Latest topics

Chivalry!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chivalry!!

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-17, 21:45

When Jodha Begum offered to sleep outside why did Jallu didnt stop her ?
Is it chivalrous to let the lady sleep outside in the cold while he sleeps inside warmly snugly

I wondered about it and then thought ,,..maybe he thought instead of listening to one more bhashan its better to let her be  nty 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Re: Chivalry!!

Post by neha on 2014-02-17, 22:10

I disliked the scene and Jalal today! What kind of husband he is ? wasn't Jodha his responsibility ? I prefer to be unmarried than being such a cowards wife  hppy  who cannot raise his voice against something which is not at all acceptable and can harm your beloved. What if the daakus or someone else attacked her ? We were not shown any of his men/army following them after their escape from jail hence I'm not buying that excuse and this nonsense!. That soul talk the day when Jodha was dying means nothing and the soul talk given today means nothing if he lets the wife who has just now recovered from the poison to sleep outside just because his other wife wanted to!...To hell with polygamy, we are lucky we follow monogamous culture.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-18, 12:18

when thought from 15th century perspective , It was a age where women were a distant secondary citizens , their  comforts ranked far behind the men plus Jodha is a Rajput .. Their Ranks were never high  in the Mughal household  as she was not from pureline .. That Jodha  got so much respect and standing is commendable but for her to be treated on par with  other Begums is expecting a bit much..

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-18, 13:15

neha wrote:I disliked the scene and Jalal today! What kind of husband he is ? wasn't Jodha his responsibility ? I prefer to be unmarried than being such a cowards wife  hppy  who cannot raise his voice against something which is not at all acceptable and can harm your beloved. What if the daakus or someone else attacked her ? We were not shown any of his men/army following them after their escape from jail hence I'm not buying that excuse and this nonsense!. That soul talk the day when Jodha was dying means nothing and the soul talk given today means nothing if he lets the wife who has just now recovered from the poison to sleep outside just because his other wife wanted to!...To hell with polygamy, we are lucky we follow monogamous culture.

Phew Thanks for the present monogamy....

he should have said that the whole trip they have been sleeping like this so he would like to do tht even that night...and let Ruqs sleep alone in her kheema...

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria J on 2014-02-18, 13:18

Tanthya wrote:when thought from 15th century perspective , It was a age where women were a distant secondary citizens , their  comforts ranked far behind the men plus Jodha is a Rajput .. Their Ranks were never high  in the Mughal household  as she was not from pureline .. That Jodha  got so much respect and standing is commendable but for her to be treated on par with  other Begums is expecting a bit much..
oh nice explanation

Maria J

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-18, 13:19

zuzana wrote:
neha wrote:I disliked the scene and Jalal today! What kind of husband he is ? wasn't Jodha his responsibility ? I prefer to be unmarried than being such a cowards wife  hppy  who cannot raise his voice against something which is not at all acceptable and can harm your beloved. What if the daakus or someone else attacked her ? We were not shown any of his men/army following them after their escape from jail hence I'm not buying that excuse and this nonsense!. That soul talk the day when Jodha was dying means nothing and the soul talk given today means nothing if he lets the wife who has just now recovered from the poison to sleep outside just because his other wife wanted to!...To hell with polygamy, we are lucky we follow monogamous culture.

he should have said that the whole trip they have been sleeping like this so he would like to do tht even that night...and let Ruqs sleep alone in her kheema...

Actually, They never did show how they slept ..saath saath .. I,, Bed..U , Couch arrangement  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-18, 13:19

Tanthya wrote:when thought from 15th century perspective , It was a age where women were a distant secondary citizens , their  comforts ranked far behind the men plus Jodha is a Rajput .. Their Ranks were never high  in the Mughal household  as she was not from pureline .. That Jodha  got so much respect and standing is commendable but for her to be treated on par with  other Begums is expecting a bit much..

its not about age at all nor abt Rajasthani in Mughal..its about how they felt at that time..Jalal was completely in love with Jo begum so how could he leave her outside and sleep inside...when you feel so deeply for the other person usually u get sensitive to their smallest needs and desires..so where was that feel...as a lover I felt Jalal failed at that stage is what I felt..so I would have like if he said Ruqs he would sleep in the open too as he was doing the previous nights

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-18, 13:20

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:

Actually, They never did show how they slept ..saath saath .. I,, Bed..U , Couch arrangement  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil

it was obvious they didnt have kheemas

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-18, 13:25

zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:

it was obvious they didnt have kheemas...there is no fight becos no bed nor couch  hppy 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-18, 13:42

zuzana wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:

it was obvious they didnt have kheemas...there is no fight becos no bed nor couch  hppy 

Ahem, In Todarmal's house they had  "EVERRRRRYYYYTHING"

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by zuzana on 2014-02-18, 13:50

Tanthya wrote:
zuzana wrote:
zuzana wrote:
Tanthya wrote:

Ahem, In Todarmal's house they had  "EVERRRRRYYYYTHING"

Ermmm so this is what u were focussing on hppy 

They missed showing us that they never get that opportunity again Shocked 

zuzana

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-18, 14:09

Sathu, if we keep the century factor aside, it was not a sensible move and there is no question of rank of his begums when he made it clear to Ruq when she arrived that she has to travel along with them as a commoner leaving the luxuries behind which she brought with her from Agra. Now I feel he was totally wrong here sleeping inside and then coming out of the khema chupake se when Ruq was fast asleep to check if all is well with Jodha. I thought this very act of his made me think he did not want to cross Ruq's word and accepted the sleeping arrangement. I loathe him for this cowardness and dumbness. He could have made some arrangement for Jodha inside and if Ruq's khema wasn't there he would have slept outside with Jodha. Then what made him do what he did ?  Evil or Very Mad ...He claims to be in love with Jodha but does Jodha wants only his love ? Why can't he give her the companionship that comes along with love in any marriage ? I guess he needs to clear his thoughts before expecting anything from Jodha.

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Tanthya on 2014-02-18, 14:26

neha wrote:

Sathu, if we keep the century factor aside, it was not a sensible move and there is no question of rank of his begums when he made it clear to Ruq when she arrived that she has to travel along with them as a commoner leaving the luxuries behind which she brought with her from Agra. Now I feel he was totally wrong here sleeping inside and then coming out of the khema chupake se when Ruq was fast asleep to check if all is well with Jodha. I thought this very act of his made me think he did not want to cross Ruq's word and accepted the sleeping arrangement. I loathe him for this cowardness and dumbness. He could have made some arrangement for Jodha inside and if Ruq's khema wasn't there he would have slept outside with Jodha. Then what made him do what he did ?  Evil or Very Mad ...He claims to be in love with Jodha but does Jodha wants only his love ? Why can't he give her the companionship that comes along with love in any marriage ? I guess he needs to clear his thoughts before expecting anything from Jodha.

Mujhe Ek baat Batayiye , Neha Begum...from where did those Khema Makers tapkofy and disappeared too after building that Khema .. I am searching dhoor dhoor tak using durbin and I don't see anybody apart from this 4 and they were empty handed  scratch ..

He has to manage his many wives.. He knows that Jodha is a matured one, understanding but Ruqaiyya is the high strung one.. his  childhood friendship, the bond forged when he was a lonely boy will not allow him to cede  his loyalty to Jodha..Yes, He loves Jodha but Jodha came now, it was Ruqaiyya who was there with him through his childhood .. Should he  just  throw out a relationship that has been honed over fires of betrayal, danger, trust, belief  for a relationship that is just building  ?? If he did that.. then tomorrow he would throw away Jodha too for somebody else..He respects relationships, values them .. Isn't that reason why he has kept Maham alive even after knowing she was the one who had Bairam Khan killed, but in his own way protected  Salima and Bairam's Son by offering marriage.

Tanthya
Dazzling Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by neha on 2014-02-18, 14:51

Tanthya wrote:
neha wrote:

Mujhe Ek baat Batayiye , Neha Begum...from where did those Khema Makers tapkofy and disappeared too after building that Khema .. I am searching dhoor dhoor tak using durbin and I don't see anybody apart from this 4 and they were empty handed  scratch ..

I've given up on trying to find logic in this show  hppy ...My only hope is Jalal but he sometimes irk me so much that I end up bashing him. *sob sob*

He has to manage his many wives.. He knows that Jodha is a matured one, understanding but Ruqaiyya is the high strung one.. his  childhood friendship, the bond forged when he was a lonely boy will not allow him to cede  his loyalty to Jodha..Yes, He loves Jodha but Jodha came now, it was Ruqaiyya who was there with him through his childhood .. Should he  just  throw out a relationship that has been honed over fires of betrayal, danger, trust, belief  for a relationship that is just building  ?? If he did that.. then tomorrow he would throw away Jodha too for somebody else..He respects relationships, values them .. Isn't that reason why he has kept Maham alive even after knowing she was the one who had Bairam Khan killed, but in his own way protected  Salima and Bairam's Son by offering marriage.

Agreed he has to manage his many wives. But Ruqs childishness and arrogance is somewhere the outcome of Jalal's constant pampering and ignoring her rudeness, and it has reached its peak as it is not only Jalal who is suffering because of her but she is suffering most and has become vulnerable in her jealousy and troubling others too!. It has to stop somewhere na ? and its only Jalal who can tackle her, so what is he waiting for ? what if Ruq commits a mistake in her agony (The new spoiler suggests so) which becomes a headache for everyone? I know he was alone and she was always there for him but he needs to stop her from destroying herself, else there lives will become hell and we will suffer because of this melodrama and rona-dhona  Wink  Wink 

neha
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by sandhya on 2014-02-18, 18:45

Neha

Jalal probably thought that Jo wanted to go out on her own accord. As for the safety, Hoshiyaar and other baandhies and khaadims who carried the tent must also have been outside. May be that is why he came out to check , but the scene was cut abruptly. Also the tent by itself is no freeze-free zone. Not much difference between inside and outside except for the fluffy spread.

Also the soul talk in the middle of that scene did not make much sense. Also I did not understand why they cut that scene abruptly. They could have at least shown they spoke after Jodha opened her eyes. So no point drawing inferences from a badly directed and badly edited scene.

I was more disappointed that jalal looked like a teddy bear even in shaahi libas. It was not just the sethji costume that makes him look stuffed. 

Even during the dhaaga tying mannat scene I was only comparing this teddy bear to the handsome chiseled features of jalal during the Ajmer trip. No

sandhya
Glittering Gold
Glittering Gold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 22:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum