Latest topics

the AASTHA mythology...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the AASTHA mythology...

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-12, 11:19

I normally do not talk abt the char 'aastha'...i obviously do have a relatable reason to do that...it is one of the most poorly written n utterly rubbished chars on tv of all times,(ah,i m yet newbie in tv serial janta..n writing reviews)within my experience circle...lets leave this executional dealings here n i start what i m upto...

Caution Warning: this post may be long...it happens when one take unusual route...Be-aware!!!

I m a devotee of shree swasthani vrat katha...its glee ful to fast as i love the glow aftermath of fasting(as much as i enjoy gobbling at free meals!)...so it is,every year, i find pleasure in reading it...'The Swasthani Vrat Katha', Origin of my derivative version- the 'aastha' mythology...

A Brahmin couple Siva bhatta Brahmin and Sati Brahmini,Sanskaari but financially poor becuz they werent devotee to God enough in their previous lives(seriously, these logics goes over my head, though i still continue reading n accepting it) start praying Shree Ganesha (son of lord Shiva ji, underline shivaji...though it is 'swasthani' mata's katha, v need a male protagonist!! There, shivaji plays our hero..perfect) to bless them with wealth...Ganesha listens to their prayer...
But no, they r unsatisfied with wealth only..they desire a child to protect that wealth...Ganesha bless them with that too,but its DAUGHTER(reason: they havnt written SON in their fate due to karmas of previous life...okay dnt laugh,lets move on)...so,logically aware, brahmin duo start charity to reserve gud fate for next life,leaving their alone child 'Goma'(underline Goma,she is FL here) at home to take care of things...

Here comes,good deeds gone to mad consequence..God of heaven,Indra ji(i seriously dnt find a reason y is he god-that too of heaven!!) is scared as the brahmin duo's charity shake the vanity of heaven(as it says, amarawati)...he pleas with Shiva ji to stop all this charity by any means n save his heaven for him...
OMG moment:Shiva ji agrees to him...as of a man in mission Shiva ji,clad in begger avatar, goes to Goma's house n begs for charity...Goma does what a small kid wud do, she refuses until her baba-mata arrive n permit...
Pre-planned yet acting mad Shiva ji CURSES Goma that 'in age of 7,she wil b FORCED to marry a 70 yr old man, n its her fate'...
Reluctantly,brahmin duo gives in to that curse,when Goma ages 7 as they r left wth no other option in front of her CURSED FATE...

Twist time: the 70 yr old man(named shiva sharma) marrying Goma is again Shiva ji's another incarnation..obvious 'what the!!! ' moment...(v can call it fake Shiva ji, cant v??)..he marries her n takes her to his home FOREVER..after sending their daughter her actual home,brahmin duo die in an accident,the fact is oblivious to Goma cuz she is now TAKEN forever...
Shiva sharma introduces a hay-stacked cottege as his home with nothing inside it..Goma accepts her new home with a tearful,hurt heart n compromises wth her conjugal life i.e. Her fate...
Once she is pregnant,shiva sharma leaves her alone,excusing 'in search of charity to raise their child later'..
He goes to Ganga kinar n dies..Shiva ji is now free of his incarnation,so he goes back to mata Parvati(yes, shiva ji do have a past love interest...actually two it is)...

The story continues even after that but i want to stop it here for now...
The gone(past) Aastha...as an immaturish small kid- crying to get a candy she so wanted to taste...not even knowing the taste of that candy,it may b swt or bitter...her kiddish heart said 'its sweet'..is that her real fault???
The present Aastha...learning to compromise with her cursed fate...blackmailing fate...
The story indeed doesnt stop here...it has to access a happy point...where all shed tears, hurtful wounds have an equal or even more compensative happiness... compassionate moments in life...consolation worth accepting the cursed fate...
We know there's happy ever after ending to this torturous story...but the question is will the process of resolve be justifiable...worth tolerating the torture for...
Goma recieves happiness later as the story progresses...her hurts n cursed fate r given reasons for...somewhere logical, somewhere not but u kinda feel it justified...u come to terms to accept as it is...

Aastha-shlok n Goma -Shiva ji, relational n progressive base is alike...
Aastha-kirloskers n Goma- Brahmins transitional phase n love in betn is relatable...
Aastha-agnihotris n Goma-Curse can b identified wth each other...
(though i feel aastha's fate darker n unworthy more..that doesnt mean Goma's is less)...

So,i think, can Aastha find a similar 'way' (not just a 'point') to happiness???

Can Goma be 'the aastha mythology'???

The wait for answer is on...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: the AASTHA mythology...

Post by slmu on 2013-12-12, 12:23

Interesting comparison Sush. Yes, there will be a happy ending somewhere down the line... but I don't feel it will be satisfactory. Because for me at least the torture that she has to grow through is unjustifiable and therefor not redeemable. Instead of a happy ending, I would like justice.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-12, 14:34

Sush....  hug1 big hugs for making topic posts...

Wait... What? He impregnates her and then goes back to Parvati... Parvati should  Bang  They are like Zeus and Hera... Instead of Hera punishing Zeus for promiscuity she punishes Echo, the girl who told everyone about Zeus' philandering nature ( by making her unable to talk, she could only repeat what others say... That's where the word Echo comes from) ... What did Parvati do to Lord Shiva?

Astha will live happily ever after with Shlok... Cause that's what happens with serials... But I wish she could just leave and be happy with someone else.... Shlok is sick and Astha ( or any wife) doesn't need to turn into nursemaid to help these messed up people... That's what psychiatrist and psychologists are for...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-12, 15:51

@shanti
absolutely true shanti...it is justice in demand..not only to aastha n other abused womankind but to us, viewers..LSVs...happy ending of love birds reunion is not fair...not the justice this show has to decide... After going to the extreme of irredeemability...
In Goma's story,where i felt justice is she is refered(even now) as dharati/prithvi (earth) for what she did go thru, tolerating every hate her fate threw at her...no! Being cursed was not right...still she won over her fate...she become a complete woman( grt daughter, grt wife n a grt mother, as per that time, that Yug's criterion)... How? Fighting alone...she didnt need her husband even at then-time to raise her son, she made it alone...plus, what i love most in her story is she never found out shiva sharma is in fact Lord Shiva...
I want same case here...not that i want aastha to tolerate(though loved Goma doing that...that was what that Yug purpoted)...she needs to rebel direct against every odd,not dramatic but realistic way,as this Yug,this time demands... N what v get to see is 'i respect this parampara, but as u leave me by my choice i will not choose to do it' n 'if someone's doing sth out of love then its fine but i dnt want to do it, i cant'... I knw it is shown to make us feel aastha respect her elders n the way they think, but why should she b portrayed as mahan bahu(istri) every now n then???
She can directly b tantramous and puke at the face of that crap parampara n its devotees(who despite knowing it is wrong ignore the fact)...its not she is someone raised to believe love is in these things,like ancient women...so why not she b portrayed tantruming-back,intolerable, rude?? V obviously reply rude to rudity..its real...so lets make aastha real... Lets rubbish love here,cuz love is not the thing here...its plain pathetic abuse...if shouting for own's help is non discipline, let aastha b undisciplied...let her shout...
Its not difficult but the makers do hav other plans,it seems

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-12, 16:46

Shesherkobita wrote:Sush....  hug1 big hugs for making topic posts...

Wait... What? He impregnates her and then goes back to Parvati... Parvati should  Bang  They are like Zeus and Hera... Instead of Hera punishing Zeus for promiscuity she punishes Echo, the girl who told everyone about Zeus' philandering nature ( by making her unable to talk, she could only repeat what others say... That's where the word Echo comes from) ... What did Parvati do to Lord Shiva?

Astha will live happily ever after with Shlok... Cause that's what happens with serials... But I wish she could just leave and be happy with someone else.... Shlok is sick and Astha ( or any wife) doesn't need to turn into nursemaid to help these messed up people... That's what psychiatrist and psychologists are for...

Jhappies back sabi...i dnt knw that zeus,hera n echo story...thanks for sharing... Myths r like this only... Even illogicality r imprinted loud...
Parvati did nothing significant to Shiva ji (thats why our paramparagat shows r not for divorce!!hehe) though she scolded him good-time for leaving selfishly a pregnant woman all alone... She said 'all men r cruel' n Bas let that badmash shiva ji go...

But She did lots for Goma afterwards..goddess Swasthani is Mata Parvati's incarnations...shloks from Swasthani grantha gave Goma strength n knowledge to grow n stand on her own...Goma returns to happy n content life later..at last of the story, she becomes Rajmata of a kingdom with a son n two b'ful bahus...(typical myth)

coming back to show, yes, aastha wil change shlok (lets nt expect at al a convincing show) n agnihotri asylum...they wil live happily ever after with the mantra 'jaya aastha devi'...
Typical serial rule that pricks my heart... It was not there in ipk- cuz there it was; 'love'..my heart never came out of that love nor CVs went ths far in irredeemability...
Dnt want to compare, but i respect ASR the way he was...he forced her,yes,but he did that to control a low-life girl ruining a family,ruining lives(b it a MU) but shlok has just no reasons... ASR hated bi...y women but he respected womankind...he respected personal space, individuality n many more...but shlok, truly pain in the neck...
What r makers doing? They hav lots of thing to do wth shlok...they can show him crying cuz he has to hate his mother when the world outside hm is in mother's lap...when wil they connect audience n shlok heart to heart??

I remember watching a k-show...ML was a monster like shlok is,planning revenge with his mother by destroying his half brother (his mother loved a lot), stealing his brother's lady love,trying to ruin her n all..he crossed al limits...still i cud nt bring myself to hate that man,not even for a sec, cuz he truly never cud hate his mom nor half brother n i felt it thru screen...that was a tragic end show n i love that tragedy to core...at last,i felt proud i never hated that dark-monster male lead...

Just wish ipk-ebp can b like that...its nt far, just it needs heart n guts to go thru the tragic but meaningful end... Revolution is not big thing,TV shows needs change...how i wish ebp b the one...it has
potential...even now

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-12, 17:09

Aasudi

Hi i am Anu an old member of this forum. I realy loved reading your story and how you related it to Aastha   Does such an pooja really exist. I am totally unaware of it.  For me all the abusers in the show should get justice  whether they are physical or mental. Shlok should be treated pysciatrically. Only then Aastha would be happy. Love cannot forgive such abuse.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-12, 19:21

anurao66 wrote:Aasudi

Hi i am Anu an old member of this forum. I realy loved reading your story and how you related it to Aastha   Does such an pooja really exist. I am totally unaware of it.  For me all the abusers in the show should get justice  whether they are physical or mental. Shlok should be treated pysciatrically. Only then Aastha would be happy. Love cannot forgive such abuse.

anu, jhappies...i knw u frm my previous post..thanks for replying,despite u nt watching the show...i agree with ur every point...love cant forgive such abuse...that is actual problem with this show..CVs do not have good concept of love n how to execute it...n i believe these shows r all,how do u execute... Moreover,i'm not liking the fact show's theme 'abuse' is being used over the board to garner few more numbers, which is plain wrong... Its alright u produce what sells, but wth these tv shows one is in real good books when u sell what u produce...at some point u have to rebel against odds n at times provide what u promised...

Btw,yes, the ritual(charanamrit) exists...not that pati pujan n charanamrit the show displayed...doing puja in karva chauth,teez also is pati pujan na..i doubt a solo ritual for pujing pati exists...hehe...charanamrit ritual is followed whenever an woman completes fast (as far as i know)...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2013-12-12, 19:40

Aasudi wrote:@shanti
absolutely true shanti...it is justice in demand..not only to aastha n other abused womankind but to us, viewers..LSVs...happy ending of love birds reunion is not fair...not the justice this show has to decide... After going to the extreme of irredeemability...
In Goma's story,where i felt justice is she is refered(even now) as dharati/prithvi (earth) for what she did go thru, tolerating every hate her fate threw at her...no! Being cursed was not right...still she won over her fate...she become a complete woman( grt daughter, grt wife n a grt mother, as per that time, that Yug's criterion)... How? Fighting alone...she didnt need her husband even at then-time to raise her son, she made it alone...plus, what i love most in her story is she never found out shiva sharma is in fact Lord Shiva...
I want same case here...not that i want aastha to tolerate(though loved Goma doing that...that was what that Yug purpoted)...she needs to rebel direct against every odd,not dramatic but realistic way,as this Yug,this time demands... N what v get to see is 'i respect this parampara, but as u leave me by my choice i will not choose to do it' n 'if someone's doing sth out of love then its fine but i dnt want to do it, i cant'... I knw it is shown to make us feel aastha respect her elders n the way they think, but why should she b portrayed as mahan bahu(istri) every now n then???
She can directly b tantramous and puke at the face of that crap parampara n its devotees(who despite knowing it is wrong ignore the fact)...its not she is someone raised to believe love is in these things,like ancient women...so why not she b portrayed tantruming-back,intolerable, rude?? V obviously reply rude to rudity..its real...so lets make aastha real... Lets rubbish love here,cuz love is not the thing here...its plain pathetic abuse...if shouting for own's help is non discipline, let aastha b undisciplied...let her shout...

Goma's story - yes its great that she didn't find out that he is Shiva. I like that aspect too.

About Aastha, agreed there is no love here.. its all plain abuse for no rhyme or reason. Shout yes, but shout in such a manner as to be effective. Just raising your voice gets you nowhere.. she has to take steps to end the abuse as well, either fighting back or walking out. Here, they will just show her going around accepting the abuse and then miraculously he falls for her and that's the end which is so unsatisfactory and unjustified.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-12, 21:54

slmu wrote:
Aasudi wrote:@shanti

Goma's story - yes its great that she didn't find out that he is Shiva. I like that aspect too.

About Aastha, agreed there is no love here.. its all plain abuse for no rhyme or reason. Shout yes, but shout in such a manner as to be effective. Just raising your voice gets you nowhere.. she has to take steps to end the abuse as well, either fighting back or walking out. Here, they will just show her going around accepting the abuse and then miraculously he falls for her and that's the end which is so unsatisfactory and unjustified.

agree...the base for aastha tolerating abuse is blackmailing...she can use phone, recorder, camera whatever to entrap shlok's mal intentions...but no, she is bg filling already averse heads wth 21st century mantra n why i loved u chants...
She can go out of house nytime but she doesnt makes a move to go tell her family or frns or even police abt the blackmailing..she seems scared of fighting in-out, coward so she backs out..al this to save her baba's khuddari n maika's izzat?? Is it what a modernity n ethics preaching gal should do?? Not trusting law n compromising...yes,her sacrifice is actual compromise...she already knws,despite her tolerating her father is jobless n ill...til when she wants to continue ths cat-mouse game?? I feel awk...

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sameersaagar on 2013-12-12, 22:17

Reality mostly takes a backseat here, if Shloke & his BIL were both to stand in front of a Mirror, their reflections would not be having much of a difference. They are both ill treating their wives . 
Technology as you have rightly said can be used to expose Shloke, but instead the Cvs do not have much use for it in their series

sameersaagar
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-13, 00:37

PHEW !! Finally managed to read your awesome post Aasudi ...
First of all thanks for this mythological connection you gave to this serial .. Nice comparison ... I hope Aastha wins in the end and overcomes all the hurdles with out any man's help .... Least of all that. Torturous pati of hers ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-14, 12:29

sameersaagar wrote:Reality mostly takes a backseat here, if Shloke & his BIL were both to stand in front of a Mirror, their reflections would not be having much of a difference. They are both ill treating their wives . 
Technology as you have rightly said can be used to expose Shloke, but instead the Cvs do not have much use for it in their series

yes u r right...they r concerned with drama for now....shlok and abhay, shlok is not shown beating aastha because he has to later on turn to hero... otherwise, there's no difference betn the two....I hate it when he forces her those physical touches

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-14, 12:35

--sumana13-- wrote:PHEW !! Finally managed to read your awesome post Aasudi ...
First of all thanks for this mythological connection you gave to this serial .. Nice comparison ... I hope Aastha wins in the end and overcomes all the hurdles with out any man's help .... Least of all that. Torturous pati of hers ...

no need to thank yaar.... ur hope will remain hope (sorry) but I do hope the same...infact, my connection of these two stories intends same.... Goma lived all her life without her husband.... she was nt abused like aastha but cursed...she lived that curse as then-woman wud do and aastha has to do the same, face this torture as now-woman wud do.... I wish she takes shlok behind the bars.... that's why I ask can these two stories b relatable to end??? v hope so ....just hope

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 23:35

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum