beautiful post. It gave me a totally different view.To look at things in a larger frame and not to one or two episodes. What you said was true there is always a rebellion to a new law which changes traditions. It is happening till date. Javeda I hope whom Maham dismissed as unimportant and the fact the she was under the impression that no one knows the child accepted under duress will act in favor of Jalal in the end.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-07, 11:26

Beautiful post Tanthya. Loved it when you said "Yes, Rajat is absolute delight to watch, the quirk of his lips, the growling voice dipping to husky whisper once again suddenly raising to a crescendo..Soft yet commanding .. the way he uses his eyes, sometimes scrunching, sometimes unwinking, sometimes slanting...  he makes Jalal alive.. Added to it is his diction .. " Rajat is amazing. Loved Friday's episode..Jalal and Ruks have amazing chemistry. Rajat is very comfortable with Lavina and it shows. Loved the protective Jalal embracing her in a warm hug. he also prepared her for the DEK decision. Good acting by Lavina. She is for the most part comfortable but seems a little hesitant to touch his face..you can see it in the reruns. Jalal indirectly asked her to trust him. The next piece of conversation was equally heart warming. He realized Jodha's presence even withou her having to utter a word. Talk about a soul conmection! She reminded him that relationships that have already happened in the past cannot be changed and it applied to both her and ruks. Loved Jalal telling her that he had also inflicted a wound by marrying her against her wishes. There was no physical embrace but definitely their souls hugged each other. Next to ammi jaan. He did ask her to trust him in his decisions. Sweet of her to consider Ruks the same as her daughter. Maham Anga, what do we say of you..you are the Agra ki Mirchi. Playing games to the hilt. You power hungry bad woman! Found Javeda. She has gone to her maika.good for her. Maham anga called her brainless. Poor Javeda.

Cant wait for Monday

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-12-07, 17:06

Loved ur post Tants.. cheers

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:15