Latest topics

Yeh Kya horaha hai, Yeh Kya Horaha hai

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yeh Kya horaha hai, Yeh Kya Horaha hai

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 11:48

Jalal has decided that he will do bungee jumping and declare Talaq!!!! Ruqaiyaa decides to use wireless telegraph service and telegrams a SOS to her FIL up there in H or H , Jodha has exchanged the Amer blinker for Social activist blinker , Caught like the hare in the crosshair of a gun is the viewer, watching the drama with unblinking rounded eyes.

Jalal is burning in reformist zeal and discounting or under estimating the after effects .. Will his reasonableness wake up and he begin to take charge as a able King, I am not speaking of the Talaq but of the passing of the ordinance, Jalal is and would be aware that such a law will be unpopular among his subjects as such he should have had some sops or strategy in place ( like the time we saw him taking into cognizance all factors, cleverly sending his soldiers to Ratanpur etc etc), So far Jalal seems to be lost in thoughts and not really thinking things through ..

Ruqaiyya reminded me strongly of Marie Antoinette , Her heartbreak y'day reinforces the notion why she cannot be the Mariam Uz Zamani as opposed to the Chanakya of Mughal Sultanat , she has a brain, a clinical, precision machine which is amoral but standing for justice but the flair for ights and justice flies out of the Mahal's windows when it pricks her.. The queen is supposed to be a mother to her subjects, feeling their pain and working towards their betterment but Ruqaiyya is mre concerned with her 'Audha' than the many exploitations happening to the girls/ladies in the name of religion..she is a queen disconnected from roots and as such unaware of the ground realities.

Jodha, A champion Social activist , caring about the Praja, feeling for them but just like the social activist entirely short sighted, in her zeal to uplift the praja's life, she has no qualms in breaking down a few homes forgetting the fact that those few homes have a ticking heart which can feel, live and breath.. Jodha's utter lack of comprehension of Ruqaiyya's pain was surprising even more shocking was the lack of remorse .. She expects Ruqaiyya to accept the breakdown of her own marriage so that Tasneem's life gets saved !! Ridiculous ( The dialogue writer really needs to work on giving Jodha a thoughtful and compassionate queen image) ..Here she comes across as a evangelist with a mission, so focused on her own goal that she fails to appreciate or respond to the anguish her actions have caused to bystanders.

There now I have vented out.. Feel free to add your own thoughts and views ..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: Yeh Kya horaha hai, Yeh Kya Horaha hai

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 12:05

Yeah, the fact that Jo expected Ruq to think about that girl when her life was on fire irked me too.

Accepted that Ruq wont think of her praja when she is in pain.. Did Jo for that matter?

In the past when Jo was in pain, when she was suffering when the decision was taken to sacrifice her for sake of Amer, did she go down gracefully? When she was acccused of being the culprit, did she think of the people? she was in her own self pride, busy fighting for her rights..

Hameeda is a cultured and better queen and next to her, Salima is capable to take that place!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by cheena007 on 2013-12-10, 12:07

loved your post Tants ..I think Jo tried to stop Jalal for Talaq ...Jo  tried her best to convince him that he is above law so he doesn't need to talaq Ruq .. she also said whatever has already happened that can't be changed so he doesn't need to do this ..Its Ruq's insecurity she went on accusing Jo for taking her place as begum e khas ..Jo was fine till Ruq called her back stabber and accusing Rajvanshi forget Jo vansajo ko blame karegi toh no one would tolerate i think .

cheena007
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 12:10

Abavi wrote:Yeah, the fact that Jo expected Ruq to think about that girl when her life was on fire irked me too.

Accepted that Ruq wont think of her praja when she is in pain.. Did Jo for that matter?

In the past when Jo was in pain, when she was suffering when the decision was taken to sacrifice her for sake of Amer, did she go down gracefully? When she was acccused of being the culprit, did she think of the people? she was in her own self pride, busy fighting for her rights..

Hameeda is a cultured and better queen and next to her, Salima is capable to take that place!

IKR , When her mother told her tht Agra was her home, she unhesitatingly chose to jump into the pond unable to bear the pain not caring about the fallout or the impact her actions will have on the 2 kingdoms yet she expects Ruqaiyya to be unselfish, when ur house is burning, would u rush to douse ur home or choose to douse ur neighbors first ??

Salima is indeed more refined, calm, collected but I liked the Aunt lady who realized instantly tht Jalal does not have able advisors surrounding him , She was SHARP !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-10, 12:13

Salima should be made the begum e khaas and mallika e hindustan.. She is very level headed, gorgeous and the perfect queen who is kind and soft spoken. If only Jalal shows some inclination towards her and not treat her like khan baba's amanat, she will prove to be the perfect wife. Not sure why Jalal is not fed up of his other 2 khaas yet.. One he keepsgoing and hugging the whole time and the always going after the other like a bee to a flower, inspite of her treating him like s*** . Jalal, self-respect naam ki bhi koi cheez hai.. Yun lallu ram mat bano. You are akbar, the great. We want you to remain true to your title. CV's please spare us this nonsense.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 12:37

cheena007 wrote:loved your post Tants ..I think Jo tried to stop Jalal for Talaq ...Jo  tried her best to convince him that he is above law so he doesn't need to talaq Ruq .. she also said whatever has already happened that can't be changed so he doesn't need to do this ..Its Ruq's insecurity she went on accusing Jo for taking her place as begum e khas ..Jo was fine till Ruq called her back stabber and accusing Rajvanshi forget Jo vansajo ko blame karegi toh no one would tolerate i think .

Nahi Cheeni..I am not speaking about what Jo tried and did not try, I am speaking about empathy here , when a woman is breaking down, when U know that somewhere ur action has lead to it , You empathize with her , U understand where she is coming from, You do not counter her by pointing out that there are other women to be saved . This lack of empathy from Jodha is unbecoming ..In their ardour to picture Jodha as a queen who is like a mother to the prajas, who thinks the best for the praja, they are turning her insensitive which is not done..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 13:01

Why can't they see what Jalal is aiming at... none of them!
Jalal has no intention of divorcing Ruqaiyya
he has just stirred up a hornets nest...
all the couples concerned will come to him... and in the end, he will leave it to the wives concerned... problem solved

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 13:33

Manasvi wrote:Salima should be made the begum e khaas and mallika e hindustan.. She is very level headed, gorgeous and the perfect queen who is kind and soft spoken. If only Jalal shows some inclination towards her and not treat her like khan baba's amanat, she will prove to be the perfect wife. Not sure why Jalal is not fed up of his other 2 khaas yet.. One he keepsgoing and hugging the whole time and the always going after the other like a bee to a flower,  inspite of her treating him like s*** . Jalal, self-respect naam ki bhi koi cheez hai.. Yun lallu ram mat bano. You are akbar, the great. We want you to remain true to your title. CV's please spare us this nonsense.

In real life , he did show his inclination and got 2 sons out of her plus he also valued her opinions but in TV ka show, they are trying to keep the love of Jodha and Jalal unique ..theyy just cannot afford to show Jalal interested in Salima too as that would dilute the so called love between him and Jodha .

Ruqaiyya has been and is his childhood friend, the only one who gave him attention , loved him for being Jalal and not a honewale shahenshah, that protectiveness and affection stays on, she is the one who has stayed loyal to him through the years ..Jalal values and treasures loyalty.

Jodha , I think fascinates him cuz she is a alien to him, a woman from different culture, feisty, independent, shrewd plus the Timur ppl were fascinated by Indian woman cuz they had wide eyes unlike mongols.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-10, 13:40

Ruqaiya's penchant for Mallika-e-Khaas title is just a medal show off, an accessory to her being Jalal's wife. But if the situation rises, she would never place the title above the man.

She was crazy for the Mariam-uz-Zamani title as well. But she never placed it above Jalal's aulaad.

Her attitude and temperament is at fault but her intentions are not. She loves Jalal deeply and her principles are also good but when it comes to words, she cannot articulate her feelings in eloquent high sounding words and speeches like Jo.

Like when she slaps Hoshiyaar when he suggests Jodha's miscarriage. Had it been Jodha, she would have in full coherence and flow of flowery language explained the anuchith-ness of such a ku-vichaar.

When Jodha's pride for her Rajvanshi kul is admired, why is Ruqaiya's pride for her audha criticised?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 14:07

sandhya wrote:Ruqaiya's penchant for Mallika-e-Khaas title is just a medal show off, an accessory to her being Jalal's wife. But if the situation rises, she would never place the title above the man.

She was crazy for the Mariam-uz-Zamani title as well. But she never placed it above Jalal's aulaad.

Her attitude and temperament is at fault but her intentions are not. She loves Jalal deeply and her principles are also good but when it comes to words, she cannot articulate her feelings in eloquent high sounding words and speeches like Jo.

Like when she slaps Hoshiyaar when he suggests Jodha's miscarriage. Had it been Jodha, she would have in full coherence and flow of flowery language explained the anuchith-ness of such a ku-vichaar.

When Jodha's pride for her Rajvanshi kul is admired, why is Ruqaiya's pride for her audha criticised?

I do agree , At crunch situation she would never place a status above Jalal with the proviso that she remains the ONE for him , It would not be inaccurate to say that while Ruqaiyya is not concerned about the positions or ranks, she is very much concerned with POWER ! She craves the power that comes with the position and she fears the loss of position for it means loss of power which is not the case with Salima or Jodha.

Ruqaiyya has a innate sense of justice, none can argue against that yet it cannot be denied that she is driven by insecurity , she fears the loss of patronage Jalal, She prides on being the ruling queen of Jalal rather than being his partner .

There is a difference, Jodha's pride is in her lineage, while Ruqs obsession is with the post,While Lineage is unchangeable, posts are transient, The equation would have been equal had Ruq too expressed her pride on being a Timur and not settled for a post , which will be occupied by someone else in future date.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 14:09

sonshine487 wrote:Why can't they see what Jalal is aiming at... none of them!
all the couples concerned will come to him... and in the end, he will leave it to the wives concerned... problem solved

Ohh Maham has a vague foreboding that Jalal is up to something, trust that wily vixen to sniff out the uncommon ...but she has not figured it out yet. :P :P 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 14:48

Wives concerned and the girl's concerned if they in the progress of being married...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-10, 15:18

I felt like giving Jalal  Bang more. Ok agreed he is thinking from a kings POV but if he considers ruqu malika, shouldn't he have told her what is he going to do now instead of just telling to keep her patience ? As far as I have predicted he is waiting for the ulema's and his people to oppose his decision so that he will abolish the reversal of law and praja will have to accept it for future! but doing so as a king he should have consulted his so called Malika as she is the one who is suffering and running here and there to everyone asking to save her marriage. She neither left the resting in peace Jannat-E-Ashiyani nor Jodha who is innocent for all her blames (Except the infamous 'think about tasneem' dialogue :P ). If Jalal knows her better he should have told his plan to her and I am sure she would have happily agreed to do some nautanki for the well-being of sultanate but this Jalal is unknown and foolish to me. What this dude did in fake pregnancy track and this child marriage track is let his wives suffer and humiliated first and then apply marham on their wounds. What kind of wiseness it is ? If he wants to be Akbar The Great then he is surely on the wrong track. He needs to trust people around him who no matter what will never betray him. Gone are the days of insecurities and struggles during the Khan baba time, his empire is now very much settled and away from any bagawat. I never wanted to criticize my dear Jalal  No  No but yesterdays Jalal is definitely not the Akbar-in-making for me.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 16:09

neha wrote:I felt like giving Jalal  Bang more. Ok agreed he is thinking from a kings POV but if he considers ruqu malika, shouldn't he have told her what is he going to do now instead of just telling to keep her patience ? As far as I have predicted he is waiting for the ulema's and his people to oppose his decision so that he will abolish the reversal of law and praja will have to accept it for future! but doing so as a king he should have consulted his so called Malika as she is the one who is suffering and running here and there to everyone asking to save her marriage. She neither left the resting in peace Jannat-E-Ashiyani nor Jodha who is innocent for all her blames (Except the infamous 'think about tasneem' dialogue :P ). If Jalal knows her better he should have told his plan to her and I am sure she would have happily agreed to do some nautanki for the well-being of sultanate but this Jalal is unknown and foolish to me. What this dude did in fake pregnancy track and this child marriage track is let his wives suffer and humiliated first and then apply marham on their wounds. What kind of wiseness it is ? If he wants to be Akbar The Great then he is surely on the wrong track. He needs to trust people around him who no matter what will never betray him. Gone are the days of insecurities and struggles during the Khan baba time, his empire is now very much settled and away from any bagawat. I never wanted to criticize my dear Jalal  No  No but yesterdays Jalal is definitely not the Akbar-in-making for me.

But abolition of child marriage DID happen ?? I just hope that Jodha and Jalal fond a way out and prove that Adham is a culprit ( yes, Jodha as the heroine must be involved, yehi shows ka usool hai ) I am so looking forward to see Maham's face when she realizes that she has been outwitted .

I think this is a transistion phase, Neha.. Jalal's aunty says tht Jalal has no good advisors surrounding him.. so we might actually see a new wave turning into his advisors plus I feel this track is also heading to a point where Jodha will be thrown out or there is a huge rift between Jalal and Jodha

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-10, 16:30

Sathya
A fantastic post indeed. I feel that Ruqaiyya is hasty  jalal did ask her to trust him. She would not listen to him and she b lew her top off. He would have asked her to trust him with something in mind
It was very unfeeling of Jo to ask Ruqs to think of he child first.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 16:33

Tanthya wrote:

Ohh Maham has a vague foreboding that Jalal is up to something, trust that wily vixen to sniff out the uncommon ...but she has not figured it out yet. :P :P 

that is funny too
shouldn't Maham been able to figure it out? she is, after all, a rather sharp one...

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 16:36

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

that is funny too
shouldn't Maham been able to figure it out? she is, after all, a rather sharp one...

She is sharp one but Jalal is not the jalal of Yore , he has changed..and she has not yet figured out how this guy dances..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 16:47

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

that is funny too

She is sharp one but Jalal is not the jalal of Yore , he has changed..and she has not yet figured out how this guy dances..

I think she has an inkling that he is slipping out of her control... the thing is, she believes he is being swayed by pillow-talk; when the fact is that he is growing up

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 17:11

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

that is funny too

I think she has an inkling that he is slipping out of her control... the thing is, she believes he is being swayed by pillow-talk; when the fact is that he is growing up

Madame got khanfused between her own Sonny boy and the King .I loved the sharp look that Jalal gives when Maham spoke in defense of Adham in DEK ... that was quite a measuring gaze..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 17:14

anurao66 wrote:Sathya
A fantastic post indeed. I feel that Ruqaiyya is hasty  jalal did ask her to trust him. She would not listen to him and she b lew her top off. He would have asked her to trust him with something in mind

Ruqaiyya has been a pampered queen, who has recently become insecure after jalal admitted that Jodha is on her way to becoming his friend too ( a position that was her's only) ..Her insecurity has been fueled by Maham and Ruqaiyya has stopped thinking and is reacting like a everyday woman .

I just wish that the dialgoue writer's had added one line, Hum aapke dukh samajh sakte hain ya humein is baat ka khed hai whatever, that would have gone a long way in bringing up Jodha as a kind and sensitive princess.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavani Nirupam on 2013-12-10, 17:19

Tanthya wrote:
anurao66 wrote:Sathya

Ruqaiyya has been a pampered queen, who has recently become insecure after jalal admitted that Jodha is on her way to becoming his friend too ( a position that was her's only) ..Her insecurity  has been fueled by Maham and Ruqaiyya  has stopped thinking and is reacting like a everyday woman .

I just wish that the dialgoue writer's had added one line, Hum aapke dukh samajh sakte hain ya humein is baat ka khed hai whatever, that would have gone a long way in  bringing up Jodha as a kind and sensitive princess.

Well said... Thumbsup 

Pavani Nirupam

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 17:27

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:

Madame got khanfused between her own Sonny boy and the King .I loved the sharp look that Jalal gives when Maham spoke in defense of Adham in DEK ... that was quite a measuring gaze..

I saw that too
It was almost as if he was willing her to move in a certain manner

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-10, 17:53

Tanthya wrote:
sandhya wrote:Ruqaiya's penchant for Mallika-e-Khaas title is just a medal show off, an accessory to her being Jalal's wife. But if the situation rises, she would never place the title above the man.

I do agree , At crunch situation she would never place a status above Jalal with the proviso that she remains the ONE for him , It would not be inaccurate to say that while  Ruqaiyya is not concerned about the positions or ranks, she is very much concerned with POWER ! She craves the power that comes with the position and she fears the loss of position  for it means loss of power which is not the case with Salima or Jodha.

Ruqaiyya has a innate sense of justice, none can argue against that yet it cannot be denied that she is driven by insecurity , she fears the loss of patronage Jalal, She prides on being the ruling queen of Jalal rather than being his partner .

There is  a difference, Jodha's pride is in her lineage, while Ruqs obsession is with the post,While Lineage  is unchangeable, posts are transient, The equation would have been equal had Ruq too expressed her pride on being a Timur and not settled for a post , which will be occupied by someone else in future date.
Jalal also has to share the blame for Ruqaiya's insecurity. He sweated out to wipe off Jo's ghrina but didn't bother when it came to bridging the insecurity gap between himself and Ruqs for all her loyalty to him.

Ruqaiya's audha is a combination of Khaas-Begum and Babur's granddaughter the reason b'cos which she considers herself superior. Ruqaiya's father has done much to save Humayun and for Jalal to reign the sultanate. So perhaps she considers her post her due and permanent.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 05:38

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum