Latest topics

A woman's right to choices

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A woman's right to choices

Post by perfumeheaven on 2013-12-18, 15:14

"A woman has a right to wear what she wants and do what she wants."  This a theme that has been tirelessly emphasized by the the lead characters of the Qubool hai. A woman is a person who is intelligent,beautiful and strong both in emotions and physical strength even more so than men.The ultimate goal of every woman is be protected,feel cherished and loved regardless of her financial status. A a career is a form of independence but it only fulfills a temporary need. If women had financial status and a family to love and be loved, a career would not have entered her mind.Her family would have been her career. The essence of a woman is her soul-mate who aids her in reaching the stars and her strength is in supporting him. Her pride comes from her accomplishments  in her family. What she wants in return? Respect,she wants everyone is look at her and agree that she is the ideal woman,the ideal wife,the ideal mother. Her authority in the work place does not stem from her looks and qualifications but respect.Her ability to command and deliver. Her character is not known by anyone until she speaks,so obviously seeing her for the first time what she is wearing tells a story. 

We live in a society where "sex sells" you look at advertisements  on sports, cars, cologne,alcohol etc and even the movies.They are projected as an object of entertainment for men. Our norms and values were not developed at this modern age, it was done for us thousands of years ago where it is called "traditions" in our soap shows. Granted our society is evolving and getting modern.We like to believe that it is improving our lives. Is it? Women have the right to dress the way she wants! Circumstances arise from the way she dresses either good or bad. Let women not be responsible for encouraging lust to the eyes of men. You want to wear minis, skin tight jeans,short dresses."poom poom shorts" ( this is a fitted pants that looks like an underwear,mostly worn in the Caribbean), a one piece or two piece bathing suit. Go right ahead,but have the choice in who sees you in them.

So Zoya, be a good girl, and respect the house you live in, in your own house where what you want. A guest respects her hosts hospitality and should respect their rules. Her stubbornness does not appeal, as Ayaan's wife you dressed wisely as the bahu of the house now you're single again back to the jeans? Gulji your theme are misconstrued. 

perfumeheaven

Back to top Go down

Re: A woman's right to choices

Post by Maria J on 2013-12-18, 16:25

Zai, If u say that dress describes one's character then Dilshad should not have been targeted na.. She was being targeted with no fault of hers. Zoya is not a guest at Gafoor Mansion. She is Asad's fiance. She just needs to listen to what Asad and Dilshad consider appropriate for her. When Zoya was married to Ayan she had changed her clothing style as she respected Ayan's family. Why does it require that a girl change her attire to acceptable norms for respect?

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2013-12-18, 21:17

Thanks for your take Zai... Missed reading you... True, people do respect the wishes of the host... I remember Princess Diana, Hillary Clinton covering their head in countries where it is expected... Nice post...

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by A.N.Jell_Zarina on 2013-12-18, 21:59

I agree Zai, Zoya is overdone at this point...the way Asad's reflecting zoya's insides "its her dress, not the character" had to have a powerful impact on the story and in the love story of asad zoya... I felt it very less to par due to the way this theme is being executed... It is more of preaching n OTT drama than sensitively emotional story telling...
Yes, zoya is free to dress up the way she wants but she obviously have to be considerate enough to understand the scenario...modernity is not only on standing up, sometimes its flexibility...zoya is very right, rejecting directly on their face what she has not done, she is right she isnt changing herself to some other person's wish but she is not right being inconsiderate, letting their host b inconvineint with her presence...Dilshaad shouted that was zoya's home too but she should know that asad-zoya r not married yet neither ayan-zoya r divorced...if she had given the reason zoya's ayan's wife so she rightfully is the inhabitant of SM, then zoya's display of bahu before seems fake...(i've not watched it regular so i may miss some points)...QH makers r in an irrecoverable mess... the reason why i'm not impressed with QH in this issue is : asad said she isnt exposing her body in any means or sth like that...that implies the 'body' with which zoya's face is morphed through the computer is characterless..is it???
Be that body of whoever girl, of any religion, its normal to advertise body lotion like that no?? Cuz v r discussing 'consideration' and 'when u r in rome,b a roman' thingy...

I repeat my line frm earlier post "Yes, u r a free bird but not the whole sky belongs to only You"

A.N.Jell_Zarina
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-19, 11:37

I feel the dress Zoya is wearing is all covered .. From her full sleeves to the ankles .. She also had a scarf around her head... Just because the material is not the one that makes salwar kameez and it is made of jeans cloth make her dress inappropriate is it ??
.. I do not agree I feel she is fully covered and not exposing any part of her body so she is appropriately depressed as per all religious norms for daily wear . ....

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 02:12

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum