Latest topics

Long way to go Jodha

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long way to go Jodha

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-28, 14:54

There is a world of difference in the depth of feelings Jalal and Jodha have for each other, or are capable of having,  given the difference in  their attitudes and dispositions.

Jalal’s love for Jodha is unalloyed. He was attracted to her and wanted her, more than physically, from even before he met her.  I don’t think that his strong love is just because of the scruples for forcing the marriage on her for he has more than made up for the compulsion.  Every word he uttered on the rejection night was from the heart and clearly indicates his pure and unreserved admiration and affection for her. His love is very deep and self-satisfying – doesn’t need confirmation, doesn’t need flowery words of assurances, proofs or even reciprocation.

It has withstood direct insults, grinas and tests. So rejection was just one more punch (or so we believe) that will also be overcome. Like pure gold, Jalal’s love and want for Jodha has an inherent  glow, and can’t be corroded by the acids of doubt or suspicion sown by MA, Shariffu or anyone else. Even his own anger and frustration doesn’t affect much. He can only tease her and irritate her but can never truly hurt her. He accepts her with all her faults and even her nafrat is qubool hai to him.

But Jodha is very shallow and short-sighted. She is impressed by noble appeals, beautiful words and gallant gestures. She only sees on the surface, never cares to look deep. She thinks that she is perfect and expects nothing short of perfect perfection from Jalal too. Even one reverse incident  sways her thoughts and feelings immensely.  She hardly cares to think from his pov. Even in Amer she was clueless about his predicament after the Hawaii incident. Even now she is not shown to ponder about HIS hurt feelings after the rejection night (The way he did after her suicide attempt- ek hi kashthi pe sawaar). She also insensitively gave him the paalna gift after rejecting him, pricking him where it would hurt most.  Even after he tells her explicitly to view from others nazariya, she is shown only to fret over his preference for Ben which only indicates her disappointment  at being sidelined, more than her love for him.

When Jalal inspite of being the Emperor apologises whenever he recognises his mistakes, be it after the Ruqaiya miscarriage, or near the balances for forcing the marriage on her, Jodha has never apologised, not for the narnaal disaster, nor for pushing him down. Neither has she thanked him heartfully either for the Ratanpur fort or standing by her in religion issue. The only time she said sorry and thanks was after the blue vomit track.

The only betterment is that she has improved from her own earlier standards and is no more rude, impertinent and grina-ing. So even if she does recognize her feelings and his  (which any reasonably sensible girl like Sukanya would have much much earlier)and accept him, her love would fall short as it has come around after a lot of understanding, patience, kindness and solid support from him and a lot of cajoling from Salima and Moti.  But even then it remains to be seen if she can strip herself of her Rajvanshi pride and  fixed-perfection standards and accept him WITH his shortcomings.

She has a long, long, very long way to go to come anywhere near, let alone match his selfless deep love and make the love story epic.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Long way to go Jodha

Post by clarissasham on 2013-12-28, 20:36

Well said Darling ....I agree too. Evenafter facing insult, his love for her is still strong. I look forward for the moment of realisation. Wow that would be great unless and until mayya look for another grina or spashtikaran track...

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2013-12-29, 02:44

Loved it Sandhya! It is Jala's selfless love which is balancing their relationship. I wish husbands like him do exist in reality  :P (I know it is too much to ask for  Wink )

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 09:54

neha wrote:Loved it Sandhya! It is Jala's selfless love which is balancing their relationship. I wish husbands like him do exist in reality  :P (I know it is too much to ask for  Wink )
Tooooooooooo much you know.
Almost like digging your backyard in search of another kohi noor. 

But unfortunately our blinkered jodha neither realizes nor cares to. I do hope that this ultra sweet hakim mirza who impressed and touched jodha turns out to be a devil inside and jo realizes that one doesn't have to be cloyingly sweet to be good and that her jallad for all his outer rudeness to her is the best person she could have ever hoped and prayed for a husband.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 10:17

clarissasham wrote:Well said Darling ....I agree too. Evenafter facing insult, his love for her is still strong. I look forward for the moment of realisation. Wow that would be great unless and until mayya look for another grina or spashtikaran track...
Thanx clarisassham,
Even When jodha does realize her love I would still feel that it doesn't match his. It has needed so much support to grow and she has to get out of her Rajvanshi ego completely.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-29, 11:02

sandhya

Well said
no words......

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 11:36

yagavarthini wrote:sandhya

Well said
no words......
Thank you yaga

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by clarissasham on 2013-12-29, 12:51

Sandhya call me shami .....an old member in D but was not much active recently. Now we will be in touch

clarissasham
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 14:15

Of course shami

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by amimus on 2013-12-29, 16:26

Well said Sandhya. Jalal's selfless love so rare now a days. I am surprised of Jodha being so blind and always in her Rajvanshi pride that she can not see his love.

amimus
Video Updater
Video Updater

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-29, 17:03

Sandhya,
A very insightful post about Jalal's love for Jodha. The way he always apologises when he has commited a mistake. Jodha is really very immature. She is craving for his attention like a spoilt princess. I do hope the next track is the growing up of Jodha.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-29, 17:12

anurao66

Need jo to grow up in love issues! !!!!!!!!
yah, well needed in whole universe of JA
She has a heart, but can't realise what is it!
He who doesn't own a heart, felt & knew it!
( thats weird & funny )

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2013-12-29, 17:30

Yaga,
She has to learn to not have such a great ego and also learn about matters of love and the heart. By the way pleaase call me Anu.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2013-12-29, 18:19

Hi Anu,

Nice to meet you,
I totally agree with your point

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 18:46

amimus wrote:Well said Sandhya. Jalal's selfless love so rare now a days. I am surprised of Jodha being so blind and always in her Rajvanshi pride that she can not see his love.

True, Jodha, she is one character that I've felt like pounding many a times . Ever since the previous Meena Bazaar, she is exasperating. First for her blind prejudice that she couldn't overcome  as she was so blinkered, then for her insufferable speeches and now for her total lack of sense and sensitivity. Is she such an innocent Barbara Cartland heroine that she is 'unaware' of her  love for her husband  or does she want to complete her thesis on prem before she finalises her action plan? Her rejection makes no sense. Even if we attribute it to fact that she was not expecting it, she must have apologised the next day  or asked him politely why he crossed the line that night when he has always shown constraint ealier. The SKL accusation...cheee(Jodha style)... Nothing but Jalal's divine mohabbat should have held him back from sar-kalam-ing her.

But I do hope she realises her short-sightedness, and apologises soodh sameth and learns to love him the way he does.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2013-12-29, 18:51

anurao66 wrote:Sandhya,
A very insightful post about Jalal's love for Jodha. The way he always apologises when he has commited a mistake. Jodha is really very immature. She is craving for his attention like a spoilt princess. I do hope the next track is the growing up of Jodha.
Thanks Anu,

I am also expecting Jodha to grow up and add maturity and balance to the love story. Only then can it be epic. I also hope that the chubby cute well-mannered Hakim Mirza helps her realise herinability to judge people as I have expressed in my reply to Neha above. I  hope that the CVs reduce HM to another 'Jodha Mahaan' torch bearer as he was actually anti-Akbar according to history.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Reavathy on 2014-01-02, 01:22

Hi Sandhya,

Your post is very nice... I had time only now to read all these.

Certain things are to be cleared.

How can you all say that Jalal's love is an unconditional love... if it is true love, trust will come in the first place and from the beginning he is not trusting her for anything, whether it is the Ruk's pregnancy track or Moti bai incident with Adham or Fort agreement. He is not showing any trust with Jodha esp. comparing the trust he is showing with Ruk or MA and now with the contents of the letter ready by MA.

Also Jodha - I think that night she was also mezd. by the Romantic songs. That is why she did not question him for the late night visit to her room that too with nasha. When he revealed his love towards her, I think she liked it as it came first from the Male side (usual female attitude - to wait for the male to open his heart) but I do not think that as ego or pride. Jodha's feeling changed when Jalal said that..  she called him... Then denying drama started... Anyway when she has not written anything like that, why should she accept. How can we say this as pride?

It is not only Jodha but also for Jalal - it is long way to go........

Reavathy

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-01-02, 08:47

Reavathy wrote:Hi Sandhya

Hi Revathy, nice to share views with you. 

Your post is very nice... I had time only now to read all these.

Certain things are to be cleared.

How can you all say that Jalal's love is an unconditional love... if it is true love, trust will come in the first place and from the beginning he is not trusting her for anything, whether it is the Ruk's pregnancy track or Moti bai incident with Adham or Fort agreement. He is not showing any trust with Jodha esp. comparing the trust he is showing with Ruk or MA and now with the contents of the letter ready by MA.

Apart from being her husband,  Jalal is also an emperor who has to deliver justice based on the proof presented to him. He can't blindly believe jodha just because he loves her. In the ruqaiya mc track the proof against jodha was very strong. In fact he reacted more strongly as he had begun to  trust her. The night before the jashn he feels very happy thinking about her.  After he  learns that the amer kesar had caused the miscarriage he is aghast that his trust has gone awry. He says 'aap itni kaisi gir sakthi hain' meaning she fell from the trust he began to have in her.
But once the truth came out he made a public apology. Even politicians in today's democracy don't apologize for their mistakes. But in spite of being an unquestionable emperor he did. Compare this with jodha after the tiger attack. She never apologized for causing the disaster but was only basking in the thanks and wah wahs for saving him.
Again in the moti bhai case Ma had completely turned the proof against moti. 
As for his trusting Ruqaiya why shouldn't he? She has been his most loyal companion friend and wife since childhood who has never let him down. As for MA jalal still has not any solid reason to mistrust her.MA has always been loyal to the mughal sultanate and saved his life in childhood and been there for him always. She has been clever to mask her evil.
Durig the fake pregnancy track too it was jalal who trusted jodha not the other way round. Jodha never thought for a moment why jalal should wait for her to faint to get intimate with her.  He could have force claimed his rights anytime. 
Just because jalal loves Jodha it doesn't mean that he has to trust her word by word that too when she is relatively new in his life. That kind of trust will come with time in due course when jodha also reciprocates his love and trust. In the fort issue he gave up his dear fort only for the izzat she gave him ( though we know she only pretended and didn't care to personally respect him or his family). When he knows that she hates him how can he trust everything she says.

LOVE CAN BE LIBERALLY BESTOWED BY THE GIVER BUT TRUST HAS TO BE EARNED BY THE RECIEVER.

Also Jodha - I think that night she was also mezd. by the Romantic songs. That is why she did not question him for the late night visit to her room that too with nasha. When he revealed his love towards her, I think she liked it as it came first from the Male side (usual female attitude - to wait for the male to open his heart) but I do not think that as ego or pride. Jodha's feeling changed when Jalal said that ..  she called him...
No dear, she turns off even before the letter matter comes up right when he says 'aap humare aur hum aapke'. Of course she wasn't expecting him. But why did she lead him on earlier with her sudden soft looks and misleading touches?  
Also she is denying him rights as her husband while enjoying every benefit as his wife and queen. She does admit to moti that 'ise hamaara ahankaar hi samjho. But he cannot touch me till I permit'.
Had she married a Rajvanshi would she be able to flaunt her rights the way she is now. That chap would have put her in place on day 1.
Jalal has given her the kind of freedom and support that even today's modern thinking men don't. She is short sighted not to see or understand the value. 

Then denying drama started... Anyway when she has not written anything like that, why should she accept. How can we say this as pride?

It is not only Jodha but also for Jalal - it is long way to go........

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Reavathy on 2014-01-02, 16:34

Hi Sandhya,

I sent reply before but I do not understand why it is not appearing. Anyway...

Your reply is really fantastic! Very Matured and Mind boosting!!! Though I am not agreeing your points completely, I am happy that real life Jodha & Jalal were wiser than this serial JA.

Reavathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:41

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum