Latest topics

Jodha Akbar 164

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jodha Akbar 164

Post by sashashyam on 2014-02-01, 02:24

Folks,

Here is a  sketchy and totally irreverent take on this one, especially the  tear jerker of a precap.

Statutory warning: Emotionally fragile readers may kindly quit at this point, and not berate me for my lack of sensitivity!

What I liked:

The  Hamida-Jalal scene was touching, very predictable,  especially  from Hamida,  but still nice. I liked it that she did  not lobby for her Jodha beta, but left the Chosen One anonymous.

But I fail to understand how Jalal is supposed to make sure she loves him for himself alone and not because he is the Shahenshah, which is the bane of the love life of the super rich and powerful. It is not as though there is a litmus test for that. Jalal and the Shahenshah are entwined so closely that they cannot be taken apart.  How does one know what Jalal would be like if he were not the Shahenshah? Being that has shaped his  whole personality from the time he was 13.  It is just one of those wonderful sounding pronouncements that, on closer scrutiny, do not hold up at all.

So the Great Romance beckons, unless the roohs are also cheating us, like the Zee chaps.   They have been babbling of the amar prem being just around the corner from Episode 1, if I am not mistaken. And the poor Sheik Salim Chisti is  mocked as the TRPs baba!

Incidentally, why does Akbar's rooh call her Mariam-uz-Zamani, while Jalal calls her Jodha Begum in every single sentence?

I loved the Kaliya mardan  painting presentation  sequence. Vintage Jodha, and for once not directed at Jalal.

What I did not like:

I was not too impressed by the grilling of Abul Mali, all that 3rd degree notwithstanding. He hardly seems any the worse for wear after all that flogging. How come he is able to retain a khanjar? Look, Sharifuddin's man actually eavesdrops on Abul Mali's spy talking to him in the prison, disguised as a Mughal soldier. And Atgah & Co. could not plant someone there to do the same thing?

Atgah Khan's sole purpose in life seems to be  to say Aapke hukum ki tameel hogi, Shahenshah, and then go to sleep, for  it is only very rarely that he actually gets anything done. If Akbar's cabinet had been  full of Atgah Khans, there would soon have been no Mughal empire at all.

It would seen that it was as well that Adham Khan murdered him,  probably paving the way for someone more active to take over his portfolio. The added benefit of course being that Adham himself was immediately defenestrated on Jalal's orders. In short, double benefits!

As for the much advt precap, I found it so unexpectedly comic that  I laughed out loud. It was all so stagy: Jodha making a grand,  tragic farewell speech, picking on all the harsh things Jalal  had said to her the day before  - hamara chehra dekhna nahin chahte...  meri aankhen kadachit kabhi nahin khulengi.. aapse vida lete hain...  the works. Typical suffering, sacrificing nari style.

Then drinking  whatever it was with such deliberation, with such a martyred air. Jalal goggling at her from behind his sehra and looking like a prize idiot, and Benazir looking guilty enough for  3 murders.

Why the devil did Jalal not stop her at the first sip? They could have tested it for poison, and this time NOT on Zakira!  Not only he, but no one out of the umpteen bystanders moves an inch till Jodha has emptied the contents of the bowl down her throat, like the little boy in the Complan ad, before sinking gracefully to the floor. In the precap, Jalal had not moved to catch her as she fell, but presumably he does it.

And what was supposed to be the point of the whole zehereele sevaiyaan spiel, not only for Jodha (unless it is an exercise in deliberate martyrdom to prove the truth of her accusations) but also for Benazir? If Jalal had eaten it and been taken seriously ill or had died, Benazir would have been killed on the spot. What on earth was she thinking of, poisoning the bowl to be drunk in the middle of a veritable crowd?

It was nonsensical even by JA standards.

Now all that remains is for Jalal to flagellate himself  metaphorically (maybe even literally, who knows!) in abject repentance. Jodha will of course forgive him at once; this is not the old Jodha. Hosannas will be sung in praise of Jodha, and she will be duly canonised. Mahaam cannot tear her hair out with that cowl always in place,but the effect will be the same as if she had done so. Adham will drink himself senseless.

That is the worst case hypothesis, and once one is prepared for it,things can be only be better!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

sashashyam
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar 164

Post by Reavathy on 2014-02-01, 11:24

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

Here is a  sketchy and totally irreverent take on this one, especially the  tear jerker of a precap.

Statutory warning: Emotionally fragile readers may kindly quit at this point, and not berate me for my lack of sensitivity!

What I liked:

The  Hamida-Jalal scene was touching, very predictable,  especially  from Hamida,  but still nice. I liked it that she did  not lobby for her Jodha beta, but left the Chosen One anonymous. I think we are seeing a mellowed Jallu contrast to the Jallu in the beginning of the serial where he was so rude with his mother.

But I fail to understand how Jalal is supposed to make sure she loves him for himself alone and not because he is the Shahenshah, which is the bane of the love life of the super rich and powerful. It is not as though there is a litmus test for that. Jalal and the Shahenshah are entwined so closely that they cannot be taken apart.  How does one know what Jalal would be like if he were not the Shahenshah? Being that has shaped his  whole personality from the time he was 13.  It is just one of those wonderful sounding pronouncements that, on closer scrutiny, do not hold up at all. May be the sacrifice which we are going to see next week!!! 

So the Great Romance beckons, unless the roohs are also cheating us, like the Zee chaps.   They have been babbling of the amar prem being just around the corner from Episode 1, if I am not mistaken. And the poor Sheik Salim Chisti is  mocked as the TRPs baba! Either there should be Athma talk or Salim Chisti to give some clues for what is going to happen.

Incidentally, why does Akbar's rooh call her Mariam-uz-Zamani, while Jalal calls her Jodha Begum in every single sentence? When she delivered Salim, she was given name MUZ (Mary of the Age). All in Akbar nama or Jhagangir's biography, they mentioned  her as MUZ only.

I loved the Kaliya mardan  painting presentation  sequence. Vintage Jodha, and for once not directed at Jalal. Ya! true! it looks like it belongs to the 14th C painting and not the current!!!

What I did not like:

I was not too impressed by the grilling of Abul Mali, all that 3rd degree notwithstanding. He hardly seems any the worse for wear after all that flogging. How come he is able to retain a khanjar? Look, Sharifuddin's man actually eavesdrops on Abul Mali's spy talking to him in the prison, disguised as a Mughal soldier. And Atgah & Co. could not plant someone there to do the same thing?  After all that much hitting/beating he got, still his eyes were bright. There was no tiardness at all!!!

Atgah Khan's sole purpose in life seems to be  to say Aapke hukum ki tameel hogi, Shahenshah, and then go to sleep, for  it is only very rarely that he actually gets anything done. If Akbar's cabinet had been  full of Atgah Khans, there would soon have been no Mughal empire at all. Actually what else he is doing  Question 

It would seen that it was as well that Adham Khan murdered him,  probably paving the way for someone more active to take over his portfolio. The added benefit of course being that Adham himself was immediately defenestrated on Jalal's orders. In short, double benefits!

As for the much advt precap, I found it so unexpectedly comic that  I laughed out loud. It was all so stagy: Jodha making a grand,  tragic farewell speech, picking on all the harsh things Jalal  had said to her the day before  - hamara chehra dekhna nahin chahte...  meri aankhen kadachit kabhi nahin khulengi.. aapse vida lete hain...  the works. Typical suffering, sacrificing nari style.

Then drinking  whatever it was with such deliberation, with such a martyred air. Jalal goggling at her from behind his sehra and looking like a prize idiot, and Benazir looking guilty enough for  3 murders.

Why the devil did Jalal not stop her at the first sip? They could have tested it for poison, and this time NOT on Zakira!  Not only he, but no one out of the umpteen bystanders moves an inch till Jodha has emptied the contents of the bowl down her throat, like the little boy in the Complan ad, before sinking gracefully to the floor. In the precap, Jalal had not moved to catch her as she fell, but presumably he does it. May be he is shocked!!! Hope it is not Benazir's dream this time!!!

And what was supposed to be the point of the whole zehereele sevaiyaan spiel, not only for Jodha (unless it is an exercise in deliberate martyrdom to prove the truth of her accusations) but also for Benazir? If Jalal had eaten it and been taken seriously ill or had died, Benazir would have been killed on the spot. What on earth was she thinking of, poisoning the bowl to be drunk in the middle of a veritable crowd?  This proves that she is an idiot. Also, how she can think of marrying Abu Mali? Vishakanyas' are nurtured to kill Kings  & enemies and they cannot marry anybody!!! moreover evenif they can marry, always Jallu will be the better choice than Abu Mali!!!

Now all that remains is for Jalal to flagellate himself  metaphorically (maybe even literally, who knows!) in abject repentance. Jodha will of course forgive him at once; this is not the old Jodha. Hosannas will be sung in praise of Jodha, and she will be duly canonised. Mahaam cannot tear her hair out with that cowl always in place,but the effect will be the same as if she had done so. Adham will drink himself senseless.

That is the worst case hypothesis, and once one is prepared for it,things can be only be better!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Reavathy

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-01, 11:57

sashashyam wrote:Folks,

What I liked:

The  Hamida-Jalal scene was touching, very predictable,  especially  from Hamida,  but still nice. I liked it that she did  not lobby for her Jodha beta, but left the Chosen One anonymous.

Aunty, looks like the old Hamida is back! She did not favor any begum when that saint asked Jalal to visit Garib Nawaz with the begum on whom aftab ka noor falls. None of his begum is more important to her than Jalal's happiness hence she questioned Jodha's fidelity in the fake pregnancy track. I feel she favors Jodha more because she somewhere thinks Jalal can find solace in her company. Jodha is calm and pleasant unlike Ruqaiya. Salima is obviously Khan Baba ki Amanat for him so she does not even try to push her towards him. She is favoring Jodha just because she thinks Jodha can give the waaris to sultenate. I loved the Hamida-Jalal scene  :) 

But I fail to understand how Jalal is supposed to make sure she loves him for himself alone and not because he is the Shahenshah, which is the bane of the love life of the super rich and powerful. It is not as though there is a litmus test for that. Jalal and the Shahenshah are entwined so closely that they cannot be taken apart.  How does one know what Jalal would be like if he were not the Shahenshah? Being that has shaped his  whole personality from the time he was 13.  It is just one of those wonderful sounding pronouncements that, on closer scrutiny, do not hold up at all.

Right! when Jalal himself cannot separate the Shehenshah from him the how come his soulmate is supposed to love only Jalal and not the Shehenshah  Rolling Eyes . But I guess they are hell bent on proving Jodha loves her pati more than the Shehenshah, and hence 'hamare pati ki raksha' and 'patni ka dharma' dialogues.

So the Great Romance beckons, unless the roohs are also cheating us, like the Zee chaps.   They have been babbling of the amar prem being just around the corner from Episode 1, if I am not mistaken. And the poor Sheik Salim Chisti is  mocked as the TRPs baba!

Incidentally, why does Akbar's rooh call her Mariam-uz-Zamani, while Jalal calls her Jodha Begum in every single sentence?

Aunty, from episode 1 it was shown like this only,Akbar and MUZ's soul are telling us or remembering their story after 400 years in their Makbara. Remem the 400 saal beet gaye dialogue? He always called her MUZ in soul talk. Heera Kunwari was officially known as MUZ(though its a title) after Salim's birth. For example, Abraham Lincoln always called Mary Tod-Lincoln "momma" after birth of their children.

I loved the Kaliya mardan  painting presentation  sequence. Vintage Jodha, and for once not directed at Jalal.

Best gift so far! CVs always impresses us with these unique gifts ideas(except the awaam ka pyaar gift  :P )

What I did not like:

I was not too impressed by the grilling of Abul Mali, all that 3rd degree notwithstanding. He hardly seems any the worse for wear after all that flogging. How come he is able to retain a khanjar? Look, Sharifuddin's man actually eavesdrops on Abul Mali's spy talking to him in the prison, disguised as a Mughal soldier. And Atgah & Co. could not plant someone there to do the same thing?

Atgah Khan's sole purpose in life seems to be  to say Aapke hukum ki tameel hogi, Shahenshah, and then go to sleep, for  it is only very rarely that he actually gets anything done. If Akbar's cabinet had been  full of Atgah Khans, there would soon have been no Mughal empire at all.

:*lol*:  The entire Mughal fauz and Jalal's courtiers are useless in this show!

Why the devil did Jalal not stop her at the first sip? They could have tested it for poison, and this time NOT on Zakira!  Not only he, but no one out of the umpteen bystanders moves an inch till Jodha has emptied the contents of the bowl down her throat, like the little boy in the Complan ad, before sinking gracefully to the floor. In the precap, Jalal had not moved to catch her as she fell, but presumably he does it.

And what was supposed to be the point of the whole zehereele sevaiyaan spiel, not only for Jodha (unless it is an exercise in deliberate martyrdom to prove the truth of her accusations) but also for Benazir? If Jalal had eaten it and been taken seriously ill or had died, Benazir would have been killed on the spot. What on earth was she thinking of, poisoning the bowl to be drunk in the middle of a veritable crowd?

ROFL  Precap was a typical Ekta stuff! Her heroin is always eveready to sacrifice her life for her dumb hero.
I guess Adham has planted his men and the fauz he was talking about the other day to crush Baaz Bahadur now to kill Jalal's nobles and I feel he has guaranteed Benazir a safe escape and Maali's freedom hence she dares to offer the Vish Ka Pyala to Jalal before nikah.

I'm dying to see Ruqu and Maham's face  :lol!:  and Adham is in trouble again as when Jalal frees Sharif from prison he can threaten Adham for disclosing to Jalal that Adham knew Benazir was a VishKanya! More drama as all the villains will be back with a bang cheers 

Shyamala B.Cowsik

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-02, 10:21

Abul Mali seemed to pretend all the sufferring before Atgah khan .. But the moment he was gone he was up with out any sign of pain !! Are the moghul princes so used to this kind of torture ?? And rightly pointed out .. How come he possessed a khanjar inside the prison ??

Loved reading your post Shyamala

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-02-02, 11:28

Shyamala,

I really loved the post. I do agree with you about the whole poison drinking scene in front of such a big audience. How on earth did she think she will escape?

Hameeda and Jalal seem to be closer than at the beginning of the show. Doubting that Benazir was a vishkanya how did she agree for the wedding to go ahead? I could not understand that part.

I am wanting to see Ruqs and MA reaction for MA was the one who brought Ben to Agra as khaas Toofa.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-02, 18:20

The only scene worth mentioning was Hameeda talking abt his soul mate without refering to Jodha

It was highly stupid to see Ben stand like a a stupid...and how idiotic did Jalal sound  Evil or Very Mad 

Thank God we came to the end of one stupid track...not sure how much more bheja fry ekta is planning for us  Twisted Evil 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by suchee on 2014-02-03, 09:28

3 Begum-e-khaas were ruks,salima n jo. But ruks was Mallika-e-khaas.
Same way, jo ws mallika-e-hindustan and muz....

suchee
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-03, 11:00

suchee wrote:3 Begum-e-khaas were ruks,salima n jo. But ruks was Mallika-e-khaas.
Same way, jo ws mallika-e-hindustan and muz....

What was the Audha of Salima ?? She was just a khaas begum .... Bit she remained the most sensible and balanced and just one of the three ...

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:11

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum