Latest topics

The realisation

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The realisation

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 16:45

Jalal had been very confident so far that nothing was beyond his reach. He could as the shahenshah of Hindustan achieve anything on his own ability and accord, or even if a mistake has been made he could correct it with his strength.

Jodha had been the first that he couldn't conquer... not with fear as in the beginning nor with his charm and goodness as he tried later on. Just as Ruqaiya stated he had become a hunter obsessed with what he couldn't win over. Worried that it might be the dreaded mohabbat as referred to by Mirza Hakim he then began to avoid her but was surprised that he wasn't able to. Jitna bhulana chaaha utna woh yaad aayee. He was angry with himself at his failure to command himself and spat out at jo who was responsible for his turmoil.

After Jodha consumed the poison meant for him which was her last attempt to save him, he initially thought that she would be alright, could be saved with his shaahi haakimas. Had jodha recovered sooner jalal wouldn't have acknowledged and recovered a part of himself at all. But as hopes were dimming down his guilt and slowly the fear of her loss descended upon him like a lightning.

When he realised that he was on the verge of losing her and nothing was in his power to win this battle between life and death he turned to God. Though he had always been religious his confidence in himself had always been there. As he tells in the dargah in epi 31  I think when they show him and  jo pray parallelly he claims to write his destiny himself and is surprised when told that he will be guided by God and kismat.

When he sees jo tandoor-fied he realized his utter powerlessness and turned to the awaam for support. And finally he admitted to his heart and mohabbat as a last ditch attempt and called her back from his heart. Together the battle was won.  He realised that awaam , prayers and mohabbat were more powerful than his own confidence and abilities. What he saw as an abiding weekness and so refused to acknowledge so far (though there was nothing heartless in his behaviour so far)  turned out to be his ultimate strength to pull her back from the jaws of death.

Dumbledore says that music has more magic than anything taught at Hogwarts. Love too does. Dumbledore considered love as the power professed in the prophecy, the power that Harry posessed and Voldemort lacked that will help him defeat Voldemort.  Jalal realised that strength of love and was proud to acknowledge his dil in his speech to the awaam. What he saw as a weakness thus far  became his strength in one stroke.

I was quite skeptical and flustered with the soul talk on Wednesday.  But as aunty said it was a necessary one to make him realise the thaakath that lies in true mohabbat and that love is not a symbol of weakness. While I am still sceptical of Jodha's jeene ka maqsad factor proclaimed by that sullen hakima, it was necessary for Jalal to realise the true strength of his own mohabbat. Her responses in the soul talk was also his mind talking what HE thought would be her responses.  He doesn't know what she will think in reality but as of now is content of his newly found strength.  We are yet to see if Jodha can reciprocate in a similar way. But irrespective of it Jalal 's strength will be HIS OWN ability to love selflessly as he  has realised the strength and magic of love in its true sense.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Re: The realisation

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 17:37

Liked it every word!
 Thumbsup

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-07, 17:48

Wonderfully written , Sandhya 

May I add one more thing please.. The reactions , emotions of Jalal are that of a guilt ridden man , Not just his mohabbat but also  his soft reactions have guilt in them .. The love has not distilled into pure one as yet .. That will happen  , can happen only after the love becomes public and faces the reactions of other people in his life..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 17:50

Tanthya wrote:Wonderfully written , Sandhya 

May I add one more thing please.. The reactions , emotions of Jalal are that of a guilt ridden man , Not just his mohabbat but also  his soft reactions have guilt in them .. The love has not distilled into pure one as yet .. That will happen  , can happen only after the love becomes public and faces the reactions of other people in his life..
Me........ second-ing you Tanthya

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-07, 17:55

yagavarthini wrote:

Me........ second-ing you Tanthya
Thank You, sweetie  :)

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 17:59

Tanthya having any pics on the Marvari couple? 
 confused 
& you are welcome

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 18:14

yagavarthini wrote:Liked it every word!
 Thumbsup
Thanks Yaga.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 18:19

sandhya wrote:
yagavarthini wrote:Liked it every word!
 Thumbsup
Thanks Yaga.
 long hug

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-07, 18:21

yagavarthini wrote:Tanthya having any pics on the Marvari couple? 
 confused 
& you are welcome

No, they have not released the new look yet  Evil or Very Mad  :cry:  :cry:

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 18:25

Tanthya wrote:
yagavarthini wrote:Tanthya having any pics on the Marvari couple? 
 confused 
& you are welcome

No, they have not released the new look yet  Evil or Very Mad  :cry:  :cry:
That is really DISAPPOINTING ! No  No  No

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-07, 18:38

Brilliant Sandhya!... Thumbsup 
But Jalal never used his strength and his power to correct his mistakes, he is a man of wisdom and his wisdom makes him so humble that he does not even believe in taking credit of it. That's why I guess we all love him. No, he is not a hunter and neither Jodha is a hirani for him. Ruqaiya's this dialogue was just an insult of his love for Jodha. Ruqaiya clearly cannot feel his heart and his emotions, she always denied having its existence but never tried to help in finding it, and hence it did not, it does not and will not belong to her ever.
I love this Jalal more than ever! because like Jodha his magnanimous heart has accepted his praja's love also  cheers 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 19:10

Thank You Tants

It is his guilt and the fear of loss that force  him into acknowledging his love.

But the love has always been there ever since he saw her in the palanquin at ganghour. His love for jo outweighed everybody else's at tula dan on her birthday.

It is getting purer and lovelier day by day. And Yes Tants, it will be even better when it gets public.

But I don't think Jo is ever capable of feeling the same way to him. She has risked her life but that was something he did much earlier at the tiger attack. Jalal shall always remain the lover, a great one at that and Jodha the beloved.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 19:39

neha wrote:Brilliant Sandhya!... Thumbsup 
But Jalal never used his strength and his power to correct his mistakes, he is a man of wisdom and his wisdom makes him so humble that he does not even believe in taking credit of it. That's why I guess we all love him. No, he is not a hunter and neither Jodha is a hirani for him. Ruqaiya's this dialogue was just an insult of his love for Jodha. Ruqaiya clearly cannot feel his heart and his emotions, she always denied having its existence but never tried to help in finding it, and hence it did not, it does not and will not belong to her ever.
I love this Jalal more than ever! because like Jodha his magnanimous heart has accepted his praja's love  also  cheers 

Thanks Neha
I am already an Akbar fan. This Jalal is so adorable.

Earlier if you remember after the Ruqaiya MC, he thought that releasing the Ameri Quartet and giving them Mansabdari will erase the injustice he did to them. But our Ameri Mirchi was adamant that it will not. He did think that by the power of the Shahenshahath in him he can correct his mistakes.

Arresting them was a king's duty. But he went a step further with his zinda jala denge and further was harsh on Jo in the convo before the porokh war. Of course he did apologise in public inspite of being the shahenshah of Hindustan, that not many little kings or even today's ord men do. That itself is a great positive aspect about him. That he wishes to correct himself is also a sure plus about him. But nevertheless he does think correction is within his powers.  If not by force, by being good.

He is getting wiser day by day. His humility and goodness is reaching the skies.

On retrospect Ruqaiya's statement is an insult to his love. But if the Ben saga had not occurred, before and after the shove she was an enigma to him that he longed to attain. What he felt was nobler. But he neither recognised nor acknowledged it himself. So naturally, that was the impression ruqaiya got.

You can't blame Ruqaiya Neha. It was Jalal himself who drew the invisible line  between them and she was afraid to cross it. If you remember the episode after that Farida issue when he comments of his lack of dil and mohabbat and his liking Ruqaiya because she too feels the same way she turns away and cries unknown to him. What he is  offering Jodha on a platter he always held it beyond Ruqaiya's reach. She denies his existence as she thinks it will please him to echo his thoughts. Jalal has gone out of way to mend his relations with Jodha, but Ruqaiya he has always taken for granted and she has taken solace in her audha crap.

Except this poison drinking Jodha too has done nothing so far for him particularly, in the process of finding his heart either. Jalal was smitten by Jodha and has loved her,  though he didn't name it so, from even earlier than this, as he almost confessed on the night of the shove. He fell for her by himself and realised it himself, she didn't go out of the way to make him fall for her or make him realise love.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-07, 20:13

sandhya wrote:
neha wrote:Brilliant Sandhya!... Thumbsup 
I love this Jalal more than ever! because like Jodha his magnanimous heart has accepted his praja's love  also  cheers 

Thanks Neha
I am already an Akbar fan. This Jalal is so adorable.

Earlier if you remember after the Ruqaiya MC, he thought that releasing the Ameri Quartet and giving them Mansabdari will erase the injustice he did to them. But our Ameri Mirchi was adamant that it will not. He did think that by the power of the Shahenshahath in him he can correct his mistakes.

Arresting them was a king's duty. But he went a step further with his zinda jala denge and further was harsh on Jo in the convo before the porokh war. Of course he did apologise in public inspite of being the shahenshah of Hindustan, that not many little kings or even today's ord men do. That itself is a great positive aspect about him. That he wishes to correct himself is also a sure plus about him. But nevertheless he does think correction is within his powers.  If not by force, by being good.

He is getting wiser day by day. His humility and goodness is reaching the skies.

Umm...I don't think he offered BD and bros mansabdari because he felt guilty...he offered them because they showed their loyalties towards him in the battle of Panokh and fulfilled their duties towards sultanate which Amer is now part of and towards their Shehenshah by saving his life....He always apologises when he realises his mistake, it is his nature.

On retrospect Ruqaiya's statement is an insult to his love. But if the Ben saga had not occurred, before and after the shove she was an enigma to him that he longed to attain. What he felt was nobler. But he neither recognised nor acknowledged it himself. So naturally, that was the impression ruqaiya got.

You can't blame Ruqaiya Neha. It was Jalal himself who drew the invisible line  between them and she was afraid to cross it. If you remember the episode after that Farida issue when he comments of his lack of dil and mohabbat and his liking Ruqaiya because she too feels the same way she turns away and cries unknown to him. What he is  offering Jodha on a platter he always held it beyond Ruqaiya's reach. She denies his existence as she thinks it will please him to echo his thoughts. Jalal has gone out of way to mend his relations with Jodha, but Ruqaiya he has always taken for granted and she has taken solace in her audha crap.

Except this poison drinking Jodha too has done nothing so far for him particularly, in the process of finding his heart either. Jalal was smitten by Jodha and has loved her,  though he didn't name it so, from even earlier than this, as he almost confessed on the night of the shove. He fell for her by himself and realised it himself, she didn't go out of the way to make him fall for her or make him realise love.

I loved the old Ruqaiya but no she is wrong when it comes to accepting Jalal's open declaration of not having heart. She is not a pativrata adnyadharak naari who has to follow what her husband says no matter what! She knows what is right and what is wrong, hence Jalal asked her what he should do when BK rebelled against him, she stood firm on her opinion in front of Mariyam Makani..and that's why hoshiyar gets slapped when he says something which is not ethical. She is his childhood friend, she fights with, she argues with him, she insults him for his own good...if she really wanted she could have tried to unlock his heart and make him realise its presence by becoming his wife. But she is as responsible as Jalal and that's the truth, she failed in becoming his soulmate and that's why Hamida said that day Jalal has queens but he does not have a   companion.  

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-07, 20:20

I really felt bad when HB was consoling jallu, especially on jallu when the line says can't sleep peaceful on lap without worrying about the danger lurking around

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 20:44

How could she Neha,

Jalal is not one to accept the presence of his heart by argument. He would only have smirked and scowled at her if she insisted. Who knows, she might have tried earlier and failed repeatedly and given up. Only that will explain the silent hurt tears.

Even Jodha could not have made him accept it by herself. She did not attempt it till now. He was fighting his own feelings. If this Ben saga had not occurred, if such a drastic event  had not occurred, Jalal would never have accepted it to himself either. Ruqaiya did not have such a chance. Perhaps Jalal and Jodha were fated for each other. But if there was a situation in which Ruqaiya would have to choose between Jalal and death she would have opted death for sure and Jalal might have realised what he felt for her.

But we are talking of the Ruqaiya and her character presented thus far. The CVs will have no scruples butchering Akbar's chief Empress further to halofy the heroine and push her to awful depths, make her commit some grave error that will justify her being thrown out of Jalal's good books for ever if not life. They can't distort history to that extent of throwing her out of his life or killing her.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-07, 21:19

sandhya, very well expressed thoughts..
u have exactly caught jalal's mindset here.. he has realised his love for his begum himself ..

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-07, 21:25

Sandhya what an awesome read! A tribute to Jalal truly!

I am liking the present Jalal esp the way he addressed awaam.... surrendering his whole life for their betterment. The way he acknowledged their wishes which brough Jodha begum back to life....bowled over by his humbleness.

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 21:26

candy wrote:sandhya, very well expressed thoughts..
   u have exactly caught jalal's mindset here.. he has realised his love for his begum himself ..

Thanks candy

I love the character of Jalal in the show. I see the whole story from his pov only. I watch the show only for the Jalal/Rajat combo.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 21:28

zuzana wrote:Sandhya what an awesome read! A tribute to Jalal truly!

I am liking the present Jalal esp the way he addressed awaam.... surrendering his whole life for their betterment. The way he acknowledged their wishes which brough Jodha begum back to life....bowled over by his humbleness.

Thanks Zuzana
Jalal is becoming Akbar. What a character he is. How great must the real Akbar have been.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-07, 21:45

sandhya wrote:How could she Neha,

Jalal is not one to accept the presence of his heart by argument. He would only have smirked and scowled at her if she insisted. Who knows, she might have tried earlier and failed repeatedly and given up. Only that will explain the silent hurt tears.

Not Argument! but with wifely love and with the same dedication as she has for her audha could have helped her in solving this puzzle named Jalal. She must have defo tried but it was not shown to us  :P  but yes he took her for granted and she accepted it with no disagreement for her own reasons which she felt were good for her and good for both of them.

Even Jodha could not have made him accept it by herself. She did not attempt it till now. He was fighting his own feelings. If this Ben saga had not occurred, if such a drastic event  had not occurred, Jalal would never have accepted it to himself either. Ruqaiya did not have such a chance. Perhaps Jalal and Jodha were fated for each other. But if there was a situation in which Ruqaiya would have to choose between Jalal and death she would have opted death for sure and Jalal might have realised what he felt for her.

Looking @ this new Ruq's character I'm skeptical how she would have reacted in such situation  Rolling Eyes ...Smiley's Ruqaiya always tried to please him and cry in silent for his love but Lavina's Ruqaiya had never shown that wifely craving for her husband except the tears she shed after tiger track and divorce track....it is the effect of constant butchering of her character that I'm not able to connect to this Ruqaiya even when CVs try to redeem her....she did not have such a chance but love does not wait for a chance...she shouldn't have given up on Jalal's heart and diverted her attention to her audha..you have to find your own ways to reach the goal in hard times and that's how you achieve things...

But we are talking of the Ruqaiya and her character presented thus far. The CVs will have no scruples butchering Akbar's chief Empress further to halofy the heroine and push her to awful depths, make her commit some grave error that will justify her being thrown out of Jalal's good books for ever if not life. They can't distort history to that extent of throwing her out of his life or killing her.

Enough of Ruq now, we can talk about something else  :P  :P  she's not my fav now-a-days!  Twisted Evil  .....If what I've read about the coldness in Akbar-Ruq relationship after Ruq's unknown grievous mistake according to that particular author/historian is what they are going to show then I won't blame them...the real Empress is already butchered by various Indian/British authors hence CVs are hardly at fault in portraying her character this way...

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by candy on 2014-02-07, 21:45

hey sandhya.. I too watch for the same reason. in spite of sharing a small space to fully express himself he very well suits to the story..
though they show him as a void character ,they made the story to
justify their screen play which in turn is justified by his acting skill...

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-07, 23:24

Neha
Is there anything else you know about that mistake and the coldness in their relationship?

How is Ruqaiya portrayed in various books?

The net talks well of her though.

Is the mistake mentioned in just one book or many?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-08, 12:00

sandhya wrote:Neha
Is there anything else you know about that mistake and the coldness in their relationship?

Sandhya, the wiki page and its references talk about Ruqaiya's importance as an Empress...but again the page has info from Indu Sunderesan's fictional work hence I don't think net is helpful...you will not get any info regarding Akbar-Ruq's private life on net....I gathered numerous books from British Library but had to return them as I could not get time to read all of them...till date I've read about this Ruq's unknown mistake in only one novel...it says Akbar got very much angry but could not punish her as she was a Shehzadi and an Empress too! but he did not visit her palace as a husband after that incident....He did forgive her in later years and she too was on good terms with him and Salim hence he trusted her with Khurram when she herself asked for the infant child(some says a soothsayer predicted her Khurram's future but I don't know if that was true  Rolling Eyes )...On her request he agreed not including this in any of Abul Fazl's work..Now I suppose if this was at all true then it is possibly related to court matters and politics as Abul Fazl was not allowed to include Akbar's or any of his family members private matters in AkbarNama...

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-08, 12:53

neha wrote:
sandhya wrote:Neha

Sandhya, the wiki page and its references talk about Ruqaiya's importance as an Empress...but again the page has info from Indu Sunderesan's fictional work hence I don't think net is helpful...you will not get any info regarding Akbar-Ruq's private life on net....I gathered numerous books from British Library but had to return them as I could not get time to read all of them...till date I've read about this Ruq's unknown mistake in only one novel...it says Akbar got very much angry but could not punish her as she was a Shehzadi and an Empress too! but he did not visit her palace as a husband after that incident....He did forgive her in later years and she too was on good terms with him and Salim hence he trusted her with Khurram when she herself asked for the infant child(some says a soothsayer predicted her Khurram's future but I don't know if that was true  Rolling Eyes )...On her request he agreed not including this in any of Abul Fazl's work..Now I suppose if this was at all true then it is possibly related to court matters and politics as Abul Fazl was not allowed to include Akbar's or any of his family members private matters in AkbarNama...
Thanks for the info Neha..........
But making a mistake in court matters and politics shouldn't deter him from entering her palace as a husband..........right. Somehow the very concept of sidelining Ruqaiya makes me feel uncomfortable. Not for her sake but it doesn't speak well of Jalal's character. To throw away a childhood friend, who has only you for the world, just because you have found another loveable partner you like better............ No . If Jodha never came into Jalal's life, would he ever sideline Ruqaiya.

If there was even a slight inference to butcher Ruqaiya, the CVs wouldn't hesitate to milk it to the maximum here. Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad 

But it was just one novel anyway. What do the various books talk of Akbar-MUZ relation? As glorious as portrayed here?

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 19:17

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum