Latest topics

Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-09, 00:50

Reavathy wrote:Manu,Candy ... Ruq. was childless. She was preg. 2 times but miscarriage happened... they say it was because of enemies, actually we do not know the actual reason.
Salima gave birth to Murad after 9 years of their marriage.
Ref. to my readings, JO gave birth to Salim only. One more son for Akbar named Daniel - we do not know who is the mother, but some books says that he was brought-up by JO's family. Apart from these 3 sons Akbar had 6 daughters, but I could not find out the name of the mothers.


Oh Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting bit of news from the pages if history ... This is sweet of you Reavathy ....

I am thinking of making a thread where all the historical facts about Akbar will be posted ...For the ones who wish to know the actual facts rather than Ekta's fictitious version .. What do you say My friend !!

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 01:14

Hey gals ...looks like m late here..was busy wid sm wrk...he had 3 sons and 3 daughters who survived ..most of his children died in infancy or childhood...and among these only salim was from his consort MUZ ...murad and daniyal were from concubines....will share the name and details tomorrow (m bit tired  :P )

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-09, 06:02

neha wrote:Hey gals ...looks like  m late here..was busy wid sm wrk...he had 3 sons and 3 daughters who survived ..most of his children died in infancy or childhood...and among these only salim was from his consort MUZ ...murad and daniyal were from concubines....will share the name and details tomorrow (m bit tired  :P )

Please relax and take your time ... We shall wait for you my dear . :heart: :heart: 

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 09:46

--sumana13-- wrote:
Reavathy wrote:Manu,Candy ... Ruq. was childless. She was preg. 2 times but miscarriage happened... they say it was because of enemies, actually we do not know the actual reason.
Salima gave birth to Murad after 9 years of their marriage.
Ref. to my readings, JO gave birth to Salim only. One more son for Akbar named Daniel - we do not know who is the mother, but some books says that he was brought-up by JO's family. Apart from these 3 sons Akbar had 6 daughters, but I could not find out the name of the mothers.


Oh Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting bit of news from the pages if history ... This is sweet of you Reavathy ....

I am thinking of making a thread where all the historical facts about Akbar will be posted ...For the ones who wish to know the actual facts rather than Ekta's fictitious version .. What do you say My friend !!

Manu, its a good idea...please create a separate thread so that all these details we discuss in WU threads and other posts will not be lost and we can read and discuss them whenever we want to  :) 
 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-09, 10:29

neha wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:
Reavathy wrote:Manu,Candy ... Ruq. was childless. She was preg. 2 times but miscarriage happened... they say it was because of enemies, actually we do not know the actual reason.
Salima gave birth to Murad after 9 years of their marriage.
Ref. to my readings, JO gave birth to Salim only. One more son for Akbar named Daniel - we do not know who is the mother, but some books says that he was brought-up by JO's family. Apart from these 3 sons Akbar had 6 daughters, but I could not find out the name of the mothers.


Oh Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting bit of news from the pages if history ... This is sweet of you Reavathy ....

I am thinking of making a thread where all the historical facts about Akbar will be posted ...For the ones who wish to know the actual facts rather than Ekta's fictitious version .. What do you say My friend !!

Manu, its a good idea...please create a separate thread so that all these details we discuss in WU threads and other posts will not be lost and we can read and discuss them whenever we want to  :) 
 
What title should. I give that ?? ..historical fact about. Jodha Akbar ??
Or please suggest a title Neha !!

--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by Reavathy on 2014-02-09, 11:04

neha wrote:Hey gals ...looks like  m late here..was busy wid sm wrk...he had 3 sons and 3 daughters who survived ..most of his children died in infancy or childhood...and among these only salim was from his consort MUZ ...murad and daniyal were from concubines....will share the name and details tomorrow (m bit tired  :P )
Neha, Relax... Work is worship  :)  :)  :) 

Ref. to Wiki - Murad is the son of Salima & Akbar. 

After nine years of marriage with Akbar, Salima gave birth to a son, Prince Murad in 1570.
Though Daniyal was from concubines, he was brought-up by Jodha's Amer family.

Reavathy
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by Reavathy on 2014-02-09, 11:07

--sumana13-- wrote:
neha wrote:Hey gals ...looks like  m late here..was busy wid sm wrk...he had 3 sons and 3 daughters who survived ..most of his children died in infancy or childhood...and among these only salim was from his consort MUZ ...murad and daniyal were from concubines....will share the name and details tomorrow (m bit tired  :P )

Please relax and take your time ... We shall wait for you my dear . :heart: :heart: 

Manu!!! it is really a good idea  cheers .  After this serial finishes also we can go through all the facts later. Thumbsup

Reavathy
Newbie
Newbie

Posts : 63
Join date : 2014-01-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 11:36

--sumana13-- wrote:
neha wrote:
--sumana13-- wrote:
Reavathy wrote:Manu,Candy ... Ruq. was childless. She was preg. 2 times but miscarriage happened... they say it was because of enemies, actually we do not know the actual reason.
Salima gave birth to Murad after 9 years of their marriage.
Ref. to my readings, JO gave birth to Salim only. One more son for Akbar named Daniel - we do not know who is the mother, but some books says that he was brought-up by JO's family. Apart from these 3 sons Akbar had 6 daughters, but I could not find out the name of the mothers.


Oh Thanks a lot for sharing this interesting bit of news from the pages if history ... This is sweet of you Reavathy ....

I am thinking of making a thread where all the historical facts about Akbar will be posted ...For the ones who wish to know the actual facts rather than Ekta's fictitious version .. What do you say My friend !!

Manu, its a good idea...please create a separate thread so that all these details we discuss in WU threads and other posts will not be lost and we can read and discuss them whenever we want to  :) 
 
What title should. I give that ??  ..historical fact about. Jodha Akbar ??  
Or please suggest a title Neha !!
Yes it sounds good! Historical facts and details about Jodha Akbar, or any title would be fine which you think is best :) :) 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 12:55

reavathy- thanks for those info. Wink


candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by --sumana13-- on 2014-02-09, 13:05

Happy Chocolate Day to all Akdha Fans ...


--sumana13--
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 27532
Join date : 2013-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 13:11

manu , a separate thread is very good idea. many of our friends, sandhya,neha, arpita, suchee, and many other dhwanians share many valuable info yaar.
I want u to make it as sticky yaar.
with link to threads having different info of akbar's history.
my suggestions for title are
treasure of historical facts..
JA- collection of unknown facts/info behind known history.


candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 13:14

thanks manu. happy chocolate day to all dhwanians !!

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-09, 13:57

HAPPY CHOCOLATE DAY TO ALL DHWANI MEMBERS

this is from me........................... Party1

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 449
Join date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 16:08

Ok, I'm sharing some info of Akbar's children (I'll move it later to the thread Manu is going to create).
1. Fatima Sultan Begum (1561-1562): She was daughter of Ruqaiya Sultan. It is not clear that this child was stillborn or died in infancy. I got two accounts, one states Ruqaiya had a miscarriage when she was heavily pregnant in her 6-7th month of pregnancy and other stated Ruqaiya lost her child when it was of 7-8 months.  

2. A daughter born to MUZ, it is still unclear whether the child died in infancy or was stillborn.

3. Hasan and Husain (1564): some docs says the twins were born to MUZ and some says they were from a concubine Bibi Aram Baksh. Born in month of october these children could not survive. Husain died 10 days later and Hasan died 15 days later of their birth. (I was told these twins were born to MUZ when I visited Fatehpur Sikri)

4. Salim Aka Jehangir (1569) : born to MUZ @ Fathepur Sikri

5. Shahzadi Khanum Sultan(1569) : born to a concubine named Bibi Salima(died @ Lahore in 1599)(not to be confused with Salima Sultan) after around 2-3 months of Salim's birth. She was brought up by Mariam Makani (Hamida Banu).

6. Shah Murad aka Pahadi(1570) : born to a concubine named Bibi Khaira @ Fatehpur Sikri and was given to Salima Sultan.

7. Shahzadi Meethi Begum (1571) : born to a concubine and died in infancy @ Fatehpur Sikri.

8. Shahzadi Mahi Begum (1571): born to daughter of Maharaja of Jaisalmer, died @ Fatehpur Sikri.

9. Shah Daniyal (1572) : born to a concubine named Bibi Mariam (She was most probably from Armenia, died @ Lahore 1596) @ the house of Sheikh Danial (a successor of Garib Nawaz Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti) Ajmer. He was sent to Amber/Amer in the care of wife of Raja Bharmal/BihariMal but for a very short period of time. Later he was brought up by MUZ.

11. Shahzadi Shakrunnisa Begum (1572-1573) : born to a lower rank begum(or concubine) Bibi Daulat Shad. She was the most beloved sister of Jahangir. He mentioned his love for her as a child has for its mother. She and Khanum Sultan got married on the same day in 1593 @ Lahore where Akbar shifted his court.

10. Khusru Mirza(not to be confused with Jahangir's son, birth year unknown) : born to Raj Kanwari-princess of Bikaner, most probably died in infancy.

11. Shahzadi Aram Banu(1584) : born to Bibi Daulat Shaad and was the most beloved child of Akbar along with Daniyal and Salim. She remained unmarried.

Note : All 3 daughters Khanum, Shakrunnisa and Aram are buried near Akbar's tomb in Sikandara, Agra.


neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 16:19

neha... thank u , thank u so much.,..
I was very eager to know about akbar's other children. this piece of info is really interesting. thanks for sharing.
so, looks like many of his children were born at fatehpur sikri, rather in Agra.

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 16:26

candy wrote:neha... thank u , thank u so much.,..
  I was very eager to know about akbar's other children. this piece of info is really interesting. thanks for sharing.  
  so, looks like many of his children were born at fatehpur sikri, rather in Agra.  

Welcome dear  :)  Yes most of them were born @ FS and Agra Fort, he kept shifting his court from Agra,FS,Lahore and I guess in Kashmir for some time.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 16:43

neha.. shifting his court !!! Tats interesting.. did he have any other wives from royal families, other than 3 special begums.. or else was his harem full of low rank begums.??

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 16:56

candy wrote: neha.. shifting his court !!!  Tats interesting..   did he have any other wives from royal families, other than 3 special begums.. or else was his harem full of low rank begums.??
   

No candy, he had several wives but Abul Fazl mentioned His Highness officially married for only 7 times, that means other wives were most probably sent to his harem as a symbol of friendship/alliance. He had around 25-26 wives (12-15 Rajput Princesses + rest were daughters/relatives of high ranked Muslim Rulers/Subhedars/Zamindars), all these marriages were political alliances. Plus his harem was full of concubines, some were gifted/represented to him by other rulers/jesuits and some came into the harem along with his wives. But other than these 3 chief begums none of them were given power and right to issue farmans, but their children were brought up as Royal children(It is infact a Turko-Mongol custom).

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-09, 17:12

Neha thanks for the info hug1

Do pass on info on Jodha's religion after Salim's birth.

Was a Vishkanya sent to kill Akbar or is it EK's out and out Khayali Pulao?

Did Ruq too have right o issue royal farman?

When did MA actually die. Some say that she lived even after 40 days after AK's death and commissioned the construction of Bhool Bhulaiya!

Sorry for making you a history teacher Neha.

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 787
Join date : 2013-11-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 17:54

Neha., thanks yaar. actually the doubt about his other wives was in my mind for a long time. got the answer today..
frankly speaking, I don't know much about akbar's life. oly those we gained in our history books is with me .
so,these info are really interesting, and am glued to this thread.,
thanks my friend... long hug
happy chocolate day neha !!

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 18:00

sandhya wrote:Neha thanks for the info hug1

Do pass on info on Jodha's religion after Salim's birth.

:cry:  I've still not got anything on this, but I'm trying

Was a Vishkanya sent to kill Akbar or is it EK's out and out Khayali Pulao?

I doubt this type of blue/green vomit wali yucky Vishkanya existed post Mauryan Dynasty  :P , but thing I can tell you for sure, several attempts were made to assassinate Akbar and he deliberately not ordered to hunt down the culprit as he knew his dear ones including MA were behind this. But I'll try to find something

Did Ruq too have right o issue royal farman?

Of course she had! She was the longest serving Mughal Empress + Babur-e-Azam's grandDaughter.  :) 

When did MA actually die. Some say that she lived even after 40 days after AK's death and commissioned the construction of Bhool Bhulaiya!

This is actually a controversial topic. The various novels+accounts I read give different date of her demise but Abul Fazl mentioned she died after 40 days. So even I'm confused  confused  as I've read somewhere her loyal tried to assassinate Akbar in 1564 (his name was something like Fahad or Faulad) after her death that means she could be alive till 1564 but I really can't say anything on this.

Sorry for making you a history teacher Neha.

No worries... :)  I wish I've chosen this field as a career  :cry:  :cry:  I could have given you more specific and accurate details

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by neha on 2014-02-09, 18:02

candy wrote: Neha., thanks yaar. actually the doubt about his other wives was in my mind for a long time. got the answer today..
  frankly speaking, I don't know much about akbar's life. oly those we gained in our history books is with me .
  so,these info are really interesting, and am glued to this thread.,
  thanks my friend...   long hug
 happy chocolate day neha !!  
   

Happy chocolate day to you too dear!!!! ...Me too here for the same  :) :) 
Where is Manu ? hope she creates the thread/sticky soon otherwise I'll keep spoiling WU threads and other posts  :P :P 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2013-10-02
Age : 26
Location : Pune

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by yagavarthini on 2014-02-09, 18:16

Thanks neha for the info

yagavarthini
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Posts : 449
Join date : 2013-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by candy on 2014-02-09, 18:50

Neha,, you are not spoiling wu thread yaar....
me too searching manu. mean while I will suggest a idea, yaar.
Wat abt makin a post on each topic u wish to share. and give those posts links in the sticky thread.
so tat, if we want to know abt his wives, we can get tat post link,
else abt his children , then through another link.
we can add links when ever there is a separate topic is discussed ..
I wish manu also to read this and give her views.. neha, what do u think about this idea

candy
Dazzling Diamond

Posts : 9811
Join date : 2014-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by cutie pai :-) on 2014-02-09, 19:09

Girls i think her net is down or she is busy

cutie pai :-)
Master Writer
Master Writer

Posts : 4401
Join date : 2013-11-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Jodha Akbar Written Update 7th Feb

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:38


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum