Latest topics

In favour of Jodha

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: In favour of Jodha

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 17:03

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:TM- topic maker
Tanths= Tanthya... one of the members here... she is fun and frolic... in a tangy spicy kind of way

I am distinctly getting a feeling of beiing hanging on the butcher's hook while my accomplishments and flaws are appraised critically  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

there u are
"advertisement" is the fashion of the day!!!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 17:07

sonshine487 wrote:there are two ways to being good...
1. u can go about it subtly, quietly in a dignified manner
2. u can give sermons upon sermons and bore those around you to pieces

no, Jodha may not be wrong... but she is going about it in a not so endearing manner

add to that... long dialogues, repetive dialogues, boring, monotonous dialogue delivery, indifferent acting...

It is NOT Jodha's fault...
but someone somewhere needs to sit up and take notice

Hear , Hear .. So true .. When I see Jodha, I feel that Jodha is shown as a regular girl but Jodha comes from a Royal family , her behavior and attitude should reflect tht ..then there are the dialogues, a delight to hindi pundits but definitely too flowery and long winded for others ..third, I might sound like I am cribbing ..but I really do not like the way Paridhi speaks out her dialogues rather than emoting it with elan ( esp when u contrast the way Ankita delivers the self same Shuddh Dialogue with feelings) ..

The director and the creative have to come up with another way of showcasing Jodha as the pride of the Harem, she has to garner empathy and sympathy instead of getting castigated wholesale ..

Regarding Bhashans, Aren't all TV heroines prone to that ?? we may not get any reprieve on that score Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavani Nirupam on 2013-12-10, 17:08

Tanthya wrote:
Pavani Nirupam wrote:Sorry if I hurt any of ur feelings...
Jus wanna share my perspective thats y I raised a topic like this..
I agree with some of the opinions that are raised here..
anyhow thanks for ur view points...

Uff Pavani Yaar.. Nobody are hurt and I was very happy to see a differing view  so that I could happily debate . In fact loved the time spent in ur thread  long hug 

Please feel free to share your views any time, My dear friend, hope you are not offended by my replies ..

OOh No....Im not at all offended ...
in fact thanks for ur worth-noting points....
yeah I like this forum a lot where v can have a lot of discussions about our fav. serial... :) 

Pavani Nirupam

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-10, 17:17

NoRegrets wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
NoRegrets wrote:
cheena007 wrote:My dear TM , i have said same thing in Tants thread ...i agree with Tants on Paridhi , she is not emoting well that could be one of the reason for confusion about her character ...Ruq is always insecure no one can help her with that ..she claims she can read his mind how come she failed this time ..What empathy one should have for a begum who can't relate to the issue like child marriage ..she doesn't deserve that audha she is so proud of....

Thumbsup 

(By the way what is TM and Tants means? Question 
I am a bit new to the forum..So I dont know the abbreviations and all)

Tants is me, My name is Tanthya and friends have shortened it to Tants  :) :) :) 

TM is Thread maker , that is Pavani who has opened this post ..we are happily chatting away in her thread ..

Ohh thanks for the info..Tants  :) :) :)  Embarassed 

You are most welcome,Sruthi  :) 

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-10, 17:28

Pavani Nirupam wrote:Im surprised to see so many of our forum wasis lashing out at jodha's character.Infact I was a lil vexed too..

Not sure if it is the way Jodha is portrayed or Pari's performance and dialogue delivery, but yes she has vexed us many a times, esp in the  Amer sequence

But,she loves and stands by her family. She has her self respect and she cannot stand someone playing with it...jalal was no saint. he had both political  and personal reasons in getting married to jodha. if he is softning towards jodha and jodha showing restraint doesnt mean jodha's actions to be termed as  wrong. after the incident of snatching of ratanpur killa, if jodha starts showing her love for him, it is something unrealistic and hard to understand

Jodha can show all the restraint in the world. But wish she had shown better manners

In this track also all she was doing was trying to save a child from being raped and complained to her husband to do something. How was she supposed to know that things will escalate to this level.Even then Jo tried to stop Jalal for Talaq ...Jo  tried her best to convince him that he is above law so he doesn't need to talaq Ruq .. she also said whatever has already happened that can't be changed so he doesn't need to do this..Its Ruq's insecurity she went on accusing Jo for taking her place as begum e khas ..Jo was fine till Ruq called her back stabber and accusing Rajvanshi.Agar koi family ko blame karegi toh no one would tolerate i think .

...ahem.... so Jalal becomes husband whenever she chooses, is it? 
As I had stated on another thread, when your world collapses, you go on a blaming spree.  Same happened with Ruqs today.  Jodha is the undisputed queen of this tendency. Whatever happened, blame Jalal was her motto till a couple of weeks ago.

Let me remind you, Jo also has made sweeping statements of Mughals on two occasions

And when coming to jo's dialogues to ruks to think about Tasneem and like gals situation..she is is telling dat she jus thought about those things in complaing d same to Jalal not about her way clearing to become begum-a-khass.I dont think she want ruks to think about tasneem nd give talaq to jalal.Rather she want her to understand jo's situation in giving that complaint.

Ruqs did understand that and sided Jo. Infact she was happy in DEK when Jalal announced that that AK couldn't marry Tasneem. But she only doubted that Jo might have instigated this talaaq affair. Not right of course,  but error of judgement instigated by MA.

Jodha's character always gets bashed the most, and before I understood why some people disliked her character because she was ungrateful and rude towards Jalal, but she's so much more mature now, but apparently that's too perfect. 

i never watched main female protagonist got hatred frm forum ppl..jodha is female protagonist of this show but till date how much jodha has gotten bash frm most of forum ppl,i don't think maham,adham or sharfu r ever gotten like jodha n ruq ki baath toh kuch aur hai apple of one's eye in this forum..ruq can shout on jalal but its so normal to ppl but if jodha talks loudly with jalal then it wl b how dare u jodha!

Ruqaiya has lived 10 yrs with him, in joy and sorrow, for the good and bad, which gives her the right. Please list out what Jo has given him? Except the lep after nearly having him killed by her foolishness. She and her family has received so much from him.

The main reason Jodha has invited everyone's irk is her lack of sorrys and thankyous . It was appalling that she didn't apologise for her foolishness during the tiger fiasco. Not even a slight change in attitude or even reconsideration when Jalal bowed before Kaalima. The time she got worst bashings was when she after the hawaai incident she told him -'Go away!what if something happens to you in Amer? It might hamper Sukanya's wedding' meaning go die anywhere, not in Amer. In Sukanya's wedding after Jalal decided to give away the fort, her saying-' your jijasa doosron ke vastu chinna jaante hain' , her lack of a reasonable thankyou after he gave his dear fort to her sister and her hanging on to the unmade vachan and her infamous stomping her royal foot outside the tent into the freezing cold and shaking Jalal and accusing him of Maan Bhrasht, Aatma Khandith and moorchith avastha ka anuchith laabh.....oooooh!

Through these phases, her character stands out as ungrateful and too bad behaved for a princess.  We are yet to completely recover from those impressions.

When Jalal stopped to think that she could be innocent in the fake pregnancy track, she never considered the possibility that Jalal may not be wrong. It is her being so insensitive and fixed in her own ideas and correctness that irritates. The only time she ever told a sorry was recently after the pregnancy track.

It is where the heroine lacks grace and understanding and screams righteousness always, without herself practicing it many instances that we get a Jodha phobia.
(For ex, Jodha is now so concerned about Agra praja. But when she was asked to sacrifice her religion, she was not willing even if it meant Jalal's throne and subsequent mayhem and bloodshed in the state)

But she has begun to repair herself. Don't worry, when Jodha DOES something to earn all that Agra has given her, made some contribution to the place and its people (in action not just in words and bhaashans), we will all sing songs in her praise.

So Im confused as to why so much back lashing against her character.

PS: I m completely frustrated seeing the condition of forum therefore, if anyone feels offence with my comments then i can't do anything b/c i luv to say frankly whats in my heart.

No offence whatsoever. Please feel free to say whatever you feel like. Crisscrossing views always makes discussions interesting.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-10, 17:30

Tanthya wrote:

no, Jodha may not be wrong... but she is going about it in a not so endearing manner

add to that... long dialogues, repetive dialogues, boring, monotonous dialogue delivery, indifferent acting...

Hear , Hear .. So true ..   When I see Jodha, I feel that Jodha is shown as a regular girl but Jodha comes from a Royal family , her behavior and attitude should reflect tht ..then there are the dialogues, a delight to hindi pundits but definitely too flowery and long winded for others ..third, I might sound like I am cribbing ..but I really do not like the way Paridhi speaks out her dialogues rather than emoting it with elan ( esp when u contrast the way Ankita delivers the self same Shuddh Dialogue with feelings) ..

The director and the creative have to come up with another way of  showcasing Jodha as the pride of the Harem, she has to garner empathy and sympathy  instead of getting castigated wholesale ..

Regarding Bhashans, Aren't all TV heroines prone to that ?? we may not get any reprieve on that score Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Bhashans are synonymous with TV gals
but is it too much to hope for shorter crisper versions... Bhashans, not the girls

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Akdha's on 2013-12-10, 17:35

sonshine487 wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Hear , Hear .. So true ..   When I see Jodha, I feel that Jodha is shown as a regular girl but Jodha comes from a Royal family , her behavior and attitude should reflect tht ..then there are the dialogues, a delight to hindi pundits but definitely too flowery and long winded for others ..third, I might sound like I am cribbing ..but I really do not like the way Paridhi speaks out her dialogues rather than emoting it with elan ( esp when u contrast the way Ankita delivers the self same Shuddh Dialogue with feelings) ..

The director and the creative have to come up with another way of  showcasing Jodha as the pride of the Harem, she has to garner empathy and sympathy  instead of getting castigated wholesale ..

Bhashans are synonymous with TV gals
but is it too much to hope for shorter crisper versions... Bhashans, not the girls

Liked it...  :* emb*: 

Akdha's
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-10, 17:49

Tanthya wrote:
sonshine487 wrote:TM- topic maker
Tanths= Tanthya... one of the members here... she is fun and frolic... in a tangy spicy kind of way

I am distinctly getting a feeling of beiing hanging on the butcher's hook while my accomplishments and flaws are appraised critically  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
You mean like glorifying the goat before chopping off its head?  Twisted Evil 

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavani Nirupam on 2013-12-10, 17:59

Jodha is the most popular fiction character among TV audience

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k13/dec/dec43.php

Pavani Nirupam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 07:42