Latest topics

Mapillai saar (dulhe raja), STOOOPPPPPPP!!!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mapillai saar (dulhe raja), STOOOPPPPPPP!!!

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 14:17

The Kasi yatra, a ritual in which the groom threatens to run away to Kasi while the bride's parents request him to stay back and marry their daughter, was stretched to the limit yesterday. In real weddings, the groom hardly takes off like that.. he walks a short distance and then the brides family stops him etc. It was fun watching it though, with Raman stating that its better to run than stay and get married to Ishita  :*lol*: and then running away .. he was way ahead when he finally stopped running... shayad beti ki yaad aageyi  ROFL 

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapillai saar (dulhe raja), STOOOPPPPPPP!!!

Post by Abavi on 2014-02-13, 14:22

slmu wrote:The Kasi yatra, a ritual in which the groom threatens to run away to Kasi while the bride's parents request him to stay back and marry their daughter, was stretched to the limit yesterday. In real weddings, the groom hardly takes off like that.. he walks a short distance and then the brides family stops him etc. It was fun watching it though, with Raman stating that its better to run than stay and get married to Ishita  :*lol*: and then running away .. he was way ahead when he finally stopped running... shayad beti ki yaad aageyi  ROFL 

Yeah, it was too much yesterday...

In reality, the dialogue exchanges are real fun, During one of my cousin's wedding, the groom told the Bride's brother that he is taking bramachariya and the bride's brother said fine.. the groom was like what no, I am not going anywhere, give your sister's hand in marraige... it was total ulta.. we had a good laugh...

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-02-13, 14:22

It is an unusual ritual...It is real?? Wat happens if that ritual really does give the guy the courage to really escape??

They caught him once and Mihika sends him off again... :lol!: He got in the mood for it and joined the fun...I liked the bit when ishita dad went down in front of him and he wasnt comfortable wit it and got him to stand, and ishita sister had a nice expression on her face seeing that as well...The respect that her dad was given...Raman is not a bad guy...Now wit a chance they will slowly c that...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by ..crystal.. on 2014-02-13, 14:25

That scene was really to funny "maaf kijiega but abhi mujhe kasi jana hai" :*lol*:

..crystal..
Shining Silver
Shining Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Abavi on 2014-02-13, 14:27

sarra0 wrote:It is an unusual ritual...It is real?? Wat happens if that ritual really does give the guy the courage to really escape??

They caught him once and Mihika sends him off again... :lol!: He got in the mood for it and joined the fun...I liked the bit when ishita dad went down in front of him and he wasnt comfortable wit it and got him to stand, and ishita sister had a nice expression on her face seeing that as well...The respect that her dad was given...Raman is not a bad guy...Now wit a chance they will slowly c that...
It happens, it is a real ritual, but the bride's father or brother do not go on knees... it is a verbal exchange and is full of leg pulling.. a ritual to break the ice between the girl's father, brother and the groom..

The actual significance is that the man officially announces that his bramachariya is done for ever and gets into married life.

Abavi
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 14:31

Abavi wrote:
slmu wrote:The Kasi yatra, a ritual in which the groom threatens to run away to Kasi while the bride's parents request him to stay back and marry their daughter, was stretched to the limit yesterday. In real weddings, the groom hardly takes off like that.. he walks a short distance and then the brides family stops him etc. It was fun watching it though, with Raman stating that its better to run than stay and get married to Ishita  :*lol*: and then running away .. he was way ahead when he finally stopped running... shayad beti ki yaad aageyi  ROFL 

Yeah, it was too much yesterday...

In reality, the dialogue exchanges are real fun, During one of my cousin's wedding, the groom told the Bride's brother that he is taking bramachariya and the bride's brother said fine.. the groom was like what no, I am not going anywhere, give your sister's hand in marraige... it was total ulta.. we had a good laugh...

:lol!:  that would have been hilarious to watch

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-02-13, 14:31

Abavi wrote:
sarra0 wrote:It is an unusual ritual...It is real?? Wat happens if that ritual really does give the guy the courage to really escape??

It happens, it is a real ritual, but the bride's father or brother do not go on knees... it is a verbal exchange and is full of leg pulling.. a ritual to break the ice between the girl's father, brother and the groom..

The actual significance is that the man officially announces that his bramachariya is done for ever and gets into married life.

Thanks Vi...Sounds like a fun ritual...Good to know in reality they dont go down on their knees...Apt significance...I have never seen a south indian wedding its nice to learn a bit about them..

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 14:38

I see Vi's given you the lowdown on the ritual.. its good fun usually.. he is given an umbrella, and/or a walking stick and a little packet to keep him going on the journey.

Raman is a really respectful guy.. there is a lot that Ishu does not know about him. Also, he always gives way to women have you noticed? Very chivalrous.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 14:39

..crystal.. wrote:That scene was really to funny "maaf kijiega but abhi mujhe kasi jana hai" :*lol*:

Yes Crystal that was really funny  :*lol*:

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-02-13, 15:05

slmu wrote:

I see Vi's given you the lowdown on the ritual.. its good fun usually.. he is given an umbrella, and/or a walking stick and a little packet to keep him going on the journey.

Raman is a really respectful guy.. there is a lot that Ishu does not know about him. Also, he always gives way to women have you noticed? Very chivalrous.

Ah so that's wat was in the red cloth...Something to keep him going...

Yeah he is a decent guy...Shame he got a first wive like shagun..He would have been a walkover when in love..Kind considerate loving spoiling...It is something she has nearly discovered a few times before someone or something puts a spanner in the works..Now they have all the time in the world to find out about each other slowly...

Something I was wondering yesterday since this wedding is for ruhi only will they share a bedroom?? It will get them used to each other...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 15:09

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:

Yeah he is a decent guy...Shame he got a first wive like shagun..He would have been a walkover when in love..Kind considerate loving spoiling...It is something she has nearly discovered a few times before someone or something puts a spanner in the works..Now they have all the time in the world to find out about each other slowly...

Something I was wondering yesterday since this wedding is for ruhi only will they share a bedroom?? It will get them used to each other...

:*lol*:  good question or will Ishita insist on sleeping with Ruhi in her room?

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-02-13, 15:17

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:

:lol!: That's the other possibility...How many rooms does that flat have anyway...With the amount of family living there...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 15:18

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:

:lol!: That's the other possibility...How many rooms does that flat have anyway...With the amount of family living there...

like I was telling Zu the other day, its magical.. increase the number of family members, the no. of rooms automatically increases.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sarra0 on 2014-02-13, 15:21

slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:

like I was telling Zu the other day, its magical.. increase the number of family members, the no. of rooms automatically increases.

Ah harry putter has been at it again...Practising magic...

sarra0
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 15:22

sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:
sarra0 wrote:
slmu wrote:

Ah harry putter has been at it again...Practising magic...

ROFL

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-02-13, 17:26

ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  Good one Shanti

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by anurao66 on 2014-02-13, 17:26

Shanthi,
I was actually looking forward to see these rituals and I am glad they showed it so well. I felt touched when Mr.Iyer fell on Raman's legs. I never knew that the father had to do it. I was under the impression the brides brother will fall.

I loved the episode yesterday and also your post. I am so happy that more people are getting aware of such fun rituals at different weddings.

anurao66
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 18:32

anurao66 wrote:Shanthi,
I was actually looking forward to see these rituals and I am glad they showed it so well. I felt touched when Mr.Iyer fell on Raman's legs. I never knew that the father had to do it. I was under the impression the brides brother will fall.

I loved the episode yesterday and also your post. I am so happy that more people are getting aware of such fun rituals at different weddings.

Anu, thanks :)

I don't think anything like falling at feet goes on nowadays... that was unnecessary but Raman was so respectful which was wonderful.

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sameersaagar on 2014-02-13, 20:54

The Bridegroom running off and threatening to go off to Kasi was quite enjoyable, till Shagun came to spoil the show  :)

sameersaagar
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 20:55

sameersaagar wrote:The Bridegroom running off and threatening to go off to Kasi was quite enjoyable, till Shagun came to spoil the show  :)

Yes it was.. its one of the fun aspects of our types of weddings :)

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Shesherkobita on 2014-02-13, 20:56

Sameer... How have you been! I love this show... I love the arrogant Raman character... He showed his sense of humor too yesterday... Umbrella? Why is there raining  in kasi?  :lol!:

Shesherkobita
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-13, 21:13

Shanti that kasiyatra was super fun...I remembered you in that scene..you had predicted that he would really want to run away and he promptly used that opportunty  :*lol*: 

I liked how both families enjoyed that ritual...the touching part was when ishus dad fell at his feet...he was so sweet asking him not to do that

After that there is usually feet washing ritual right?

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 21:17

zuzana wrote:Shanti that kasiyatra was super fun...I remembered you in that scene..you had predicted that he would really want to run away and he promptly used that opportunty  :*lol*: 

I liked how both families enjoyed that ritual...the touching part was when ishus dad fell at his feet...he was so sweet asking him not to do that

After that there is usually feet washing ritual right?

:*lol*:  it was tailor made for Raman to run away..

Yes feet washing is there before the kanyadaan

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 21:17

Shesherkobita wrote:Sameer... How have you been! I love this show... I love the arrogant Raman character... He showed his sense of humor too yesterday... Umbrella? Why is there raining  in kasi?  :lol!:

Sabi, the grooms are sometimes given a walking stick too :)

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by slmu on 2014-02-13, 21:28

Maria J wrote:ROFL  ROFL  ROFL  Good one Shanti

hug1

slmu
Channel Moderator
Channel Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:31

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum