Latest topics

Jodha Akbar Written Update 24 th December 2013

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 24 th December 2013

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 00:27

sandhya wrote:What a saasu maa! is lattoo over the darling bahu who gifts paalna to her son but keeps him so far that the chance to make a real paalna useful can never arise. confused 

What a shahenshah! the most jobless person in the sultanate who has only ladies and eunuchs around him. He makes a 'masterplan' to avenge his be-izzatti with a meena bazaar! How clever and resourceful!!!!!! confused If this is how the shahenshah treats those who shove him on the ground, won't we all want to push him too girls!

What a wazir-e-aaliya: she is no less than her emperor in the cleverness department.  If these people ran the empire, khuda bachchaye riyaya ko!!

What a diamond: O Kohinoor! Were you so cheap once that you were rewarded for an average painting by a baby elephant! :||^v:     

What  a jodha begum : nowadays she seems to be upset over even ruqaiya's rights over Jalal! But oops! forgot ! If Jodha begum is jealous, it is because she loves Jalal. Onlly when Ruqaiya begum is jealous we call it audha-seeking! And jo baby wants to know why Jallu miyan is upset? Does she have short term memory loss? Has she forgotten that she had just shoved the shahenshah a few days ago!!!

What a kanjoosi: Yes Neha you were right. One of the begums was wearing Jo's munh dikhayi dupatta. Ben was wearing the same yellow shawl and Jalal Jodha's red. And Javeda has to wear the same pink and hoshiyaar the same red always! What are they saving for? So that Shah Jahan could spend freely on the Taj Mahal?

What an episode: The most senseless after the Tasnim track where the Emperor looked like a complete nitwit!! Rajat ji! how much do we have to bear to see you in action!

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-25, 00:36

I just read that the Koh-I-noor diamond was never taken out of the treasury by Akbar as it spelt disaster for any male possessor and brought luck to the female possessor.  Surprising that the CVs show that Akbar gifted it to the baby elephant.

A clear history of Kohinoor diamond starts from 1294.
[th]Year[/th][th]The Path of Kohinoor Diamond[/th]
1294-1526The diamond was owned from Raja of Malwa to Alauddin of the Khilji dynasty. The stone then belonged to Tughlaq dynasty, Lodi dynasty. Babur seized the diamond from Ibrahim Lodi and named the diamond as “Babur’s Diamond”.In 1320, Khilji dynasty replaced the Tughlaq dynasty.
1526-1739Babur owned the diamond which then passed over to his son, Humayun. Both of them called the diamond as “Babur’s Diamond”. The diamond was owned by the Kachhwaha rulers of Gwalior and then inherited by the Tomara line. Man Singh Tomar who was the last of Tomaras, negotiated peace with Sikandar Lodi, Sultan of Delhi and became vassal of the Delhi SultanateHumayun was not so lucky to own the diamond. Sher Shah Suri defeated Humayun whose death was in the flames of a burst cannon. Humayun’s son, Akbar too never kept the diamond with him. Akbar’s grandson Shah Jahan took it out of his treasury. Shah jahan was later overthrown by his own son, Aurangazeb.

Shah Jahan, builder of Taj Mahal in Agra, placed the stone into his ornate Peacock Throne. Aurangazeb imprisoned his father at nearby Agara Fort. The diamond was positioned near a window so that Shah Jahan could see the Taj only by looking at its reflection in the stone. Later, aurangazeb brough the Kohinoor diamond to its capital Lahore and placed it in his own person Badshahi Mosque.
1739Kohinoor stayed until the invasion of Nader Shah of Khorasan in 1739 and the sacking of Agra and Delhi. Nader Shah took over the Peacock Throne along with Kohinoor diamond to Persia. It was Nader Shah who alleged the name Koh- i- noor to this precious and famous stone. There is no reference to this name before 1739.
1747Nader Shah was assassinated in 1747 and the stone came into the hands of his general, Ahmad Shah Durrani of Afghanistan.
1830Shuja Shah Durrani, ruler of Durrani Empire and the deposed ruler of Afghanistan, managed to flee with the diamond to Lahore. He was forced to surrender the diamond to Ranjit singh who in return won back Afghan throne.
1839Ranjith Singh was crowned the ruler of Punjab region and willed the Kohinoor to the Jagannath Temple in Orissa from his death bed. But his will was not executed by the British administrators.
1849British raised their flag on the citadel of Lahore. As a result, Punjab was formally procalimed to be part of the British Empire in India. According to the terms of the Treaty of Lahore, the legal agreement states as follows:
The gem called the Koh-i-Noor which was taken from Shah Shuja-ul-Mulk by Maharajah Ranjit Singh shall be surrendered by the Maharajah of Lahore to the Queen of England

As a result of this treaty, the diamond was owned by the British rule from 1849. Later, Lord Dalhousie, the Governor-General was responsible for the British acquiring the Koh-i- Noor. He showed great interst for the rest of his life. His was appointed to India to grab all the Indian assets. He was also criticized by his contemporaries in Britain.
1850Dalhousie, whose main interst is to acquire Indian assets planned that the diamond should be presented by Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s young successor, Duleep Singh to Queen Victoria. Duleep Singh who was aged 13 travelled to the United Kingdom to present the jewel. He had been placed in the guardianship of Dr. Login. Login was a surgeon in the British Army who served in West Bengal, East India and also a native from Scotland. Dr. Login, his wife Lena and the young Duleep Singh travelled to England to present the Kohinoor diamond to Queen Victoria

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell on 2013-12-25, 01:27

sandhya wrote:I just read that the Koh-I-noor diamond was never taken out of the treasury by Akbar as it spelt disaster for any male possessor and brought luck to the female possessor.  Surprising that the CVs show that Akbar gifted it to the baby elephant.

A clear history of Kohinoor diamond starts from 1294.

[th]Year[/th][th]The Path of Kohinoor Diamond[/th]
1294-1526The diamond was owned from Raja of Malwa to Alauddin of the Khilji dynasty. The stone then belonged to Tughlaq dynasty, Lodi dynasty. Babur seized the diamond from Ibrahim Lodi and named the diamond as “Babur’s Diamond”.In 1320, Khilji dynasty replaced the Tughlaq dynasty.
1526-1739Babur owned the diamond which then passed over to his son, Humayun. Both of them called the diamond as “Babur’s Diamond”. The diamond was owned by the Kachhwaha rulers of Gwalior and then inherited by the Tomara line. Man Singh Tomar who was the last of Tomaras, negotiated peace with Sikandar Lodi, Sultan of Delhi and became vassal of the Delhi SultanateHumayun was not so lucky to own the diamond. Sher Shah Suri defeated Humayun whose death was in the flames of a burst cannon. Humayun’s son, Akbar too never kept the diamond with him. Akbar’s grandson Shah Jahan took it out of his treasury. Shah jahan was later overthrown by his own son, Aurangazeb.

Shah Jahan, builder of Taj Mahal in Agra, placed the stone into his ornate Peacock Throne. Aurangazeb imprisoned his father at nearby Agara Fort. The diamond was positioned near a window so that Shah Jahan could see the Taj only by looking at its reflection in the stone. Later, aurangazeb brough the Kohinoor diamond to its capital Lahore and placed it in his own person Badshahi Mosque.
1739Kohinoor stayed until the invasion of Nader Shah of Khorasan in 1739 and the sacking of Agra and Delhi. Nader Shah took over the Peacock Throne along with Kohinoor diamond to Persia. It was Nader Shah who alleged the name Koh- i- noor to this precious and famous stone. There is no reference to this name before 1739.
1747Nader Shah was assassinated in 1747 and the stone came into the hands of his general, Ahmad Shah Durrani of Afghanistan.
1830Shuja Shah Durrani, ruler of Durrani Empire and the deposed ruler of Afghanistan, managed to flee with the diamond to Lahore. He was forced to surrender the diamond to Ranjit singh who in return won back Afghan throne.
1839Ranjith Singh was crowned the ruler of Punjab region and willed the Kohinoor to the Jagannath Temple in Orissa from his death bed. But his will was not executed by the British administrators.
1849British raised their flag on the citadel of Lahore. As a result, Punjab was formally procalimed to be part of the British Empire in India. According to the terms of the Treaty of Lahore, the legal agreement states as follows:
The gem called the Koh-i-Noor which was taken from Shah Shuja-ul-Mulk by Maharajah Ranjit Singh shall be surrendered by the Maharajah of Lahore to the Queen of England

As a result of this treaty, the diamond was owned by the British rule from 1849. Later, Lord Dalhousie, the Governor-General was responsible for the British acquiring the Koh-i- Noor. He showed great interst for the rest of his life. His was appointed to India to grab all the Indian assets. He was also criticized by his contemporaries in Britain.
1850Dalhousie, whose main interst is to acquire Indian assets planned that the diamond should be presented by Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s young successor, Duleep Singh to Queen Victoria. Duleep Singh who was aged 13 travelled to the United Kingdom to present the jewel. He had been placed in the guardianship of Dr. Login. Login was a surgeon in the British Army who served in West Bengal, East India and also a native from Scotland. Dr. Login, his wife Lena and the young Duleep Singh travelled to England to present the Kohinoor diamond to Queen Victoria

How come nothing happened to the queen or the BE ? That diamond has been very selective in its persecution..

Tinkerbell
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Manasvi on 2013-12-25, 01:39

Neha loved reading your post . Hilarious. So true .. A meena bazaar episode popped up out of nowhere. Seriously Shehenshah has no other work or what? God save the sultanate. His Jodha begum ko Jalana techniques could have been handled more elegantly .. He is a Shehenshah after all. Don't make a puppy out of him.

Manasvi
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 01:54

What is the exact location of the kohinoor diamond now ?? Is it in the british crown or on the peacock throne ?? Is it in the royal treasury of the British ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 01:57

Sandhya .. Thanks a lot for sharing all the details here with us ... This is very very interesting to read now that I don't have a history exam hanging over my head ... Am enjoying your knowledgeable posts my friend ...

What is the exact location of the kohinoor diamond now ?? Is it in the british crown or on the peacock throne ?? Is it in the royal treasury of the British ??

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-25, 10:08

A big history for the kohinoor diamond! Wow!!!!!

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-25, 11:15

--sumana13-- wrote:Sandhya .. Thanks a lot for sharing all the details here with us ... This is very very interesting to read now that I don't have a history exam hanging over my head ... Am enjoying your knowledgeable posts my friend ...

What is the exact location of the kohinoor diamond now ?? Is it in the british crown or on the peacock throne ?? Is it in the royal treasury of the British  ??

Manu, the Kohinoor diamond is indeed a mystery. It is currently in the crown of queen Elizabeth of London. There is an ancient story of the curse of kohinoor. Whoever possesses the diamond will conquer the world but will unfortunately lead to misfortunes! Akbar never took the diamond out of his treasury, it was ShahJahan who set the diamond in his throne and it is said in the same year his sons started rebellion against him and each other with ShahJahan ultimately ended up in imprisonment set up by his son AurangZeb. It is believed only god or a lady can possess the diamond so the british who knew the story of the curse always gave the diamond to the mother of the heir!.
P.S : What an irony..british calls we Indians superstitious and look what they themselves are  :lol!:

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-25, 11:35

Rajat have to bear being a sullen kid-until jo falls

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by shreya26 on 2013-12-25, 11:53

Did anyone notice?? this "kohinoor diamond" was smaller than the diamond rukks gave to jo as a token of friendship!!

shreya26

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-25, 12:15

shreya26 wrote:Did anyone notice?? this "kohinoor diamond" was smaller than the diamond rukks gave to jo as a token of friendship!!

Not sure...but I think both diamonds were same! They just made it look somewhat more shiney like they did with Rajat's bappi laheri outfit on his bday..looking at their budget I am not surprised  :P .

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-25, 12:16

"How come nothing happened to the queen or the BE ? That diamond has been very selective in its persecution.."

Tinkerbell,
the curse of the diamond is supposed to spell doom only to a male possessor. Whichever king owned it and used it met with downfall. But in the UK only the Queen Mother wears it in her crown.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-25, 12:34

neha wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:Sandhya .. Thanks a lot for sharing all the details here with us ... This is very very interesting to read now that I don't have a history exam hanging over my head ... Am enjoying your knowledgeable posts my friend ...

What is the exact location of the kohinoor diamond now ?? Is it in the british crown or on the peacock throne ?? Is it in the royal treasury of the British  ??

Manu, the Kohinoor diamond is indeed a mystery. It is currently in the crown of queen Elizabeth of London. There is an ancient story of the curse of kohinoor. Whoever possesses the diamond will conquer the world but will unfortunately lead to misfortunes! Akbar never took the diamond out of his treasury, it was ShahJahan who set the diamond in his throne and it is said in the same year his sons started rebellion against him and each other with ShahJahan ultimately ended up in imprisonment set up by his son AurangZeb. It is believed only god or a lady can possess the diamond so the british who knew the story of the curse always gave the diamond to the mother of the heir!.
P.S : What an irony..british calls we Indians superstitious and look what they themselves are  :lol!:

For all the west esp. the British mockery at Indians as superstitious, they are unbeatable when it comes to their superstitions, myths, unfounded sentiments and supernatural beliefs. The huge success of the Harry Potter series itself is a proof to that. The fantastic storyline and characters apart we have glimpses of all their myths in the story - werewolfs in full moon, witch burning, unicorns and thestrals, Halloweens, their trust in predictions and prophecies, splitting of the soul, everything.

While our superstitions and traditions more often than not have a scientific reasoning behind them, their superstitions are weird. The fear of no:13, crossing fingers,fear of 666, throwing salt behind your back, horse-shoe and luck, black cat, four-leafers, etc are all quite queer.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-25, 14:22

Manasvi wrote:Neha loved reading your post . Hilarious. So true .. A meena bazaar episode popped up out of nowhere. Seriously Shehenshah has no other work or what? God save the sultanate.  His Jodha begum ko Jalana techniques could have been handled more elegantly .. He is a Shehenshah after all. Don't make a puppy out of him.

True...this whole Meena Bazar idea was crap ! and Jalal decided the winner even before competition was double crap  Evil or Very Mad . He indeed insulted his all other begums also...I was feeling bad for Ruqu and especially Salima. They both definitely did not like Jalal's behaviour, Salima who is always patient was kind of irritated and Ruqu did take it as an insult of her audhe ka paudha but kind of cooled down herself seeing Jodha affected more than her! Where is that Jalal who once told the story of a king who when plucked a flower from a garden led to the destruction of the whole garden by his army! Does he not know his single wrong action affects others also ? This brainless move of his is so unworthy of him.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 14:25

neha wrote:

Ok so they believed that age old superstition and gave it to the lady ... Now to whom will it go next ??... To Kate when she becomes Queen of England ??.. Or to the daughter of William and Kate if they have any ...
I wish India could get it back somehow ....

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 14:30

neha wrote:
shreya26 wrote:Did anyone notice?? this "kohinoor diamond" was smaller than the diamond rukks gave to jo as a token of friendship!!

Not sure...but I think both diamonds were same! They just made it look somewhat more shiney like they did with Rajat's bappi laheri outfit on his bday..looking at their budget I am not surprised  :P .

Not only shawls/dupattas Kohinoor diamonds but I can show you pics of many other things used as repeats not only in various places in agra but identical things at Amer and agra too !! Chalo choro ...am letting it go ... But there is definitely lots of cost cutting means being applied in the show ...much to the distaste of viewers

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-25, 14:30

--sumana13-- wrote:
neha wrote:

Ok so they believed that age old superstition and gave it to the lady ... Now to whom will it go next ??... To Kate when she becomes Queen of England ??.. Or to the daughter of William and Kate if they have any ...
I wish India could get it back somehow ....
 I guess they will pass it on to Kate Middleton when she becomes Queen but the diamond we will never get the diamond back that is for sure! Recently David Cameron declared it officially on his visit to India that the diamond now belongs to the british royal family.
P.S : China and Pakistan have our lands...government wo wapas nahi le saki to ye diamond kya cheez hai  :P

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2013-12-25, 14:36

sandhya wrote:"How come nothing happened to the queen or the BE ? That diamond has been very selective in its persecution.."

Tinkerbell,
the curse of the diamond is supposed to spell doom only to a male possessor. Whichever king owned it and used it met with downfall. But in the UK only the Queen Mother wears it in her crown.

Will it go to Kate and Williams daughter if they have one ??

Just one thought came to my mind .. Please correct me if I am wrong .... Jalal told Jo that this was Meena bazaar and he had come to buy things and not receive gifts .... But did he not accept the blue shawl from Rukkaiya ?? .. He said he would not buy it .. But ruks went ahead and put it around his neck and he accepted !! Why was he descriminating against jo he could have accepted Jo's gift too ...

Loved the look on ruk's jealousy and MA's fury when hameeda gifts jo the khaandaani haar of Badshah Humayun .... Salima was pleased .. Resham was surprised and benazir looked disappointed and jalal was positively furious with Jo .... While Jo looked challenginly at Jalal

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-25, 16:53

if jallu just kept quiet, & accept jo's gift, he can the chance of insulting jo without getting backfired zipped

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-25, 16:58

--sumana13-- wrote:
sandhya wrote:"How come nothing happened to the queen or the BE ? That diamond has been very selective in its persecution.."

Tinkerbell,

Will it go to Kate and Williams daughter if they have one ??

Just one thought came to my mind .. Please correct me if I am wrong .... Jalal told Jo that this was Meena bazaar and he had come to buy things and not receive gifts .... But did he not accept the blue shawl from Rukkaiya ?? .. He said he would not buy it .. But ruks went ahead and put it around his neck and he accepted !! Why was he descriminating against jo he could have accepted Jo's gift too ...

Loved the look on ruk's jealousy and MA's fury when hameeda gifts jo the khaandaani haar of Badshah Humayun ....  Salima was pleased .. Resham was surprised and benazir looked disappointed and jalal was positively furious with Jo .... While Jo looked challenginly at Jalal

Irrational Male !!!! wants to tadpofy Jodha in everywhich way and who is there to challenge the King except his Ammi ofc..

Me too loved the incinerating looks exchanged between Jo n Ja .. both like kids standing in front of a matron, defiant n Katti with each other  :P  :P

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2013-12-25, 17:00

yagavarthini wrote:if jallu just kept quiet, & accept jo's gift, he can the chance of insulting jo without getting backfired zipped
The more, the merrier :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:25

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum