Latest topics

Jalal or his foolish alter ego

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jalal or his foolish alter ego

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-11, 14:35

Akbar, the great warrior who never lost a battle , an astute stateman, a diplomat par excellence who brought most of Hindustan under one chatra-chaaya  was made to look so DUMB yesterday ! looking out of the window helplessly!

So he really didn't have an alternative plan! He meant to sacrifice Ruqaiya after lamenting - why do women have to sacrifice everytime!
The Emperor who didn't allow the rat king to take away his fort actually allowed cheapo AK to take away his wife and best friend!
The worst part is that  he really meant it when he said that all under-age marriages in the past ten years stand nullified!

I want to ask the CVs some questions

1.Why did this situation have to happen? The public knowing it or not knowing it is another issue. The very back-application of the law was unwarranted

2.Wasn't it enough if Jalal had just said that the law is applicable henceforth? None of this trouble would have come up

3.What was the need to buckle in when Adham threw the challenge? To believe that Jalal buckles under pressure is unbelievable

4. Would it not be enough to say that he comes under law and will not marry nabaaliks hereafter which he already did?

5.How can a king of Akbar's calibre be shown to decide without thinking of the consequences?  Isn't it diametrically opposite to the Jalal we've been shown so far?

6. What did he want to prove by the retro-application of the law and all this drama and to whom

7. When most of the courtiers, family members and awaam at one go guessed that such a retro application of law would disrupt families, couldn't AKBAR do it?

8.That he was caught by events and was helpless is fine, but why were the events needed? Just to please the AK scum? Wont the public ask even if Aadham Khan was the reason behind retro application of the law as he  threw the challenge, why did Shahenshah have to accept?

9.Was disrupting the lives of thousands of girls across the country worth saving one Tasneem by retrospective application of the law? Didn't the usually brilliant Jalal know that?

10. Why is Jalal shown such a dunce yesterday?. He may not be good at public relations but certainly he is no fool to making and application and effects of laws! To say he didn't expect such a reaction... what else did he expect? another collection to give him dua?

Fine, Jodha  will get a golden halo to match her joda and jewellery. This could  be guessed as the only reason and logic behind the vamoosing of Jalal's brains in the matter

If the law had been passed from that  date henceforth, and still people didn't accept the law as it was against age old traditions, and Jodha comes up with a solution as  she is a better PRO, it would have been believable and we can say that Akbar is on a learning curve as far as PR goes. 

But to show that Akbar went ahead with his divorce plans and ordered the divorce of thousands of girls across the state, with no reason at all as it will prove NOTHING, with no alternate plan and needed Jo to the rescue seems too contrived and  unbelievable as though he is made to make deliberate mistakes so that Jo can be catapulted to heights.  Neither the real Akbar, nor the character of Jalal shown far has been such a dimwit

Jalal can by chance miss out finer points by not consulting, but surely he cant be blind to the truth
that was dancing before his eyes which even his ministers, family members and riyaya understood so easily.  It is okay to show that Jo fine-tuned Akbar. But to show that she taught him the basics is sheer scandalous!!

After 2 days thinking, brilliant deep-thinking Jalal is clueless and Jodha solves the samasya in a jiffy. Aren't we talking about Akbar the great?

Whatever be Akbar’s private life, it is an undisputed fact that he was an epic administrator and ruler

I'm not against a female taking the centre stage in the story of JhansiRani. But this is the story of Akbar and Jodha.This story is about the love between the two people. That's all. Akbar cannot be shown as a dumb dunce suddenly incapable of intelligence and decisions, and  Jodha cant be credited with being the reason behind each one of Akbar's achievements just because of the title. It would be gross discredit to Akbar. Jodha might have been a positive influence but showing her to be the sole brains behind him is in very poor taste and unpalatable. If heroine glorification is all that was needed, why Jodha Akbar, it could have been any king or queen. When you do take up the story of two people in history, there is a limit to which you can distort history. You can fill-in incidents and spice it up but you cant twist the very core of the characters or change certain important incidents. A disclaimer is no blanket to any extent of liberties. Like I read elsewhere, you can't make a serial on Gandhiji and have him shooting people at the drop of a hat and then put a disclaimer

WHOM DID WE HAPPEN TO SEE IN YESTERDAY'S EPISODE

JALAL OR HIS FOOLISH DIMWIT ALTER EGO???????????

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jalal or his foolish alter ego

Post by Abavi on 2013-12-11, 14:46

Very nice post. As much as we have read about Akbar the great at school, his period was also well known for petticoat politics.

Even by that standards, this is too much!

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-11, 14:47

*raises hand* I stand in complete agreement!

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-12-11, 14:47

Hi Sandhya...u have raised some really pertinent questions but i dunno why i am not very furious in the way CVs have been depicting Jallu and his harem only for one reason:

this issue or for that matter any issue/track which has been depicted till now in the show is all true but has not been detailed anywhere so all we know is the child marriage was abolished by Akbar...but what, how, why and when all the things happened is left to imagination and i guess...here the creatives of Balaji have taken liberty and spinned a story to tell its audience ...there is absolutekly no truth in this.

Secondly, we know Akbar was THE GREAT but he definitely faltered a lot and learnt from the mistakes....he must not have been the SP/Zee heroines who do everything right, isnt it? Aisa toh nahi hai ki Akbar ne jo bhi kuchh kiya  usme koi galti nahi ki hogi usne.....so why not think of yday episode as Jallu's learning step/curve.....why does he have to play a masterstroke like ratanpur qila....kabhi kabhi usne bhi galat decision liya hoga...he is a human afterall and a flawed one at that.

Also he was surrounded by so many women....so it might have happened that he took advice from them, aisa toh hai nahi ki mentos ki goli khaa ke hindustan pe raaj kar raha tha....he is bound to win and fall in the things he would have done....koi farista ya bhagwan toh tha nahi.....

Just my thought.

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-11, 15:43

pollyanna wrote:Hi Sandhya...u have raised some really pertinent questions but i dunno why i am not very furious in the way CVs have been depicting Jallu and his harem only for one reason:

this issue or for that matter any issue/track which has been depicted till now in the show is all true but has not been detailed anywhere so all we know is the child marriage was abolished by Akbar...but what, how, why and when all the things happened is left to imagination and i guess...here the creatives of Balaji have taken liberty and spinned a story to tell its audience ...there is absolutekly no truth in this.

Secondly, we know Akbar was THE GREAT but he definitely faltered a lot and learnt from the mistakes....he must not have been the SP/Zee heroines who do everything right, isnt it? Aisa toh nahi hai ki Akbar ne jo bhi kuchh kiya  usme koi galti nahi ki hogi usne.....so why not think of yday episode as Jallu's learning step/curve.....why does he have to play a masterstroke like ratanpur qila....kabhi kabhi usne bhi galat decision liya hoga...he is a human afterall and a flawed one at that.

Also he was surrounded by so many women....so it might have happened that he took advice from them, aisa toh hai nahi ki mentos ki goli khaa ke hindustan pe raaj kar raha tha....he is bound to win and fall in the things he would have done....koi farista ya bhagwan toh tha nahi.....

Just my thought.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Of course, he can make mistakes, but this is not a mistake but foolhardiness. - Ordering all underage weddings over the past 10 years nullified; they might be happily married,  they might have children by now!

When everyone from ministers to ladies to praja saw the impracticality of the retro-application of the law, was Akbar such a fool that he couldn't.

When I saw the awam ki dua birthday gift I thought nothing could be more contrived but this track has crossed all limits of sensibility.

To show a man who was such a capable administrator commit such a BLUNDER,(being human he might have committed errors, but not such a blunder) all so that his new Khaas Begum will bail him out....

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-11, 15:46

Thanks Abhavi and Shalini

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-12-11, 16:09

sandhya wrote:
pollyanna wrote:Hi Sandhya...u have raised some really pertinent questions but i dunno why i am not very furious in the way CVs have been depicting Jallu and his harem only for one reason:

Just my thought.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Of course, he can make mistakes, but this is not a mistake but foolhardiness. - Ordering all underage weddings over the past 10 years nullified; they might be happily married,  they might have children by now!

When everyone from ministers to ladies to praja saw the impracticality of the retro-application of the law, was Akbar such a fool that he couldn't.

When I saw the awam ki dua birthday gift I thought nothing could be more contrived but this track has crossed all limits of sensibility.

To show a man who was such a capable administrator commit such a BLUNDER,(being human he might have committed errors, but not such a blunder) all so that his new Khaas Begum will bail him out....

yes, its a Blunder and Foolhardiness.......but we(viewers) have come to this conclusion after dissection of the matter...... mebbe when this event would have actually taken place...all our Jallu could think of is this way only (having brains doesnt mean u take all RIGHT decisions) ...which was not at all palatable for the masses.....remember the punishment he gave to that adulterous woman...that was also very very severe, uncalled for...also lets not forget that kings were dictators and they must have have taken some very very stupid decisions too.....

For eg, closer home and our times---look at AAP victory....neither BJP nor Congress could read them right...this is when technology is at ur fingertip and u can have all the information ...pro and cons of the situation....and still a naive young party humbled the two biggies.....

Though, i dunno, if i am able to bring home my point but my only concern is not to glorify any character whether its Jallu, Jodha or anybody else......this is the story and makers will put forth their views as to how Jallu-Jodha fell in love....ab isme Jodha ka halo formation bhi ho sakta hai....jallu henpecked husband bhi ho sakta hai....nobody went to see whats happening in Jo-Ja bedroom , rite??

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 08:28

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum