Latest topics

What if???... EBP

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What if???... EBP

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 09:11

kids' exams r on n i stayed up to help them till late night or early am...may be,mismanaged sleep led my thought to route wayward n stuck at 'what if'..watched EBP after a long.. With what i read here n there, i was ready to watch whatever will b shown as Pati Pujan...(not to expect is good seriously)... Yes, i LIKED the episode overall...
Apart from the not-for-good nor good-looking 'shlok-touching-aastha-scene', i liked the rest...
Though, aastha-kalindi-shlok-phone-convo played not impressively(actually, i feel, that was sort of stupid play...consciously knew the makers so no wonder nyway!!! Told u already not to expect is good...sometimes, sth leave such a bad impression u start thinking 'its fine' ...same has been EBP execution for me, may be)...
What i liked most is the core Pati Pujan sequence...everyone was into their char...
And there, i thought exactly ...
'what if' aastha was a happily married woman as she dreamt???

'what if' shlok's love was not fake n then she has to follow the ritual casually??? (suppose shlok cant interfere due to 'baba',like varat)

'what if' aastha still worshipped shlok like she did in past???

Would she have happily done the Pati Pujan n drank the charnamrit???

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: What if???... EBP

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-10, 09:33

Asudi 
Hi i am Anu. I read the WU of such a disgusting episode. But you did raise some very valid questions.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 10:11

Sush,

For your What ifs, My Answer would be another question...

If Astha was a happily married woman as she dreamt, If Shlok's love was not fake n then she has to follow the ritual casually(suppose shlok cant interfere due to 'baba',like varat) and If Astha still worshipped shlok like she did in past...

Would Shlok himself allowed such a ritual to take place?
Would he have let his beloved wife's self respect to be trampled by his own self?

I do believe, Astha would have still stood by her non willingness to do so. Touching the feet of the spouse, when you are intimate or as a means of ice breaking between the two isnt a big deal. Rituals are meant for that... but that shouldnt go over the board.

Astha or Shlok for that matter would have not found it a stupid thing to touch the feet of their own spouse, but drinking the water washed off his feet? where does this come from?

We are in general living in a male dominated society or so we think. Indian customs dont have only the woman touching her husband's feet. The marraige rituals also has the husband holding his brand new wife's feet to take the seven steps while he gives out his promises for their life together and also holding her feet while he puts the toe ring into her second toe.

Those kind of rituals, where both the partners are being honoured equally will have no issues, but drinking that water is something very stupid and unhygenic too.

Last edited by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 10:14; edited 1 time in total

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-10, 10:13

Hai Sush... So glad you made a topic post... hug1 

That's a very interesting point.. If this is a rasm women do out of love, then Ashtha might've done it without putting too much thought into it... But this was used to show that Shlok was in control of her life and she was supposed to be in a subservient position. That's why she was so disgusted... But drinking the water from feet washing is all together unhygienic.... That's all I'm gonna say...

Loved your interesting take on this.

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-10, 10:17

Ha ha VI... I was thinking about the hygienic part too!  cheers .... When I was a kid I remember Rajesh Khanna was living with Tina Munim at that time ( yes, I'm that old, I remember these things) ... They once boastfully told reporters that they share one tooth brush.... I was ready to throw up... But people accept a lot of things when they are in love....

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-10, 10:23

Sabi
You are hilarious. How did you remeber such an old incident. Yes i did reading about it and felt sick in the stomach. I suppose anything can happen when you are in love

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 10:25

Shesherkobita wrote:Ha ha VI... I was thinking about the hygienic part too!  cheers .... When I was a kid I remember Rajesh Khanna was living with Tina Munim at that time ( yes, I'm that old, I remember these things) ... They once boastfully told reporters that they share one tooth brush.... I was ready to throw up... But people accept a lot of things when they are in love....

Hey Sabi...  :P 

Yucky isnt it Sabi? Being in love doesnt mean that one should forego the basic hygene that one should follow...

Making love and being hygenic is totally different... Why would people mix up these two things?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-12-10, 10:26

Aha, Sush. Very valid questions. 

I do believe that neither Shlok nor Aastha would go through with this. I feel Shlok is allowing this because he knows it will torment Aastha. So a Shlok genuinely in love would not participate. How he would deal with his Baba I don't know. And Aastha, being a modern educated young woman also would not go through with it.

Vi, Sabi agree totally with the unhygienic part.

My question, would the men drink the water in which their own feet have just been washed. They wouldn't be able to I think.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 10:46

anurao66 wrote:Asudi 
Hi i am Anu. I read the WU of such a disgusting episode. But you did raise some very valid questions.

hi anu ..nice to meet u...i'm sushma... Yes, disgusting...but trust me, the ritual is disgusting..epi was fine... N will u believe??, if i say, yes that ritual exists even now..i've seen charanamrit ritual live (not the way the show depicted) n where pricks my heart is there's not much fuss abt the ritual..loving n living continues, still after that..i wonder there... As i remember my childhood days, there my mom was doing the same...she used to smile,to have a glow on her face of successful fast...i wonder abt her heart, belief n situation..i wonder abt the love n society's influence on love..is an woman's love a complete surrender as it says in 'shastras'?? Should it be?? I still wonder...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 11:20

Aasudi wrote:
anurao66 wrote:Asudi 

hi anu ..nice to meet u...i'm sushma... Yes, disgusting...but trust me, the ritual is disgusting..epi was fine... N will u believe??, if i say, yes that ritual exists even now..i've seen charanamrit ritual live (not the way the show depicted) n where pricks my heart is there's not much fuss abt the ritual..loving n living continues, still after that..i wonder there... As i remember my childhood days, there my mom was doing the same...she used to smile,to have a glow on her face of successful fast...i wonder abt her heart, belief n situation..i wonder abt the love n society's influence on love..is an woman's love a complete surrender as it says in 'shastras'?? Should it be?? I still wonder...

Sush, the Ritual of Chranamrit started as a practise of offering food to the god first and then the same food was offered to the devotees.. When Honey, Ghee, milk and fruits were offered to the God's idol, it got mixed and accumulated at the idol's feet and from there, from the god's feet, it was taken and offered as Prasad to the devotees.

This had scientific goodness too, as the idol was usually made of brass and other herbal products and the food thus treated had medicinal properies to cure illness... But later on these beliefs started taking a stupid turn, doing the same thing to mortals (Saints) who were thought to be gods.

Still more stupider is the thought that a husband is a god for his wife. Superstitious at the best!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 11:34

Abavi wrote:Sush,

For your What ifs, My Answer would be another question...

If Astha was a happily married woman as she dreamt, If Shlok's love was not fake n then she has to follow the ritual casually(suppose shlok cant interfere due to 'baba',like varat) and If Astha still worshipped shlok like she did in past...

Would Shlok himself allowed such a ritual to take place?
Would he have let his beloved wife's self respect to be trampled by his own self?

I do believe, Astha would have still stood by her non willingness to do so. Touching the feet of the spouse, when you are intimate or as a means of ice breaking between the two isnt a big deal. Rituals are meant for that... but that shouldnt go over the board.

Astha or Shlok for that matter would have not found it a stupid thing to touch the feet of their own spouse, but drinking the water washed off his feet? where does this come from?

We are in general living in a male dominated society or so we think. Indian customs dont have only the woman touching her husband's feet. The marraige rituals also has the husband holding his brand new wife's feet to take the seven steps while he gives out his promises for their life together and also holding her feet while he puts the toe ring into her second toe.

Those kind of rituals, where both the partners are being honoured equally will have no issues, but drinking that water is something very stupid and unhygenic too.

Vi, hugs...loved it...i agree wth u completely...it is stupid n unhygenic indeed...yea, shlok wouldnt have,if he was a hero...nor aastha wud will to do that even if she's in love(no one was willing either in d show itself, not even anjali..they r forced completely,b whatever d reasons)...i liked varat did protest but cuz he's nt d hero, he cant b d change, d revolution(absolutely okay)...
So i questioned 'love' itself...love should not go to these over the board limits,okay, but what i intend to ask is 'does it not'???
Its very complicated...the situation n analysis...fact, however, is simple..love isnt n cant b defined by these unbalanced, unhealthy rituals...but what to do with the mindsets???
Where ppl still (truly) believe love n respect is in these things..woman's existence belongs to b shadowed by, or under the feet of a man... And the women rather saying 'no' instead underlines it as defn of love n respect themselves...i cant say its right, its a truth that exists...still today..uff

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 12:05

Sabi...me too glad i cud make a topic post..i have new OM browser, it helps much...
U mirror my doubts, aastha cud hav...the way she was shown illogical,blind,dumb in love before...here,i wanted to question love n societal influence of love & on love than a lone aastha...

And u knw u bring in too much comic facts..ur sense of humour, maate!! Charan sparsh u!! same toothbrush, yucky!! But nowadays in lovestories(most in k-shows) they show it normal...

While they play that scene, i feel everyone was behaving like in a mission...hehe..the way it was organised n perfect...
i missed Vi n her only in fiction series...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 12:15

slmu wrote:Aha, Sush. Very valid questions. 

I do believe that neither Shlok nor Aastha would go through with this. I feel Shlok is allowing this because he knows it will torment Aastha. So a Shlok genuinely in love would not participate. How he would deal with his Baba I don't know. And Aastha, being a modern educated young woman also would not go through with it.

My question, would the men drink the water in which their own feet have just been washed. They wouldn't be able to I think.

shanti, hugs..long time...yup, they wudnt be able to drink that themselves...wish some scene of that sort plays in EBP, even in an utterly fictional way, like as in Sojol's or Jaya's dream..that wud b a treat to watch...ha ha...

@VI
nonsensical it is..ys, superstition at its best...this is where, fails 'everythngs fair in love n war'

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-10, 12:22

Sush how much ever you love or respect your husband .. What is unhygienic remains so .. Love will not make dirty water sterile and suitable for drinking ...

Last edited by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-10, 13:18; edited 1 time in total

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 12:35

--sumana13-- wrote:Sush how much ever you love or respect ypur husband .. What is unhygienic remains so .. Love will not make dirty water sterile and suitable for drinking ...

sumi, that is obvious no?? Love cant and it should not...
But it does do that,happens like that is the concern...it is shielded by the excuse of 'love' is the fact

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 12:38

Aasudi wrote:

shanti, hugs..long time...yup, they wudnt be able to drink that themselves...wish some scene of that sort plays in EBP, even in an utterly fictional way, like as in Sojol's or Jaya's dream..that wud b a treat to watch...ha ha...

@VI
nonsensical it is..ys, superstition at its best...this is where,  fails 'everythngs fair in love n war'

Sush, @ bold, If thats fair in love and war category, I would like it reciprocated. Would the man be ready to drink the water washed of his lady's feet?

Leave her feet, would he be ready to drink his own feet washed water? afterall everyone love themselves verymuch...

I should say this is a wonderful topic... hugs Sush!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-10, 12:52

Aasudi wrote:Sabi...me too glad i cud make a topic post..i have new OM browser, it helps much...
U mirror my doubts, aastha cud hav...the way she was shown illogical,blind,dumb in love before...here,i wanted to question love n societal influence of love & on love than a lone aastha...

And u knw u bring in too much comic facts..ur sense of humour, maate!! Charan sparsh u!! same toothbrush, yucky!! But nowadays in lovestories(most in k-shows) they show it normal...

While they play that scene, i feel everyone was behaving like in a mission...hehe..the way it was organised n perfect...

Sush... If one can kiss another person... Which is the most unsanitary way of exchanging germs and bacteria ... Then anything else is possible..  ROFL  Charnamrita might be okay if the person had a pedicure already.... But if they have dinosaur feet like mine with skin peeling off .. Then one should stay away...  Scared 

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 13:17

Abavi wrote:
Aasudi wrote:

@VI
nonsensical it is..ys, superstition at its best...this is where,  fails 'everythngs fair in love n war'

Sush, @ bold, If thats fair in love and war category, I would like it reciprocated. Would the man be ready to drink the water washed of his lady's feet?

Leave her feet, would he be ready to drink his own feet washed water? afterall everyone love themselves verymuch...

I should say this is a wonderful topic... hugs Sush!

muhaaz Vi...i m imagining the reciprocating- wth a tagline 'fair in love(war)'...n that line 'everyone love themselves very much' is so apt...what if v drink our feet washed water?? What if continues then

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-10, 13:39

Shesherkobita wrote:
Aasudi wrote:Sabi...me too glad i cud make a topic post..i have new OM browser, it helps much...

Sush... If one can kiss another person... Which is the most unsanitary way of exchanging germs and bacteria ... Then anything else is possible..  ROFL  Charnamrita might be okay if the person had a pedicure already.... But if they have dinosaur feet like mine with skin peeling off .. Then one should stay away...  Scared 

intuition is damn cool thing (yesterday, i was saying it to my one of my frn)...i was expecting u to bring in kiss and u did it...far hilarious than i expected...
U knw u r crazy..m laughing so hard... Kissing reminds me sth that can b logic-ed upon in this charanamrit fiasco(not healthy to talk much here..lol)...but Vi already said 'Its a different case' so no argument further...hehe...

Pedicure!! Hmmm..its obvious u knw...when a lady does charanamrit ritual here, i've seen her husband washing his feet like never before wth xtra care...rubbing enuf that it seems blood wil ooze out of that(simple is to reject doing it, i used to thnk)... Dad used to let mom wash feet, take water on her palm n gently touch his feet wth back of her hand n spray water thenafter...he himself stopped her to do that later on n restricted her to even fast...i love him for doing that even if it was quite late..

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 13:47

Shesherkobita wrote:

Sush... If one can kiss another person... Which is the most unsanitary way of exchanging germs and bacteria ... Then anything else is possible..  ROFL    Charnamrita might be okay if the person had a pedicure already.... But if they have dinosaur feet like mine with skin peeling off .. Then one should stay away...  Scared 

Sabi, thats why I said being intimate and looking for hygene is two differnt things...
Or one would have to put the paste on two brushes everytime they want to  Kiss 

and what about  hug1  go take bath?

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 03:48

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum