Latest topics

Aloo and the variety platter of abuse ( EBP )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aloo and the variety platter of abuse ( EBP )

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 04:15

I must stay the CVs are consistent... Almost 2 months ago Anjali had said she wanted Aloo in every item of food on their 25 th anniversary party ... Last week, Astha got a earful from Anjali 'cause she didn't put aloo in a vegetable curry! Shocked Her defense was that Agnihotri men like Aloo hence all food item should have aloo in it. Rolling Eyes 

What is so special about aloo and Agnihotri men? Then I remembered what my friend AK had said ... They treat their women like aloo... there  is such great variety in the type of food you can make from aloo... Also there is such variety in the ways a woman can be mistreated by men... CVs have set their mind to show us the whole gamut of abuse.

Niranjan and Anjali... Classic case of abuse... She is beaten almost regularly...hides her bruises with makeup... Takes the blame for everything that goes wrong in the house...covers for her husband ( rather  Saheeb) for every misdeed... All her children hate her and idolize Niranjan. She is brain washed to such an extant that she sent her own daughter back to her abusive husband Abhay, who beats her with a belt regularly affraid  Where did the Agnihotris find such a gem of a Jamai-baba, only God knows.

Varod and Sojal... Though the abuse is not over the top, the cold shoulders and apathy is obvious... Varod has made clear that he didn't want to marry Sojal ( he probably liked some other girl who was not approved by Agnihotris)... He taunts Sojal for everything that she does 'wrong' and constantly compares her with Astha Evil or Very Mad ... Resulting in a headless chicken mentality in Sojal unable to satisfy her husband as well as the mother in law.

Now, we come to our champion Shlok and Ashtha... I don't know what to make of them... Since they are our love/hate protagonist... They are not allowed to take the abuse too far...(not that I want them to take it far.) .. !!! The reason behind Shlok's hatred for Astha is sketchy... She spoiled some media event and made his dad look bad... So he MARRIES her! scratch He partakes  in kitchen politics , shows some feet fetish here and there, threatens to get intimate ( will take her on honeymoon soon) .. It's more mental terrorizing than physical... But all the same it's some form of abuse... Our hero is a bit psychotic and needs therapy!

It's been long 2 weeks of display of variety platter of abuse... The story needs to move along.... Sleep ... Also there is absolutely no comic relief... I would love to see some light hearted bantering between sojal's mom and niranjan's brother .. :P

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Aloo and the variety platter of abuse ( EBP )

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-09, 08:50

I totally agree, the show makes me sick.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-09, 09:02

Sabi,
I do not watch the show but after reading your fantastic post i realise i made a good decision. By the way how can you eat aloo day in and day out in all the dishes is just beyond me. I hope they stop showing physical and mental abuse on tv.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-12-09, 09:43

anurao66 wrote:Sabi,
I do not watch the show but after reading your fantastic post i realise i made a good decision. By the way how can you eat aloo day in and day out in all the dishes is just beyond me. I hope they stop showing physical and mental abuse on tv.
@bold...I m sure n Delhi market there is shortage of Pudinhara, Hajmoola:) ....all med 4 gas trouble r purchased by Agnihotris

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-09, 10:54

Haye re .... Iss Aloo Ko Kya Naam Doon ??
Loved reading your post Sabrina ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-09, 10:55

Haye re .... Iss Aloo Ko Kya Naam Doon ?? .. And it is not" Ek Baar Phir "..... .. It is "baar baar laga taar "
confused 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-12-09, 11:58

Sabi hug1  awesome post.

So true.. such a variety of abuse in this show .. am totally fed up. And I know in my heart of hearts that they will come up with a nonsensical solution of reform of the men leaving us all fuming.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-12-09, 13:25

ill use my standard explanation TRPs r ok,..so all is well... they can eek it out longer, in terms of Anjali Niranjan it will b a long game until Aastha finds out and does something about it...who knows wat will change Shlok mind, he hasn't once thought it was his own actions and therefore his own fault that his father's name was bought into disrepute... so wat can v say about his brain...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:22

Anu...  Kiss  I don't mind that the shows has brought up the issue of marital abuse on screen... But there seem to be no respite... The story is stuck... Thanks for your reply... Missed you a lot!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:25

anusha.cochin wrote:
@bold...I m sure n Delhi market there is shortage of Pudinhara, Hajmoola:) ....all med 4 gas trouble r purchased by Agnihotris

Anusha  long hug    I need some pudinhara, hajmola to swallow this story... When will this end ! When will Ashtha, Anjali, Jyoti find some guts to stand up to these men! ...sigh...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:27

--sumana13-- wrote:Haye re .... Iss Aloo Ko Kya Naam Doon ??

Eggjactly....  :lol!:  Iss aloo ko khan naam doon ? Loved it...  cheers 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-09, 17:31

Sabi
I have not watched any n show. I am busy and this comes to early for half the time I havne some work or the other. I jus,t cant understand as to how Anjali could bear to put up with it till date without confiding in someone. As long as the show gives and teaches a good lesson to such abusive men there is no point in showing such things. Love cannot mask the physical and mental trauma a young girl lady or woman has put through. There should be some purpuse to show it.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:34

Abavi wrote:I totally agree, the show makes me sick.
Vi... I am still nurturing it ... Thinking this will improve... Such an interesting angle to relationship ( and so real, happening all the time around us) .. But I don't trust the CVs to take this to the right place ( of solution) ... Thanks for your reply  :sunny: 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-09, 17:36

ALOO...in our place, aloo(symbolism) either refers to non-valuable or failure (of course besides potato)...
So i link this 'aloo' with agnihotris men(except chachaji,may be,he dnt hv wife so far!!!) in a way- to them their wives r aloo(fav dish n non valuable both) they can eat up or throw out any odd time they desire...
Coming to me, their ABUSE is ALOO (meaning failure)... They r incapable of being glorious n deserving respect on their own so do they acquire it by either blackmailing or degrading, downcasting their wives... The apt word for them should be 'impotent' (forgive my language,if it sounds harsh!!)..
Yea, harsh is the reelity so harsh wud b review...

Great review sabi...hugs... 3 sorts of abuses n v knw in reality there r lots others too...so, as far as i m concerned i welcome n positively take the identification of theme 'abuse' in the show(obviously not the disturbing n poor execution)...it should have been executed to leave a Impression of disturbance but alas!! V r left with Annoyance of disturbance...

Amongst all three mistreated n materially possessed ladies, i sympathize most with jyoti..yes, she also do have an option of leaving n living ALONE but as v knw her background she is not raised strong n independent enough to rebel on her own...she do nt have seen a home yet to dream n try executing one ..neither her maternal home nor her husband's home..she is always abandoned so no strength to struggle alone...compromise is her way( realistic enuf n touchy too)
Anjali..i pity her condition!! Sympathy for her is mostly situational...for now it is yet too far to sympathize her at some obvious point...res until her terms of reasons r opened fully... Rather, i fear, her adaptation of her husband's actual insights, behind his sadhu-facade, can cause harm to the sympathetic quality of her char...hoping she wont b extended too far to an irredeemable point( i knw, there exists no such point in these shows...headdesk!!) ..
Aastha...less oops not talked the better..(zip up my mouth)...

Keeping all these abusers n abusees aside, as i think, shlok could have been a very rich char...makers ruined it...they poured buckets n buckets of water into it n r still doing the same... Though, i can see two important angles that can save shlok from drowning further...or say justify enuf to fit the weirdity...
One is his intensity of hate towards his mother( justifiable grounds) n 2nd being his depth of love-hate with swati...

I m no more watching the show nowadays but i wish to see anjali-shlok equation on truth confrontation...hoping against hope, aastha wont b the sole reason for his heart change there...i wish shlok to b apologetic n guilty not just because aastha is good but because he is bad..

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:40

anurao66 wrote:Sabi
I have not watched any n show. I am busy and this comes to early for half the time I havne some work or the other. I jus,t cant understand as to how Anjali could bear to put up with it till date without confiding in someone. As long as the show gives and teaches a good lesson to such abusive men there is no point in showing such things. Love cannot mask the physical and mental trauma a young girl lady or woman has put through. There should be some purpuse to show it.

Agreed 100% ... I remember I had a convo with you about a show you watched awhile ago where the violence was unbearable ( don't remember the name) ... I really hope it doesn't turn out to be like that show... So many women who watch these shows are going through what Anjali , Jyoti and. Ashtha are going through... I hope they get a good message and not feel that they haven't LOVED their husbands enough to get them out of the abusive habit. There seems to be no purpose to any of the shows we watch!  scratch 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 17:50

Aasudi wrote:ALOO...in our place, aloo(symbolism) either refers to non-valuable or failure (of course besides potato)...
So i link this 'aloo' with agnihotris men(except chachaji,may be,he dnt hv wife so far!!!) in a way- to them their wives r aloo(fav dish n non valuable both) they can eat up or throw out any odd time they desire...
Coming to me, their ABUSE is ALOO (meaning failure)... They r incapable of being glorious n deserving respect on their own so do they acquire it by either blackmailing or degrading, downcasting their wives... The apt word for them should be 'impotent' (forgive my language,if it sounds harsh!!)..

Great review sabi...hugs... 3 sorts of abuses n v knw in reality there r lots others too...so, as far as i m concerned i welcome n positively take the identification of theme 'abuse' in the show(obviously not the disturbing n poor execution)...it should have been executed to leave a Impression of disturbance but alas!! V  r left with Annoyance of disturbance...

Amongst all three mistreated n materially possessed ladies, i sympathize most with jyoti..yes, she also do have an option of leaving n living ALONE but as v knw her background she is not raised strong n independent enough to rebel on her own...she do nt have seen a home yet to dream n try executing one ..neither her maternal home nor her husband's home..she is always abandoned so no strength to struggle alone...compromise is her way( realistic enuf n touchy too)
Anjali..i pity her condition!! Sympathy for her is mostly situational...for now it is yet too far to sympathize her at some obvious point...res until her terms of reasons r opened fully... Rather, i fear, her adaptation of her husband's actual insights, behind his sadhu-facade, can cause harm to the sympathetic quality of her char...hoping she wont b extended too far to an irredeemable point( i knw, there exists no such point in these shows...headdesk!!) ..

Keeping all these abusers n abusees aside, as i think, shlok could have been a very rich char...makers ruined it...they poured buckets n buckets of water into it n r still doing the same... Though, i can see two important angles that can save shlok from drowning further...or say justify enuf to fit the weirdity...
One is his intensity of hate towards his mother( justifiable grounds) n 2nd being his depth of love-hate with swati...

I m no more watching the show nowadays but i wish to see anjali-shlok equation on truth confrontation...hoping against hope, aastha wont b the sole reason for his heart change there...i wish shlok to b apologetic n guilty not just because aastha is good but because he is bad..  
Sush ...  bounce always love your take ... Why don't you wrote some topic post dear? You write and bring out emotions so beautifully...  hug1 

I'm quite impressed with the character build up in this show ( throw the chappals now) ... They have made the characters quite distinct ... I mean we know who will do what... No one has been out of character... Ashtha keeps showing her rebellious stint... Jyoti never grew a back bone.... Anjali has classic captive mentality... But the story build up is not at par... WHY is Shlok doing what he is doing! WHY is Anjali so trapped in this relationship! WHY is Varod so quiet ... Etc etc... I'm giving them time to show some background of all these WHYs....Otherwise this concept ( putting some light on abuse issues ) will certainly go down the drain.... Another show will bite the dust!  No 

Thanks dearie

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 18:06

slmu wrote:Sabi hug1  awesome post.

So true.. such a variety of abuse in this show .. am totally fed up. And I know in my heart of hearts that they will come up with a nonsensical solution of reform of the men leaving us all fuming.

Shanthi...  long hug  That is my fear too... Since DIVORCE is a big no- no in Hindi serials .... They always take the most bizarre route out of a sensitive issue... Fr once I want some logical solution..... Niranjan needs jail time ... Shlok needs psycho therapy ... Varod needs couple counseling....  study 

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Shlok has aloo in his mouth when he talks? Such a handsome man with such a weird beard... That beard really doesn't suit him.... This is not ASR s 5 o clock shadow ... Sigh....Is this fashion now? Don't like today's fashion... I'm turning into old auntie!

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-09, 18:55

Shesherkobita wrote:
Aasudi wrote:ALOO...in our place, aloo(symbolism) either refers to non-valuable or failure (of course besides potato)...

Great review sabi...hugs... 3 sorts of abuses n v knw in reality there r lots others too...so, as far as i m concerned i welcome n positively take the identification of theme 'abuse' in the show(obviously not the disturbing n poor execution)...it should have been executed to leave a Impression of disturbance but alas!! V  r left with Annoyance of disturbance...

Sush ...  bounce always love your take ... Why don't you wrote some topic post dear? You write and bring out emotions so beautifully...  hug1 

I'm quite impressed with the character build up in this show ( throw the chappals now) ... They have made the characters quite distinct ... I mean we know who will do what... No one has been out of character... Ashtha keeps showing her rebellious stint... Jyoti never grew a back bone.... Anjali has classic captive mentality... But the story build up is not at par... WHY is Shlok doing what he is doing! WHY is Anjali so trapped in this relationship! WHY is Varod so quiet ... Etc etc... I'm giving them time to show some background of all these WHYs....Otherwise this concept ( putting some light on abuse issues ) will certainly go down the drain.... Another show will bite the dust!  No 

Thanks dearie

u really deserve chappals...for ur patience for this show...hehe (joking)...
Ur WHYs, i doubt even makers hav thot yet to answer them or not...may be, they r searching n counting how many WHYs they hav to answer...
Jokes aside, Agree wth u..aastha's showing rebelious insticts but trust me i feel that is highlighted n focused much after marriage, b4 i felt she is undisciplined, undignified n disrespectful...
Main leads,both char, dnt convince me...i find their intimate scenes kind of vulgar..the way he uses her body, intimidates her..yuck..disturbing abuses r nt just the reasons, i dnt like the way they show al those touches...i can never give it a lovestory tag (i think)...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-12-09, 19:18

Shesherkobita wrote:

Shanthi...  long hug    That is my fear too... Since DIVORCE is a big no- no in Hindi serials .... They always take the most bizarre route out of a sensitive issue... Fr once I want some logical solution..... Niranjan needs jail time ... Shlok needs psycho therapy ... Varod needs couple counseling....  study 

Btw, am I the only one who thinks Shlok has aloo in his mouth when he talks? Such a handsome man with such a weird beard... That beard really doesn't suit him.... This is not ASR s 5 o clock shadow ... Sigh....Is this fashion now? Don't like today's fashion... I'm turning into old auntie!

I know what you mean.. today's fashion leaves me shaking my head  :lol!: 

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anusha.cochin on 2013-12-09, 19:41

Shesherkobita wrote:

Shanthi...  long hug    That is my fear too... Since DIVORCE is a big no- no in Hindi serials .... They always take the most bizarre route out of a sensitive issue... Fr once I want some logical solution..... Niranjan needs jail time ... Shlok needs psycho therapy ... Varod needs couple counseling....  study 

@ bold...me too...have said the same n sum other topic....They have given Slok a weird beard just 4 horror :P 

anusha.cochin
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 20:56

sarra0 wrote:ill use my standard explanation TRPs r ok,..so all is well... they can eek it out longer, in terms of Anjali Niranjan it will b a long game until Aastha finds out and does something about it...who knows wat will change Shlok mind, he hasn't once thought it was his own actions and therefore his own fault that his father's name was bought into disrepute... so wat can v say about his brain...

Shlok has a Typical abusive male brain Sarra..... Abusive men never think that it's their fault... They are enraged by "something" the partner has done... Partner evoked the nasty side in them.... The only thing missing is "regret" ... Even abusive men will regret and say things like " I can't help it, you make me sooo angry with the things you say" etc. And usually the girl interprets them as LOVE! Now this aspect is missing in EBP ( I think it has been intentionally omitted as most women watching would be uncomfortable with this "grey" aspect of abusive relationship if they themselves are in that situation) ... They are keeping the men as DARK ( not grey) so we can dislike them to our hearts content. Thanks for your reply.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-09, 21:40

anusha.cochin wrote:
Shesherkobita wrote:

@ bold...me too...have said the same n sum other topic....They have given Slok a weird beard just 4 horror :P 

Yes yes I remember you said he had marbles in his mouth  ROFL  I can't stand that beard Anu... I've seen Avinish without that nasty beard, he is quite good looking....  scratch I guess he will shave when he turns into a good character...  :lol!: by that time all viewers will be gone....

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2013-12-10, 04:44

Shesherkobita wrote:
sarra0 wrote:ill use my standard explanation TRPs r ok,..so all is well... they can eek it out longer, in terms of Anjali Niranjan it will b a long game until Aastha finds out and does something about it...who knows wat will change Shlok mind, he hasn't once thought it was his own actions and therefore his own fault that his father's name was bought into disrepute... so wat can v say about his brain...

Shlok has a Typical abusive male brain Sarra..... Abusive men never think that it's their fault... They are enraged by "something" the partner has done... Partner evoked the nasty side in them.... The only thing missing is "regret" ... Even abusive men will regret and say things like " I can't help it, you make me sooo angry with the things you say" etc. And usually the girl interprets them as LOVE! Now this aspect is missing in EBP ( I think it has been intentionally omitted as most women watching would be uncomfortable with this "grey" aspect of abusive relationship if they themselves are in that situation) ... They are keeping the men as DARK ( not grey) so we can dislike them to our hearts content. Thanks for your reply.

Ah so true, I had forgotten about that aspect....apologising and then blaming the female for every action that he himself commits I would class that as black rather then grey...since TRP audiences like this kind of thing wouldn't they like that extra dosage and b able to relate it to themselves?...i suppose here they want to show that men think they r superior and therefore any action they take isn't wrong...oy no thanks necessary, or I'll start saying thanks for responding...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sameersaagar on 2013-12-10, 20:29

How about truckloads of Aloo falling on NA & SA and both of them swimming & dodging in it thereby giving a relief to all the viewers.  :lol!: 

sameersaagar
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:13

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum