Latest topics

ILKDM #42 - Akbar !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ILKDM #42 - Akbar !

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-17, 16:20

When a baby is born, it is covered in lots of muck,blood and other gooey stuff , a unflattering  pic to all except the baby's mother but when cleaned, powdered swathed in fluffy towel and handed over, the glistening , angelic face emerges drawing rapturous sighs of admiration, affection from one and all , So is the making of a emperor , a Man about to be marked in History as the ablest King and administrator.. Jalal  did not  turn into a just and wise king overnight, nor was he a saint with zero flaws .. what makes Truly Akbar was his willingness to overcome his flaws, learn from his mistakes and the humility to know that he is no messiah and needs counsel and a broad mind to accept the advices offered whether it suits his purpose or not !  Kudos to  Ekta for not falling into the trap of showing Jalal as a perfect King  and for showing the warts and all... Yes, the The walk to become  Akbar is not awe inspiring, nor is it inspirational , it  makes u rebel against what is shown, we expect a perfect man not realizing for a tree to blossom ,  it has to germinate from  a dried, worn out ugly looking seed , the seedling does not promise  a future filed with shade and fruits  but allow it to grow  by being battered against elements, by  getting nourishment  from the roots digging through the bowels of the Earth, By combating the  pests that will infest and kill the budding leaves,  THEN ONLY THEN will a strong tree emerge !! Jalal is in process and the process has just begun ..There will be many unseemly, unheroic sights  but it is these weakness that will strengthen him and turn him Akbar!

The Navaratna's have begun to assemble  in the court of Jalal, Tansen comes in carrying his prejudice and his eccentricity like  a mast-flag , not knowing that his future is Agra ..yet another  step that bridges the distance between Jalal and Jodha ( take it with a pinch of salt) .. Celebrations have begun, wine flows freely ..  night culminating in the crowning of Jalal , of having finally won over the Amer maiden . The  revealing letter has made him light headed, delirious with joy  depicting a young man who is in the throes of a powerful emotion,  exciting , exhilarating and liberating . Jalal is fully intent in keeping up the assignment ..Why ??? because he is starved of any physical pleasure or because he genuinely craves for Jodha's love and approval  or is it  finally mission accomplished .. I think the operative word here is  'Won'..Jalal thinks he has 'Won' Jodha ,  got her to accept HIM  nowhere in his calculation does the question arise  about HIS feelings , His emotions .His ego  is content with the thought that he has won Jodha Begum little realizing that  Love cannot be won , Love can only be ruled and Jalal is not even a commoner in the kingdom of love !! Jalal has set himself for a chastising lesson from  life, of having the first inkling about emotions, of realizing what a vacuum his life is ..the acceptance will not be easy , the acknowledgement  may lead to a violent outburst, of regrettable actions  but this outpouring is essential for  the man he has to become ... A Emperor who has a  Date with History , A emperor Known as AKBAR !!

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Re: ILKDM #42 - Akbar !

Post by sharmibalan on 2013-12-17, 16:29

Wow....awesome....Sathya..... cheers  Kiss

sharmibalan
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-17, 16:35

Sathya, :sunny: 

Loved reading such a brilliant post. I simply loved the way you linked the look of a new born baby with that of a budding Emperor. Its really great reading it. Thumbsup I love the way you see things which we take for granted and not perceive it as you do. Please do write more often.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by pollyanna on 2013-12-17, 16:38

Sathu....come to me(#377 be damned!!!) I want to give u a tight hug and loads of kisses.......

I just love u for penning down the first para regarding journey of Jallu to Akbar....also how he is just a human...man..husband..son...king, ruler ... who is bound to err and then learn...(hameeda ke kokh se woh akbar the great nahin ban ke aaya tha aur naa hi masiha banke kabr mein gaya)..lets give him a break.....and not make him God like....uske liye MB ka Arjun kaafi hai......

pollyanna
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-17, 16:56

Thank God you felt like penning down something for us poor souls ...so starved of reading your posts .....
Big HUGS Sathya ...
 hug1 Heart 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-17, 17:29

Wow!! is the only word came to mind as soon as I finished reading it. How apt is the comparison with a newborn and tree. Truely, everyboday around him and even us wants him to be perfect! but none realises the efforts he has taken in transforming himself from a puppet king under BK to a real Shehenshah now standing proud!
     How amazingly you have cleared my doubt regarding his dialogue 'Jalal haasil karne yakin rakhta hai' ! Yes is still a commoner in the kingdom of Love and he will eventually realise it on his own that to make her fall for him, he first needs to bare his soul to her.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2013-12-17, 18:00

Missed ur posts..  Miss You 

Awesome post  Thumbsup I was going to skip the episode today but now I'm planning to watch it.. Hopefully I'll be able to bear it too.. Do write more often

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-12-17, 18:20

WOW WOW WOW , superb post.

The comparison of a seed , a baby to being an emperor is too good. Jalal has a long way to go to become AKBAR THE GREAT.

He has not yet even started his journey in the kingdom of love, he is at the entrance and as yet to walk the whole mile. I am loving this transformation. The precap is also interesting but alas its going to be one more of his dreams.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by sonshine487 on 2013-12-17, 18:35

Hawww!!!
Back again are you?
Now u r defending Jallu... medieval India's answer to Sallu?

Tell u what? me was super confused with that Raag Seduction thingy
Tansen had to sing that err... Raag and ol' Jallu fell?
so music has the power to make you do things? One raag to commit murder... another to pee... still another makes you fat?

Tamaam Ekta waley sabooton par gaur karney key baad, adaalat yeh nateejey par pahunchi hai... ki... Thank God! "Chikni Chameli" hadn't been composed in those days yet!!! Only think! what it would have done to Adham Khan!!!!

on a serious note.... fab post, love!

sonshine487
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ShaliniRobinson on 2013-12-17, 19:45

badiya ji! bahut fun aaya padh ke. :)

True... the king is in the making, becoming more mature, gaining intelligence, experience and EQ, learning love and understanding.

looking forward to see how Jalal becomes Akbar. :)

ShaliniRobinson
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-17, 19:47

sonshine487 wrote:Hawww!!!
Back again are you?
Now u r defending Jallu... medieval India's answer to Sallu?

Tell u what? me was super confused with that Raag Seduction thingy
Tansen had to sing that err... Raag and ol' Jallu fell?
so music has the power to make you do things? One raag to commit murder... another to pee... still another makes you fat?

Tamaam Ekta waley sabooton par gaur karney key baad, adaalat yeh nateejey par pahunchi hai... ki... Thank God! "Chikni Chameli" hadn't been composed in those days yet!!! Only think! what it would have done to Adham Khan!!!!

on a serious note.... fab post, love!
How was MA so sure that the ... er...raag  will have the desired effect only on Jalal that too in favour of Jodha? What if it worked on someone else.....

Say what if it worked on herself!!!! God save the poor victim!
What if all the begums and concubines of the harem were influenced? What would happen to our poor Jallu!!!!! No 
Good for the baandhis of the shaahi mahal, esp Moti Bhai that Aadham Khan was in the jail.
Good for Jodha that Shariffu was in the jail.

But our ice maiden is melt-proof to any raag

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by riyya6 on 2013-12-17, 19:59

Fantastic post  Thumbsup

riyya6
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down