Latest topics

No way out - Is that so?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No way out - Is that so?

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-07, 00:13

Above Law, Yet Helpless

It started with the helplessness of Tasneem.
On route, Jalal saw the helplessness of the girls in his kingdom.
It went on to his own helplessness as the king and the husband.
He saw the helplessness of his own favorite wife, Ruqaiya.
And finally, he acknowledged the helplessness of Jodha.

The Thief's Mother

Phew! What a volcanic explosion Adham and Maaham have caused right beneath the nose of the Emperor. What Adham says and does is visible to all - and yet, Maaham remains sheathed.

Seeing Maaham kiss Adham's forehead and bow down to him in appreciation of his misdeeds - right in the footprints of his mother - reminded me of a story I read as a child.

A thief was arrested and sentenced to death. When his last wish was asked, he requested to see his mother. The upholders of the law brought him his mother, who hugged her son for the last time. The thief, in his mother's embrace, bit her ear off.
The people were aghast at what the man did - surely, he deserved the punishment he's given; the man could not respect his own mother.
The thief explained - As a child, when I stole small things, she never corrected me. She shielded me. It is because of her today, that I am to be hanged.

One day, this would be Maaham's grief.

When Adham declares in his extreme frustration, his intention of harming Jalal, Jodha, and whoever comes in his way, Maaham declares that her son will die a pointless death. I am yet surprised that the woman as shrewd as her, who can see the falling down of her son, can she not see that she is the cause of it?

Pitiful and pathetic - what an end it will be to the powerful Maaham Anga!

Insecure Love?

The heart goes out to Ruqaiya. She's boasted of being the King's favorite. She's been his constant companion, irrespective of the times Jalal faced.
Yet, here she stands today. The kingdom and the law demand that Mallika-e-khaas would sacrifice not just her position, but also her marriage to uphold the law and to uplift the state of women in the kingdom.

Jalal failed to respond to Ruqaiya's pleas and the insult she faced in the courtroom.
Yes, the king stood, but the friend and the husband failed Ruqaiya - in her eyes. But has he really failed her – wait n’ watch!

It was painful to see Ruqaiya lose the very foundation she stood on. Her one and only relationship that means anything to her is on the verge of breaking off.

I wonder - Jalal has always maintained Ruqaiya's place; why does Ruqaiya not rust Jalal? I get it that the force of that moment in the court and lack of any answers from Jalal hit her where it hurts most. But is she insecure because she knows Jalal doesn't have a 'heart'? He thinks and feels 'siyasat'?

Anyhow - while Jalal is maturing as a king, one mustn't forget that he is also very loyal to his word, his promises, and his faithfulness to the people he holds dear.

It was heartening that in the end, Ruqaiya showed trust in Jalal's position as a good king for Moghul sultanate once again and also retains her right over Jalal; whereas Jalal again asks her to retain her stand by him as she has always done.

I think I really love the way Jalal-Ruqaiya relationship is and has been shown and developed. They share a very beautiful and rare bond between a man and a woman.

The Emperor’s EQ
I must say Jalal has once again shown the keen eye of an investigator and a good judge. Just as in Jodha's case, he didn't just depend on his ears to hear Tasneem's 'yes' to the wedding with Adham Khan. He noticed her level of comfort - or the lack of it - when she said so.

Something tells me that it wasn't just the fact that Jodha had wanted him to know his riaya's haalaat, but mainly because Tasneem's response didn't leave him very satisfied.

His visit to Tasneem's house and then his discussion with Atga Khan about the plant's example - Jalal is developing some keen EQ points.

Again - perhaps for the first time, he's found Maaham's reaction to Atga Khan surprising - when he spoke up against Adham Khan. He did agree, because Maaham was speaking only for law, but his shock was evident.

The Ratangarh Fort

The greedy king of Dhawalpur thought he could force Jalal to either keep his word or to give away his stronghold, his fort in order to keep his word of getting the princess of Amer married. It was his beloved fort - his first conquest, the symbol of the beginning of his rulership, the coming of an Emperor.

Jalal looked cornered. Then, much to everyone's shock, he announced he'd give away the fort so that the princess' wedding may proceed. As soon as the wedding was done, Jalal took back the fort. He did give the fort away later, but on his own terms and to the person he wanted to give it to.

Till his end was achieved, Jalal maintained complete silence on that matter. He did not divulge his ultimate intention to anyone. In fact, he told Jodha - try as she might, she could not decipher what was going on in that mind of his.

In the entire scenario, Jalal was not focused on just getting his fort back or just getting the princess married or that his promise be kept. His focus was on retaining his hold on the awaam as a king who cannot be subdued and that when he keeps his word of getting the princess married - he intends that she stays married happily. His viewpoint is much larger than what it seems to be to everyone.

Once again, history repeats itself.

Adham Khan thinks he can force Jalal to either keep his word or to lose someone he holds close - his first wife. Can Jalal be forced into losing Ruqaiya? He could not be forced to give up his fort - much less his beloved malika, his dear friend.

The discussion Jalal had with Jodha was insightful. It was interesting to note that Jalal told Jodha that which he told no one - that he knows why Tasneem agreed to the marriage alliance with Adham. This is one thing that Maaham thinks is her trump card - she is afraid that if Jalal would find out this detail, he'd overcome Adham's plan.

Jalal already has Maaham's/Adham's trump card in his hand. Yet, he discloses to Jodha why he didn't play that card (yet). His viewpoint is much larger than it seems. It is as he is seen analyzing - this problem is deeper than it seems. He is looking at not just his family or political or law-based issues; he's seen a young girl being married off to a man old enough to be her grandfather.

It is admirable that Jalal - as a king - is willing to sacrifice one of the most dear relationships of his life - for the sake of his awaam. He wants to send across the message that he respects the law.
However - is it not contradictory to the message that 1. king is above law, and 2. Jalal cannot be subdued.

In the sequence of Ratanpur Fort, Jalal reacted so unpredictably that it was unbelievable. He had his cake and ate it too. He was shown two options - he created a third one. He didn't give away his fort, nor did he compromise on his word, nor did he show himself weak.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has something similar up his sleeve now - considering he has the trump card in his hand. It is only a matter of time, something he wishes to achieve, something he wishes his awaam to see and realize, something he wants people like Adham to realize - he would not tolerate rebellion, he recognizes his treachery, he sees what he's been up to - Jalal is probably yet again coming up with an unpredictable 'third' option.

Jalal is holding his cards close. He is in silence. No one knows what is going on in Jalal's mind. This is the only factor Maaham is afraid of - Jalal's mind that has started to think on its own.

However, he has shown Ruqaiya, Jodha, and Hamida - that he isn't about to let any of them down. He's only pleaded that they'd keep their trust in him.

Trust you, Jalal. Adham is walking right to his fall.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Re: No way out - Is that so?

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-07, 01:10

Really hope the solution comes about in a realistic and admirable way like the Ratanpur Qila and not like Kaala Kapda, Blue vomit and awam ki dua on birthday far-fetched dramas.

Jokes Apart,

Jalalludin Mohammad Akbar.....

What a man!

As such I'm an admirer of Akbar in Indian History. But IF he had been close to how he has been portrayed and IF time travel is possible, it would my dear wish to have just a jhalak of this man. A true zill-e-illahi, shadow of God on earth!

Even as per the show, Khan Baba and MA's influence had made him seem harsh initially  but even in those days he valued loyalty, could return a kind deed, and could forgive. What coldness he displayed was to please his Khan Baba as a token of gratitude for all he had done for him. When BK died, the real Jalal started to evolve. The old shadows began to wear off. He had innate goodness and greatness that didn't need a Jodha to convert or highlight. With her or without her he would have become Akbar. 

I just hope the CVs maintain it this way. I hope HE is given due credit for each one of his achievements. Everyone else, including Jo  should only have a slight contributing factor and suggestions.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-07, 11:32

sandhya wrote:Really hope the solution comes about in a realistic and admirable way like the Ratanpur Qila and not like Kaala Kapda, Blue vomit and awam ki dua on birthday far-fetched dramas.

Jokes Apart,

Jalalludin Mohammad Akbar.....

What a man!

As such I'm an admirer of Akbar in Indian History. But IF he had been close to how he has been portrayed and IF time travel is possible, it would my dear wish to have just a jhalak of this man. A true zill-e-illahi, shadow of God on earth!

Even as per the show, Khan Baba and MA's influence had made him seem harsh initially  but even in those days he valued loyalty, could return a kind deed, and could forgive. What coldness he displayed was to please his Khan Baba as a token of gratitude for all he had done for him. When BK died, the real Jalal started to evolve. The old shadows began to wear off. He had innate goodness and greatness that didn't need a Jodha to convert or highlight. With her or without her he would have become Akbar. 

I just hope the CVs maintain it this way. I hope HE is given due credit for each one of his achievements. Everyone else, including Jo  should only have a slight contributing factor and suggestions.
I think Jalal is getting the credit for whatever he is doing. After all, Jalal went out on his own initiative to find Tasneem's truth. He is proving to be a good administrator and a good judge.

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Manjit on 2013-12-08, 01:23

Thanxx for the story of the thief , liked how you connected it to the show.

Manjit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 21:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum